IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-08-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:58:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc
19:58:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:58:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:58:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
19:58:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:58:15 [trackbot]
Date: 13 August 2009
19:58:26 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009JulSep/0021.html
19:58:33 [MichaelC]
regrets: Bruce_Bailey
19:59:06 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Issues for 13 Aug 2009 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090813misc/results
19:59:22 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Update on Rapid Response Process
19:59:31 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Planning for update of Understanding and Techniques
19:59:34 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
19:59:41 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
19:59:44 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Face to Face at TPAC
19:59:52 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:07 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:28 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:30 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.373.aaaa
20:01:05 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:01:22 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle is James_Nurthen
20:01:22 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:01:26 [Sofia]
zakim, +1.415.373.aaaa is sofia_celic
20:01:26 [Zakim]
+sofia_celic; got it
20:01:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.219.aabb
20:01:29 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:01:41 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:01:48 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P7 is Bengt_Farre
20:01:53 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:01:57 [Ben]
zakim, ??P10 is Ben_Caldwell
20:01:57 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:04:04 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:05:11 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Miscellaneous Issues for 13 Aug 2009 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090813misc/results" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:06:16 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:46 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Errata - SC 1.4.4 Contrast (Minimum)
20:08:21 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accepted Errata - SC 1.4.4 Contrast (Minimum) as proposed
20:08:34 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to update errata as per http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090813misc/results#xerrata
20:08:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-37 - Update errata as per http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090813misc/results#xerrata [on Michael Cooper - due 2009-08-20].
20:08:53 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issue 2727: Text color, G148 1.4.3 & 1.4.6
20:09:12 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accepted Issue 2727: Text color, G148 1.4.3 & 1.4.6
20:09:55 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issues 2724, 2742: 1.3.1. vs. 1.3.2 Meaningful Sequence vs. Info and Relationships
20:10:08 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:11:54 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accepted Issues 2724, 2742: 1.3.1. vs. 1.3.2 Meaningful Sequence vs. Info and Relationships with minor editorial edits
20:12:02 [MichaelC]
action: Andi to propose editorial cleanup to proposal in issue 2724 and 2742
20:12:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-38 - Propose editorial cleanup to proposal in issue 2724 and 2742 [on Andi Snow-Weaver - due 2009-08-20].
20:12:24 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Sufficient Technique for SC 2.2.1: Adjusting the time limit to ten times the time
20:13:38 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:14:22 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:49 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:48 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:20:38 [Loretta]
#
20:20:41 [Loretta]
Adjust: The user is allowed to adjust the time limit before encountering it over a wide range that is at least ten times the length of the default setting; or
20:20:43 [Loretta]
#
20:20:45 [Loretta]
Extend: The user is warned before time expires and given at least 20 seconds to extend the time limit with a simple action (for example, "press the space bar"), and the user is allowed to extend the time limit at least ten times;
20:38:57 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Do not accept Sufficient Technique for SC 2.2.1: Adjusting the time limit to 10 times the time.
20:40:55 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issue 2702: H48 included in H50
21:00:08 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accept Issue 2702 as modified
21:00:41 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issue 2704: H85 optgroup
21:02:06 [Andi]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:02:18 [Zakim]
Andi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Katie_Haritos-Shea (45%), Tim_Boland (4%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (9%)
21:06:40 [Zakim]
-sofia_celic
21:07:13 [Zakim]
+sofia_celic
21:08:38 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Leave issue 2704 open
21:09:01 [jamesn]
action: Ben to update User agent note for H85
21:09:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - Update User agent note for H85 [on Ben Caldwell - due 2009-08-20].
21:09:46 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issue 2746: ALT text for icon (H30, Example 4)
21:11:08 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:19:32 [jamesn]
ACTION: sofia to try to come up with a better example 4 for H30
21:19:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-40 - Try to come up with a better example 4 for H30 [on Sofia Celic-Li - due 2009-08-20].
21:19:54 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: leave issue 2746 open
21:20:16 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Issue 2721: Resize Text (technique submission)
21:20:47 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:22:46 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accepted issue 2721 as ammended.
21:23:00 [jamesn]
zakim, next item
21:23:00 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Update on Rapid Response Process" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:29:33 [bengt]
when in november ?
21:30:15 [bengt]
has to be in toronto about that perhaps
21:32:10 [Loretta]
nov 2-6
21:33:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, close this item
21:33:07 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:33:08 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:33:09 [Zakim]
3. Planning for update of Understanding and Techniques [from MichaelC]
21:33:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 4
21:33:10 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Face to Face at TPAC" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:33:12 [Andi]
Andi has left #wai-wcag
21:33:19 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: Cancel FtF at TPAC
21:33:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, close this item
21:33:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
21:33:23 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
21:33:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:33:24 [Zakim]
3. Planning for update of Understanding and Techniques [from MichaelC]
21:33:25 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Planning for update of Understanding and Techniques" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:35:06 [jamesn]
ACTION: cooper to fix the ARIA techniques which are already available
21:35:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-41 - Fix the ARIA techniques which are already available [on Michael Cooper - due 2009-08-20].
21:35:08 [Zakim]
-sofia_celic
21:35:09 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:35:09 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:35:11 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:35:11 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:35:12 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:35:16 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:35:19 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:35:27 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:35:28 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:35:30 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:35:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow_Weaver, Cooper, James_Nurthen, sofia_celic, +1.617.219.aabb, Katie_Haritos-Shea, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Ben_Caldwell, Andrew_Kirkpatricck,
21:35:33 [Zakim]
... Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:35:43 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:35:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
21:36:56 [jamesn]
rrsagent, please part
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to update errata as per http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090813misc/results#xerrata [1]
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc#T20-08-34
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi to propose editorial cleanup to proposal in issue 2724 and 2742 [2]
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc#T20-12-02
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to update User agent note for H85 [3]
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-09-01
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sofia to try to come up with a better example 4 for H30 [4]
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-32
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to fix the ARIA techniques which are already available [5]
21:36:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-35-06