IRC log of sparql on 2009-07-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:58:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-sparql-irc
13:58:05 [LeeF]
trackbot, start meeting
13:58:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:58:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:58:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:58:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:58:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:58:10 [trackbot]
Date: 28 July 2009
13:58:11 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:14 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:58:15 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF, I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM already started
13:58:19 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aaaa
13:58:32 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, aaaa is me
13:58:32 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres; got it
13:58:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:58:48 [Zakim]
+EricP
13:58:52 [kasei]
Zakim, IPCaller is me
13:58:52 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
13:59:17 [kasei]
ericP: ah, ok. wiki lists you as scribing today, but I was asked last week... preference?
13:59:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.200.aabb
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+ +49.261.287.aacc
13:59:38 [SimonKJ]
Zakim, +1.919.200.aabb is me
13:59:38 [Zakim]
+SimonKJ; got it
13:59:47 [Zakim]
+LeeF
13:59:51 [SimonS]
Zakim, aacc is me
13:59:51 [Zakim]
+SimonS; got it
14:00:14 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Vacation_List
14:00:40 [ivan]
zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:00:40 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:00:43 [Zakim]
+Ivan
14:01:00 [ivan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:01:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-sparql-minutes.html ivan
14:01:01 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:01:03 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:01:03 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:01:11 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
14:01:40 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, Ed_Simon is me
14:01:40 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
14:01:43 [AlexPassant]
:)
14:02:03 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:02:07 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, who is on the phone
14:02:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', AxelPolleres
14:02:16 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AxelPolleres, kasei, EricP, SimonKJ, SimonS, LeeF, Ivan, AndyS, AlexPassant, ??P19
14:02:18 [LukeWM]
zakim, ??P19 is me
14:02:19 [Zakim]
+LukeWM; got it
14:02:29 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:02:37 [kjetil_]
Zakim, ??P20 is me
14:02:37 [Zakim]
+kjetil_; got it
14:02:50 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2009-07-21
14:02:54 [LeeF]
Regrets: Birte, Bijan, SteveH, Chime
14:03:08 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #SPARQL
14:03:19 [AxelPolleres]
just tarting, birte
14:03:33 [kasei]
who is scribing?
14:03:34 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-07-14
14:03:46 [LukeWM]
ericP was on scribe list I think
14:03:50 [kasei]
I was asked, but not listed on the wiki...
14:04:11 [Prateek]
Prateek has joined #sparql
14:04:12 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2009-07-28
14:04:37 [AxelPolleres]
scribe: Eric
14:04:50 [AxelPolleres]
scribenick ericP
14:04:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.937.775.aadd
14:04:59 [kjetil_]
Zakim, mute me
14:05:00 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should now be muted
14:05:19 [LeeF]
zakim, aadd is Prateek
14:05:19 [Zakim]
+Prateek; got it
14:05:25 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2009-07-21
14:06:03 [AndyS]
Agenda points to 2009-07-14
14:06:13 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: accept minutes http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-07-21
14:06:45 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: accept minutes http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-07-21
14:07:20 [kasei]
sure
14:07:22 [pgearon]
pgearon has joined #sparql
14:07:30 [AxelPolleres]
greg to scribe next week.
14:07:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.445.aaee
14:07:49 [john-l]
Zakim, aaee is me
14:07:49 [Zakim]
+john-l; got it
14:08:02 [ericP]
topic: Liasons
14:08:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.312.863.aaff
14:08:15 [ericP]
ericP: nothing to report from HCLS or XQuery
14:08:24 [pgearon]
Zakim, aaff is me
14:08:24 [Zakim]
+pgearon; got it
14:08:27 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: nothing to report from RIF
14:08:59 [AxelPolleres]
no news from liaisons
14:09:02 [AxelPolleres]
topic: actions
14:09:32 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/16
14:09:42 [AxelPolleres]
continued
14:10:09 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/19 continued
14:10:16 [SimonKJ]
I have started to get 403 errors on the wiki, it worked 10 minutes ago
14:10:41 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/55
14:10:55 [SimonKJ]
all
14:11:07 [SimonKJ]
I had loaded the agenda first thing, I just hot reload and got 403
14:11:35 [SimonKJ]
hopefully a temporary glitch, just be nice to see the action/issue list
14:11:42 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Vacation_List
14:11:55 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/61 done
14:12:03 [pgearon]
+q
14:12:14 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/62 done
14:12:29 [LukeWM]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/UpdateIssues
14:12:36 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/63 done
14:13:15 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/68 done
14:13:45 [kjetil_]
q+ to propose that F&R should be early in the meeting
14:13:46 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Establish task-forces for some time-permitting features
14:14:07 [LeeF]
q+ to ask about http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/UpdateIssues vis a vis http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues
14:14:16 [kjetil_]
ack pgearon
14:14:19 [AxelPolleres]
action-55 continued!
14:14:26 [kjetil_]
ack me
14:14:27 [Zakim]
kjetil_, you wanted to propose that F&R should be early in the meeting
14:16:12 [kjetil_]
Zakim, mute me
14:16:12 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should now be muted
14:16:24 [AxelPolleres]
we will discuss F&R before negation.
14:16:46 [ericP]
LeeF: should we be using issue tracker or the wiki?
14:16:57 [kjetil_]
q+ to say that HTTP RESTful is missing from the agenda too
14:17:12 [LukeWM]
q+
14:17:14 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: goal of the page is to aggregate e.g. update issues on the update page
14:17:17 [AndyS]
Is the Update page supposed to have all the things w have discussed so far?
14:17:26 [AxelPolleres]
ack Lee
14:17:26 [Zakim]
LeeF, you wanted to ask about http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/UpdateIssues vis a vis http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues
14:17:35 [kjetil_]
ack me
14:17:37 [Zakim]
kjetil_, you wanted to say that HTTP RESTful is missing from the agenda too
14:17:40 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to create (& link) tracked issues for everything listed at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/UpdateIssues
14:17:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-70 - Create (& link) tracked issues for everything listed at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/UpdateIssues [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2009-08-04].
14:17:59 [ericP]
kjetil: would like HTTP ReSTful update on the agenda today
14:18:23 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: wanted to start with issues we've already discussed. happy to get to [HTTP ReSTful update]
14:18:55 [ericP]
kjetil, update is high-level discussion -- would like that before detailed discussion
14:19:15 [ericP]
kjetil: update is high-level discussion -- would like that before detailed discussion
14:19:29 [ericP]
... would like a straw poll
14:19:39 [LeeF]
can someone explain to me what the high-level discussion is that's different from what we'd already resolved?
14:19:44 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:19:46 [Zakim]
-LukeWM
14:19:50 [kjetil_]
Zakim, mute me
14:19:50 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should now be muted
14:19:51 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: will put ReSTful update on next agenda
14:20:10 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Establish task-forces for some time-permitting features
14:20:37 [kjetil_]
LeeF, have we resolved anything regarding HTTP REST Update?
14:20:47 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:20:49 [LeeF]
kjetil, yes, we resolved to pursue them wherever they make sense
14:21:05 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: while we need to spend telecon time on required features, we don't want to forget time-permitting
14:21:16 [LukeWM]
zakim, ??P19 is me
14:21:16 [Zakim]
+LukeWM; got it
14:21:28 [ericP]
... would like to find task forces which will meet at other times
14:21:58 [ericP]
... need one or two folks to drive these issues
14:22:06 [LeeF]
kjetil, back on June 2 - see http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-06-02#resolution_3
14:22:06 [ericP]
... would like poll progress in a month
14:22:10 [LukeWM]
AndyS, I think that the update issues discussed so far ought to be on the wikipage, but no one has added anything apart from me as far as I can tell.
14:22:19 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:22:32 [bglimm]
I am volunteering for other entailment regimes
14:22:54 [AndyS]
I see a lot of things :: "Negation" and "Time Permitting Features"
14:22:58 [ericP]
LukeWM: update wiki page doesn't cover all issues -- encourage group to flush it out
14:23:12 [kjetil_]
LeeF, we're sidetracking here, but after that, there has come up four concrete alternatives to pursue, some of which are very different
14:23:25 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: think that's covered with LeeF's action to transfer issues list issues to update wiki page
14:23:33 [LeeF]
kjetil, ok, that's what i was asking about, since i've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks
14:23:40 [kjetil_]
LeeF, for example, I and SimonS have forwarded diametrically different proposals
14:23:46 [AxelPolleres]
BGP extensions for entailment regimes
14:23:55 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:SPARQL/OWL
14:24:04 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: for BGP entailment regimes, had 5 folks interested
14:24:43 [ericP]
... Birte and Bijan available to lead Entailment Regime TF
14:25:33 [ericP]
... expect a report in a month to provide info for F&R doc
14:26:00 [AxelPolleres]
LeeF: suggests strawpoll per feature.
14:26:21 [AndyS]
I am interested in BGP entailment regimes (to implement some of them)
14:26:30 [AxelPolleres]
strawpoll: who wants to contribute to BGP entailment TF?
14:26:40 [bglimm]
+1
14:26:40 [ivan]
I am interested by the BGP one
14:26:45 [AxelPolleres]
(+1 means yes, -1 no)
14:26:48 [AxelPolleres]
+1
14:26:48 [ivan]
+1
14:26:52 [kjetil_]
-1
14:26:57 [LukeWM]
-1
14:27:10 [SimonS]
-1
14:27:13 [kasei]
-1
14:27:13 [AndyS]
+1
14:27:26 [SimonKJ]
-1
14:27:44 [ericP]
-ei^2
14:27:44 [pgearon]
+1
14:28:25 [AxelPolleres]
Feature: PropertyPaths
14:28:31 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:PropertyPaths
14:28:59 [kjetil_]
Zakim, unmute me
14:28:59 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should no longer be muted
14:29:27 [AxelPolleres]
AndyS takes lead on PropPaths
14:29:31 [ericP]
AndyS: i will drive the PropertyPaths TF
14:30:07 [kjetil_]
Zakim, mute me
14:30:07 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should now be muted
14:30:13 [ericP]
kjetil: I expect to provide test cases for PropertyPaths
14:30:29 [LukeWM]
+1
14:30:30 [AlexPassant]
+1
14:30:30 [SimonKJ]
+1
14:30:30 [ivan]
+1
14:30:32 [LeeF]
+1
14:30:39 [pgearon]
+1
14:31:07 [kjetil_]
+1
14:31:17 [AxelPolleres]
+0
14:31:32 [SimonS]
+0
14:32:13 [AxelPolleres]
Feature: Commonly used SPARQL functions
14:32:18 [ericP]
LeeF: it would be great if the TFs meet
14:32:54 [ericP]
ericP: TF can "/invite Zakim #sparql" and "Zakim, space for 5?" to get an ad-hoc conference
14:33:04 [ericP]
s/TF can/TFs can/
14:34:02 [AxelPolleres]
Eric: feature function library I could provide input there.
14:34:14 [ericP]
LeeF: this one will be easier so doesn't need so much formalism
14:34:27 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: would like someone responsible
14:34:51 [AxelPolleres]
Axel: I will kick off function library discussion
14:35:32 [AxelPolleres]
ericP: existing extensibility mechanism provides a good way to extend the core.
14:36:02 [AxelPolleres]
AndyS: rather identifying URIs for common functions.
14:36:18 [ericP]
s/extensibility mechanism provides a good way to extend the core.
14:36:20 [ericP]
2009-07-28T14:36:02Z <AxelPolleres> AndyS: rather identifying URIs for
14:36:22 [ericP]
ERG!
14:36:39 [AxelPolleres]
strawpoll: who to contribute in function library?
14:36:41 [AxelPolleres]
+1
14:36:45 [ericP]
s/existing extensibility mechanism/existing functions and operators table/
14:37:04 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:BasicFederatedQuery
14:37:32 [AxelPolleres]
feature: federated query
14:37:33 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: champions AndyS, iv_an_ru, SimonS
14:37:51 [ericP]
... TF lead: SimonS
14:37:54 [kjetil_]
+1 (hopes to contribute test cases again)
14:37:56 [ericP]
+1
14:37:58 [pgearon]
+!
14:38:00 [SimonKJ]
+1
14:38:00 [pgearon]
+1
14:38:02 [kasei]
+1
14:38:10 [LeeF]
I hope to contribute, but not sure I'll have enough time
14:38:31 [AndyS]
as for LeeF
14:38:39 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:38:48 [LeeF]
ack LukeWM
14:38:48 [AxelPolleres]
ack LukeWM
14:39:00 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: we have folks assigned to all features, please go ahead and start your task forces
14:39:12 [AxelPolleres]
topic: minus vs. unsaid
14:39:37 [AxelPolleres]
topic: F&R document
14:39:40 [kjetil_]
Zakim, unmute me
14:39:40 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should no longer be muted
14:40:02 [ericP]
kjetil: F&R FPWD published
14:40:21 [ericP]
... my time is uncertain
14:40:36 [ericP]
... have inserted tempates for time-permitting features
14:40:46 [ericP]
... need to get them into shape
14:41:00 [ericP]
AlexPassant: will have time in Aug
14:41:41 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: need to get ahold of time-permitting TF leads to get paragraphs
14:41:43 [LukeWM]
LukeWM has joined #sparql
14:42:21 [ericP]
... would like next F&R at same time as FPWDs of Query and Update
14:43:24 [ericP]
ericP: would be nice to give time to get public feedback, but not sure that's feasible given the timeline
14:43:34 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: do we need more advertising?
14:43:47 [kjetil_]
freetext has been brought up
14:43:56 [ericP]
kjetil: swig?
14:44:02 [kjetil_]
has it been posted to the semantic-web ml?
14:44:12 [kjetil_]
it has been chumped on #swig
14:44:22 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: please suggest publication locations
14:44:30 [ericP]
... we shoudl contact liased WGs
14:44:57 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to re-check where to announce F&R (e.g. liaisons)
14:44:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-71 - Re-check where to announce F&R (e.g. liaisons) [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-08-04].
14:44:59 [ericP]
AndyS: when's last F&R, last call [for Query and Update]?
14:45:09 [ericP]
ivan: it's a note, so we decide the process
14:45:40 [ericP]
kjetil: would like to make a wiki page copying the F&R doc so folks can edit it
14:45:58 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Alex to take F&R current version back to wiki for editing
14:45:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-72 - Take F&R current version back to wiki for editing [on Alexandre Passant - due 2009-08-04].
14:46:38 [AxelPolleres]
topic: MINUS vs. UNSAID
14:47:15 [ericP]
LeeF: AndyS written up UNSAID and ericP's written MINUS
14:47:23 [kjetil_]
probably a good idea to create new pages rather than use the Category:Features pages
14:47:28 [kjetil_]
Zakim, mute me
14:47:28 [Zakim]
kjetil_ should now be muted
14:47:33 [ericP]
... from implementor's perspectice, MINUS is an algebraic op to combine result sets
14:47:58 [ericP]
... while UNSAID is a FILTER which takes a triple pattern and examines existing bindings
14:48:29 [ericP]
... from query writer's perspective, in most cases MINUS and UNSAID give you the same results
14:48:53 [ericP]
... when they don't it's when OPTIONALs introduce vars
14:49:06 [ericP]
... those queries tend to be strage and artificial
14:49:32 [AxelPolleres]
BTW: I will assign actions to the TF leads to kick-off discussions, just to keep track.
14:49:44 [LukeWM]
q+
14:49:45 [ericP]
... someone listed a use case, examining where it is more natural to express one way or another
14:50:09 [LeeF]
ack LukeWM
14:50:26 [ericP]
LukeWM: if we banned opts, would it make MINUS and UNSAID equivalent?
14:50:44 [ericP]
LeeF: i think we think they're identical at that point
14:51:03 [ericP]
LukeWM: just wondering if there are compelling use cases for OPTIONALs
14:51:15 [kasei]
i'm not sure it can be identical if we haven't nailed down the antijoin(+restriction) issue that ericP was discussing on the list yesterday.
14:51:26 [AxelPolleres]
q+ on OPTIONALs
14:51:39 [LeeF]
ack AxelPolleres
14:51:39 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, you wanted to comment on OPTIONALs
14:51:57 [ericP]
LeeF: proposal to prohibit OPTIONALs in the unsaid pattern is interesting
14:52:13 [LeeF]
kasei, you're right, but i've been working on the assumption that we are dealing with AntiJoin+Restriction, which is the same semantics as UNSAID for the cases in which the two patterns share no variables I think
14:52:29 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: i think restricting patterns makes it harder
14:52:29 [ericP]
+1
14:52:35 [AxelPolleres]
ack Axel
14:52:37 [pgearon]
+q
14:52:42 [LeeF]
ack pgearon
14:52:56 [AndyS]
Messy syntax but that's all, I think.
14:53:40 [ericP]
pgearon: leaning towards eliminating OPTIONALs because you don't want to eliminiate solutions which would have !BOUND vars
14:53:54 [SimonS]
+1 pgearon.
14:53:55 [AxelPolleres]
if we disallow that, then we probably should equally think about forbidding nesting optionals... ?!?
14:54:13 [ericP]
LeeF: who's uncomfortable with prohibiting OPTIONALs in MINUS
14:54:14 [ericP]
+1
14:54:56 [AxelPolleres]
+1 to eric's +1 ;-)
14:55:07 [kasei]
for the unsaid version, I think it makes a lot of sense, since I believe optional is a no-op in that case. not sure about minus.
14:55:09 [AndyS]
Unsure about this because optionals appear in the LHS so the compatibility rules seem odd.
14:55:38 [SimonKJ]
Could go either way on this, there's complexity in both choices
14:56:09 [ericP]
ericP: would rather the discomfort occur when folks have to understand what happens with unbound vars rather than have different rules for subtraction sets
14:56:21 [AxelPolleres]
LeeF: as long as the semantics is clear, for the corner cases, I think we don't have to worry too much about corner cases arising from OPTIONAL use
14:56:30 [AxelPolleres]
(hope that summarizes lee right)
14:57:04 [ericP]
Leef: MINUS (modulo ignoring empty results), UNSAID, OPTIONAL prohibited
14:57:22 [pgearon]
we *could* say that OPTIONAL on the right is undefined. Is that a terrible idea if there is no use case to use it?
14:57:38 [LeeF]
MIUS-AntiJoin+Restriction
14:57:42 [LeeF]
MINUS-AntiJoin+Restriction
14:57:44 [LukeWM]
+1
14:57:47 [ericP]
+1
14:57:48 [AndyS]
-1
14:57:53 [SimonKJ]
-1
14:57:54 [SimonS]
-1
14:57:55 [ivan]
0
14:57:56 [AxelPolleres]
0
14:58:00 [LeeF]
+1
14:58:01 [kjetil_]
0
14:58:02 [AlexPassant]
0
14:58:11 [bglimm]
0
14:58:11 [kasei]
i don't want to drag things down here, but i'm still shaky on the equivalence of unsaid and the antijoin+restriction...
14:58:12 [Prateek]
0
14:58:17 [kasei]
-1
14:58:50 [kasei]
maybe I need to re-read the emails
14:58:58 [LeeF]
UNSAID
14:58:59 [ericP]
why do they have to be equiv?
14:59:05 [ericP]
0
14:59:08 [AndyS]
+1
14:59:09 [kasei]
+1
14:59:10 [AlexPassant]
+1
14:59:11 [LukeWM]
-1
14:59:11 [ivan]
+1
14:59:11 [AxelPolleres]
+1
14:59:12 [SimonKJ]
+1
14:59:12 [SimonS]
+1
14:59:14 [LeeF]
+1
14:59:20 [Prateek]
+1
14:59:28 [kasei]
ericP: they don't but I thought that had been asserted for the case without optionals (perhaps I've misuderstood that, too, though :)
14:59:33 [pgearon]
abstain on both
14:59:48 [pgearon]
probably for similar reasons to LeeF
14:59:53 [LeeF]
MINUS or UNSAID prohibiting OPTIONALs on the RHS
14:59:59 [ericP]
-1
15:00:04 [kjetil_]
0
15:00:07 [kasei]
+1
15:00:10 [AndyS]
-1
15:00:10 [SimonS]
0
15:00:12 [SimonKJ]
0
15:00:16 [LukeWM]
+1
15:00:18 [AxelPolleres]
0 (not entirely egainst it, since it seems it might drop worst case complexity)
15:00:19 [ivan]
0 (does not know yet...)
15:00:22 [Prateek]
0
15:00:25 [LeeF]
-1
15:00:30 [bglimm]
0
15:00:41 [kasei]
although I think this might be two different things depending on UNSAID or MINUS
15:00:51 [pgearon]
I'd rather "undefine" this pattern, rather than prohibit it
15:02:12 [LukeWM]
AndyS, sure
15:02:37 [ericP]
LeeF: clear leaning towards UNSAID
15:02:44 [AxelPolleres]
LeeF/Eric: at least in FPWD we should sketch both.
15:02:46 [ericP]
... consistent with having AndyS edit the template
15:03:05 [ericP]
... plus red spec text inclusing alternatives
15:03:56 [ericP]
topic: wrap-up
15:04:13 [ericP]
AxelPolleres: i'll make actions for TF leads
15:04:30 [ericP]
... action to get TF leads to kick off discussion
15:04:40 [ivan]
zakim, drop me
15:04:40 [Zakim]
Ivan is being disconnected
15:04:41 [Zakim]
-Ivan
15:04:43 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:04:44 [Zakim]
-john-l
15:04:45 [kasei]
AndyS: is your understanding that optional is a no-op in UNSAID?
15:04:45 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:04:46 [Zakim]
-SimonKJ
15:04:47 [Zakim]
-Prateek
15:04:48 [LeeF]
eric, can you try to follow the minutes instructions? :)
15:04:50 [Zakim]
-SimonS
15:04:51 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:04:55 [SimonKJ]
SimonKJ has left #sparql
15:04:56 [Zakim]
-pgearon
15:04:57 [Zakim]
-kjetil_
15:05:03 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make minutes public
15:05:03 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', AxelPolleres. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:05:07 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:05:15 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:05:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-sparql-minutes.html AxelPolleres
15:05:43 [AxelPolleres]
eric, will leave the minutes magic with you for today, ok?
15:06:00 [SimonS]
SimonS has left #sparql
15:06:18 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Birte to kick of BGP entailment TF
15:06:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-73 - Kick of BGP entailment TF [on Birte Glimm - due 2009-08-04].
15:07:04 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Andy to kick off property paths TF
15:07:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-74 - Kick off property paths TF [on Andy Seaborne - due 2009-08-04].
15:07:11 [AndyS]
kasei - you're right.
15:07:26 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to kick off Function Library TF
15:07:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - Kick off Function Library TF [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-08-04].
15:07:45 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: simon to kick off Basic Federated Query TF
15:07:45 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - simon
15:07:45 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. sjohnsto2, sschenk)
15:08:00 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: simon schenk to kick off Basic Federated Query TF
15:08:00 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - simon
15:08:00 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. sjohnsto2, sschenk)
15:08:11 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: sschenk to kick off Basic Federated Query TF
15:08:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-76 - Kick off Basic Federated Query TF [on Simon Schenk - due 2009-08-04].
15:13:57 [LukeWM]
LukeWM has joined #sparql
15:17:45 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:17:46 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:17:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, LukeWM
15:17:56 [LukeWM]
bye
15:17:56 [Zakim]
-LukeWM
15:17:58 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:17:58 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:18:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were +3539149aaaa, AxelPolleres, EricP, kasei, +49.261.287.aacc, SimonKJ, LeeF, SimonS, Ivan, AndyS, AlexPassant, LukeWM, kjetil_, +1.937.775.aadd, Prateek,
15:18:03 [Zakim]
... +1.216.445.aaee, john-l, +1.312.863.aaff, pgearon
15:18:52 [LukeWM]
LukeWM has joined #sparql
15:21:03 [LukeWM]
LukeWM has joined #sparql
15:37:28 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
15:52:50 [LeeF]
ericP, can you do the minutes or are you gone?
17:43:18 [LukeWM]
LukeWM has joined #sparql
17:56:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
18:01:51 [swh_]
swh_ has joined #sparql