IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-07-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:30:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:30:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-ws-ra-irc
19:30:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:30:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
19:30:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:30:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
19:30:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:30:13 [trackbot]
Date: 28 July 2009
19:30:16 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
19:30:20 [Bob]
chair: Bob Freund
19:30:37 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
19:30:39 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:31:10 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
19:31:22 [dug]
zakim, IBM is Dug
19:31:22 [Zakim]
+Dug; got it
19:31:29 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jul/0060.html
19:31:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aaff
19:31:39 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
19:31:43 [dug]
echo echo echo
19:33:05 [gpilz]
I'll drown myself tonight, in sangrehia / made with sliced up fruit and cheap marsala
19:33:23 [Zakim]
+Mark_Little
19:33:51 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
19:34:00 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
19:35:28 [Tom_Rutt]
Tom_Rutt has joined #ws-ra
19:36:20 [Bob]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jul/0060.html
19:37:11 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
19:37:19 [Bob]
Scribe: Sreedhara Narayanaswamy
19:37:27 [Bob]
scribenick: Sreed
19:38:13 [Sreed]
Bob: Agenda accepted
19:39:05 [Bob]
Topic: Action Items
19:39:07 [Bob]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/tracker/actions/open
19:40:16 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
19:41:19 [Zakim]
-Mark_Little
19:42:17 [Sreed]
Bob: Issue 6917
19:43:16 [Sreed]
Bob: Need to address this issue
19:44:37 [Sreed]
Bob: Discussion of 6917 in F2F
19:48:14 [li]
q+
19:48:25 [Bob]
ack li
19:48:31 [Geoff]
q+
19:49:22 [Sreed]
Li: Discuss the agenda of publication
19:49:23 [Bob]
ack geoff
19:49:53 [Sreed]
Geoff: Working on it will send it over the week
19:50:08 [Sreed]
Bob: Need by Thursday
19:50:19 [Sreed]
Bob: Any other item for the F2F
19:51:10 [dug]
chair slaps Geoff for not getting the wine list
19:51:49 [Sreed]
Bob: New issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7127
19:53:14 [Sreed]
Tom Rutt: Notification defintion discussing about the mechanism would be required
19:53:52 [Sreed]
Tom Rutt: Proposed solution require Notification defintion which is the application content of the defintion, need discussion on this
19:54:26 [Sreed]
Bob: Accepting New issue 7127 & Tom Rutt will be taking the ownership
19:56:07 [gpilz]
q+
19:56:32 [Bob]
ack gpil
19:57:35 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
19:58:16 [Sreed]
gpilz: 6401 reference parameters information trying to work which is specific - the way description
19:58:25 [Bob]
ack tom
19:59:20 [Sreed]
Bob: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6692
20:00:18 [Sreed]
Geoff: Joint proposal - discussion IBM & Microsoft had which is based on the last F2F
20:02:38 [Sreed]
Geoff: push mode is not currently specified in the spec, delivery element is still exists - original spec when push mode is undefined. Wording changes push/make connections which will be handled 6432
20:04:56 [li]
q+
20:05:35 [Bob]
ack li
20:06:26 [dug_]
dug_ has joined #ws-ra
20:06:50 [dug_]
q+
20:06:56 [gpilz]
q+
20:07:01 [Bob]
ack dug
20:07:28 [Sreed]
Dug: Notifications can be delivered
20:07:28 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:08:02 [Sreed]
gpliz: It is not clear
20:08:47 [gpilz]
hello?
20:09:04 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aaff
20:09:04 [Sreed]
Bob: Asynchronous with specific to
20:10:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aagg
20:10:13 [dug]
I can live w/o "async" - same end result
20:11:33 [Bob]
proposal at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jul/att-0057/wseventing-6692-10.doc
20:11:50 [Sreed]
Bob: Any objection accepting the proposal
20:12:04 [dug]
"This specification defines only an asynchronous method of delivery for notifications from the event source to event sink. "
20:12:18 [dug]
"The absence of any extensions to the wse:Delivery or wse:NotifyTo elements indicates that notifications should be asynchronously sent as SOAP messages to the endpoint described in lines (21-28). "
20:12:29 [dug]
"When present this element indicates that notifications MUST be asynchronously sent to the EndpointReference identified by this element."
20:13:08 [dug]
This specification defines only one method of delivery for notifications from the event source to event sink.
20:13:17 [dug]
??
20:14:19 [dug]
This specification a method of delivery for notifications from the event source to the event sink.
20:14:27 [li]
q+
20:14:31 [dug]
This specification defines a method of delivery for notifications from the event source to the event sink.
20:14:45 [Bob]
ack li
20:15:01 [gpilz]
This specification defines a method for delivering notifications from the event source to the event sink.
20:15:25 [Sreed]
li: define is reference to the event - async some kind of i/p
20:15:57 [Sreed]
Bob: Eventing with message cause to flow back
20:16:36 [Zakim]
- +984999aadd
20:16:52 [Zakim]
+ +984999aahh
20:17:43 [Wu]
q+
20:18:02 [gpilz]
This specification defines a method for transmitting notifications from the event source to the event sink.
20:18:07 [Bob]
ack wu
20:18:13 [gpilz]
q+
20:18:28 [dug]
maybe we should delete this sentence??
20:18:39 [dug]
:-)
20:18:47 [Wu]
This specification defines a subscribe/notify method ...
20:18:57 [Sreed]
Bob: Wu what text you propose
20:19:36 [dug]
"This specification defines a method for transmitting notifications from the event source to the event sink through the inclusion of the wse:NotifyTo EPR."
20:19:38 [dug]
q+
20:19:52 [Wu]
This specification defines a subscribe/notify method for transmitting notifications from the event source to the event sink.
20:19:59 [gpilz]
hello?
20:20:11 [gpilz]
my mic isn't working
20:20:16 [dug]
"This specification defines a method for transmitting notifications from the event source to the event sink through the use of the wse:NotifyTo element."
20:20:20 [Bob]
ack dug
20:20:23 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aagg
20:20:57 [Sreed]
dug: how we actually do it
20:21:10 [Geoff]
+1 for doug
20:21:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aaii
20:21:13 [gpilz]
q+
20:21:26 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:22:10 [Geoff]
q+
20:22:18 [Bob]
ack geoff
20:22:24 [gpilz]
q+
20:22:51 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:23:03 [Bob]
"This specification defines a method for transmitting notifications from the event source to the event sink through the use of thewse:NotifyTo element."
20:23:26 [Bob]
no objections
20:23:48 [Sreed]
Bob: any objectiosn to other two sentenses
20:24:05 [Bob]
no objections to the removal of asynchronously in the other two places
20:24:45 [asir]
Vow!!
20:25:08 [asir]
Certainly progress!
20:27:08 [Sreed]
RESOLUTION: 6692 Modification in bugzilla
20:28:42 [Bob]
comment: chair to add modifications to bugzilla reflecting the thre agreements above
20:29:39 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6432#c5
20:30:17 [Sreed]
Bob: new poposal
20:30:52 [Bob]
s/prposal/proposal in the bugzilla
20:30:59 [gpilz]
+1
20:31:14 [li]
q+
20:31:22 [Bob]
ack li
20:32:28 [Wu]
q+
20:32:41 [gpilz]
q+
20:33:01 [Ram]
q+
20:33:02 [Bob]
ack wu
20:33:32 [Sreed]
Wu: suggest wording changes
20:33:59 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:35:12 [Bob]
ack ram
20:36:58 [Ram]
Proposal for 6432: "When the wse:NotifyTo element is used within the Delivery element it specifies the endpoint to which Notifications are sent. For delivery to addressable endpoints this is sufficient. However, for non-addressable endpoints some additional mechanisms are needed. A subscriber can choose to leverage the WS-MakeConnection] specification to enable delivery of Notifications to non-addressable endpoints."
20:37:07 [dug]
q+
20:37:18 [Sreed]
Bob: Ram are suggesting specific changes to the text in the proposal
20:37:23 [Wu]
q+
20:37:24 [Bob]
ack dug
20:39:06 [Bob]
ack wu
20:40:45 [Sreed]
Bob: Wu Are you supporting Ram's text
20:41:04 [Ram]
q+
20:41:41 [Bob]
ack ram
20:41:43 [Sreed]
Bob: we might have to discuss and close this in F2F
20:43:01 [dug]
q+
20:43:23 [Ram]
Bob says: There needs to be two implementations for optional features. If not, those features may need to be marked at risk.
20:43:36 [Bob]
ack dug
20:43:45 [asir]
q+
20:43:52 [Bob]
ack asir
20:44:11 [gpilz]
q+
20:44:17 [dug]
q+
20:44:21 [Bob]
ack gpil
20:44:23 [Sreed]
Asir: might not to test anything at all
20:47:18 [Sreed]
Bob: We can discuss this next week
20:48:26 [dug]
q-
20:49:10 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7136
20:49:48 [li]
geoff: where is the link to the proposal?
20:50:09 [Sreed]
Geoff: Information with the subscription currently in the spec. Complexity of having two models how we can differentiate it.
20:50:13 [Sreed]
Geoff
20:50:16 [dug]
q+
20:52:24 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jul/0079.html
20:52:44 [Bob]
ack dug
20:53:03 [Sreed]
dug: might be re-inventing transfer in this
20:54:02 [Geoff]
+q
20:54:26 [Bob]
ack geoff
20:54:50 [dug]
q+
20:55:08 [Bob]
N.B. both Oracle and IBM mentioned that they would be able to demonstrate implementations of eventing composed with MC during CR
20:55:33 [gpilz]
q+
20:55:45 [Bob]
ack dug
20:56:53 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:56:56 [dug]
+1 gil
20:57:53 [Geoff]
q+
20:58:09 [Bob]
ack geo
20:59:33 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aabb
20:59:34 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aaii
20:59:35 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
20:59:36 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:59:36 [Zakim]
- +984999aahh
20:59:37 [Zakim]
-Dug
20:59:41 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
20:59:45 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
20:59:48 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:59:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
20:59:59 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
21:00:00 [Zakim]
- +25625660aaee
21:00:04 [Zakim]
- +1.908.696.aaaa
21:00:05 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
21:00:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.908.696.aaaa, +1.571.262.aabb, Bob_Freund, +91.98.49.99.aacc, [Microsoft], +984999aadd, +25625660aaee, Wu_Chou, Ashok_Malhotra, Dug, +1.408.642.aaff, Mark_Little,
21:00:10 [Zakim]
... Tom_Rutt, +1.408.642.aagg, +984999aahh, +1.408.642.aaii
21:04:41 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
21:10:28 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:10:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:12:36 [Bob]
trackbot, end telecon
21:12:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
21:12:36 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
21:12:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
21:12:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-ws-ra-minutes.html trackbot
21:12:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
21:12:38 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items