IRC log of mwts on 2009-06-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:59:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:59:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-irc
14:59:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:59:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:59:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:59:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM already started
14:59:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:59:43 [trackbot]
Date: 16 June 2009
14:59:51 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jun/0006.html
14:59:57 [dom]
Regrets: Carmelo
15:00:10 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
15:00:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4
15:00:14 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:00:14 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:00:43 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm
15:01:03 [Zakim]
+ +39.525.1.aaaa
15:01:11 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:11 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:02:23 [wilhelm]
http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/spartan.html
15:02:23 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:02:27 [dom]
ACTION-52?
15:02:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN
15:02:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/52
15:02:42 [dom]
Wilhelm: missing a few things, but the basic are there
15:02:45 [dom]
... will post before end of week
15:02:47 [dom]
ACTION-2?
15:02:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN
15:02:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2
15:03:13 [dom]
Kai: I joined the WebApps WG meeting last week - gave them a report of where I was
15:03:22 [dom]
... the widgets spec have changed quite a lot
15:03:52 [dom]
... I've been designing tests so that they could be queried through the Widget API
15:04:09 [dom]
... but the Widget API is quite unstable - the group won't be relying on them to be done
15:04:22 [dom]
... they are pushing ahead with packaging and configuration to CR
15:04:31 [dom]
... and they need tests that don't rely on Widgets API for that
15:04:48 [dom]
... when you look at all the "must" assertions in the P&C spec,
15:05:01 [dom]
... they're all down to ZIP tests, not using reserved names, etc
15:05:17 [dom]
... so WTF isn't quite suitable for these types of tests
15:05:31 [dom]
... This means I'll have to go back to basics for the tests that are needed now
15:05:53 [dom]
... they would want to move to Candidate Rec next month - so I need to spend a bit more time on P&C stuff for now
15:06:27 [dom]
Wilhelm: so should these tests be made outside of WTF? or should we change WTF to fit better these tests?
15:06:48 [dom]
Kai: WTF could probably be changed, but I think just producing Zip files will be simpler for this kind of tests
15:07:19 [dom]
Dom: is dev.w3.org up to date?
15:07:33 [dom]
Kai: no, I have redone some of the stuff and haven't committed to de
15:07:36 [dom]
s/de/dev/
15:07:41 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to update tests on dev.w3.org
15:07:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-58 - Update tests on dev.w3.org [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-06-23].
15:08:39 [dom]
Dom: If I want to contribute tests, do I need to use your git repository? or can I use CVS on dev.w3.org?
15:09:04 [dom]
Kai: I'd prefer if you would use git - but I'm not sure if it's set up for contributions
15:09:16 [dom]
... I want to blog about how to contribute tests
15:09:48 [dom]
... adding tests to WTF isn't exactly easy
15:10:14 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to describe how to contribute tests (will serve as input to blog post)
15:10:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-59 - Describe how to contribute tests (will serve as input to blog post) [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-06-23].
15:10:31 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB
15:10:33 [dom]
ACTION-55?
15:10:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-55 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to look at WCTMB2 ideas -- due 2009-06-02 -- OPEN
15:10:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/55
15:10:55 [dom]
Wilhelm: I haven't been able to make progress; I hope to have something out before leaving on vacation
15:11:53 [dom]
Topic: Blog
15:11:57 [dom]
ACTION-57?
15:11:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-57 -- Kai Hendry to propose another blog on widgets testing -- due 2009-06-16 -- OPEN
15:11:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/57
15:12:19 [dom]
Kai: will blog about contributing tests (ACTION-59)
15:12:22 [dom]
close ACTION-57
15:12:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-57 Propose another blog on widgets testing closed
15:13:07 [dom]
Kai: wanted to mention that BONDI has a test framework that I would like to chat about
15:13:20 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:13:24 [dom]
ACTION-21?
15:13:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:13:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21
15:13:34 [dom]
ACTION-14?
15:13:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:13:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14
15:14:27 [dom]
Dom: some progress on validating the new test suites released by OMA
15:14:37 [dom]
Topic: AOB
15:15:51 [dom]
Kai: any experience on how to extract testing assertions from Widget Specs?
15:16:03 [dom]
Dom: done that with XSLT a few times, can do taht for Widget P&C if you're interested
15:16:20 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to provide an extraction of test assertions from Widgets P&C (and tool to do it)
15:16:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-60 - Provide an extraction of test assertions from Widgets P&C (and tool to do it) [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-06-23].
15:16:27 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:16:33 [dom]
Wilhelm: away next two weeks
15:18:12 [Zakim]
-??P4
15:18:14 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
15:18:18 [dom]
Kai: would be good to meet next week since we need to move ahead with the widgets tests
15:18:32 [dom]
Dom: ok, let's keep the meeting for next week then, and see if we meet in two weeks as well or not
15:19:07 [dom]
RESOLVED: Next meeting on June 23, regrets from Wilhelm
15:19:18 [dom]
zakim, ??P4 was kai
15:19:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P4 was kai', dom
15:19:24 [dom]
zakim, drop dom
15:19:24 [Zakim]
dom is being disconnected
15:19:26 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:19:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wilhelm, +39.525.1.aaaa, dom
15:19:36 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:19:42 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:19:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html dom
17:23:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts