IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-07-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:02:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
12:02:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc
12:02:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:02:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
12:02:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
12:02:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM already started
12:02:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
12:02:18 [trackbot]
Date: 15 July 2009
12:02:44 [Gui]
zakim, status
12:02:44 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'status', Gui
12:03:18 [Gui]
zakim, +2712841aabb is Gui
12:03:18 [Zakim]
+Gui; got it
12:03:33 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mediafrag
12:03:34 [Zakim]
+??P4
12:04:01 [davy]
Zakim, ??P4 is Davy
12:04:01 [Zakim]
+Davy; got it
12:04:06 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aacc
12:04:16 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aacc is me
12:04:16 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
12:04:25 [conrad]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
12:04:25 [Zakim]
+conrad; got it
12:05:50 [davy]
scribenick: davy
12:06:30 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:06:30 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:06:33 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
12:06:33 [Zakim]
Gui was already muted, Gui
12:08:22 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:09:05 [davy]
regrets: Jack, RaphaŽl
12:09:17 [davy]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
12:09:33 [davy]
Accept minutes on http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-mediafrag-minutes.html?
12:09:36 [mhausenblas]
+1
12:09:38 [erik]
+1
12:09:40 [Yves]
+1
12:09:43 [Gui]
+1
12:09:54 [davy]
erik: minutes accepted
12:10:07 [davy]
TOPIC: 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS
12:10:24 [davy]
erik: actions still ongoing
12:10:49 [davy]
erik: RaphaŽl promised to do A-65 today
12:11:02 [davy]
mhausenblas: can someone else do this action?
12:12:07 [davy]
erik: if RaphaŽl is overloaded, he should give this action to someone else
12:12:32 [davy]
... we will ask him next time he's around
12:12:41 [mhausenblas]
s/he should give this action to someone else/we would be happy to support him
12:12:50 [davy]
erik: other actions: waiting for feedback
12:13:02 [davy]
TOPIC: 3. SPECIFICATION
12:13:16 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, make logs public
12:13:23 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:13:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:13:37 [davy]
erik: Yves, status A-49?
12:13:51 [davy]
Yves: wait for the HTTP meeting
12:14:47 [davy]
... it should be quite easy to draft this syntax
12:15:26 [davy]
mhausenblas: anything in HTTP bis specs that affect our group?
12:16:37 [davy]
Yves: I see us as a consumer of the HTTP specs
12:17:02 [davy]
... but we need to ensure that what we use is well defined
12:18:51 [davy]
erik: explaining the edit units mail
12:19:39 [davy]
close ACTION-84
12:19:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-84 Summarize the info from Jean Pierre, and mail it to the group closed
12:20:38 [davy]
erik: regarding A-86, should we bring the comma optional?
12:21:31 [davy]
erik: we can do a vote?
12:21:33 [conrad]
optional +1
12:22:02 [davy]
mhausenblas: is anybody against?
12:22:15 [erik]
optional +1
12:23:21 [Gui]
looking back into the last acceoted minutes, we had silvia stating it as option and 3 additional votes
12:23:49 [mhausenblas]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:23:58 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:23:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:24:02 [Gui]
This was http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03
12:25:17 [davy]
Action: Yves to verify that making the comma optional brings no ambiguities in our syntax
12:25:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-88 - Verify that making the comma optional brings no ambiguities in our syntax [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-07-22].
12:26:22 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
12:26:22 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
12:26:27 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
12:26:27 [Zakim]
Gui should now be muted
12:26:38 [conrad]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_Examples
12:27:14 [mhausenblas]
s/Previous:/Previous: 2009-06-24
12:27:17 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:27:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:27:29 [davy]
erik: regarding A-63 ...
12:29:09 [davy]
conrad: explaining the examples on the wiki page
12:29:13 [davy]
erik: any comments?
12:29:50 [davy]
Yves: did you changed the examples according to my comments?
12:29:55 [davy]
conrad: yes, i did
12:30:17 [davy]
close action-63
12:30:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-63 Update the Wiki with his more general approach with precisely the same examples closed
12:30:45 [davy]
close action-80
12:30:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-80 Provide some rational and use cases for his proposal closed
12:31:22 [davy]
conrad: A-69 is still ongoing
12:31:49 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:31:49 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:32:31 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Semantics
12:32:53 [davy]
mhausenblas: A-64 is only possible after splitting the document (cfr. A-65)
12:33:23 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution
12:35:47 [davy]
mhausenblas: A-87 is ongoing
12:36:58 [davy]
TOPIC: 5. ISSUES
12:37:14 [davy]
close action-76
12:37:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-76 Contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding the registry of their scheme closed
12:38:04 [davy]
erik: not clear yet if MPEG fragment identifiers are registered
12:39:34 [mhausenblas]
I'm looking at http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4288
12:40:16 [davy]
section 4.11
12:41:19 [mhausenblas]
Michael: really two issues here
12:41:43 [davy]
action: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier registration
12:41:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-89 - Find out more about fragment identifier registration [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-07-22].
12:41:52 [mhausenblas]
Michael: one is re the SHOULD re frags in sec 4.11 of RFC4288
12:42:20 [davy]
erik: status on a-62?
12:42:31 [davy]
Yves: sent a mail to TAG, but no feedback yet
12:42:50 [mhausenblas]
Michael: other is re registered image/*, video/* and audio/* - to me the answer here is: no, MPEG21 only has registered application/mp21 and hence we there is no clash
12:43:18 [davy]
mhausenblas: A-82 is still ongoing
12:44:24 [davy]
... this depends on reviewing and discussing the test cases
12:45:35 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
12:45:35 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
12:45:43 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
12:45:43 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
12:46:02 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:46:02 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:46:24 [davy]
erik: resolutions for i-4 and i-10?
12:46:40 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
12:46:40 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
12:48:05 [davy]
erik: no resolution yet on i-4, to be discussed further
12:48:40 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
12:48:40 [Zakim]
Gui should now be muted
12:48:41 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
12:48:41 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
12:48:44 [mhausenblas]
Michael: re issue 10 the answer is easy
12:48:45 [mhausenblas]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009May/0038.html
12:49:15 [Gui]
We may need an action to resolve ISSUE-4.
12:49:45 [Gui]
We should find what action ( or maybe a vote) is required at any next teleconf when Silvia is present
12:49:46 [davy]
TOPIC: 6. IMPLEMENTATION
12:49:51 [davy]
erik: status?
12:50:09 [davy]
... first work further on syntax and test cases?
12:50:31 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:50:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:50:50 [Gui]
Yves has looked at libraries in Java
12:51:05 [Gui]
Jack ( I think ) has looked at libraries in Python
12:51:07 [davy]
Yves: looking for media slicing tools is part of the work, but do not depend on the syntax
12:51:17 [davy]
... so we can start working on this kind of things
12:51:53 [davy]
... not found a suitable non-transcoding media slicing tool
12:52:02 [Gui]
Yves asks for help for implementation : how to slice the media without transcoding
12:52:04 [davy]
Zakim, unmute me
12:52:05 [Zakim]
Davy should no longer be muted
12:53:05 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
12:53:10 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0014.html
12:53:17 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: davy
12:53:30 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:53:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:53:51 [davy]
action: davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files
12:53:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-90 - Provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2009-07-22].
12:54:06 [Gui]
Zakim, unmute me
12:54:06 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
12:54:24 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
12:54:50 [mhausenblas]
Chair: erik
12:54:59 [mhausenblas]
Previous: 2009-06-24 http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:55:06 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: davy
12:55:14 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:55:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:56:36 [davy]
action: Gui to look at the python gst lib
12:56:36 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Gui
12:56:41 [Gui]
python-gst (gstreamer)
12:57:15 [davy]
erik: aob?
12:58:00 [davy]
Gui: do we need an action about writing papers
12:58:11 [Gui]
Should an action be created on co-authoring and publishing papers in order to remind/coordinate the efforts?
12:58:21 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
12:58:21 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
12:59:55 [davy]
action: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib
12:59:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-91 - Look at the python gst lib [on Guillaume (Jean-Louis) Olivrin - due 2009-07-22].
13:00:06 [Gui]
thanks
13:00:11 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:00:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:00:53 [mhausenblas]
drop action 4
13:00:54 [davy]
action: RaphaŽl & Erik to coordinate the writing of papers
13:00:54 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - RaphaŽl
13:01:02 [davy]
action: Raphael & Erik to coordinate the writing of papers
13:01:02 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
13:01:17 [davy]
action: Erik & RaphaŽl to coordinate the writing of papers
13:01:17 [trackbot]
Could not create new action - action title not proper UTF-8
13:01:27 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
13:01:29 [Zakim]
-Gui
13:01:29 [Zakim]
-Yves
13:01:31 [Zakim]
- +0329331aaaa
13:01:35 [Zakim]
-Davy
13:01:38 [Zakim]
-conrad
13:01:41 [davy]
action: Erik & Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
13:01:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-92 - & Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers [on Erik Mannens - due 2009-07-22].
13:01:42 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has ended
13:01:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0329331aaaa, Gui, Davy, +3539149aacc, mhausenblas, conrad, Yves
13:02:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, bye
13:02:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
13:02:37 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, bye
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to verify that making the comma optional brings no ambiguities in our syntax [1]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-25-17
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier registration [2]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-41-43
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files [3]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-53-51
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gui to look at the python gst lib [4]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-56-36
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib [5]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-59-55
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: RaphaŽl & Erik to coordinate the writing of papers [6]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T13-00-54
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael & Erik to coordinate the writing of papers [7]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T13-01-02
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik & RaphaŽl to coordinate the writing of papers [8]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T13-01-17
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik & Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers [9]
13:02:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-irc#T13-01-41