IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-06-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:27:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:27:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wai-wcag-irc
19:27:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:27:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:27:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:27:52 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 27 minutes ago
19:27:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:27:53 [trackbot]
Date: 25 June 2009
19:27:55 [MichaelC]
regrets+ James_Nurthen
19:59:44 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:51 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:00:13 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:29 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:00:47 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:00:49 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:50 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:47 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:02:06 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:18 [Christophe]
zakim, agenda?
20:02:18 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
20:02:19 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:02:33 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009AprJun/0064.html
20:02:36 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:02:38 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:38 [Ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Ben_Caldwell
20:02:38 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:02:40 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:02:58 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:03:04 [Christophe]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:13 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:03:19 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Miscellaneous Issues for 25 June 2009
20:03:29 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:33 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:04:03 [Christophe]
Regrets: James_Nurthen
20:04:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aaaa
20:04:23 [Christophe]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:04:27 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:04:27 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:06:19 [Ben]
zakim, Ben has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:06:19 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:08:50 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:10:05 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:10:28 [Ben]
scribe: Ben
20:11:32 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:11:36 [Ben]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:11:40 [Ben]
agenda?
20:11:47 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:11:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Miscellaneous Issues for 25 June 2009" taken up [from Christophe]
20:11:58 [Ben]
Topic: WCAG Face to Face at TPAC 2009?
20:12:14 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:12:35 [Loretta]
ack c
20:14:12 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:14:20 [Ben]
no resolution, will take comments into consideration
20:14:47 [Ben]
Topic: Procedure for creating and updating WCAG 2.0 sufficient and advisory techniques
20:15:08 [Ben]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Procedure_for_creating_and_updating_WCAG_2.0_sufficient_and_advisory_techniques
20:15:32 [Ben]
oops, here's the right one - http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2009/05/external-techniques.html
20:20:20 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:23:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.536.aabb
20:24:31 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:44 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:26:24 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:33:08 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:34:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:36:34 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:45:34 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:46:10 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept Procedure for creating and updating WCAG 2.0 sufficient and advisory techniques as amended.
20:46:23 [Ben_]
Ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:47:43 [Ben]
Topic: Which font to use to determine Large Size for Contrast
20:49:04 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:56:15 [Loretta]
Currently, Times New Roman is the smallest font that we are aware of that has widespread use on the web.
20:57:15 [Loretta]
^we are^the Working Group is^
20:59:10 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:00:00 [Loretta]
Currently, Times New Roman is the smallest font physically that the Working Group is aware of that has widespread use on the web. It could be used to determine the size of 14 or 18 point text.
21:00:50 [Loretta]
... text in images.
21:01:06 [Loretta]
.. text when the font size is not known.
21:04:10 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:05:11 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:05:38 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept as amended and add a note to understanding 1.4.3 and 1.4.6.
21:07:46 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:11:04 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:11:22 [Ben]
Topic: Clarifying what it means to "fail" a technique
21:12:34 [Loretta]
If this is a sufficient technique for a success criterion, failing this test procedure does not necessarily mean that the success criterion has not been satisfied in some other way, only that only that this technique has not been successfully implemented.
21:13:18 [Loretta]
If this is a sufficient technique for a success criterion, failing this test procedure does not necessarily mean that the success criterion has not been satisfied in some other way.
21:16:08 [Loretta]
Failure of the test procedure of a sufficient technique only means that the technique is not being used, not that the success criterion has not been met. However, it means that the technique has not been successfully implemented and cannot be used to claim conformance to that Success Criteria.
21:20:39 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:21:42 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:21:53 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:21:58 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Add to the Technique boilerplate, at the end of the "Tests" section: "If this is a sufficient technique for a success criterion, failing this test procedure does not necessarily mean that the success criterion has not been satisfied in some other way, only that this technique has not been successfully implemented and can not be used to claim conformance." (note: no boilerplate on failures)
21:22:07 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Add to the second paragraph of the Sufficient and Advisory Techniques Section of Introduction to Techniques for WCAG 2.0: "Failure of a test procedure for a sufficient technique does not necessarily mean that the success criterion has not been satisfied in some other way, only that this technique has not been successfully implemented and can not be used to claim conformance."
21:22:17 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2703: About H27 and H53 for OBJECT tag
21:26:03 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept 2703 as proposed.
21:26:31 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2712: login expiration
21:26:52 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept 2712 as proposed.
21:27:12 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2715: G167: confusing or redundant test procedure
21:27:21 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept 2715 as proposed.
21:27:31 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2716: Link Purpose (In Context)—Understanding SC 2.4.4
21:30:22 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept as amended.
21:30:32 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2717: Language of Parts: SC 3.1.2
21:30:39 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:30:46 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept 2717 as proposed.
21:30:51 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:31:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:31:43 [Ben]
ACTION: Bruce to assemble Section508 survey results into a single document for review.
21:31:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-36 - Assemble Section508 survey results into a single document for review. [on Bruce Bailey - due 2009-07-02].
21:31:57 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:32:24 [Ben]
Next week: Pick up Issue 2719.
21:32:28 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:32:30 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:32:31 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:32:31 [Zakim]
- +1.415.536.aabb
21:32:32 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:32:32 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:32:34 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:32:37 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:32:41 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
21:32:41 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Ben
21:32:46 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:32:47 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:32:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow-Weaver, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Christophe_Strobbe, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +1.617.584.aaaa,
21:32:51 [Ben]
q?
21:32:51 [Zakim]
... Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Gregg_Vanderheiden, +1.415.536.aabb
21:34:39 [Ben]
Present: 01 Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Christophe_Strobbe, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, 01Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Sofia_Celic_Li
21:35:53 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
21:35:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:35:59 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
21:35:59 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:35:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce to assemble Section508 survey results into a single document for review. [1]
21:35:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-wai-wcag-irc#T21-31-43