IRC log of core on 2009-06-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:47:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #core
18:47:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-irc
18:47:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #core
18:47:46 [aphillip]
zakim, this will be I18N
18:47:46 [Zakim]
ok, aphillip; I see I18N_CoreWG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
18:47:54 [aphillip]
RRSAgent, set record i18n
18:48:01 [aphillip]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
18:48:11 [aphillip]
Meeting: Internationalization Core Teleconference
18:48:26 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
18:48:31 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
18:48:35 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
18:48:46 [aphillip]
RRSAgent, make minutes
18:48:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html aphillip
18:51:59 [aphillip]
Regrets: Yves, Dan Chiba
18:57:15 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()3:00PM has now started
18:57:22 [Zakim]
+??P1
18:59:45 [Zakim]
+aphillip
18:59:45 [r12a]
zakim, dial richard please
18:59:46 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
18:59:46 [Zakim]
+Richard
18:59:56 [aphillip]
zakim, ??P1 is andrewc
18:59:56 [Zakim]
+andrewc; got it
19:03:04 [David]
David has joined #core
19:03:24 [David]
Sorry to be running late
19:04:02 [Zakim]
+ +44.141.888.aaaa
19:04:14 [aphillip]
zakim, +44 is David
19:04:14 [Zakim]
+David; got it
19:05:47 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda
19:06:22 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
19:06:31 [aphillip]
Addison: send list of pending reviews and update review radar so we can respond to requests
19:07:05 [aphillip]
richard: provide something to fill in the new beta site page
19:07:15 [aphillip]
DONE
19:07:42 [r12a]
http://beta.w3.org/standards/webdesign/i18n
19:07:53 [aphillip]
Richard: reply to phil's note confirming closure of the powder issue
19:08:08 [aphillip]
> never mind <
19:08:18 [aphillip]
Addison: ping Martin and Mark to see if they're interested in crocker-email-arch
19:08:25 [aphillip]
IN PROGRESS
19:08:34 [aphillip]
Richard: publish qa-bidi-unicode-controls to wide review
19:08:38 [aphillip]
DONE
19:08:46 [aphillip]
Richard: respond on our behalf to CSS on ruby issue
19:09:04 [aphillip]
started... but not sent yet
19:09:06 [aphillip]
IN PROGRESS
19:09:27 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
19:11:28 [aphillip]
Wg: best wishes to David
19:11:30 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/International/talks/0906-potsdam/slides.pdf
19:11:42 [aphillip]
richard: slides from unicode presentation on JLTF
19:11:47 [aphillip]
(see above)
19:11:58 [aphillip]
presented at potsdam university
19:12:09 [aphillip]
... hope this is a useful summary
19:13:18 [aphillip]
addison: had lunch with norbert and we discussed the timezones document
19:13:33 [aphillip]
... also 4646bis is now in the hands of the iesg
19:13:47 [aphillip]
... last step to be an rfc
19:15:10 [aphillip]
Topic: List of articles for w3c beta site
19:15:26 [aphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2009Jun/0001.html
19:15:43 [aphillip]
This is a list of documents we could list on the beta site at http://beta.w3.org/TR/ I gave them numbers arbitrarily, just to help us talk about them more easily. We need to check that there aren't any more, and decide what documents belong in which subcategories/buckets (below the initial main list). See http://beta.w3.org/standards/ for more info about the buckets.
19:16:04 [r12a]
http://beta.w3.org/TR/
19:16:34 [r12a]
http://beta.w3.org/standards/
19:17:42 [r12a]
http://beta.w3.org/standards/xmlcore/
19:17:54 [aphillip]
richard: documents are organized into buckets, etc.
19:18:03 [aphillip]
... (explains why two i18n blocks)
19:19:18 [aphillip]
... made a list of all notes, recs, etc.
19:19:24 [aphillip]
addison: timezones is missing
19:20:08 [aphillip]
http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/
19:21:25 [aphillip]
under drafts: ws-i18n
19:22:04 [aphillip]
http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-i18n/
19:26:58 [aphillip]
charreq: what to do with it?
19:27:18 [aphillip]
addison: review it and publish? may need to add something ancillary
19:29:29 [aphillip]
richard: publish as obsolete?
19:29:43 [aphillip]
two types. One is 'retired"
19:32:11 [aphillip]
richard: will use this list to update the TR page
19:32:20 [aphillip]
... talk to Ian about bucketing
19:32:48 [aphillip]
ACTION: Richard: update the list of TR documents on the beta site to match buckets
19:33:25 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
19:34:19 [aphillip]
richard: start a wiki with the conformance criteria for charmod-norm? is that a good idea?
19:34:22 [aphillip]
addison: I think so.
19:39:19 [aphillip]
andrew: need additional faq/informational pages to help users of languages affected
19:39:33 [aphillip]
richard: info: israel office will get someone else to participate in our group
19:40:38 [aphillip]
Topic: HTML5
19:41:01 [aphillip]
richard: we need to start developing a plan to intersect with these guys seriously
19:41:53 [aphillip]
richard: put html5 as open-ended on radar
19:44:32 [aphillip]
s/AOB?/Normalization/
19:44:45 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB
19:45:34 [Zakim]
-David
19:45:36 [Zakim]
-aphillip
19:45:36 [Zakim]
-Richard
19:45:38 [Zakim]
-andrewc
19:45:38 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()3:00PM has ended
19:45:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were aphillip, Richard, andrewc, +44.141.888.aaaa, David
19:45:39 [aphillip]
RRSAgent, make minutes
19:45:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html aphillip
19:46:13 [r12a]
r12a has left #core
20:51:29 [aphillip]
RRSagent, make minutes
20:51:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-minutes.html aphillip
20:51:33 [aphillip]
RRSAgent, bye
20:51:33 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-actions.rdf :
20:51:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Richard: update the list of TR documents on the beta site to match buckets [1]
20:51:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/17-core-irc#T19-32-48
20:51:36 [aphillip]
zakim, bye
20:51:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #core