IRC log of html-wg on 2009-07-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:00:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/09-html-wg-irc
16:01:50 [rubys1]
trackbot, start meeting
16:01:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:02:01 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be HTML
16:02:02 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:02:02 [trackbot]
Date: 09 July 2009
16:02:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:02:06 [Lachy]
Zakim, passcode?
16:02:12 [Zakim]
sorry, Lachy, I don't know what conference this is
16:02:16 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be HTML
16:02:18 [Zakim]
ok, DanC, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:02:20 [Lachy]
Zakim, passcode?
16:02:24 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), Lachy
16:02:28 [Zakim]
+DanC
16:02:32 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
16:02:40 [masinter]
zakim, who's on the phone
16:02:47 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:02:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's on the phone', masinter
16:03:02 [Zakim]
+ +49.251.280.aaaa
16:03:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, ??P5, Matt_May, Masinter, Murray_Maloney, DanC, +49.251.280.aaaa
16:03:13 [Lachy]
Zakim, I am 49.251.280.aaaa
16:03:16 [Julian]
Zakim, +49.251.280.aaaa is me
16:03:18 [Zakim]
+??P30
16:03:28 [Zakim]
sorry, Lachy, I do not see a party named '49.251.280.aaaa'
16:03:34 [Zakim]
+Julian; got it
16:03:37 [DanC]
Zakim, aaaa is Lachy
16:03:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.340.aabb
16:03:46 [Zakim]
sorry, DanC, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
16:03:48 [johndrinkwater]
I guess I might be ??P5- no mic though..
16:04:03 [DanC]
Topic: Convene, take roll, review agenda
16:04:17 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-32 (table-summary)
16:04:21 [Lachy]
Zakim, I am ??P30
16:04:25 [Zakim]
+Lachy; got it
16:04:29 [masinter]
i suggest calling this a "straw poll" rather than a "vote"?
16:04:29 [DanC]
regrets+ Joshue
16:05:08 [DanC]
LMM: i suggest calling this a "straw poll" rather than a "vote"
16:05:40 [Zakim]
+??P36
16:05:47 [DanC]
DanC: that would make it non-binding
16:06:01 [DanC]
LMM: yes, but it would predict the results of a binding vote pretty well
16:06:01 [Stevef]
zakim,??P30 is Stevef
16:06:01 [Zakim]
I already had ??P30 as Lachy, Stevef
16:06:10 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-wg
16:06:13 [MikeSmith]
MikeSmith has joined #html-wg
16:06:31 [Stevef]
zakim, ??P36 is Stevef
16:06:31 [Zakim]
+Stevef; got it
16:06:48 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike-Mobile
16:06:48 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:06:50 [Laura]
+Laura
16:06:50 [Zakim]
+Mike
16:06:55 [DanC]
DanC: there's a possibility that a vote will be avoided consensus?
16:07:16 [DanC]
LMM: but a straw poll would help in any case; it eliminates possibilities that noone supports
16:07:31 [Lachy]
I would prefer a straw poll
16:07:42 [DanC]
MM: I have my doubts [about a straw poll]
16:07:50 [DanC]
Laura: we could do a straw poll and then a vote
16:08:02 [masinter]
wouldn't need to review "good standing" of wg members who haven't been active
16:08:33 [DanC]
DanC: I think a straw poll is a good idea
16:09:31 [MikeSmith]
action-59 due 2009-07-03
16:09:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-59 Track progress on edits related to issue-38 style-attr-syntax in section html5/#style0 due date now 2009-07-03
16:09:32 [DanC]
MM: on research... I'm in contact with Jutta Trev. [sp?] at [u. toronto?]; perhaps next week I can give more info on usability studies
16:09:41 [MikeSmith]
oops
16:09:53 [MikeSmith]
issue-59?
16:09:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-59 -- Should the HTML WG produce a separate document that is a normative language reference and if so what are the requirements -- OPEN
16:09:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/59
16:09:54 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-59 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:09:56 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference)
16:10:18 [DanC]
action-109?
16:10:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-109 -- Michael(tm) Smith to hand out work to reviewers of H:TML -- due 2009-06-25 -- OPEN
16:10:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/109
16:10:20 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:10:33 [MikeSmith]
action-109 due 2009-07-23
16:10:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-109 hand out work to reviewers of H:TML due date now 2009-07-23
16:10:44 [masinter]
question about whether document compliance ("authoring requirements") might be better handled here
16:10:48 [MikeSmith]
action-110 due 2009-07-23
16:10:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-110 Add note to H:TML draft about what's currently missing and planned to be added due date now 2009-07-23
16:11:13 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #html-wg
16:11:31 [DanC]
LMM: there was a bugzilla bug and such about authoring requirements...
16:11:32 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:12:32 [DanC]
... whether they belong in the same spec with how-to-build-a-browser...
16:12:39 [DanC]
... so that's something to consider
16:12:50 [DanC]
Mike: not much news on my action; moved them back a couple weeks.
16:13:06 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-60 (html5-xhtml-namespace)
16:13:27 [rubys1]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:13:33 [DanC]
Sam: I suggest that the recent announcement about the XHTML 2 WG addresses my action
16:13:38 [Zakim]
rubys1, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sam (19%), Murray_Maloney (19%)
16:13:50 [DanC]
close ACTION-105
16:13:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 Should arrange a meeting between chairs of HTML WG and XHTML2 WG to ensure there is a plan for coordination of vocabularies to avoid incompatibilities. closed
16:14:03 [Lachy]
yes, close this issue
16:14:34 [DanC]
LMM: there may be some follow-up
16:14:55 [Lachy]
XHTML 2.0 will end life as a WG NOTE
16:15:04 [DanC]
MM: does this announcement mean XHTLM 2.0 won't be produced?
16:15:09 [DanC]
Sam: I expect it'll become a Note
16:15:46 [Julian]
q+
16:16:08 [DanC]
ack Julian
16:16:09 [MikeSmith]
ack Julian
16:16:25 [DanC]
Julian: if XHTML 2 is published as a Note, which namespace woudl it use?
16:16:40 [DanC]
Lachy: It won't matter, as a Note isn't something people are likely to deploy/implement
16:17:54 [DanC]
MM: I'm a little confused... HTML 5 uses which namespace?
16:19:03 [DanC]
MM: does W3C have namespace policies?
16:19:07 [Lachy]
I suppose someone could take an ISSUE to contact the XHTML-WG and ask that their work be published as a NOTE using the previously used 2002/02/xhtml2 (I think) namespace from older working drafts
16:19:08 [DanC]
DanC: yes
16:19:20 [Lachy]
s/an ISSUE/an ACTION/
16:19:31 [DanC]
MM: is there a missing policy?
16:20:54 [DanC]
DanC: I don't think so; I think what we need re this issue is done; there were 2 WGs specifying the /1999/xhtml namespace and now there's one
16:21:22 [masinter]
Murray is still concerned about the continuity of the xhtml namespace
16:21:42 [masinter]
I will take an action item in 2 weeks to insure that the versioning discussion at least touches on this
16:21:43 [masinter]
OK?
16:22:09 [DanC]
ACTION: Larry insure that the versioning discussion at least touches on XHTML 2 interactions with the /1999/xhtml namespace
16:22:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-129 - insure that the versioning discussion at least touches on XHTML 2 interactions with the /1999/xhtml namespace [on Larry Masinter - due 2009-07-16].
16:22:19 [DanC]
action-129 due 23 July
16:22:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-129 insure that the versioning discussion at least touches on XHTML 2 interactions with the /1999/xhtml namespace due date now 23 July
16:22:20 [masinter]
i think there needs to be another action to review any "Note" that comes out about XHTML2 to make sure that it doesn't contain text redefining 1999/xhtml incompatibily
16:23:01 [Lachy]
Murray, XHTML5 retains compatibility with existing XHTML 1.0 namespaced documents.
16:23:02 [masinter]
this 'issue' was an administrative one, there's likely a technical one too
16:23:36 [DanC]
MM: I'm concerned that if HTML 5 use the /1999/xhtml namespace it'll upset compatibility expectations
16:24:14 [DanC]
Sam: if HTML 5 used a different namespace it would break existing content on the web
16:24:41 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope)
16:24:44 [MikeSmith]
action-96?
16:24:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 -- Henri Sivonen to to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec -- due 2009-07-08 -- OPEN
16:24:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96
16:24:45 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:24:55 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)
16:25:38 [DanC]
LMM: the TAG discussed this in a recent ftf... [see www-tag for minutes]... I expect the document discussed will be revised w.r.t. that discussion...
16:26:23 [DanC]
... my hope was to relate some well-understood principles to the doctype/versioning issue... I'm optimistic
16:27:00 [DanC]
ACTION-108 due 23 July
16:27:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-108 Report back on the TAG's work on versioning wrt HTML due date now 23 July
16:27:35 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)
16:27:50 [DanC]
Cynthia: we put out a WD 8 Jun
16:27:51 [DanC]
q+
16:28:10 [DanC]
... things are on track...
16:28:23 [DanC]
... I have a TF participant from Opera; still hoping for particpation from Apple
16:28:31 [DanC]
acton-114 due 1 Aug
16:29:03 [DanC]
Cynthia: the draft is "aria implementation guide"
16:29:54 [masinter]
(re versioning, TAG discussed it at its F2F meeting, http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-agenda.html, based on document http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html ). Minutes forthcoming, but update to document based on discussion should be out in 2 weeks
16:29:55 [pimpbot]
Title: About http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-agenda.html (at www.w3.org)
16:30:13 [DanC]
DanC: does the draft have examples, sorta seeds of test cases?
16:30:20 [DanC]
Cynthia: perhaps... it does have some examples
16:30:45 [DanC]
ack danc
16:31:09 [DanC]
Topic: TPAC 2009 admin
16:31:48 [DanC]
Mike: I did it... interested to know if the chairs are OK with it
16:31:54 [DanC]
Sam: OK by me; go ahead
16:32:00 [DanC]
[pointer?]
16:32:11 [laplink]
laplink has joined #html-wg
16:32:16 [DanC]
action-115?
16:32:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-115 -- Michael(tm) Smith to set up WBS for HTML WG participants to attend HTML WG f2f during TPAC 2009 -- due 2009-05-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:32:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/115
16:32:17 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-115 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:32:18 [MikeSmith]
action-115?
16:32:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-115 -- Michael(tm) Smith to set up WBS for HTML WG participants to attend HTML WG f2f during TPAC 2009 -- due 2009-05-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:32:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/115
16:32:34 [DanC]
draft seems to be http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/2009-11-f2f/
16:32:35 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
16:32:58 [MikeSmith]
DanC, yep
16:33:22 [DanC]
action-123 due 23 July
16:33:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-123 Discuss choice of embedding vcard microdata instead of referencing IETF spec and defining conformance reqs for HTML5 due date now 23 July
16:34:11 [DanC]
Topic: URI/URL issue @@
16:34:15 [masinter]
action-125?
16:34:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-125 -- Julian Reschke to coordinate with LMM and DanC to get an Internet Draft that addresses some HTML 5 href issues -- due 2009-07-02 -- OPEN
16:34:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/125
16:34:17 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-125 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:34:44 [DanC]
Julian: we're organizing a BOF at the next IETF, and Larry is working on updating the IRI spec
16:35:40 [DanC]
Larry: I started from the IRI spec, thinking this is a new protocol element, separate from IRIs and and LEIRIs, but I think this [?] is a change to the mapping from IRI to URI...
16:36:09 [DanC]
... but I think the mapping needs another parameter, i.e. the encoding of the document character set, which defaults to utf-8...
16:36:30 [DanC]
... also, space handling should be tweaked...
16:36:55 [Julian]
q+
16:37:28 [Julian]
q-
16:37:39 [DanC]
(yup, sounds right to me)
16:38:01 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:38:09 [DanC]
Larry: that's the design I have in mind ... I haven't gotten around to soliciting review by email
16:38:50 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:39:33 [DanC]
Julian: hmm... that's not the case in Atom documents... have to be careful about that default
16:39:38 [DanC]
Larry: ah; right... yes.
16:40:08 [Julian]
(need to be careful about to which document formats the new encoding consderations apply - HTML5 would, Atom not (?))
16:40:20 [DanC]
ACTION-125 due 1 Aug
16:40:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-125 Coordinate with LMM and DanC to get an Internet Draft that addresses some HTML 5 href issues due date now 1 Aug
16:41:12 [DanC]
Topic: Overdue actions
16:41:25 [DanC]
ACTION-38 due 30 July
16:41:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-38 Chairs to review need for amending charter with Director due date now 30 July
16:41:32 [DanC]
Sam that was pending on the XHTML 2 stuff.
16:42:31 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-7 video-codecs
16:44:04 [masinter]
DanC: two minds, like image -- don't need to spec it, other hand, might be important
16:44:17 [masinter]
q+
16:45:21 [DanC]
LMM: I think the factors affecting the choice of codec are largely outside the control of this WG: perceptions about licensing, quality, etc. ...
16:45:45 [DanC]
... I'm more concerned with the perception that some decision got made when it didn't
16:46:07 [DanC]
... my suggestion is: the issue is still open...
16:47:53 [DanC]
LMM: one idea is a note on the small number of choices and why we haven't chosen
16:48:40 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
16:49:16 [DanC]
LMM: is it possible to move the <video> tag to a separate document, with its own schedule?
16:49:43 [DanC]
Sam: I'm interested in volunteers
16:50:17 [DanC]
DanC: video is feature #1 in community discussion of HTML 5; separating its schedule would be a challenge
16:50:41 [DanC]
Sam: I'm calling for volunteers to take an active position on this issue; Ian has stated his.
16:51:18 [DanC]
Sam: I note Rob Sayer's start
16:51:38 [DanC]
ACTION: Sam review status of video codec positions
16:51:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-130 - Review status of video codec positions [on Sam Ruby - due 2009-07-16].
16:51:46 [DanC]
action-130 due 30 July
16:51:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-130 Review status of video codec positions due date now 30 July
16:51:59 [Julian]
q+
16:52:03 [masinter]
q-
16:52:04 [DanC]
Cynthia: a deadline helps some people
16:52:12 [DanC]
ack next
16:52:57 [DanC]
Julian: the diff between April and the current draft is that he took out the "it would be nice..." [requirements] text. The actual text to remove the Theora codec was a year ago or so.
16:53:12 [Stevef]
q+
16:54:08 [rubys1]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:54:13 [DanC]
Julian: I'm not sure why the statement of desired codec was removed
16:54:16 [Julian]
the text that was removed recently is: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-html5-20090423/video.html#video-and-audio-codecs-for-video-elements
16:54:17 [pimpbot]
Title: HTML 5 (at www.w3.org)
16:54:19 [Zakim]
rubys1, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Masinter (41%), +1.218.340.aabb (5%)
16:54:22 [shepazu]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:54:27 [Julian]
Zakim, who's making noise
16:54:27 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's making noise', Julian
16:54:29 [DanC]
Zakim, mute aabb
16:54:29 [Zakim]
+1.218.340.aabb should now be muted
16:54:33 [Zakim]
shepazu, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sam (15%), Cynthia_Shelly (25%), Masinter (9%), Julian (14%), Stevef (52%)
16:54:39 [DanC]
Zakim, unmute aabb
16:54:39 [Zakim]
+1.218.340.aabb should no longer be muted
16:55:17 [aroben_]
aroben_ has joined #html-wg
16:56:28 [Julian]
Rob's mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0267.html
16:56:29 [pimpbot]
Title: proposed audio/video codec text from Rob Sayre on 2009-07-07 (public-html@w3.org from July 2009) (at lists.w3.org)
16:56:41 [DanC]
Doug: didn't Rob S. already take a position?
16:56:45 [masinter]
q+
16:56:53 [DanC]
Sam: I read it as a "what if...?" sort of thing but I'll check
16:56:57 [DanC]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:57:06 [DanC]
ack next
16:57:10 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sam (6%), Cynthia_Shelly (23%), Stevef (66%)
16:57:58 [DanC]
SteveF: I'd like canvas accessibility to be a tracker action
16:58:02 [DanC]
(er... issue)
16:58:14 [Laura]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementCanvas
16:58:17 [pimpbot]
Title: HTML/AddedElementCanvas - ESW Wiki (at esw.w3.org)
16:58:26 [DanC]
issue: canvas accessibility
16:58:27 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-74 - Canvas accessibility ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74/edit .
16:58:41 [DanC]
issue-74: see also http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementCanvas
16:58:41 [trackbot]
ISSUE-74 Canvas accessibility notes added
16:58:44 [pimpbot]
Title: HTML/AddedElementCanvas - ESW Wiki (at esw.w3.org)
16:58:55 [DanC]
ACTION: Stevef report on canvas accessibility
16:58:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Stevef
16:59:19 [rubys1]
ack stevef
16:59:32 [DanC]
ack next
16:59:39 [masinter]
q-
16:59:43 [DanC]
ack next
16:59:48 [pimpbot]
planet: Which browser has the best support for HTML 5 currently? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/150577/which-browser-has-the-best-support-for-html-5-currently>
17:00:12 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-31 (missing-alt)
17:00:24 [DanC]
issue-31?
17:00:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-31 -- What to do when a reasonable text equivalent is unknown/unavailable? -- OPEN
17:00:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31
17:00:25 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-31 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
17:00:32 [DanC]
Cynthia: what happened to the change request?
17:00:39 [DanC]
[anybody got a pointer to the change request?]
17:01:33 [Zakim]
-??P5
17:01:52 [Laura]
WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5
17:01:59 [Laura]
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5
17:02:00 [pimpbot]
Title: WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 (at www.w3.org)
17:02:35 [Lachy]
Is this the WAI CG mail being discussed? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Jun/0070.html
17:02:37 [pimpbot]
Title: WAI-CG Consensus Recommendations on Alternative Text in HTML 5 from Janina Sajka on 2009-06-11 (www-archive@w3.org from June 2009) (at lists.w3.org)
17:02:48 [DanC]
Cynthia: what's the process for getting traction on this?
17:02:51 [Lachy]
--> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Jun/att-0070/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5.html
17:02:52 [pimpbot]
Title: WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 (at lists.w3.org)
17:03:05 [DanC]
Sam: I'll try to clarify by email...
17:04:19 [DanC]
... I'm working with people getting CVS access, helping them produce documents...
17:04:42 [Lachy]
It appears that that WAI CG text alternatives document was never sent to the HTML WG, only to www-archive and wai-xtech
17:04:43 [DanC]
Cynthia: the document WAI produced is more of a requirements list
17:04:56 [DanC]
SteveF: I'm interested to write the design part
17:05:01 [Lachy]
... so I'm not surprised the HTMLWG haven't done anything with it
17:05:12 [DanC]
good point, Lachy
17:05:38 [DanC]
action: steve draft ALT spec
17:05:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-131 - Draft ALT spec [on Steve Faulkner - due 2009-07-16].
17:06:04 [DanC]
action-131 due 7 Sep
17:06:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-131 Draft ALT spec due date now 7 Sep
17:06:07 [Laura]
I'll help with it Steve.
17:06:35 [Zakim]
-Lachy
17:06:37 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
17:06:38 [Zakim]
-Julian
17:06:39 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
17:06:41 [Zakim]
-Sam
17:06:41 [Zakim]
-Matt_May
17:06:42 [Zakim]
-Masinter
17:06:50 [DanC]
ACTION: Stevef report on canvas accessibility
17:06:50 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Stevef
17:06:54 [DanC]
ACTION: Steve report on canvas accessibility
17:06:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-132 - Report on canvas accessibility [on Steve Faulkner - due 2009-07-16].
17:06:55 [Zakim]
-Mike
17:06:55 [Stevef]
lachy: it was forwarded to the html wg list by shelley powers (i think)
17:06:57 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
17:07:03 [DanC]
action-132 due 23 July
17:07:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-132 Report on canvas accessibility due date now 23 July
17:07:41 [Laura]
Zakim, aabb is Laura
17:07:41 [Zakim]
+Laura; got it
17:08:00 [Laura]
bye
17:08:03 [Zakim]
-Laura
17:08:10 [Zakim]
-DanC
17:08:17 [Lachy]
Stevef, ok. I must have missed it. But for future reference, please make sure the WAI CG actually sends feedback to public-html if they intend us to do something abou tit
17:09:01 [Stevef]
forwarded 11th june http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0391.html
17:09:02 [pimpbot]
Title: forwarding: WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 from Shelley Powers on 2009-06-11 (public-html@w3.org from June 2009) (at lists.w3.org)
17:09:57 [Stevef]
lachy: janina missed putting the html wg on the list, i am sure she meant to as it was directed to the HTML WG
17:10:45 [Zakim]
-Stevef
17:10:47 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
17:10:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were Sam, Matt_May, Masinter, DanC, Murray_Maloney, Julian, +1.218.340.aabb, Lachy, Stevef, Mike, Cynthia_Shelly, Shepazu, Laura
17:13:28 [MikeSmith]
jobs
17:13:30 [DanC]
sam, I wonder if your summary actions should be closed; they seem a little misleading
17:14:47 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
17:15:22 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:15:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/09-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
17:15:40 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
17:15:53 [DanC]
chair: Sam
17:20:00 [DanC]
action-114 due 1 Aug
17:20:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-114 Report progress on ARIA TF due date now 1 Aug
17:36:26 [webben]
webben has joined #html-wg
18:00:07 [pimpbot]
planet: What's the proper way to add Facebook Connect and their xmlns to (X)HTML5? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1105257/whats-the-proper-way-to-add-facebook-connect-and-their-xmlns-to-xhtml5>
18:06:16 [felix]
felix has joined #html-wg
18:39:59 [gsnedders]
gsnedders has joined #html-wg
18:42:16 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
18:52:42 [felix]
felix has joined #html-wg
18:59:22 [Jace_Vora]
Jace_Vora has joined #html-wg
19:00:22 [pimpbot]
planet: HTML 5 - Early Adoption Where Possible - Good or Bad? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1016515/html-5-early-adoption-where-possible-good-or-bad>
19:02:55 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
19:05:34 [MikeSmith]
MikeSmith has joined #html-wg
19:06:26 [MikeSmith]
hsivonen: you there?
19:15:52 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
19:16:39 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
19:16:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/09-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
19:16:41 [pimpbot]
Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 09 Jul 2009 (at www.w3.org)
19:16:59 [DanC]
RRSAgent, start
19:17:01 [DanC]
chair: Sam
19:17:05 [DanC]
RRSAgent, stop