IRC log of egov on 2009-06-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:55:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
12:55:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:55:34 [aharvey]
I'm going to have to join the meeting a little late... An elected official needs something done ASAP.
12:56:37 [john]
john has joined #egov
12:57:08 [josema]
t's ok, adam
12:58:06 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV()9:00AM has now started
12:58:14 [Zakim]
12:58:19 [josema]
trackbot, start telcon
12:58:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:58:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
12:58:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_EGOV()9:00AM already started
12:58:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
12:58:24 [trackbot]
Date: 24 June 2009
12:58:47 [Zakim]
12:58:52 [josema]
chair: john, kevin
12:59:12 [Zakim]
12:59:40 [kevin]
kevin has joined #egov
12:59:45 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
12:59:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema, kevin
12:59:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kevin, john, RRSAgent, Daniel_Bennett, Zakim, aharvey, josema, trackbot
12:59:53 [Rachel]
Rachel has joined #egov
13:00:05 [davemc]
davemc has joined #egov
13:00:08 [Zakim]
13:00:24 [josema]
zakim, code?
13:00:24 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), josema
13:01:15 [Zakim]
13:01:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.564.aaaa
13:01:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.449.aabb
13:01:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.236.aacc
13:02:01 [Daniel_Bennett]
aabb is Daniel
13:02:01 [dmcallis]
dmcallis has joined #egov
13:02:25 [josema]
zakim, aabb is Daniel
13:02:25 [Zakim]
+Daniel; got it
13:02:29 [Zakim]
13:02:36 [josema]
zakim, Daniel is Daniel_Bennett
13:02:36 [Zakim]
+Daniel_Bennett; got it
13:03:23 [Zakim]
13:04:18 [john]
its very quiet
13:04:19 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
13:04:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema, kevin, Rachel, +1.202.564.aaaa, Daniel_Bennett, +1.202.236.aacc, ??P26
13:04:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dmcallis, Rachel, kevin, john, RRSAgent, Daniel_Bennett, Zakim, aharvey, josema, trackbot
13:04:46 [josema]
can aaaa, aacc and P26 make themselves known, please?
13:05:04 [Owen]
Owen has joined #egov
13:05:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.443.aadd
13:05:06 [dmcallis]
I think I'm P26
13:05:16 [josema]
zakim, P26 is probably dmcallis
13:05:16 [Zakim]
sorry, josema, I do not understand your question
13:05:19 [aharvey]
I just jumped on the call
13:05:42 [josema]
zakim, ??P26 is probably dmcallis
13:05:42 [Zakim]
+dmcallis?; got it
13:05:42 [dmcallis]
having some challenging internet problems this morning
13:06:08 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
13:06:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema, kevin, Rachel, +1.202.564.aaaa, Daniel_Bennett, +1.202.236.aacc, dmcallis?, +1.216.443.aadd
13:06:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Owen, dmcallis, Rachel, kevin, john, RRSAgent, Daniel_Bennett, Zakim, aharvey, josema, trackbot
13:06:28 [josema]
still three unknown people ?
13:06:53 [aharvey]
I'm aadd
13:07:03 [josema]
zakim, aadd is aharvey
13:07:03 [Zakim]
+aharvey; got it
13:07:10 [josema]
only two to go!
13:07:21 [josema]
kevin, john, I think we should try to identify the other two and go ahead
13:07:22 [Daniel_Bennett]
this is eating into the 20min for the "whats going on" agenda item
13:07:54 [Daniel_Bennett]
yes, we can hear you
13:07:55 [josema]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:07:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Agenda adjustments" taken up [from josema]
13:08:20 [Rachel]
13:08:28 [josema]
scribe: rachel
13:08:32 [Rachel]
just waiting for call to start...
13:08:33 [Daniel_Bennett]
no adjustments from me
13:08:34 [john]
13:08:36 [josema]
13:08:53 [Rachel]
no adjustments to agenda
13:08:55 [Daniel_Bennett]
:-) with the agenda
13:08:58 [josema]
[all happy with agenda]
13:09:04 [josema]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:09:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "What's going on (events and the like)" taken up [from josema]
13:09:19 [Rachel]
Kevin made a presentation to Federal CIO Committee
13:09:36 [josema]
13:09:39 [Zakim]
13:09:43 [Rachel]
Lots going on w/ and open government initiative
13:10:41 [Rachel]
Presented Group Note, was asked if NIST is involved in our work.
13:11:08 [josema]
13:11:13 [josema]
13:11:14 [Rachel]
Some people from NIST attended F2F but no permanent members on IG.
13:11:19 [josema]
13:12:13 [Rachel]
we need to make sure we keep on top of everything happening in govt
13:12:24 [Rachel]
lots of discussion related to metadata and public data catalog
13:12:24 [josema]
13:12:30 [josema]
13:13:36 [Rachel]
...CIO Council struggling with how to make data discoverable
13:14:28 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
13:14:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema, kevin, Rachel, +1.202.564.aaaa, Daniel_Bennett, +1.202.236.aacc, dmcallis?, aharvey, ??P35
13:14:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Owen, dmcallis, Rachel, kevin, john, RRSAgent, Daniel_Bennett, Zakim, aharvey, josema, trackbot
13:15:00 [Rachel]
...Kevin meeting w/George Thomas to follow up (George is on the call today)
13:15:13 [josema]
hey george, good to hear you!
13:15:41 [Rachel]
...struggling with standardization for linked data
13:15:43 [john]
we have that too in the UK
13:17:04 [Rachel]
...Brand attended semantic web meeting
13:17:27 [josema]
[also on the call: BrandN and GeorgeT, and I guess Owen, those should be the three unidentified so far]
13:17:36 [Rachel]
...provided some examples of semantic web best practices
13:17:41 [john]
13:17:53 [Rachel]
...partnering with NIST on interoperability in cloud computing
13:18:05 [josema]
s/...struggling/George: struggling
13:18:17 [josema]
13:20:02 [Rachel]
...planning a semantic web workshop set for September hosted by FDIC
13:21:36 [Rachel]
Kevin: update on meeting w/Tim O'Reilly and Kundra, Chopra
13:22:20 [Rachel]
...need to present information in a way that managers can understand
13:22:22 [josema]
13:22:28 [Rachel]
...Vivek working on data dashboard
13:22:44 [ocr]
ocr has joined #egov
13:23:02 [Rachel]
...we have technical info documented, just need to translate to show business value
13:23:33 [josema]
I guess semantic web workshop above hosted by FDIC is the XBRL one
13:23:48 [josema]
ack jo
13:23:49 [Rachel]
...will follow up with additional action items for year 2
13:23:54 [josema]
13:24:01 [Zakim]
+ +34.98.439.aaee
13:24:07 [josema]
zakim, aaee is ocr
13:24:07 [Zakim]
+ocr; got it
13:24:10 [anne]
anne has joined #egov
13:25:32 [john]
13:25:59 [Rachel]
John: recommends this book
13:26:30 [Rachel]
...good "basics" info
13:27:08 [Rachel]
...France govt meeting w/UK to discuss creating their own ""
13:27:22 [Zakim]
13:27:37 [josema]
zakim, [LC] is probably anne
13:27:37 [Zakim]
+anne?; got it
13:27:44 [anne]
yes anne is here.
13:27:48 [josema]
hi anne
13:27:50 [anne]
13:28:35 [Rachel]
...good strategy for group is to point out good work by colleagues around the world
13:29:02 [Rachel] each of us build a case within our own communities, if we can demonstrate success by others
13:29:06 [john]
13:29:40 [john]
everyone ready to move on?
13:30:13 [josema]
-> PdF
13:30:38 [Rachel]
Daniel: going to PdF
13:31:02 [Rachel]
Kevin: Has a discount code if anyone else wants to register, let him know
13:31:10 [josema]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:31:10 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "eGov/Comm Planning Calls and Coordination" taken up [from josema]
13:31:46 [anne]
For the record, if not already mentioned, Tim Berners Lee was chosen by PM to lead open gov data in UK
13:31:48 [anne]
13:32:22 [Rachel]
John:Chairs have been meeting with W3C folks to coordinate marketing for our Group
13:33:02 [josema]
that was me on a _real_ phone, no way to get decent sound today from here :(
13:33:07 [Rachel]
Kevin: Looking for opportunities to market our efforts, raise awareness about our work
13:33:38 [Rachel]
...avoid recreating the wheel, if others know what we're doing, they can join us
13:34:03 [Rachel]
...integrate our work into larger eGov efforts
13:34:54 [Rachel]
...O'Reilly summit coming up this fall, 2 members submitted case studies
13:35:25 [Zakim]
13:35:51 [Rachel]
...they are still calling for Case Studies, but already actually have received more than they have time for
13:36:30 [Rachel]
...W3C Communications team helping us research ways to raise awareness of our Group's work
13:37:20 [Rachel]
Daniel: Recommends creating a Use Case Library for data-related initiatives
13:37:35 [Rachel] help governments standardize data
13:37:55 [Rachel] single central place to find out what's being used, and where
13:38:00 [Zakim]
+ +34.98.439.aaff
13:38:42 [Rachel]
Kevin: We do have a library of Use Cases - what to do with them now?
13:38:59 [john]
we also talked about a questionnaire - to try and benchmark who is where. Not sure of value of that.
13:39:25 [Rachel]
Daniel: "wikipedia" of data from around the world
13:40:14 [Rachel]
John: Unless we ensure we are producing quality outputs, we won't gain much traction.
13:40:34 [Rachel]
...Need to ensure we produce a coherent "package"
13:41:04 [josema]
we also discussed about ETF, mentioned we expected ETF to tweak IG deliverables, still Comm to help us with media opportunities, outreach and the like
13:41:05 [john]
13:41:12 [Rachel]
...need to produce a White Paper, Kevin is drafting
13:41:15 [john]
13:41:16 [josema]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:41:21 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Charter and Plan" taken up [from josema]
13:41:49 [josema]
-> Draft Charter 2
13:41:56 [josema]
rrsagent, pointer?
13:41:56 [RRSAgent]
13:42:04 [Rachel]
John: Kevin posted first draft of Year 2 Charter
13:42:07 [josema]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:42:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate josema
13:42:18 [Rachel]
...Timeframes very short!
13:42:55 [Rachel]
...Need to finalize ASAP, so we can submit before deadline in early July.
13:43:11 [Rachel]
...need to be very careful about specific deliverables - can we actually DO those things?
13:43:33 [aharvey]
+1 to john's point about deliverables
13:43:55 [josema]
I think we need to get this to W3M agenda on July, 15th... 22nd in the worst case scenario
13:44:42 [Rachel]
Kevin: Draft he posted is just a "draft" - need feedback!
13:45:03 [Rachel]
John: Are deliverables realistic? Do they add value?
13:45:07 [josema]
my two concerns: actual deliverables and "visualization" TF
13:45:27 [Rachel]
Owen: Who is volunteering to take the lead on deliverables? Nothing will happen w/o someone taking ownership
13:45:35 [Rachel]
Kevin: Agree
13:45:54 [aharvey]
+1 to Owen
13:46:02 [josema]
q+ to _try_ talk about my OGD TF discussions
13:46:06 [dmcallis]
+1 Owen
13:46:10 [Rachel]
...that's why we need to increase participation - either by adding more members or getting current members more active
13:46:59 [Rachel]
...our Group can serve as a bridge betweens lots of other initiatives
13:47:15 [Rachel]
...need to get people to commit to actually DOING things!
13:47:24 [anne]
+1 Kevin's idea of creating liasons
13:47:28 [josema]
13:47:30 [Rachel]
Owen: Who will be liaison to those other groups?
13:48:34 [Rachel]
George: issues with RDFA or HTML5 causing concern
13:49:18 [john]
ack josema
13:49:18 [Zakim]
josema, you wanted to _try_ talk about my OGD TF discussions
13:49:20 [Rachel]
John: Wants to talk to the "html5 guys"
13:50:10 [Rachel]
Jose: Working w/W3C communities
13:50:54 [Rachel]
...we can have mixed membership - collaborate with other groups to create "design patterns for Open Government Data"
13:51:17 [Rachel]
...each individual task force can have its own mailing list, to make communication easier
13:51:33 [Rachel]
...agrees w/John about html5 issues
13:51:58 [Rachel]
...govt already has many use cases around RDFa to illustrate the value
13:52:40 [Rachel]
Kevin: html5 issue being talked about, perhaps we can raise these issues in a larger arena
13:53:05 [john]
13:53:28 [Rachel]
Daniel: We want to standardize...but lots of new exciting things always happening
13:53:39 [josema]
I already communicated this to Mike Smith (HTML WG Team contact), will contact him again
13:53:51 [Rachel]
...our group can help everyone "get along"
13:53:52 [john]
just checking charter2 wording, checking this type of issue is in our scope
13:54:03 [josema]
ACTION: josema to try get RDFa Gov use cases on TPAC agenda
13:54:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-71 - Try get RDFa Gov use cases on TPAC agenda [on José Manuel Alonso - due 2009-07-01].
13:54:36 [Rachel]
Kevin: is there a business need that conflicts w/RDFa?
13:55:14 [dmcallis]
How do we view competing technologies in metadata, (like XMP) and the wide use of such?
13:55:20 [Rachel]
...not sure our group is doing all we should
13:55:56 [josema]
to make my point clearer: I believe OGD is a superset of Linked Government Data, i.e. Linked Data will be a significant part of it but we'll have non-LD use cases
13:55:59 [Rachel]
...this year, there are lots of good opportunities for our Group to make a positive impact
13:56:26 [ocr]
+1 on josema, RDFa and OGD
13:56:27 [john]
13:57:06 [Rachel]
Daniel: important to comply with ONE standard
13:57:56 [Rachel]
Kevin: one of our missions is to partner with others, aggregate best solutions
13:58:00 [Daniel_Bennett]
13:58:11 [anne]
Like Kevin's policy of aggregator and not initiator.
13:58:15 [Zakim]
13:58:45 [Rachel]
...use cases can demonstrate value
13:59:07 [Rachel]
...what new technologies are coming out that are going to evolve into standards?
13:59:07 [josema]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:59:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate josema
13:59:49 [Rachel]
John: This group is a place where people from MANY governments can get together and discuss common problems
13:59:52 [josema]
+1 to john
13:59:56 [Rachel]
...share best practices
14:00:00 [Rachel] each other
14:00:31 [Rachel]
...eGov IG role is to capture "government" issues and communicate w/those outside of government
14:00:49 [Rachel] other W3C group has this same perpective
14:01:38 [josema]
14:01:41 [josema]
ack jo
14:01:44 [Rachel]
...regarding Charter 2 - where do we go now?
14:02:28 [Rachel] we have the right scope, how widely should we cover the web development area?
14:02:44 [Rachel] we want to stay with a broad perspective, or narrow our scope?
14:03:11 [john]
wriggle room?
14:03:12 [Zakim]
- +1.202.236.aacc
14:03:17 [Rachel]
Kevin: important to leave some room to adjust as we go, since things change so quickly
14:03:59 [Rachel]
...some issues include accessibility, interoperability
14:04:15 [josema]
we have plenty to choose from: (but even that may not be enough wrt visualization)
14:04:38 [Rachel]
...try not to get bogged down, how best to serve the public?
14:04:49 [josema]
maybe "Web Design and Applications" ?
14:05:11 [Rachel]
...sees 3 different broad areas (in addition to open govt data)
14:05:13 [aharvey]
or "User Experience and Education"
14:05:29 [john]
like both suggestions
14:05:39 [Rachel]
...should focus on things that help governments deliver citizen-oriented services
14:05:56 [josema]
adam, have you seen ?
14:06:10 [Rachel]
Daniel: looking at "open data" versus "development" - interesting division
14:06:27 [Rachel]
...division between those is not always clear
14:06:31 [aharvey]
No, thanks for the link Jose!
14:06:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.236.aagg
14:06:51 [josema]
all, see especially
14:07:04 [josema]
14:07:34 [Rachel]
...these 2 task forces need to collaborate where issues merge
14:07:56 [Rachel]
John: see link posted by Jose
14:08:26 [josema]
I'm "guilty" of IG being listed there, forgot to mention it, sorry!
14:08:32 [Rachel]
...w3c education & outreach working group
14:09:09 [Rachel]
...practical ideas for helping govt make the best use of the web
14:09:25 [josema]
s/education & outreach working group/Open Web Education Alliance Incubator Group
14:09:39 [Rachel]
Kevin: need to prioritize what is most important now
14:09:47 [josema]
zakim, list attendees
14:09:47 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been john, Josema, kevin, Rachel, +1.202.564.aaaa, +1.202.449.aabb, +1.202.236.aacc, Daniel_Bennett, +1.216.443.aadd, dmcallis?, aharvey,
14:09:50 [Zakim]
... +34.98.439.aaee, ocr, anne?, +34.98.439.aaff, +1.202.236.aagg
14:10:00 [josema]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:10:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate josema
14:10:11 [Rachel]
...long-term data management and other areas are not our top priority right now
14:10:34 [Rachel]
...what is the most appropriate thing for our group to focus on now?
14:10:39 [john]
so we do in fact mead "web design and applications"? (to borrow josema's phrase)
14:10:54 [john]
14:11:27 [josema]
q+ to ask about deliverables
14:11:34 [john]
ack josema
14:11:34 [Zakim]
josema, you wanted to ask about deliverables
14:12:01 [Rachel]
Jose: What are our potential deliverables for these task forces?
14:12:38 [Rachel]
...figure out what we want to accomplish FIRST, then decide on the framework to make it happen
14:13:20 [Rachel]
Kevin: one thing we want is to publish briefing documents more frequently
14:13:25 [john]
so, briefs, memos etc
14:13:37 [Rachel]
...what issues do we want to address in those briefs?
14:13:46 [josema]
I was thinking of brainstorming about _real_ examples, can someone give me one?
14:13:56 [josema]
is* memo one?
14:14:18 [john]
that style of communication
14:14:29 [Rachel]
Daniel: promoting best practices is a positive goal
14:14:38 [john]
broad brush, picking uo gov specific context
14:14:47 [josema]
ok, I tend to think we all agree that should be the style
14:14:49 [john]
14:15:08 [Rachel]
...are we informing best practices in our work products?
14:15:13 [josema]
then we need to focus _very_ well Web D* TF, what's in, what's not
14:15:32 [john]
topic areas - mobile? accessibility?
14:15:38 [josema]
e.g. should be Flash part of that TF?
14:15:47 [Rachel]
...we can give governments the tools to improve their web content/pages
14:16:03 [Rachel]
Kevin: What would issue briefs contain?
14:16:27 [john]
I would focus on W3C tech - we're not a conduit to adobe / macromedia for flash right?
14:16:37 [Rachel]
...consistency in Group deliverables is important
14:16:55 [josema]
do you remember the discussion about "Web content" ? ;)
14:17:14 [josema]
I propose: HTML, CSS, Scripting, Ajax, Accessibility, Mobile Web, i18n
14:17:53 [josema]
rachel: we are short on time, what's the goal for today?
14:18:01 [josema]
... wrt the Charter?
14:18:01 [Rachel]
We need to wrap up soon!
14:18:06 [john]
14:18:23 [Rachel]
Kevin: everyone - you have until Sunday to comment on Year 2 Charter
14:18:36 [Rachel]
...Chairs will finalize on their call next Wednesday
14:19:02 [Rachel]
John: Define deliverables, outline exact topics we want to tackle
14:19:20 [john]
are, thanks
14:19:43 [josema]
maybe more: what about SVG and Widgets?
14:19:59 [Rachel]
Kevin: will send out list of w3c groups, need to identify those with which we need to collaborate
14:19:59 [josema]
Privacy? Math?... list goes on
14:20:01 [john]
my vote, widgets yes, svg no
14:20:07 [josema]
14:20:41 [josema]
I'm trying to take into account what Kevin mentioned about not "too restrictive"
14:20:46 [Rachel]
are you looking for volunteers at this point?
14:20:56 [josema]
s/are/Rachel: are
14:21:04 [Rachel]
Kevin: First let's make sure we have the Charter done, then we can get volunteers.
14:21:43 [Rachel]
John: Although we need to make sure that the elements in the Charter are within the purview and interests of Group members, so we can get volunteers to tackle these issues.
14:21:52 [Daniel_Bennett]
a11y, i18n, HTML, CSS, ECMA, Cool URLs, CSS Media formats including print and mobile, Citations/Anchors/XPointers
14:22:30 [Rachel]
Kevin: still looking for more members
14:22:44 [Rachel]
...we do have good folks on the group now, but can always use more help!
14:22:52 [josema]
daniel, I would put Cool URLs, Citations/Anchors/XPointers on OGD TF, concentrate here more on the "Webapp/visualization" aspect
14:22:53 [john]
I'm not in favour of wishful thinking in the charter (ambition, but also realism)
14:23:09 [dmcallis]
After the new charter, does a F2F make sense? Easier to involve new members with a concrete meeting.
14:23:15 [Rachel]
...don't want to set expectations without being able to deliver on them.
14:23:44 [josema]
tip: read Charter 1 again, concrete, but not much, so we had room
14:24:03 [Rachel]
John: can we assume that we structure Charter 2 from the baseline of where we are today
14:24:29 [Rachel]
Kevin: impressed with level of engagement on the listserv this past week
14:24:44 [josema]
I again regret to have missed previous call :(
14:24:57 [john]
14:25:02 [Rachel]
John: Comments on Charter 2 due Sunday. Issues resolved, Charter finalized next week.
14:25:05 [Daniel_Bennett]
Jose, we miss your actual voice on this one
14:25:20 [josema]
scribe: josema
14:25:37 [kevin]
Jose agree with Daniel keep expecting to hear your voice
14:25:53 [josema]
daniel, see draft, I added many comments in there!
14:26:05 [Daniel_Bennett]
14:26:55 [josema]
rachel: ETF to bridge policy/technology gap
14:27:12 [josema]
... several volunteers contacted me already
14:27:18 [john]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:27:18 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Editorial Task Force" taken up [from josema]
14:27:24 [josema]
... also sent draft proposal to listserv
14:27:24 [aharvey]
I read it.
14:27:30 [aharvey]
I liked it :)
14:27:47 [dmcallis]
I read it... haven't had time to digest or respond
14:27:50 [josema]
... anybody read it?
14:28:02 [josema]
john: talked about this with Comm
14:28:20 [josema]
... Comm very interested in learning what exactly ETF would do
14:28:39 [josema]
... we mentioned ETF will help us reach those we _need_ to reach as a group
14:28:45 [josema]
kevin: strongly agree
14:29:01 [josema]
owen: ?? semantic web for dummies book
14:29:37 [john]
we can resolve this as our way of working, right?
14:30:32 [josema]
josema: please add ETF to draft charter
14:30:36 [josema]
rachel: will do
14:30:53 [Owen]
Brand mentioned the semantic web for dummies book.
14:31:08 [josema]
daniel: [scribe missed point]
14:31:41 [Rachel]
daniel asked if a mention of ETF should be added to other groups, so it is clear that deliverables go thru ETF before publication
14:31:46 [josema]
kevin: ?? something like that would be awesome
14:31:53 [Owen]
14:31:54 [Daniel_Bennett]
yes, thanks Rachel
14:32:24 [aharvey]
no objection
14:32:28 [josema]
john: anybody objects to this way of working?
14:32:30 [Zakim]
- +1.202.236.aagg
14:33:03 [josema]
RESOLVED: deliverables to go to ETF before publication
14:33:13 [john]
14:33:23 [josema]
14:33:39 [dmcallis]
thanks, all
14:33:45 [Zakim]
14:33:50 [Zakim]
14:34:06 [Zakim]
14:34:42 [josema]
s/[ADJOURNED]/[ADJOURNED - ETF team stays]/
14:34:47 [josema]
-- ETF --
14:35:16 [josema]
rachel: daniel, I like your idea of adding ETF mention to other groups
14:35:30 [josema]
... in terms of editing work, we mentioned editing window of 2 weeks
14:36:13 [josema]
... my plan is to ask people to volunteer depending on topic
14:36:42 [Karen]
Karen has joined #egov
14:37:10 [josema]
daniel: we can have exceptions, also keep media in mind
14:37:16 [Rachel]
differentiate between "press" pieces and documents "for publication"
14:41:53 [Zakim]
14:42:47 [josema]
[some discussion about how the relationship between Comm and ETF should work]
14:43:07 [josema]
RAchel: ETF happy to review and help, defer to jose how it should work
14:43:34 [josema]
14:44:41 [josema]
josema: I'll try to have you joining an eGov/Comm call to discuss about it
14:45:07 [josema]
... we are all in same boat and with same goal, very easy to understand each other
14:45:19 [josema]
[scribe missed OWen's q]
14:45:44 [josema]
[scribe missed adam's, too]
14:46:10 [aharvey]
My point was that we can test out ETF procedures and coordination on the current note, since it's revision isn't a priority
14:46:57 [Rachel]
Daniel: publish our "standards" for writing style, etc.
14:47:03 [josema]
[daniel on plain language, style and make people aware of this to ease work of ETF ?]
14:47:14 [josema]
14:48:29 [josema]
rachel: next steps, comments on Charter 2 are due on Sunday
14:48:35 [josema]
... suggestions, please use wiki
14:48:54 [josema]
... also white paper, we should have that fairly soon
14:48:58 [Daniel_Bennett]
have people giving deliverable to ETF to note who the authors are to allow ETF to contact authors
14:48:59 [josema]
... should be our first deliverable
14:49:24 [josema]
... we could even divide up in pieces to work in parallel
14:49:27 [josema]
adam: sounds good
14:49:49 [josema]
rachel: I want to thank you all again for volunteering
14:49:55 [josema]
... this is a passion of mine
14:50:08 [josema]
... happy to have you joining me for this
14:50:19 [aharvey]
we think you're great too Rachel.
14:50:22 [josema]
... really appreciate it, even before starting
14:50:44 [Daniel_Bennett]
Strunk and White
14:50:48 [josema]
rachel: daniel, I'll try to put together those "standards" we'll use
14:51:04 [josema]
... if any of you are interested in reworking any piece of the Note just tell me
14:51:06 [aharvey]
14:51:19 [josema]
... let's communicate by email
14:53:25 [Zakim]
- +1.202.564.aaaa
14:53:28 [Zakim]
14:53:29 [Zakim]
14:53:38 [Zakim]
14:53:39 [Zakim]
14:54:13 [Zakim]
14:54:14 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV()9:00AM has ended
14:54:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were john, Josema, kevin, Rachel, +1.202.564.aaaa, +1.202.449.aabb, +1.202.236.aacc, Daniel_Bennett, +1.216.443.aadd, dmcallis?, aharvey, +34.98.439.aaee, ocr, anne?,
14:54:18 [Zakim]
... +34.98.439.aaff, +1.202.236.aagg
14:58:56 [josema]
14:59:04 [josema]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:59:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate josema
15:44:31 [anne]
15:54:08 [josema]
zakim, bye
15:54:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #egov
15:54:12 [josema]
rrsagent, bye
15:54:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in :
15:54:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: josema to try get RDFa Gov use cases on TPAC agenda [1]
15:54:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in