Internationalization Core Teleconference

17 Jun 2009

See also: IRC log


aphillip, Richard, andrewc, +44.141.888.aaaa, David
Yves, Dan_Chiba
Addison Phillips
Addison Phillips




<scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

<scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip

<David> Sorry to be running late


Action Items

Addison: send list of pending reviews and update review radar so we can respond to requests

richard: provide something to fill in the new beta site page

<scribe> DONE

<r12a> http://beta.w3.org/standards/webdesign/i18n

Richard: reply to phil's note confirming closure of the powder issue

> never mind <

Addison: ping Martin and Mark to see if they're interested in crocker-email-arch

<scribe> IN PROGRESS

Richard: publish qa-bidi-unicode-controls to wide review

<scribe> DONE

Richard: respond on our behalf to CSS on ruby issue

started... but not sent yet

<scribe> IN PROGRESS

Info Share

Wg: best wishes to David

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/talks/0906-potsdam/slides.pdf

richard: slides from unicode presentation on JLTF

(see above)

presented at potsdam university

scribe: hope this is a useful summary

addison: had lunch with norbert and we discussed the timezones document
... also 4646bis is now in the hands of the iesg
... last step to be an rfc

List of articles for w3c beta site


This is a list of documents we could list on the beta site at http://beta.w3.org/TR/ I gave them numbers arbitrarily, just to help us talk about them more easily. We need to check that there aren't any more, and decide what documents belong in which subcategories/buckets (below the initial main list). See http://beta.w3.org/standards/ for more info about the buckets.

<r12a> http://beta.w3.org/TR/

<r12a> http://beta.w3.org/standards/

<r12a> http://beta.w3.org/standards/xmlcore/

richard: documents are organized into buckets, etc.
... (explains why two i18n blocks)
... made a list of all notes, recs, etc.

addison: timezones is missing


under drafts: ws-i18n


charreq: what to do with it?

addison: review it and publish? may need to add something ancillary

richard: publish as obsolete?

two types. One is 'retired"

richard: will use this list to update the TR page
... talk to Ian about bucketing

<scribe> ACTION: Richard: update the list of TR documents on the beta site to match buckets [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html#action01]


richard: start a wiki with the conformance criteria for charmod-norm? is that a good idea?

addison: I think so.

andrew: need additional faq/informational pages to help users of languages affected

richard: info: israel office will get someone else to participate in our group


richard: we need to start developing a plan to intersect with these guys seriously
... put html5 as open-ended on radar


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Richard: update the list of TR documents on the beta site to match buckets [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/06/17 20:51:34 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/AOB?/Normalization/
Found Scribe: Addison Phillips
Found ScribeNick: aphillip
Default Present: aphillip, Richard, andrewc, +44.141.888.aaaa, David
Present: aphillip Richard andrewc +44.141.888.aaaa David
Regrets: Yves Dan_Chiba
Got date from IRC log name: 17 Jun 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html
People with action items: richard

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]