IRC log of rdfa on 2009-07-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
14:55:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-irc
14:55:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this will be SW_SWD(RDFa)
14:55:27 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; I see SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:33 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: RDFa in XHTML Task Force
14:55:38 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Ben
14:55:43 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Jul/0154.html
14:55:48 [mhausenblas]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/16-rdfa-minutes
14:55:55 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Shane
14:55:59 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:55:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:56:03 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, make record public
14:56:07 [mhausenblas]
Scribenick: mhausenblas
14:56:15 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:56:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:57:34 [msporny]
msporny has joined #rdfa
14:57:50 [msporny]
zakim, code
14:57:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', msporny
14:58:04 [msporny]
zakim, number?
14:58:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, msporny.
15:00:23 [msporny]
hi, Michael :)
15:00:24 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, code?
15:00:24 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), mhausenblas
15:00:33 [msporny]
thanks :)
15:00:40 [msporny]
seriously, you need the question mark?
15:00:55 [msporny]
awesome! Thank you.
15:01:11 [msporny]
So, are you ready to scribe two simultaneous agendas at the same time?
15:01:18 [mhausenblas]
sure :D
15:02:13 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has now started
15:02:21 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aaaa
15:02:24 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:02:28 [msporny]
zakim, I am ??P30
15:02:28 [Zakim]
+msporny; got it
15:02:29 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaa is me
15:02:29 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
15:02:36 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is me
15:02:36 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
15:02:46 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is here?
15:02:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, msporny
15:02:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see msporny, RRSAgent, Zakim, mhausenblas
15:03:07 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida
15:03:12 [benadida]
benadida has joined #rdfa
15:04:07 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:04:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:04:09 [benadida]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ben_Adida, mhausenblas, msporny
15:06:01 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Action Items
15:06:17 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/16-rdfa-minutes#ActionSummary
15:11:21 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to author wiki page with charter template for RDFa IG. Manu to provide support where needed. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/28-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
15:11:38 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:12:36 [mhausenblas]
Topic: HTML5+RDFa next steps
15:12:49 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Regarding xmlns: review status
15:13:38 [benadida]
not for xmlns="..."
15:13:55 [benadida]
<f:p>paragraph</f:p>
15:13:59 [mhausenblas]
... wondering (independent of RDFa) for HTML5 to embrace xmlns due to round-trip serialisation
15:14:47 [mhausenblas]
benadida: what if someone starts with HTML5 and wants to add a widget on its own
15:15:06 [mhausenblas]
... so XMLNS would be the best way to achieve it
15:15:41 [mhausenblas]
... it is an extensibility mechanism which is very useful (cf. Facebook usage, etc.)
15:16:26 [mhausenblas]
msporny: so, the discussion should be widened to 'how does HTML5 do round-trip serialisation'
15:16:54 [mhausenblas]
... second issue is then how to add widgets into DOM and have the browser preserve it
15:17:10 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:17:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:18:22 [mhausenblas]
msporny: I got a bit of a push back from certain people re XMLNS
15:19:46 [mhausenblas]
benadida: in any case, either a mechanism for distributed extensibility is very useful
15:20:17 [mhausenblas]
... either XMLNS is already available (as Doug S. pointed out) or it should be
15:21:45 [mhausenblas]
msporny: desire to have the same markup for XHTML5 and HTML5
15:22:08 [mhausenblas]
benadida: yeah, agree. we just say: if they want the extensibility, they can
15:23:28 [mhausenblas]
msporny: we need to make clear that XHTML5 is an important part of the HTML5
15:26:50 [mhausenblas]
benadida: regarding XMLLiteral
15:27:05 [mhausenblas]
msporny: I like Mark's proposal
15:27:16 [mhausenblas]
... that is, default behaviour should be changed to
15:27:35 [msporny]
if we have this:
15:27:58 [msporny]
<span property="foo:bar">this is <b>one</b>example</span>
15:28:12 [msporny]
the literal that would be produced is this: "this is one example"
15:29:14 [msporny]
that was Mark's proposal
15:29:31 [mhausenblas]
benadida: so the default would be datatype=""
15:34:11 [benadida]
PROPOSAL: for RDFa in HTML(4/5), an absence of @datatype defaults to plain literal, even when non-text-nodes are present in the DOM subtree.
15:34:42 [mhausenblas]
Michael: note that TC11 needs to be reviewed again
15:35:19 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Ben to query the RDFa TF and ML to gather feedback
15:35:54 [mhausenblas]
Ben: great progress today - if no other issues we move on
15:36:11 [msporny]
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Rdfa-in-html-issues
15:37:20 [mhausenblas]
Ben: test cases and implementation conformance
15:38:18 [Ralph]
Ralph has joined #rdfa
15:38:50 [Ralph]
[apologies, was buried in other tasks. Am I needed at [the rest of] this telecon?]
15:40:14 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Michael can you take over it
15:40:28 [mhausenblas]
Michael: fine with me, but wanna check back with Shane
15:41:18 [mhausenblas]
msporny: we should modularise the TC
15:41:48 [mhausenblas]
Michael: yep, good idea (can be done via an additional language flag, that is property in the manifest)
15:42:45 [mhausenblas]
benadida: would love to have a unified suite
15:43:17 [mhausenblas]
Topic: @token and @profile
15:44:04 [mhausenblas]
msporny: I see that deref stuff might go too far
15:45:32 [mhausenblas]
msporny: what I don't see is how different vocs can be mixed in your proposal, Ben
15:47:03 [mhausenblas]
benadida: however, Mark's precedence rule can yield to unexpected behaviour if the voc's term are added
15:50:42 [mhausenblas]
Michael: did we agree on the use case (the problem we're trying to solve) yet, on the Wiki, on the ML?
15:51:18 [mhausenblas]
msporny: I agree. I'm thinking of a somewhat different UC as Ben just described
15:52:17 [mhausenblas]
Michael: how about listing the different views on the UC? Ben, fancy taking an action on starting this discussion?
15:56:51 [mhausenblas]
benadida: msporny, you thought we are only discussion @profile only in the head?
15:57:04 [mhausenblas]
... my proposal is @profile everywhere
15:58:55 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:58:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:59:30 [mhausenblas]
present+ Ben
15:59:36 [mhausenblas]
present+ Manu
15:59:42 [mhausenblas]
present+ Michael
16:00:19 [benadida]
@prefix or @namespace or @context
16:00:32 [mhausenblas]
Michael: @vocab :)
16:05:03 [mhausenblas]
benadida: interesting discussion, yes. I need to make my proposal clearer and define the UC
16:05:23 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
16:05:33 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:05:34 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida
16:05:34 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has ended
16:05:35 [mhausenblas]
zakim, list attendees
16:05:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were +3539149aaaa, msporny, mhausenblas, Ben_Adida
16:05:38 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I don't know what conference this is
16:05:46 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:05:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:05:50 [mhausenblas]
zakim, bye
16:05:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfa
16:05:54 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
16:05:54 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-actions.rdf :
16:05:54 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to query the RDFa TF and ML to gather feedback [1]
16:05:54 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-rdfa-irc#T15-35-19