IRC log of mw4d on 2009-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:49:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mw4d
11:49:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/06-mw4d-irc
11:49:57 [steph]
zakim, this will be mw4d
11:49:57 [Zakim]
ok, steph; I see UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
11:50:02 [steph]
zakim, code ?
11:50:02 [Zakim]
the conference code is 6493 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), steph
11:51:30 [Zakim]
UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM has now started
11:51:38 [Zakim]
+ +58160aaaa
11:52:25 [steph]
zakim aaaa is me
11:52:28 [steph]
zakim, aaaa is me
11:52:28 [Zakim]
+steph; got it
11:52:40 [steph]
MEETING: MW4D IG bi-monthly conference
11:53:25 [steph]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mw4d/2009Jul/0004.html
11:53:29 [steph]
Present: stephane
11:53:33 [steph]
Chair:Stephane
11:53:37 [steph]
Scribe:Stephane
12:01:27 [Zakim]
+??P1
12:02:02 [steph]
zakim, ??p1 is ken
12:02:02 [Zakim]
+ken; got it
12:02:08 [steph]
Present+Ken
12:03:17 [betty]
betty has joined #mw4d
12:05:37 [Raphael]
Raphael has joined #mw4d
12:05:40 [Zakim]
+betty
12:05:57 [steph]
Present+Betty
12:06:15 [kiwanja]
kiwanja has joined #mw4d
12:06:47 [Zakim]
+raphael
12:06:58 [steph]
Present+Raphael
12:12:20 [Zakim]
+Lauri
12:12:29 [steph]
Present+Lauri
12:12:43 [steph]
Topic:approval of last meeting minutes
12:12:48 [Raphael]
+1
12:12:49 [steph]
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/29-mw4d-minutes.html
12:12:59 [steph]
approved
12:13:13 [steph]
Topic: review of action items
12:13:23 [steph]
Lauri to review tools msection of the wiki and complete it with
12:13:23 [steph]
.mobi tools
12:13:43 [steph]
Done
12:14:13 [steph]
Lauri to send a mail about Web-server in the mobile phone.
12:14:18 [steph]
Done
12:16:07 [steph]
Ken to link with people at georgia tech and present what we are
12:16:07 [steph]
doing and see if they are interested to join
12:17:58 [steph]
[ongoing - ken trying Mike Best now]
12:18:12 [steph]
Raphael to develop the concept of context/scorecardand propose
12:18:12 [steph]
a visual representation of the recommandation
12:18:21 [Raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/roadmapv2-discussion
12:20:32 [Lauri]
Lauri has joined #mw4d
12:21:11 [Lauri]
OK, managed to inter IRC using my mobile phone
12:22:35 [Lauri]
sorry, inter --> enter
12:28:13 [kiwanja]
Posts relating to mobile apps development/ideas are http://www.kiwanja.net/blog/2008/11/mobile-applications-development-observations/ and http://www.kiwanja.net/blog/2009/06/building-for-mobile-at-the-margins/ [video]
12:30:59 [steph]
steph to add handset in 6.1 section
12:31:12 [steph]
Action: steph to add handset in 6.1 section
12:32:16 [Raphael]
I had one of these internet tablets!
12:32:29 [betty]
[Challenges] Shall we match Challenges in Roadmap section 6 with Maputo Report Challenges Section?
12:32:42 [steph]
betty, good point
12:33:55 [steph]
ACTION: betty to look into maputo workshop report and see the matching with existing challenges in the roadmap
12:34:14 [steph]
Stephane to use color to show the state of actions
12:34:22 [steph]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/roadmapv2-discussion
12:34:52 [steph]
action: stephane to add the meaning of colors in the discussion page
12:35:54 [steph]
Steph to write accessiblity aspect in the scope of the doc section
12:35:54 [steph]
Stephane to summarize discussion around technology in the
12:35:54 [steph]
discussion page
12:36:53 [steph]
Topic: Roodmap discussion
12:37:11 [steph]
s/Roodmap/Roadmap/
12:37:58 [Zakim]
-Lauri
12:38:10 [Raphael]
bye Lauri
12:38:27 [steph]
steph: i will fevelop some of the sections in the next 2 weeks
12:38:32 [steph]
s/feve/deve/
12:39:20 [steph]
steph: issue 8 a section/entry around using mobile phones as an authoring and delivery platform
12:39:55 [Raphael]
Is this not adding too much content to the roadmap?
12:40:21 [Raphael]
How many hands are actually working on this roadmap?
12:45:37 [steph]
ken: issue 8: something we should mention it
12:45:47 [steph]
or will be seen as a gap
12:45:56 [steph]
but potential, growing area
12:46:46 [kiwanja]
kiwanja has joined #mw4d
12:46:59 [Raphael]
as long as we don't go into too much details, I also think we can keep it in
12:47:19 [Raphael]
we can also have an annex which includes the sections we may add later.
12:47:26 [steph]
ken: we need to show that we are aware
12:47:29 [steph]
of that
12:47:57 [Raphael]
q+
12:48:04 [steph]
important to keep people engaged
12:48:30 [steph]
raphael: if it is a live document, we can put that in
12:48:50 [steph]
raphael: when next version for isntance ?
12:49:32 [betty]
I agree with Ken. Let's launch the first version with short discussion on issue 8. And it will grow with comments from the readers.
12:49:46 [Raphael]
ok
12:50:47 [Raphael]
group chartered til end of Sept.
12:51:18 [Raphael]
Ken: up to us where we want to go next
12:51:21 [Raphael]
Sorry
12:51:23 [Raphael]
Steph
12:51:47 [Raphael]
Steph: we can define the future of this group
12:53:21 [Raphael]
Ken, check the mindmap I started!
12:53:34 [Raphael]
it's a mapping seed
12:53:38 [Raphael]
m4d
12:53:44 [steph]
ken: do a landscape analysis
12:54:03 [steph]
important to see who do what
12:54:11 [steph]
important not to redo thinks
12:54:24 [steph]
ken: important is to develop tool
12:54:26 [Raphael]
q+
12:55:06 [steph]
ken: some of stuff will stay statics. guidelines is essential
12:55:18 [steph]
a platform to discuss that
12:55:30 [steph]
frontlinesms is active, but around one tools only
12:55:31 [Raphael]
OMC?
12:55:52 [steph]
ken: not sure about them
12:56:00 [steph]
ack raphael
12:56:12 [steph]
raphael: is called mobile web
12:56:35 [steph]
raphael: it makes sense to continue the group
12:57:02 [steph]
mobile browsers are growing
12:57:13 [steph]
making sense that the w3c continue this discussion
12:57:58 [steph]
http://www.webfoundation.org/2009/05/voice-xml-and-voice-for-development.html
12:58:43 [Raphael]
q+
12:58:59 [steph]
ack raphael
13:00:14 [betty]
Stephane will write section 1-5.
13:01:34 [betty]
I'll try to add/refine Challenges.
13:02:13 [betty]
I may be unvailable.
13:03:04 [betty]
I'll be away from 19-30 July.
13:03:28 [Raphael]
me too
13:03:29 [betty]
August 3 sounds OK.
13:03:32 [Raphael]
ok
13:03:40 [steph]
REsolution: cancel july 20 meeting
13:03:45 [steph]
next meeting August 3
13:03:55 [Raphael]
thanks
13:04:07 [betty]
bye
13:04:08 [Zakim]
-ken
13:04:10 [Zakim]
-raphael
13:04:12 [Zakim]
-betty
13:04:20 [Zakim]
-steph
13:04:21 [Zakim]
UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM has ended
13:04:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were +58160aaaa, steph, ken, betty, raphael, Lauri
13:04:43 [steph]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:04:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/06-mw4d-minutes.html steph
14:18:30 [steph]
rrsagent, make log public
14:18:33 [steph]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:18:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/06-mw4d-minutes.html steph
15:31:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mw4d
15:44:00 [steph]
steph has joined #mw4d