IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-07-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:59:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:59:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-irc
11:59:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:59:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
11:59:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:59:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
11:59:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:59:42 [trackbot]
Date: 22 July 2009
12:00:04 [conrad]
conrad has joined #mediafrag
12:00:06 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
12:00:08 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Erik
12:00:17 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0022.html
12:00:23 [mhausenblas]
Previous: 2009-07-15 http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:00:26 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
12:00:27 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
12:00:27 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Jack
12:00:33 [Zakim]
+ +49.300.aaaa
12:00:35 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, make record public
12:00:39 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:00:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:00:44 [mhausenblas]
Scribenick: mhausenblas
12:00:56 [Zakim]
+Gui
12:01:04 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
12:01:13 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:01:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:01:24 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aabb
12:02:06 [Zakim]
+Yves-office
12:03:35 [Zakim]
+??P9
12:03:49 [conrad]
Zakim ??P9 is me
12:03:56 [conrad]
Zakim ??P9 is me
12:04:44 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P9 is conrad
12:04:44 [Zakim]
+conrad; got it
12:05:07 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:05:07 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:05:52 [raphael]
Present: Conrad, Yves, Michael, Raphael, Erik, Guillaume, Davy, Silvia (irc)
12:06:16 [raphael]
Regrets: Jack
12:06:21 [raphael]
Chair: Erik
12:06:38 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html previous 2009-07-15
12:06:42 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:06:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:07:28 [Yves]
Previous Meeting: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:07:35 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:07:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:08:08 [mhausenblas]
Topic: ADMIN
12:08:30 [mhausenblas]
raphael: review of last week not sent out yet; postponed
12:08:52 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
12:08:52 [Zakim]
Gui should now be muted
12:09:19 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-92
12:09:35 [mhausenblas]
show ACTION-92
12:10:21 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-92?
12:10:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-92 -- Erik Mannens to erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:10:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/92
12:10:53 [mhausenblas]
raphael: before we do more dissemination we need to settle the current work
12:12:04 [mhausenblas]
Topic: UC & REQUIREMENTS
12:12:14 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-65?
12:12:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 -- Raphaël Troncy to split current document into i) UC and Req and ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec -- due 2009-04-23 -- OPEN
12:12:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/65
12:12:21 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-65
12:12:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 Split current document into i) UC and Req and ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec closed
12:13:19 [mhausenblas]
raphael: done, you'll need an XSLT-2 processor for it
12:13:38 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-68
12:13:41 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-68?
12:13:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-68 -- Raphaël Troncy to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document -- due 2009-04-23 -- OPEN
12:13:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/68
12:14:06 [mhausenblas]
Topic: SPECIFICATION
12:15:16 [Yves]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0005.html
12:15:21 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-74?
12:15:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-74 -- Erik Mannens to erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText -- due 2009-04-24 -- OPEN
12:15:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/74
12:15:25 [Yves]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
12:15:34 [mhausenblas]
Yves: I've contacted TAG, see above
12:16:19 [mhausenblas]
... we might want to resume end of August
12:16:33 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-49?
12:16:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-49 -- Yves Lafon to draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) -- due 2009-03-25 -- OPEN
12:16:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/49
12:16:49 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-86?
12:16:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 -- Raphaël Troncy to to bring the 'comma optional' discussion during next week telecon, in order to measure the price when releasing the syntax -- due 2009-07-01 -- OPEN
12:16:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/86
12:16:55 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-88?
12:16:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 -- Yves Lafon to verify that making the comma optional brings no ambiguities in our syntax -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:16:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/88
12:17:04 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-86
12:17:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 to bring the 'comma optional' discussion during next week telecon, in order to measure the price when releasing the syntax closed
12:17:40 [mhausenblas]
Yves: removing comma causes no ambiguities
12:17:49 [mhausenblas]
... but we have to resolve the semantics
12:18:06 [mhausenblas]
... re start/end point; we need to be clear
12:18:23 [Yves]
http://youtubetime.com/
12:18:24 [mhausenblas]
... see also http://youtubetime.com/
12:19:43 [mhausenblas]
Michael: re TC I'll have to go through it again and see which are effected (and reset them to on-hold)
12:21:38 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: for temporal MF the comma is optional and if one provided this means it is the starting time
12:21:51 [mhausenblas]
+1
12:21:52 [raphael]
+1
12:21:55 [davy]
+1
12:22:04 [erik]
+1
12:22:13 [conrad]
+1
12:22:18 [Gui]
+1
12:22:27 [mhausenblas]
RESOLVED: for temporal MF the comma is optional and if one provided this means it is the starting time
12:22:38 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:22:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:23:30 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are effected by the temporal-optional-comma-decision
12:23:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - Revisit the TC and see which are effected by the temporal-optional-comma-decision [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-07-29].
12:24:45 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-88
12:24:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 Verify that making the comma optional brings no ambiguities in our syntax closed
12:24:49 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
12:24:49 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
12:24:53 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-69?
12:24:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-69 -- Conrad Parker to draw a representation of the general structure of a media resource, for streamable formats (H/H' + K + D1 + D2 + D3) -- due 2009-04-24 -- OPEN
12:24:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/69
12:25:17 [mhausenblas]
Chair: raphael
12:25:21 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:25:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:27:10 [mhausenblas]
conrad: people should review the proposal on the Wiki
12:27:23 [mhausenblas]
... and give feedback via mailing list
12:27:43 [mhausenblas]
raphael: in August we will continue this and reach consensus in Sep
12:27:56 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-64?
12:27:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-64 -- Michael Hausenblas to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment Resolution" -- due 2009-05-22 -- OPEN
12:27:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/64
12:27:59 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:27:59 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:28:02 [nessy]
nessy has joined #mediafrag
12:28:25 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-85
12:28:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-85 Update resolution page, TC pages with that resolution closed
12:28:37 [mhausenblas]
Topic: TEST CASES
12:28:47 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases TC
12:28:58 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-87
12:28:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-87 Add the HTTP status code for all TC closed
12:31:51 [mhausenblas]
Michael: we need to be more explicit re output (HTTP status code is fine, but more details re response header, etc.)
12:32:06 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:32:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:32:47 [mhausenblas]
Topic: ISSUES
12:33:00 [mhausenblas]
ISSUE-3?
12:33:00 [trackbot]
ISSUE-3 -- Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update MIME Type registrations? -- OPEN
12:33:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
12:34:06 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-89
12:34:09 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-89?
12:34:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 -- Yves Lafon to find out more about fragment identifier registration -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:34:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/89
12:34:20 [mhausenblas]
Yves: at next IETF meeting
12:34:45 [Zakim]
-conrad
12:35:15 [mhausenblas]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0019.html
12:36:39 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I dunno how to handle it
12:38:00 [mhausenblas]
Yves: should be in both directions, indeed
12:38:34 [mhausenblas]
raphael: can you, Yves, answer Cyril on the list?
12:38:42 [mhausenblas]
Yves: will do
12:42:50 [mhausenblas]
Topic: IMPLEMENTATION
12:42:59 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-90?
12:42:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 -- Davy Van Deursen to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:42:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/90
12:43:20 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
12:43:20 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
12:43:41 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-91?
12:43:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-91 -- Guillaume (Jean-Louis) Olivrin to look at the python gst lib -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:43:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/91
12:43:44 [mhausenblas]
both continue
12:43:50 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
12:44:51 [mhausenblas]
raphael: either real F2F in Amsterdam or ...
12:44:59 [mhausenblas]
virtual meeting
12:45:30 [mhausenblas]
... we wait till end of August
12:45:38 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
12:45:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:45:57 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
12:45:59 [Zakim]
-raphael
12:46:00 [Zakim]
-Erik
12:46:02 [mhausenblas]
zakim, list attendees
12:46:02 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +49.300.aaaa, Gui, mhausenblas, +0329331aabb, raphael, Erik, Yves-office, conrad
12:46:04 [Zakim]
-Yves-office
12:46:15 [mhausenblas]
zakim, bye
12:46:15 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +49.300.aaaa, Gui, mhausenblas, +0329331aabb, raphael, Erik, Yves-office, conrad
12:46:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
12:46:20 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
12:46:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
12:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are effected by the temporal-optional-comma-decision [1]
12:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-irc#T12-23-30