IRC log of mediaann on 2009-06-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:02:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:02:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mediaann-irc
12:02:07 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
12:02:07 [tmichel_]
tmichel_ has joined #mediaann
12:02:13 [daniel]
daniel has joined #mediaann
12:02:33 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be MAWG
12:02:33 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer, I see IA_MAWG()8:00AM already started
12:02:54 [Zakim]
+wonsuk
12:03:11 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aacc
12:03:22 [wbailer]
zakim, aacc is wbailer
12:03:22 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
12:03:25 [Zakim]
+florian
12:03:39 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:03:47 [Zakim]
+??P9
12:04:11 [tmichel]
hello everyone
12:04:11 [joakim]
zakim, P9 is Daniel
12:04:11 [Zakim]
sorry, joakim, I do not recognize a party named 'P9'
12:04:29 [joakim]
zakim, ??P9 is Daniel
12:04:29 [Zakim]
+Daniel; got it
12:05:04 [joakim]
scribe: Joakim
12:05:09 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-mediaann-minutes.html
12:05:47 [joakim]
accepted previous minutes
12:06:29 [hui]
hui has joined #mediaann
12:07:06 [wbailer]
july 7
12:07:33 [joakim]
next telecon July 7
12:08:37 [joakim]
topic: open actino items
12:09:02 [joakim]
close action-47
12:09:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-47 And Frank to investiage existing approach for setting metadata on a "metamodel level" (or "ontology level") closed
12:09:51 [joakim]
close action-43
12:09:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-43 Check XMP rating closed
12:10:43 [joakim]
thanks:-)
12:11:32 [joakim]
close action-105
12:11:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 Daniel to ask members for the definition of contributor types closed
12:12:33 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/#mission
12:14:22 [joakim]
action: joakim to send link to Thierry for laste version of UC docuemtn
12:14:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-126 - Send link to Thierry for laste version of UC docuemtn [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-06-23].
12:15:25 [joakim]
Thierrry: is action 124 for next version?
12:15:53 [joakim]
Thierry: should we publish the docuemtn now? we can have as many iterations as we like
12:16:03 [joakim]
we shoudl publish now
12:16:09 [florian]
+1 to Thierry
12:16:12 [wbailer]
+1
12:16:14 [wonsuk]
+1
12:16:17 [tobias]
+1
12:16:35 [joakim]
s/shoudl should
12:17:12 [joakim]
thierry: we should discuss the datatype during the f2f
12:17:13 [joakim]
+1
12:17:26 [joakim]
close action-124
12:17:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-124 Check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table closed
12:18:09 [joakim]
close action-125
12:18:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-125 Make wiki page for the improvements of the ontology document (type column, ...) closed
12:18:43 [joakim]
topic: Initial draft of "Ontology for Media Resource 1.0
12:19:19 [joakim]
wonsuk propose to publish this version
12:19:25 [tmichel]
+1 for publishing ASAP
12:20:13 [florian]
+1
12:20:45 [joakim]
Are there any objections to publishing Ontology for Media Resource 1.0?
12:21:23 [joakim]
[None heard]
12:22:02 [joakim]
RESOLUTION: We will publish the document tomorrow if non objections on the mailing list
12:22:15 [daniel]
+1
12:22:20 [wbailer]
+1
12:22:20 [florian]
+1
12:22:22 [tmichel]
+1 for publishing next thursday
12:22:25 [wonsuk]
+1
12:22:27 [Chris]
+1
12:22:51 [joakim]
action thierry to send email to mailing list about publication of UC doc
12:22:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-127 - Send email to mailing list about publication of UC doc [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-06-23].
12:22:53 [joakim]
+1
12:22:58 [tmichel]
I will send an email to the WG to ask people to raise objections if there are.
12:24:03 [joakim]
topic: next version of "Ontology for Media Resource 1.0"
12:24:35 [daniel]
i) Scheme for type definition
12:24:39 [joakim]
Daniel: we will discuss improvments during the f2f
12:25:31 [daniel]
ii) Management issue of Mapping Table
12:26:44 [joakim]
I corrected action 127!
12:27:01 [joakim]
wonsuk: how to manage the mapping table?
12:27:29 [joakim]
thierry: conversion from excel to HTML produce ugly HTML and has to be hand-corrected
12:27:38 [joakim]
appox 100 errorrs
12:28:50 [joakim]
topic: Shalle we decide to work only with the HTML version of the mapping table?
12:29:01 [joakim]
s/ Shalle shall
12:30:48 [joakim]
There are several ways to convert excel doc to HTML
12:31:41 [joakim]
wonsuk: want some good HTML for our table - a referecen implmentation?
12:31:58 [joakim]
s/ referecen reference
12:32:41 [joakim]
action: wosuk to make a reference HTML version of the mapping table
12:32:41 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - wosuk
12:32:54 [joakim]
action: wonsuk to make a reference HTML version of the mapping table
12:32:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-128 - to make a reference HTML version of the mapping table [on WonSuk Lee - due 2009-06-23].
12:33:53 [joakim]
Thierry: are there any alternative tools to make HTML code from excel?
12:34:27 [joakim]
Wonsuk: propose to maintain the table as HTML using the Wiki
12:34:42 [florian]
i think an automatic converation of an excel file will always produce ugly html code...no matter what tool you use
12:35:09 [florian]
s/converation conversation
12:35:23 [joakim]
thierrry: agrees to try this
12:35:51 [daniel]
iii) wiki page for the improvements of the ontology document(Florian)
12:36:14 [joakim]
topic: wiki page for the improvements of the ontology document
12:36:44 [wonsuk]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Improvements_/_Enhancement_for_a_revision_of_the_%22Ontology_for_Media_Resource_1.0%22_document
12:36:56 [joakim]
florian: has gone through old emails to find potential improvments
12:37:14 [joakim]
florian: please everyone check if something is missing?
12:38:23 [joakim]
topic: F2F in Stockholm
12:38:29 [wonsuk]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Meeting_Agenda_(TBD)#Stockholm_f2f_June_25-26_2009_-_Agenda
12:42:27 [joakim]
Daniel: AOB?
12:43:19 [tobias]
bye
12:43:20 [Zakim]
-wbailer
12:43:22 [Zakim]
-Daniel
12:43:25 [Zakim]
-florian
12:43:26 [Zakim]
- +0329331aaaa
12:43:27 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:43:28 [Zakim]
-??P2
12:43:29 [joakim]
rrsagent, make log public
12:43:32 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
12:43:35 [florian]
bye everybody
12:43:41 [joakim]
bye!
12:43:59 [joakim]
chair: Daniel
12:44:12 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:44:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
12:44:21 [Zakim]
- +46.1.07.19.aabb
12:44:22 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has ended
12:44:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0329331aaaa, +46.1.07.19.aabb, wonsuk, +43.316.876.aacc, wbailer, florian, Thierry, Daniel
12:45:10 [joakim]
title: MAWG telecon
12:45:13 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:45:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
12:45:40 [joakim]
Meeting: MAWG
12:45:44 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:45:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
12:46:04 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
12:46:04 [Zakim]
joakim, I see IA_MAWG()8:00AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be mawg".
12:46:39 [joakim]
yeah:-)
12:46:48 [joakim]
I m trying to get the title right!
12:48:27 [joakim]
not the tittle!
12:48:31 [florian]
ok ;)
12:48:48 [joakim]
Ah - now it's ok
12:49:12 [joakim]
see you in sthlm!
12:49:19 [florian]
yeah!
12:49:22 [florian]
bye bye ;)
14:02:24 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
14:50:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann