IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-07-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:59:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:59:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:59:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:59:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:59:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:59:15 [trackbot]
Date: 21 July 2009
16:00:00 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:00:07 [Zakim]
16:00:28 [Zakim]
16:00:46 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aaaa
16:00:57 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:01:03 [mphillip]
Zakim, aaaa is mphillip
16:01:03 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:01:49 [Zakim]
16:02:08 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
16:02:08 [Zakim]
16:03:20 [eric]
Derek - are you going to have a phone presence?
16:03:38 [mphillip]
16:03:57 [mphillip]
Regrets: Peter
16:04:01 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:04:14 [mphillip]
Topic: Appointment of the scribe
16:04:21 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:04:29 [eric]
Minutes from last call:
16:04:35 [mphillip]
Topic: Minutes
16:04:47 [mphillip]
No revisions
16:04:54 [Zakim]
16:04:57 [mphillip]
Topic: Review the agenda
16:05:09 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:06:41 [mphillip]
Eric: We should add an AOB item for UDDI question
16:06:44 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:06:58 [mphillip]
16:07:06 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on 32
16:07:20 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on action 92
16:07:56 [mphillip]
16:08:14 [mphillip]
Mark: Proposed changes for action 92 sent to mailing list
16:08:27 [mphillip]
Derek: No progress on 68
16:08:34 [mphillip]
close action-92
16:08:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-92 Propose the wording for the change to split 2024 into three testable assertions closed
16:08:44 [mphillip]
Eric: no progress on 93
16:08:58 [mphillip]
16:09:13 [mphillip]
Proposal for action 92 linked above
16:15:32 [mphillip]
Rework Protocol-2021
16:15:44 [mphillip]
Eric: Suggest a single assertion "The client must create the property according to these rules"
16:17:33 [mphillip]
Eric: then set out the rules "The requestURI must be derived from the supplied URI by leaving the destinationName as-is, and removing the targetService and replyToName"
16:18:52 [mphillip]
Eric: "The client SHOULD remove deliveryMode ...., MAY remove ..." etc
16:19:59 [mphillip]
Eric: Put the rules first then have an assertion which states that the conforming client MUST follow the rules
16:23:15 [mphillip]
Mark: Will have another go at the wording based on those comments
16:23:42 [mphillip]
action mark to reword the protocol-2024 proposal
16:23:42 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - mark
16:23:42 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. mhapner, mphillip)
16:24:06 [mphillip]
action mphillip to reword the protocol-2024 proposal
16:24:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-94 - to reword the protocol-2024 proposal [on Mark Phillips - due 2009-07-28].
16:24:25 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI specification:
16:24:57 [mphillip]
Eric: Have not heard from Dongbo yet
16:25:12 [mphillip]
Mark: Still waiting for IBM counsel to approve
16:25:41 [mphillip]
Eric: No word from Peter & Progress
16:26:00 [mphillip]
Eric: Once we have approval I will start to push the RFC forward again
16:26:08 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Specification changes process
16:27:22 [mphillip]
Eric: Edits are clearly needed, but we need to track them very carefully and justify them, to avoid going back to working draft state
16:27:39 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposed process is outlined in agenda
16:27:53 [mphillip]
Eric: i.e.
16:27:57 [mphillip]
Proposed process:
16:27:57 [mphillip]
* Emails submitted on mailing list - issues should be individual:
16:27:57 [mphillip]
16:27:57 [mphillip]
* Each item tracked in our tracker.
16:27:57 [mphillip]
* Issues remain "open" until we have the revised text in a copy
16:27:58 [mphillip]
of the spec, and agree to it.
16:30:26 [mphillip]
No objection to this process
16:30:55 [mphillip]
action Eric to Raise a tracking issue for each of the specification changes we have proposed
16:30:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-95 - Raise a tracking issue for each of the specification changes we have proposed [on Eric Johnson - due 2009-07-28].
16:31:40 [mphillip]
TOPIC: FAQ - action item follow-up
16:31:47 [mphillip]
Derek: No progress
16:31:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: FAQ - review of proposed questions
16:32:04 [eric]
16:32:11 [eric]
16:33:26 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposed questions sent to list (see above )
16:33:32 [mphillip]
Phil: All look like good questions
16:33:41 [mphillip]
Derek: Agreed
16:33:58 [mphillip]
Amy: OK too
16:34:59 [mphillip]
Mark: Asks for clarification on Eric's first question
16:36:33 [mphillip]
Eric: One of first statements in spec is that interoperability between JMS providers is out of scope... will reword the question
16:37:44 [mphillip]
Mark: Maybe a question about which implementations are tested
16:38:16 [mphillip]
Eric: That will be included in an exit report as part of the specification process
16:38:24 [mphillip]
thanks Yves :-)
16:38:54 [mphillip]
Eric: We'll use that question to point to the record of testers & conformant impls
16:39:28 [mphillip]
Amy: May send further questions to list
16:39:49 [mphillip]
action Amy to formulate further FAQ questions
16:39:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Amy
16:40:02 [mphillip]
action alewis to formulate further FAQ questions
16:40:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Formulate further FAQ questions [on Amelia Lewis - due 2009-07-28].
16:40:08 [mphillip]
action Derek to formulate further FAQ questions
16:40:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Formulate further FAQ questions [on Derek Rokicki - due 2009-07-28].
16:40:35 [mphillip]
action Phil to formulate further FAQ questions
16:40:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Formulate further FAQ questions [on Phil Adams - due 2009-07-28].
16:42:02 [mphillip]
action Eric to Edit the FAQ page to add a general structure to the Wiki
16:42:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Edit the FAQ page to add a general structure to the Wiki [on Eric Johnson - due 2009-07-28].
16:42:30 [mphillip]
Eric: We can all edit the Wiki to answer the questions
16:42:51 [mphillip]
Phil: Will we need any special permissions
16:43:18 [Yves]
16:43:21 [mphillip]
Yves: May need to grant appropriate access - try it first then contact Yves if access denied
16:44:03 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Implementations - any updates?
16:44:23 [mphillip]
Derek: What's the timeline
16:44:57 [mphillip]
Eric: As long as it takes - we don't get to Rec until we have two implementations. IBM has one in-flight
16:45:28 [mphillip]
Phil: IBM WebSphere has delivered an implementation which we believe to comply
16:45:54 [mphillip]
Eric: ...and CXF are working - see mailing list for link to status page
16:46:28 [mphillip]
Eric: Filed a bug against Apache Axis2 to update their SOAP/JMS implementation. Hope to do some work on it.
16:47:08 [mphillip]
Eric: TIBCO is working on an implementation - possible delivery <6 months
16:47:35 [mphillip]
16:48:04 [mphillip]
UDDI note could be an FAQ entry
16:48:35 [Zakim]
16:48:37 [Zakim]
16:48:38 [Zakim]
16:48:38 [Zakim]
16:48:40 [Zakim]
16:48:40 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:48:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Eric, alewis, +0196270aaaa, mphillip, Yves, Phil, Derek
16:52:59 [eric]
trackbot, generate minutes
16:52:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, eric, I don't understand 'trackbot, generate minutes'. Please refer to for help
16:53:44 [eric]
zakim, generate minutes
16:53:44 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'generate minutes', eric
16:54:54 [eric]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:54:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate eric
16:56:00 [mphillip]
thanks eric, was just trying to find that in my notes!
16:56:04 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
16:56:16 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:59:14 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:54:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms