IRC log of rif on 2009-06-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:52:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/23-rif-irc
14:52:44 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
14:52:44 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:52:50 [ChrisW]
Chair: Chris Welty
14:53:01 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 23-Jun-2009
14:53:19 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Jun/0099.html
14:53:30 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 23 June RIF Telecon, Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Jun/0099.html
14:53:47 [ChrisW]
zakim, clear agenda
14:53:47 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:53:55 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
14:53:59 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
14:54:03 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Action Review
14:54:47 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Publications
14:54:47 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Test Cases
14:54:47 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
14:54:47 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
14:54:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
14:54:51 [ChrisW]
zakim, what's up with you brother?
14:54:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ChrisW.
14:56:20 [hak]
hak has joined #rif
14:57:05 [ChrisW]
hi hassan
14:57:15 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:57:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/23-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
14:57:24 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:58:07 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:58:14 [Zakim]
+Hassan_Ait-Kaci
14:58:39 [ChrisW]
hassan can you scribe?
14:58:49 [hak]
ok
14:58:53 [ChrisW]
Scribe: Hassan
14:58:57 [ChrisW]
scribenick: hak
14:59:09 [ChrisW]
zakim, Hassan_Ait_Kaci is hak
14:59:09 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisW, I do not recognize a party named 'Hassan_Ait_Kaci'
14:59:11 [hak]
I can't hear anything on the phone !
14:59:16 [ChrisW]
zakim, Hassan_Ait-Kaci is hak
14:59:16 [Zakim]
+hak; got it
14:59:29 [hak]
I'll call again ...
14:59:35 [Zakim]
-hak
14:59:36 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
14:59:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were hak
14:59:49 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:59:57 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:00:04 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
15:00:04 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
15:00:38 [Zakim]
+hak
15:00:45 [ChrisW]
zakim, Hassan_Ait-Kaci is hak
15:00:45 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisW, I do not recognize a party named 'Hassan_Ait-Kaci'
15:01:47 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
15:04:12 [Zakim]
+Stella_Mitchell
15:04:34 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:04:58 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:05:02 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
15:05:06 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
15:05:33 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Jun/att-0050/RIF-minutes-telecon-9-jun-09.html
15:05:40 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Approve last week's minutes
15:05:44 [Zakim]
+Leora_Morgenstern
15:05:52 [ChrisW]
RESOLVE: Approve last week's minutes
15:06:02 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Approve last week's minutes
15:06:28 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Mime types and acknowledgements
15:06:39 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:06:39 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:07:09 [Zakim]
+csma
15:07:10 [AxelPolleres]
dialing.
15:07:47 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:07:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Action Review" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:07:57 [hak]
OWL WG report ... (Axel no yet connected ChrisW supping up) document is at Call for implementation phase
15:07:57 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres
15:08:10 [hak]
s/supp/summ/
15:08:52 [hak]
Axel: SPARQL WG reports on status ...
15:09:45 [Zakim]
+Gary
15:09:59 [Gary_Hallmark]
Gary_Hallmark has joined #rif
15:14:56 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:14:56 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:16:00 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:16:00 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Publications" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:16:21 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Switch the safeness definition, in Core, from the tree-decomposition one to the bottom-up one
15:17:09 [Gary]
+1
15:17:22 [StellaMitchell]
+1
15:17:29 [AxelPolleres]
q+
15:17:30 [hak]
+0
15:17:34 [ChrisW]
+1
15:17:40 [Harold]
+1
15:18:23 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I am just wondering whether the definition is sufficiently concrete.
15:18:33 [LeoraMorgenstern]
(That is, the safeness definition.)
15:18:52 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I think it could be reworded to be more in line with standard "mathspeak"
15:18:52 [csma]
q+
15:19:03 [csma]
ack axel
15:19:04 [AxelPolleres]
ack me
15:19:08 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:19:16 [csma]
ack csma
15:20:05 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Switch the safeness definition, in Core, from the tree-decomposition one to the bottom-up one
15:20:12 [hak]
Axel: not had time to read thoroughly CSMA's new safeness definition - it looks ok but not sure that how it interferes with all other defs
15:20:13 [AxelPolleres]
csma, sounds good to me!
15:20:36 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:20:36 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:20:55 [hak]
CSMA: did the check and it seems to work
15:21:01 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:21:01 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:21:16 [hak]
ChrisW: ok so we go ahead an publish ...
15:21:33 [hak]
ChrisW: discussing typesetting tables etc ...
15:22:51 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:22:51 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test Cases" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:22:55 [hak]
csma: could we add a mention of the date for the next deadline for the review period
15:23:02 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
15:23:02 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
15:23:03 [Zakim]
5. Test Cases [from ChrisW]
15:23:04 [Zakim]
7. Mime types and acknowledgements [from ChrisW]
15:23:13 [ChrisW]
zakim, take up item 7
15:23:13 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Mime types and acknowledgements" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:24:02 [hak]
csma: mime types are in appendix to BLD ... Should we not move that to CORE ?
15:24:16 [hak]
Harold: CORE is better
15:24:21 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: move mime types appendix to Core
15:24:25 [hak]
ChrisW: agrees
15:24:29 [hak]
+1
15:24:35 [Harold]
+1
15:24:37 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: move mime types appendix to Core
15:24:52 [hak]
ChrisW: who will do that
15:24:57 [hak]
Harold: I will !
15:25:13 [hak]
s/that/that ?/
15:25:23 [hak]
No action needed - Harold is doing it now !
15:26:33 [hak]
ChrisW: editors' notes in CORE need to be resolved
15:26:57 [hak]
ChrisW: let us just erase it
15:27:11 [hak]
since no one proposed anything re: it
15:28:07 [hak]
Axel: section 6.2 : ok to remove (Axel will dlo it)
15:28:14 [hak]
s/dlo/do/
15:28:48 [hak]
ChrisW: we leave the note in RDF/OWL to remain (1-2-1 correspondence for list - at risk)
15:29:01 [hak]
s/lsit/lists/
15:29:09 [AxelPolleres]
s/Axel will dlo it/Harold will do it/
15:29:09 [hak]
s/list/lists/
15:29:10 [AxelPolleres]
:-)
15:29:43 [hak]
csma: no more ed.'s notes to discuss in CORE
15:30:28 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_FAQ
15:30:36 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_FAQ
15:30:46 [hak]
csma: one more - need to have a look at Sandro's yet to be published FAQ
15:32:01 [hak]
ChrisW: Sandro at ??? Conf. got a lot of questions -> hence our FAQ
15:32:54 [hak]
Harold: discussing remaining dependencies between BLD and CORE re: mime types (Harold mentioned a removal he did)
15:32:57 [csma]
s/???/semantic technology/
15:35:26 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:35:26 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:35:42 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:35:42 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:36:04 [ChrisW]
zakim, take up item 5
15:36:04 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test Cases" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:36:14 [Zakim]
-Leora_Morgenstern
15:36:19 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern
15:37:27 [hak]
Stella: discussing test case notes - dialect changes (bld -> core and core -> bld, etc ...)
15:37:52 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Annotation_Entailment
15:37:59 [hak]
Stella: reviewing each note and changes made
15:39:13 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Frame_slots_are_independent
15:40:43 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Guards_and_subtypes
15:41:52 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Local_Predicate
15:42:55 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Non-Annotation_Entailment
15:46:06 [StellaMitchell]
OWL compatibility is now defined for OWL 2, which extends OWL 1. Since annotations have no semantics in OWL 2 DL, the notion of owl-dl-annotation-entailment is rendered meaningless, and has thus been removed.
15:51:34 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/OWL_Combination_Vocabulary_Separation_Inconsistency_1
15:53:02 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/OWL_Combination_Vocabulary_Separation_Inconsistency_2
15:53:57 [Zakim]
-[NRCC]
15:54:02 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_Constant_Equivalence_Graph_Entailment_2
15:56:07 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_Member_1
16:01:41 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_SubClass
16:02:34 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_SubClass_2
16:11:45 [AxelPolleres]
are you still at 2?
16:13:45 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_Member_1
16:14:39 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Equality_in_condition
16:15:55 [csma]
bld
16:15:57 [csma]
unsafe
16:16:11 [csma]
?x is not bound
16:16:29 [csma]
isDecimal has binding pattern (b)
16:16:43 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:16:43 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
16:18:15 [csma]
zakim, mute me
16:18:15 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
16:18:32 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Inconsistent_Entailment
16:19:15 [AxelPolleres]
pred:is-literal-integer
16:19:46 [ChrisW]
pred:is-literal-decimal
16:20:02 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Inconsistent_Entailment
16:20:48 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_Constant_Equivalence_3
16:22:16 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:22:16 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
16:23:39 [csma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Jun/0079.html
16:25:15 [csma]
<Cons type="rif:text" xml:lang="EN">
16:27:08 [AxelPolleres]
<Cons type="rif:text" xml:lang="EN">Hello!</Cons>
16:27:24 [AxelPolleres]
or Cons type="rif:text">Hello!@EN</Cons>
16:27:26 [AxelPolleres]
????
16:28:41 [AxelPolleres]
an optional lang tag attribute for rdf:PlainLiteral is *definitly* the better solution, IMO
16:30:22 [ChrisW]
action: update XML syntax for Core and BLD to use xml:lang attribute for consts
16:30:22 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - update
16:30:32 [ChrisW]
action: csma to update XML syntax for Core and BLD to use xml:lang attribute for consts
16:30:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-853 - Update XML syntax for Core and BLD to use xml:lang attribute for consts [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2009-06-30].
16:31:23 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
16:31:24 [Zakim]
-Stella_Mitchell
16:31:24 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
16:31:26 [Zakim]
-Gary
16:31:43 [ChrisW]
Regrets: DaveReynolds AdrianPaschke MichaelKifer ChanghaiKe JosDeBruijn
16:31:46 [AxelPolleres]
Attention!!!
16:31:49 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
16:31:49 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been ChrisW, hak, Stella_Mitchell, [NRCC], Leora_Morgenstern, csma, AxelPolleres, Gary, LeoraMorgenstern
16:31:54 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/SWC still talks about rdf:text
16:32:02 [AxelPolleres]
instead of rdf:PlainLiteral
16:32:06 [ChrisW]
ok
16:32:11 [ChrisW]
axel, can you change it?
16:32:17 [AxelPolleres]
I guess all dosc need to be checked in that respect
16:32:18 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:32:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/23-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:32:23 [AxelPolleres]
moment
16:32:49 [Zakim]
-hak
16:33:14 [AxelPolleres]
Gimme an action to check all docs ;-) will try to do it now, but might be interrupted any minute by a student coming in :-)
16:34:59 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:35:01 [Zakim]
-csma
16:35:01 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
16:35:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were ChrisW, hak, Stella_Mitchell, [NRCC], Leora_Morgenstern, csma, AxelPolleres, Gary, LeoraMorgenstern
16:35:32 [ChrisW]
action: axel to check all docs for use of "rdf:text"
16:35:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-854 - Check all docs for use of "rdf:text" [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-06-30].
16:35:38 [ChrisW]
;)
16:58:11 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION-854 is done. cheers
16:58:12 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #rif