IRC log of mwts on 2009-07-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:58:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:58:30 [wilhelm]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:58:30 [Zakim]
"TS" matches I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM, and MWI_TSWG()11:00AM, wilhelm
14:58:30 [dom]
trackbot, start meeting
14:58:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:58:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:58:34 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:58:35 [trackbot]
Date: 28 July 2009
14:59:22 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:29 [Zakim]
15:00:18 [Marcos]
Marcos has joined #mwts
15:00:20 [Zakim]
15:00:26 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
15:00:38 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
15:00:38 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
15:00:46 [dom]
zakim, ??P3 is Kai
15:00:46 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:01:07 [hendry]
15:01:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.479.524.aabb
15:01:25 [Marcos]
zakim, +1.479.524.aabb is me
15:01:25 [Zakim]
+Marcos; got it
15:01:34 [hendry] versus
15:02:00 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:02:21 [dom]
15:02:37 [dom]
ACTION-52: pending review from Wilhelm's manager
15:02:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 Draft a blog post on SPARTAN notes added
15:02:43 [dom]
15:02:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN
15:02:43 [trackbot]
15:03:00 [dom]
Kai: I'm writing up a guide on how to run the framework on linux
15:03:12 [dom]
... not sure how people are supposed to contribute to that framework without running it
15:03:26 [dom]
... it's quite hard to get it running, and thus quite hard to contributes tests to it
15:03:47 [dom]
Wilhelm: we have set up a server where internally people can just push their tests
15:03:57 [dom]
Kai: but how would we open that up to a larger audience?
15:04:17 [dom]
Wilhelm: it could work to open up write access with quick moderation
15:04:28 [dom]
Kai: quick moderation sounds tricky
15:04:36 [dom]
ISSUE: how to open up access to WTF
15:04:36 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-5 - How to open up access to WTF ; please complete additional details at .
15:04:42 [dom]
15:04:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-62 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to send feedback on the contribution guide for widgets test suites -- due 2009-07-07 -- OPEN
15:04:42 [trackbot]
15:05:21 [dom]
Kai: I've made some progress on the regular widget tests suites
15:05:28 [dom]
... still need to match it up with the test plan
15:05:39 [dom]
... that needs an update since the assertions have changed
15:05:51 [dom]
... I have spent some time filling up the test plan boxes
15:06:54 [hendry]
15:06:59 [dom]
Marcos: would like to expand on what Dom has started by adding the notion of classes of products
15:07:07 [dom]
... and start by populating the tables
15:07:14 [dom]
Kai: we already have that table
15:07:19 [dom]
15:07:49 [dom]
15:08:13 [dom]
Marcos: the assertions are still changing a bit; I would need someone to review them btw
15:08:22 [dom]
ack me
15:10:08 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to update the test plan with the latest assertions
15:10:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-66 - Update the test plan with the latest assertions [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-04].
15:10:33 [hendry]
15:10:37 [dom]
Kai: the other confusing thing is Marcos' document with the extracted test assertions
15:10:43 [dom]
... will it be different? the same document?
15:11:07 [dom]
Marcos: I'd like to see a way to match the plan to the assertions
15:11:37 [dom]
... I could add an id to each line/paragraph
15:12:52 [dom]
Dom: it would help if each assertion had a more stable id than they do right now
15:13:18 [dom]
... probably not a big deal for this doc, but would be useful going forward
15:13:39 [dom]
... also, the notion of adding a class per assertion to classify per class of product would be great
15:14:32 [dom]
Marcos: what about the review of test assertions?
15:14:44 [dom]
Dom: I think we'll send feedback as we find problems in the assertions
15:14:54 [dom]
Marcos: ok, I'll add ids to the assertions then
15:15:08 [dom]
Kai: sounds really good
15:15:31 [dom]
15:15:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-63 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to add testing strategies to widget test contrbutions guide -- due 2009-07-07 -- OPEN
15:15:31 [trackbot]
15:15:49 [dom]
15:17:23 [dom]
Marcos: a widget test contribution guide would be very useful
15:17:40 [dom]
Kai: I'd be happy to improve my current doc if that's helpful
15:18:32 [dom]
Marcos: We'll need a fairly wide review of the test suite if we want it to be reliable and useful, esp. if we're getting external contributions
15:18:51 [dom]
... providing templates for building test cases would be useful
15:18:58 [dom]
... maybe that's something we can work on together
15:19:28 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to work with Marcos on developing templates and contributions guide
15:19:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-67 - Work with Marcos on developing templates and contributions guide [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-04].
15:19:55 [hendry];a=tree;f=misc; # templates used in the widget suite so far
15:20:06 [dom]
Marcos: we'll see if there are templates we can contribute
15:20:11 [dom]
Wilhelm: and maybe even test casses
15:20:14 [dom]
15:21:32 [dom]
Kai: what about licensing?
15:21:52 [dom]
Note that tests developed during this event will be made under the Policies for Contribution of Test Cases to W3C - in particular, contributors that do not belong to the W3C Web Applications Working Group or the W3C Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group will need to agree with the terms of the Grant of License for Contributed Test Cases Published Outside a W3C Recommendation.
15:21:56 [dom]
15:22:01 [dom]
15:22:30 [dom]
[as linked from ]
15:23:15 [dom]
15:23:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 -- Kai Hendry to take a pass at updating test plan table -- due 2009-07-07 -- OPEN
15:23:15 [trackbot]
15:23:21 [dom]
Kai: I did that
15:23:27 [dom]
close ACTION-65
15:23:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 Take a pass at updating test plan table closed
15:23:42 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
15:23:48 [dom]
15:23:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-55 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to look at WCTMB2 ideas -- due 2009-06-02 -- OPEN
15:23:48 [trackbot]
15:24:09 [dom]
-> Wilhelm's announce of possible mockup for WCTMB2
15:24:15 [dom]
close ACTION-55
15:24:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-55 Look at WCTMB2 ideas closed
15:24:25 [Zakim]
15:24:38 [dom]
Wilhelm: would need feedback on the proposal, as well as new technologies, and concrete test code
15:24:48 [dom]
Kai: would be interesting to get tests from webkit layout code
15:25:01 [dom]
... I could look into that
15:25:14 [dom]
-> WCTMB2 Mockup
15:25:32 [dom]
Wilhelm: one of the principles in the current mockup is that you can get teh results through the scripting
15:25:36 [dom]
... would that be applicable here?
15:25:42 [dom]
Kai: can't tell just now
15:25:50 [dom]
... have you looked at them?
15:25:58 [dom]
Wilhelm: I haven't studied them closely
15:26:13 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to submit proposals for WCTMB2
15:26:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-68 - Submit proposals for WCTMB2 [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-04].
15:26:25 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review WCTMB2 proposal
15:26:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-69 - Review WCTMB2 proposal [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-04].
15:26:34 [dom]
Topic: Blog
15:26:40 [dom]
15:26:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-57 -- Kai Hendry to propose another blog on widgets testing -- due 2009-06-16 -- CLOSED
15:26:40 [trackbot]
15:27:33 [dom]
Wilhelm: we'll also have my article later on
15:28:25 [dom]
Dom: what about blogging about the Dusseldorf event?
15:28:37 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget testing
15:28:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-70 - Draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget testing [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-04].
15:28:42 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:28:46 [dom]
15:28:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:28:46 [trackbot]
15:28:56 [dom]
15:28:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:28:56 [trackbot]
15:29:43 [dom]
-> Dom's review on new OMA XHTML test suites
15:29:53 [dom]
Topic: Next meetings (August meetings)
15:30:13 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'll be away much of August; maybe available next week
15:30:16 [dom]
Dom: same here
15:31:01 [dom]
Kai: works for me
15:31:36 [dom]
RESOLVED: meeting next week, but no other meetings in August
15:31:45 [Zakim]
15:31:46 [Zakim]
15:31:46 [Zakim]
15:31:48 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:31:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were dom, +47.23.69.aaaa, Wilhelm, Kai, Marcos
15:31:54 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:31:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:32:21 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:32:21 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:32:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:33:39 [dom]
zakim, bye
15:33:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts