IRC log of xproc on 2009-06-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:57:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/11-xproc-irc
14:58:01 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
14:58:09 [Zakim]
+Norm
14:58:09 [Norm]
Zakim, this is xproc
14:58:10 [Zakim]
Norm, this was already XML_PMWG()11:00AM
14:58:11 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; that matches XML_PMWG()11:00AM
14:58:28 [Norm]
Norm has changed the topic to: XProc WG: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/06/11-agenda
14:58:56 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
14:58:56 [Norm]
Date: 11 June 2009
14:58:56 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/06/11-agenda
14:58:56 [Norm]
Meeting: 146
14:58:56 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
14:58:57 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
14:58:59 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
14:59:01 [Norm]
Regrets: Henry
15:00:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.028.1.aaaa
15:00:41 [Norm]
Zakim, aaaa is Vojtech
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+Vojtech; got it
15:01:48 [MoZ]
Zakim, what is the code?
15:01:48 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
15:02:29 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+MoZ
15:03:00 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:03:04 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
15:03:10 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Alex, Vojtech, Mohamed, Paul
15:04:22 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:04:22 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/06/11-agenda
15:04:30 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:04:35 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:04:36 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/05/27-minutes
15:04:43 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:04:47 [Zakim]
+[ArborText]
15:04:52 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon 18 June 2009
15:05:08 [Norm]
No regrets given
15:05:16 [Norm]
Topic: Comments on the CR draft
15:05:33 [Norm]
Norm: I'll get a new version out RSN with the new function we added.
15:05:56 [Norm]
Norm: I saw a few editorial issues on the lists, I'll try to fix those too.
15:06:23 [Norm]
Norm: I know we've all read the spec 100 times, but it would be nice to read it through one more time.
15:06:30 [Norm]
ACTION: Mohamed volunteers to read the CR draft again
15:06:46 [Norm]
Topic: Test suite coverage?
15:07:10 [Norm]
Norm: I don't have an official report, but it's definitely less than 100%
15:07:26 [Norm]
Norm: Does anyone have any ideas on how we might improve that?
15:07:54 [Norm]
-> http://tests.xproc.org/testsuite/coverage.html
15:08:23 [Norm]
Norm: Missing: escape-markup (serialization in general)
15:09:14 [Norm]
Vojtech: We also need to test p:store, probably the same way
15:10:20 [Norm]
Norm: That really can't be tested in the current test harness, it'll need to be done by comparing files on disk, I think.
15:11:04 [Norm]
Norm: Really, if you overlook the serialization options, we're not in bad shape
15:12:31 [Norm]
Mohamed: It's hard to test serialization in all cases, consider p:exec
15:12:44 [Norm]
Norm: True, but if we get good results for, say p:store, I'm willing to argue that impls are likely to get it right in the other cases.
15:12:57 [Norm]
Topic: Implementation coverage?
15:13:05 [Norm]
Norm: I think Vojtech and I are both striving for 100% coverage.
15:13:37 [Norm]
Norm: That's the bare minimum needed to declare victory.
15:13:52 [Norm]
Mohamed: I've heard of another one in google code.
15:15:07 [Norm]
Some discussion of doing XProc using GWT to get it into the browser.
15:15:26 [Norm]
Norm: Anything else to be said about implementation coverage?
15:15:29 [Norm]
None heard
15:15:37 [Norm]
Topic: Default XML Processing Model
15:15:58 [Norm]
Norm: In Henry's absence, I'm inclined to leave this until next week, but does anyone have anything they'd like to discuss?
15:16:04 [Norm]
None heard
15:16:11 [Norm]
Norm: Let's postpone this until Henry is present
15:16:19 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:16:23 [Norm]
None heard.
15:16:25 [Norm]
Adjourned.
15:16:31 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:16:31 [Norm]
RRSAgent, set logs world visible
15:16:34 [Zakim]
-PGrosso
15:16:35 [Zakim]
-Vojtech
15:16:36 [Zakim]
-Norm
15:16:36 [Zakim]
-MoZ
15:16:37 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:16:38 [Norm]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:16:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/11-xproc-minutes.html Norm
15:16:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, +1.028.1.aaaa, Vojtech, Alex_Milows, MoZ, PGrosso
15:16:44 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
15:28:06 [ht_redmond]
ht_redmond has joined #xproc
15:29:02 [ht_redmond]
Regrets, in a Web Sciencish sort-of conference at Microsoft
15:37:45 [MoZ]
ht_redmond: you already send them
15:38:15 [MoZ]
ht_redmond: I'm curious, what kind of conf it is ?
15:38:30 [MoZ]
Is there a website or something related to it ?
15:38:43 [ht_redmond]
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/events/beyondsearch2009/default.aspx
15:40:36 [MoZ]
thanks
16:07:02 [Norm]
ht_redmond, it looks interesting. Enjoy!
16:08:44 [ht_redmond]
I am
17:11:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
17:49:16 [Norm]
RRSAgent, bye
17:49:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/11-xproc-actions.rdf :
17:49:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Mohamed volunteers to read the CR draft again [1]
17:49:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/11-xproc-irc#T15-06-30