IRC log of mwts on 2009-08-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:50:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:50:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:50:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:50:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:50:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:50:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
14:50:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:50:12 [trackbot]
Date: 04 August 2009
14:50:32 [dom]
14:50:36 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
14:59:11 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
14:59:42 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:49 [Zakim]
14:59:56 [Zakim]
14:59:59 [Zakim]
15:00:25 [Zakim]
15:01:07 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:01:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:01:11 [Zakim]
15:01:34 [Zakim]
15:01:46 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
15:01:46 [dom]
zakim, ??P3 is Dmitri
15:01:49 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
15:01:59 [hendry]
having problems with the telecon
15:02:06 [hendry]
just rings and cuts me off
15:02:47 [Zakim]
15:02:54 [hendry]
ah, that's me
15:02:55 [dom]
zakim, ??P6 is Kai
15:02:55 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:04:03 [dom]
Marcos, should we wait for you to join?
15:04:13 [Marcos]
15:04:57 [Zakim]
15:05:11 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:05:19 [dom]
15:05:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN
15:05:19 [trackbot]
15:05:27 [dom]
Wilhelm: still pending approval
15:05:33 [dom]
15:05:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN
15:05:33 [trackbot]
15:06:03 [dom]
close ACTION-2
15:06:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 Continue integrating his tests WTF closed
15:06:21 [dom]
Kai: regarding WTF, I've been talking with Robert and I have helped out with instructions on how to install it on Linux
15:06:35 [dom]
... I've filed an issue about making it easier to contributing tests
15:06:42 [dom]
... e.g. through a Web form
15:06:49 [dom]
... Robert thought this was a good idea
15:07:31 [dom]
15:07:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-62 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to send feedback on the contribution guide for widgets test suites -- due 2009-07-07 -- OPEN
15:07:31 [trackbot]
15:07:42 [dom]
-> Dom's comments
15:08:36 [dom]
Kai: Marcos has probably stuff to say about this as well
15:08:51 [dom]
... I'll follow-up
15:09:07 [dom]
Marcos: Kai and I have been discussing his framework
15:09:23 [dom]
... I've been looking at what would be needed to build the tests properly - don't think we need that much
15:09:38 [dom]
... now that the test assertions have been extracted out
15:10:17 [dom]
... With regard to the contribution guide, we'll link it from the testing area and the spec
15:10:57 [dom]
15:11:23 [Marcos]
15:12:44 [hendry]
so the one place is proposed as <> ?
15:12:44 [dom]
Kai: I think it's best to keep everything in one place
15:14:20 [dom]
Marcos: I'll be integrating all the relevant materials (contribution guide, test plan) into a single document
15:15:14 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to report back on Marcos' progress wrt integration of test documentation materials
15:15:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-71 - Report back on Marcos' progress wrt integration of test documentation materials [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-11].
15:15:39 [dom]
ACTION-62: closed
15:15:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-62 Send feedback on the contribution guide for widgets test suites notes added
15:15:39 [trackbot]
If you meant to close ACTION-62, please use 'close ACTION-62'
15:15:42 [dom]
ACTION-63: closed
15:15:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-63 Add testing strategies to widget test contrbutions guide notes added
15:15:42 [trackbot]
If you meant to close ACTION-63, please use 'close ACTION-63'
15:16:39 [dom]
ACTION-66: closed
15:16:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-66 Update the test plan with the latest assertions notes added
15:16:39 [trackbot]
If you meant to close ACTION-66, please use 'close ACTION-66'
15:16:53 [dom]
ACTION-45: closed
15:16:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-45 Propose a plan for getting contributions from community notes added
15:16:53 [trackbot]
If you meant to close ACTION-45, please use 'close ACTION-45'
15:16:57 [dom]
ACTION-45 closed
15:16:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-45 Propose a plan for getting contributions from community closed
15:17:00 [dom]
ACTION-66 closed
15:17:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-66 Update the test plan with the latest assertions closed
15:17:04 [dom]
ACTION-63 closed
15:17:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-63 Add testing strategies to widget test contrbutions guide closed
15:17:08 [dom]
ACTION-62 closed
15:17:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-62 Send feedback on the contribution guide for widgets test suites closed
15:17:25 [dom]
15:17:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-67 -- Kai Hendry to work with Marcos on developing templates and contributions guide -- due 2009-08-04 -- OPEN
15:17:25 [trackbot]
15:18:44 [dom]
Marcos: will do that later this week
15:18:49 [dom]
ACTION-70 closed
15:18:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-70 Draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget testing closed
15:18:59 [dom]
-> invitation to widgets testing event in blog
15:19:28 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
15:19:41 [dom]
15:19:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-68 -- Kai Hendry to submit proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-08-04 -- OPEN
15:19:41 [trackbot]
15:19:52 [dom]
-> Kai's suggestions for WCTMB2
15:20:03 [Zakim]
15:20:09 [dom]
Kai: have we considered making the test a widget?
15:20:16 [dom]
... we could tie in widgets-related tests
15:21:15 [dom]
Dom: doing it only as a widget seems a bit too restrictive to me
15:21:29 [dom]
... given that there are no runtime widget engine implementing the W3C spec
15:21:37 [dom]
Kai: there are a few, but probably not very compliant
15:22:00 [dom]
... I also noted to integrate tests from AppCache
15:22:09 [dom]
... and wondered if we could take some tests from ACID3
15:22:20 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'm thinking along the same lines, but with different tests
15:22:25 [dom]
... testing for features rather than bugs
15:23:05 [dom]
Kai: if we're testing features - I'm not sure how forward-looking we should be
15:23:13 [dom]
... I've also proposed an audio test
15:23:59 [dom]
Wilhelm: audio test sounds good
15:24:15 [dom]
Dom: not sure we can define how forward-looking we should target; let's see as we go
15:24:24 [dom]
Wilhelm: could you turn your proposals into actual code?
15:24:29 [dom]
Kai: sure
15:24:42 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose appcache and audio test
15:24:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-72 - Propose appcache and audio test [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-11].
15:24:57 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to create test cases for WCTMB2
15:24:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-73 - Create test cases for WCTMB2 [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-08-11].
15:25:10 [dom]
Wilhelm: we basically a bunch of scripts that say yes or no
15:25:19 [dom]
15:25:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-69 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review WCTMB2 proposal -- due 2009-08-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:25:19 [trackbot]
15:25:33 [dom]
-> Dom's comments on WCTMB2
15:26:57 [dom]
Dom: in addition to my comments in my email, we should probably make our test run asynchronously
15:27:20 [dom]
Kai: that's usually quite painful in Javascript
15:27:36 [dom]
Dom: isn't it just a matter of using callback functions?
15:27:59 [dom]
Wilhelm: I was thinking of running them in sequence
15:28:19 [dom]
Dom: do we need a proposed API?
15:28:25 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'll make a proposal
15:28:36 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2
15:28:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-74 - Propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2 [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-08-11].
15:29:12 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to propose tests for WCTMB2 - due 2009-09-08
15:29:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - propose tests for WCTMB2 [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-09-08].
15:29:42 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:29:46 [dom]
15:29:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:29:46 [trackbot]
15:30:03 [dom]
-> Update's from OMA on XHTML MP test suite
15:30:34 [dom]
15:30:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:30:34 [trackbot]
15:30:40 [dom]
Wilhelm: still pending
15:30:44 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:31:20 [dom]
RESOLVED: Next meeting will be September 1st
15:31:34 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:31:35 [Zakim]
15:31:36 [Zakim]
15:31:37 [Zakim]
15:31:39 [Zakim]
15:31:39 [Zakim]
15:31:39 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:31:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wilhelm, Carmelo, Dom, Dmitri, Kai, Marcos
15:31:44 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:31:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:31:45 [dom]
zakim, bye
15:31:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
16:26:36 [Marcos_]
Marcos_ has joined #mwts
17:15:32 [Carmelo]