IRC log of ua on 2009-06-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:48:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
16:48:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-irc
16:48:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:48:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:48:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
16:48:21 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
16:48:22 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
16:48:22 [trackbot]
Date: 25 June 2009
16:48:32 [KFord]
Chair: Jim_Allan
16:48:52 [KFord]
Regrets: Jim, Simon, Mark, Henny
16:49:18 [KFord]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:49:26 [KFord]
rrsagent, amke minutes
16:49:26 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'amke minutes', KFord. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:49:34 [KFord]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:49:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-minutes.html KFord
16:49:43 [KFord]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:53:34 [KFord]
Agenda+ Logistics (Regrets, agenda requests, comments)?
16:53:34 [KFord]
Agenda+ review 5/28 Meeting survey (no need to answer again) -
16:53:34 [KFord]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090527/
16:53:34 [KFord]
Agenda+ Survey for 6/4 meeting (no need to answer again) -
16:53:34 [KFord]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090602/
16:53:35 [KFord]
Agenda+ Review any new proposals sent to list.
16:53:37 [KFord]
Agenda+ lock down current editors draft by 25 June for publishing new public working draft in July
16:58:24 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
16:58:31 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:58:38 [KFord]
zakim, microsoft is kford
16:58:38 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
16:59:46 [jeanne]
zakim, code?
16:59:46 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jeanne
17:00:00 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:00:33 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
17:02:27 [KFord]
regrets- Mark
17:02:32 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
17:02:36 [KFord]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:02:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-minutes.html KFord
17:03:38 [KFord]
Present: Mark, Jeanne, Kelly
17:04:17 [Zakim]
+Greg
17:04:31 [KFord]
Present+ Greg
17:04:40 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
17:04:43 [KFord]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:04:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-minutes.html KFord
17:06:27 [KFord]
group starting to talk about what's changed from last draft and what points we want feedback on.
17:07:03 [Zakim]
+Kim
17:07:12 [KFord]
Present+ Kim
17:08:04 [KFord]
Jeanne: Published new editor's draft yesterday with editorial changes.
17:08:41 [KFord]
Jeanne: I will have another draft that I'll publish tomorrow that has all the approved changes.
17:09:05 [KFord]
Jeanne: Group needs to talk about status changes and ask what questions do we want from reviewers.
17:09:35 [KFord]
Greg: 'Do you need to flag all changes or just contentious?
17:10:01 [KFord]
Jeanne: Should flag at least contenious. And then talk about status.
17:13:23 [Greg]
Greg suggests we publish the new draft as plain (official) and marked-up showing changes (non-normative) versions, as the latter is extremely helpful for some reviewers. Alternatively, let the user toggle visibility of change markup using style sheets.
17:13:47 [KFord]
Group talked about publication formats. People liked the formating in last draft sent to list. Wanted to have that if possible but Jeanne doesn't think such is possible.
17:14:01 [KFord]
Mail with most recent draft at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009AprJun/0105.html
17:17:21 [KFord]
kford: One question I'd like from reviewers is to know if this document does enough to address accessibility in the wide range of user agents available today e.g. mobile, set top boxes or is the guide too desktop centered.
17:17:30 [jeanne]
List of mail with minutes for the last three months http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009AprJun/
17:19:16 [KFord]
kford: Another question, does this guide give enough detail detail on ensuring user agents work well with the wide range of assistive technologies such as speech input.
17:20:33 [Greg]
Greg wants feedback on whether the document should include mainstream software accessibility features, or only limit it to requirements specific to UA and reference another standard (e.g. ISO 9241-171) for general software accessibility guidelines.
17:22:16 [Greg]
Similarly, to what extent should it be harmonized with ISO 9241-171.Is it OK to extend or improve on existing standards?
17:24:21 [KFord]
kford: three audiiiiiiiiiiiiies user agent developers, AT vendors and end users. Does this document give you all what you need or is there info you are seeking you don't find.
17:24:30 [KFord]
Greg: I'd add two more audiences.
17:25:16 [Greg]
Two additional target audiences are (a) purchasing decision makers, such as European governments and, (b) evaluators such as testing labs they might use.
17:30:10 [KFord]
Some talk about differences between A, AA and AAA.
17:30:40 [KFord]
Jeane: A iabsolutely necessary with minimal limitation of devs.
17:32:08 [jeanne]
WCAG - http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#conformance-reqs
17:34:16 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20081211/conformance.html#uc-levels-head
17:36:30 [KFord]
group thinking about status changes.
17:38:40 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/ED-UAAG20-20090624/htmldiff.htm
17:38:52 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
17:40:14 [KFord]
Jeanne: Part of the new document will be an updated glossary.
17:43:24 [KFord]
zakim take up item 2
17:43:29 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/18-ua-minutes.html
17:46:16 [jeanne]
Here is a link to the survey results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090602/results
17:52:15 [Zakim]
-Greg
17:52:20 [Zakim]
-Kim
17:56:33 [jeanne]
rrsagent, Make minutes
17:56:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-ua-minutes.html jeanne
17:57:54 [Zakim]
-kford
17:57:55 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
17:57:55 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
17:57:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were kford, Jeanne, Mark_Hakkinen, Greg, Kim
17:58:10 [jeanne]
zakim, bye
17:58:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
17:58:20 [jeanne]
rrsagent, bye
17:58:20 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items