IRC log of swxg on 2009-06-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:56:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swxg
12:56:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc
12:56:25 [DKA]
hi
12:56:52 [tpa]
Scribe: Tim Anglade
12:57:01 [tpa]
ScribeNick: tpa
12:57:28 [jsalvachua]
jsalvachua has joined #swxg
12:57:39 [jsalvachua]
hello.
12:58:27 [mischat]
hello all, i am not going to make phone call today, i will be on IRC
12:58:30 [Zakim]
+ +4222aabb
12:58:32 [mischat]
apologies
12:58:44 [DKA]
zakim, what is the code?
12:58:44 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7994 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), DKA
12:58:51 [milstan]
milstan has joined #swxg
12:58:53 [Zakim]
+DKA
12:59:01 [DKA]
zakim, who is on the call?
12:59:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tpa, +1.314.683.aaaa, +4222aabb, DKA
12:59:12 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
12:59:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tpa, +1.314.683.aaaa, +4222aabb, DKA
12:59:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see milstan, jsalvachua, RRSAgent, Yuk, hhalpin, rreck, Zakim, karl, cperey, DKA, bblfish, AdamB, melvster, caribou, mischat, tpa, FabGandon, tinkster, pchampin, oshani,
12:59:14 [hawking]
hawking has joined #swxg
12:59:15 [Zakim]
... trackbot, Cloud, AlexPassant, dom
13:00:13 [tinkster]
zakim, mute me
13:00:13 [Zakim]
sorry, tinkster, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:00:14 [Zakim]
+tinkster
13:00:15 [DKA]
Chair: DKA
13:00:18 [tinkster]
zakim, mute me
13:00:19 [Zakim]
tinkster should now be muted
13:00:21 [Zakim]
+??P11
13:00:39 [Zakim]
+??P22
13:00:44 [DKA]
zakim, ??p11 is rreck
13:00:44 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
13:00:50 [tpa]
agenda+ Convene SWXG WG meeting of 2009-06-10T13:00-15:00Z
13:00:55 [Zakim]
+Carine
13:00:58 [Zakim]
- +4222aabb
13:01:03 [tpa]
agenda+ General Organization and Task Forces
13:01:04 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.549.aacc
13:01:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.931.aadd
13:01:09 [tpa]
agenda+ Optional Face-to-Face Meeting
13:01:11 [milstan]
Hi it's Milan
13:01:15 [tpa]
agenda+ Invited Guests
13:01:15 [milstan]
I'm on skype
13:01:20 [tpa]
agenda+ Creating User Stories on the Wiki
13:01:26 [tpa]
agenda+ Social Network Matrix
13:01:31 [DKA]
agenda?
13:01:32 [tpa]
agenda+ Possible Portability Task Force Meeting?: FOAF Brainstorming
13:01:43 [Zakim]
+ +4222aaee
13:01:43 [Zakim]
+ +2
13:01:45 [hawking]
Hi, do we have a skype voice conference?
13:02:02 [jsalvachua]
zakim, call aacc its me
13:02:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'call aacc its me', jsalvachua
13:02:05 [Zakim]
+pchampin
13:02:28 [Zakim]
+karl
13:02:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.498.aagg
13:02:39 [Yuk]
i just called in using skype
13:02:44 [Zakim]
+Cloud
13:02:45 [hhalpin]
Zakim, ??aagg is HarryH
13:02:46 [jsalvachua]
zakim, mute me
13:02:46 [Zakim]
sorry, hhalpin, I do not recognize a party named '??aagg'
13:02:48 [Zakim]
jsalvachua should now be muted
13:02:52 [Yuk]
+yul
13:02:53 [hhalpin]
Zakim, aagg is HarryH
13:02:53 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
13:03:05 [Yuk]
+yuk
13:03:17 [tpa]
Meeting: SWXG XG Weekly Meeting for 2009-06-10
13:03:19 [tinkster]
TOPIC: Convene SWXG WG meeting
13:03:25 [tpa]
Chair: DKA
13:03:46 [hhalpin]
Zakim, next item
13:03:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene SWXG WG meeting of 2009-06-10T13:00-15:00Z" taken up [from tpa]
13:03:52 [tpa]
DKA: meeting convened.
13:04:04 [hhalpin]
RESOLVED: to approve SWXG WG Weekly -- 3 June 2009 as a true record
13:04:22 [hhalpin]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed, 17 June. scribe volunteer?
13:04:29 [tinkster]
TOPIC: General Organization and Task Forces
13:04:54 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:04:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "General Organization and Task Forces" taken up [from tpa]
13:04:56 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #swxg
13:05:35 [tpa]
Claudio sent some emails about task forces.
13:05:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.273.aahh
13:05:58 [hhalpin]
According to our brand new Zakim list, http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/ScribeList, Phil Archer should scribe next.
13:05:59 [tpa]
DKA: Task forces need to be chartered
13:06:04 [hhalpin]
Will e-mail him a reminder.
13:06:08 [tpa]
... we need to collect information on the wiki
13:06:34 [DKA]
q?
13:06:46 [DKA]
zakim, who's noisy?
13:06:52 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:06:52 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:06:56 [Zakim]
DKA, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.781.273.aahh (25%), DKA (59%)
13:06:59 [tpa]
Harry: we should figure out which task forces want to do which meetings
13:07:19 [MacTed]
zakim, aahh is OpenLink_Software
13:07:19 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software; got it
13:07:19 [MacTed]
zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily MacTed
13:07:21 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
13:07:26 [tpa]
... schedule which conf call is dedicated to which task force
13:07:42 [tpa]
... also figure out how to handle Portability
13:07:48 [tpa]
... what could be the topics of the task forces
13:07:52 [tpa]
... maybe put that on the wiki
13:07:54 [Zakim]
+FabGandon
13:08:43 [tpa]
DKA: maybe dedicate the next call to Context and Privacy?
13:09:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.848.aaii
13:09:37 [tinkster]
echo on the line coming from somewhere?
13:09:41 [tpa]
... do some homework in the coming weeks to come up with initiatives that revolve around Context and catalog them, their level of involvement in Privacy
13:09:47 [tpa]
... we give the example of location being key
13:09:54 [cperey]
zakim, I am +1.617.848.aaii
13:09:54 [Zakim]
+cperey; got it
13:10:03 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
13:10:03 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
13:10:04 [tpa]
... they could be associated with safety of child safety issues
13:10:06 [cperey]
hi!
13:10:09 [cperey]
sorry to be late
13:10:32 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
13:10:32 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
13:10:36 [tpa]
... those could be useful to define a shared view of Context, both from an industrial and an academic perspective
13:10:44 [hhalpin]
What I'll do is I'll put the agenda format on the wiki asap so people can add context and privacy related items to agenda all over the next week.
13:11:02 [hhalpin]
ACTION: hhalpin to start putting agenda on wiki day after meeting
13:11:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-32 - Start putting agenda on wiki day after meeting [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-06-17].
13:11:08 [tpa]
... especially how they mesh with the mobile and social media spaces
13:11:18 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #swxg
13:11:40 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:11:40 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:11:41 [tpa]
DKA: requests caffeine injections into XG members
13:11:47 [cperey]
if I unmute I will only cough into the conference call :-(
13:11:48 [DKA]
ack hh
13:11:49 [hhalpin]
ack
13:12:33 [tpa]
Harry: we need to look at Renato's policy comments and ideas
13:12:46 [bblfish]
there wer a few talks on policy at the eswc spot track in crete
13:12:56 [tpa]
??: send a reading list before each confcall?
13:13:06 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/PolicyCommons
13:13:08 [bblfish]
here http://spot2009.semanticweb.org/
13:13:50 [bblfish]
here are the papers: http://spot2009.semanticweb.org/papers
13:14:00 [DKA]
q?
13:14:03 [tpa]
s/??:/Adam:/
13:14:14 [hhalpin]
For context, it would be useful if someone involved in WebApps sort of put forward a list of context-capable APIs.
13:14:33 [hhalpin]
And debriefed us on Mobile Web W3C Activity.
13:14:51 [tpa]
DKA: we should focus immediate actions and reading on Context and Privacy.
13:14:52 [rreck]
the reading links will be on the listserv or wiki?
13:15:11 [tpa]
Harry: we also need to define overall scope.
13:15:29 [hhalpin]
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~mrowe/sism.html
13:15:50 [tpa]
... regarding Portability, we already have some work going on with FOAF and vCard but we need to focuse on mapping between networks for Interoperability
13:16:12 [tpa]
Matthew: we have been looking at how functionalities in social networks overlap and can be mapped
13:16:18 [rreck]
where can i read more about the mappings?
13:16:24 [hhalpin]
Check on that web-page.
13:16:38 [tpa]
... we're looking into providing schematics on how to standardize this mapping, we're looking for feedback
13:16:43 [bblfish]
cool
13:16:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.203.276.aajj
13:16:55 [hhalpin]
I also think ASemantics had a mapping somewhere....not sure if they're on the call.
13:17:05 [tpa]
DKA: anything else also on XMPP?
13:17:41 [tpa]
Harry: yes, there's a lot of activity around Google Wave. Peter Saint Andre has accepted our invitation but we need to set a date. Maybe he can debrief us on XMPP
13:18:04 [tpa]
DKA: dedicate each call to a specific topic or task force?
13:18:35 [tpa]
... maybe for the call on the 24th, we could center it around this task force?
13:18:48 [tpa]
... But is there a charter for those task forces or a definition?
13:18:55 [tpa]
Harry: no, no leader or scoping either.
13:19:15 [hhalpin]
joaquin?
13:19:23 [tpa]
DKA: if we spin off a taskforce, we need a leader for it, could be a co-chair, should have a delivery statement
13:19:33 [jsalvachua]
i can do it
13:19:37 [tpa]
Harry: proposes Joaquin
13:19:44 [tpa]
... or Peter Ferne
13:19:53 [jsalvachua]
zakim unmute me
13:20:05 [MacTed]
Zakim, who's noisy?
13:20:10 [jsalvachua]
zakim, unmute me
13:20:10 [Zakim]
jsalvachua should no longer be muted
13:20:16 [Zakim]
MacTed, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DKA (5%), ??P22 (23%), jsalvachua (28%), +2 (38%)
13:20:17 [hhalpin]
Yes, agree that Portability needs a better scoping statement, I remember Joaquin having some good ideas.
13:20:25 [tpa]
Joaquin: I can try to do this.
13:20:38 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Portability_Architecture_TF
13:20:42 [jsalvachua]
zakim, mute me
13:20:42 [Zakim]
jsalvachua should now be muted
13:20:56 [jsalvachua]
yes. i will do it
13:21:12 [hhalpin]
ACTION: joaquin to write up draft scoping and definition for portability and architecture task force.
13:21:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - Write up draft scoping and definition for portability and architecture task force. [on joaquin Salvachua - due 2009-06-17].
13:21:42 [hhalpin]
RESOLVED: Next week about context, week after portability.
13:22:06 [DKA]
zakim, agenda?
13:22:06 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
13:22:07 [Zakim]
2. General Organization and Task Forces [from tpa]
13:22:08 [Zakim]
3. Optional Face-to-Face Meeting [from tpa]
13:22:10 [Zakim]
4. Invited Guests [from tpa]
13:22:11 [Zakim]
5. Creating User Stories on the Wiki [from tpa]
13:22:12 [tpa]
DKA: we took a decision to do the next call around Portability? We need a mission statement and a leader the Context and Privacy TF, maybe Claudio?
13:22:13 [Zakim]
6. Social Network Matrix [from tpa]
13:22:15 [Zakim]
7. Possible Portability Task Force Meeting?: FOAF Brainstorming [from tpa]
13:22:20 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:22:20 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:22:24 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
13:22:24 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, DKA
13:22:28 [cperey]
I can't talk but I can type in
13:22:29 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:22:29 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, tpa
13:22:30 [tinkster]
TOPIC: Optional Face-to-Face Meeting
13:22:37 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum?
13:22:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, DKA.
13:22:49 [tpa]
ack hhalpin
13:22:53 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:22:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Optional Face-to-Face Meeting" taken up [from tpa]
13:22:57 [rreck]
Claudio made leader in abstentia ?
13:23:24 [tpa]
Harry: propose to meet at TPAC or the Internet Identify Workshop
13:23:26 [cperey]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/November2009Events
13:23:50 [tpa]
... entrance fee is low, around $60 hotel and travel not included
13:23:58 [bblfish]
we should have a meeting
13:24:03 [caribou]
fee is $50/day
13:24:08 [cperey]
the objectives?
13:24:08 [tpa]
... Do we want to meet at TPAC?
13:24:09 [bblfish]
last one was in Europe, good to have on in USA
13:24:15 [tpa]
... Usually fun and nice.
13:24:20 [hhalpin]
The main problem is we NEED to tell W3C asap.
13:24:23 [tpa]
DKA: we need to take the W3C up on this offer
13:24:24 [bblfish]
I enjoyed the spain one
13:24:28 [hhalpin]
Which two days?
13:24:32 [hhalpin]
One meeting?
13:24:35 [hhalpin]
open meeting?
13:24:43 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:24:43 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:24:56 [tpa]
... and bring additional people from the community, participants from start-ups and other companies that may not be participating in W3C
13:25:15 [DKA]
q?
13:25:18 [DKA]
ack hh
13:25:20 [tpa]
.... but we need to communicate to W3C what our requirements are, for example a bigger room on one of the days
13:25:41 [tpa]
Harry: the main issue is really if we can get 10 people minimum there, otherwise it's not worth doing
13:25:44 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/November2009Events
13:25:54 [tpa]
... the other thing is that there is this Internet Identify Workshop running in parallel
13:26:14 [bblfish]
is the internet identity workshop at exactly the same time?
13:26:14 [tpa]
... lot of the OAuth, XRI, Facebook, Myspace people would be at that workshop.
13:26:38 [tpa]
... it runs a little shorter than TPAC and in another building down the road
13:26:48 [tpa]
... maybe pick ?? as the open day?
13:26:56 [cperey]
Frisay
13:26:59 [cperey]
Friday
13:27:01 [DKA]
1
13:27:01 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/overview.html
13:27:01 [tpa]
s/??/Friday/
13:27:09 [hhalpin]
1
13:27:10 [tpa]
DKA: who would be able to attend?
13:27:13 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #swxg
13:27:15 [AdamB]
i would likely be able to
13:27:16 [pchampin]
probably not :-(
13:27:18 [rreck]
i would like to go, but i cannot commit to it
13:27:23 [bblfish]
I'd like to, but a bit difficult to say at this point, as there are a lot of unknows with Oracle takeover between now and then
13:27:24 [tinkster]
probably not.
13:27:26 [FabGandon]
+1 for TPAC
13:27:26 [jsalvachua]
not sure, depend if i get funding from university
13:27:32 [milstan]
most likely not :(
13:27:57 [pchampin]
a few days, actually
13:28:12 [tpa]
Harry: for researchers you could work in around the Semantic Web conference in DC
13:28:36 [tpa]
[ACTION] Harry to open poll about the subject
13:28:56 [tpa]
ACTION: Harry to open poll about the subject
13:28:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Open poll about the subject [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-06-17].
13:29:05 [bblfish]
plus there should be a lot of people in the bay area
13:29:08 [bblfish]
that can come
13:29:42 [tpa]
Harry: we should move fast and book the room
13:29:52 [tpa]
... with TPAC
13:29:52 [cperey]
maybe link it to the November 2009 events wiki page
13:29:55 [hhalpin]
RESOLVED: Book a room for TPAC 2009.
13:30:23 [tpa]
Harry: Christine also proposed another idea which was to do another workshop
13:31:06 [tpa]
DKA: I see the open day at TPAC being the same thing as doing another XG workshop
13:31:14 [hhalpin]
Also, Ian Jacobs of W3C wanted to have a open day.
13:31:19 [tpa]
... it's more cost effective to do it inside TPAC
13:31:22 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:31:44 [tpa]
Harry: doing it inside TPAC fulfills other requirements as well
13:31:47 [bblfish]
hhalpin: what is the other semweb conference at the same time?
13:32:10 [DKA]
zakim, agenda?
13:32:10 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
13:32:11 [Zakim]
3. Optional Face-to-Face Meeting [from tpa]
13:32:12 [Zakim]
4. Invited Guests [from tpa]
13:32:13 [Zakim]
5. Creating User Stories on the Wiki [from tpa]
13:32:14 [Zakim]
6. Social Network Matrix [from tpa]
13:32:15 [Zakim]
7. Possible Portability Task Force Meeting?: FOAF Brainstorming [from tpa]
13:32:21 [DKA]
next agendum?
13:32:25 [tinkster]
TOPIC: Invited Guests
13:32:42 [hhalpin]
notes that for people like myself who are into the Semantic Web, International Semantic Web Conference: http://iswc2009.semanticweb.org/
13:32:48 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:32:48 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Invited Guests" taken up [from tpa]
13:33:00 [tpa]
Harry: Karl was talking to the open microblogging people
13:33:05 [lubna]
lubna has joined #swxg
13:33:37 [rreck]
zakim, lubna is +[IPcaller]
13:33:37 [Zakim]
sorry, rreck, I do not recognize a party named 'lubna'
13:33:44 [tpa]
Karl: had a mail exchange with Ivan ??, not available right now, will be back at the end of June, interested, we need to figure what we want him to talk about
13:34:02 [tinkster]
s/Ivan ??/Evan/
13:34:13 [hhalpin]
q+
13:34:14 [tpa]
... There's no issue about having him as an invited guest, we just need to work with him to define what he'll be talking to us about.
13:34:19 [DKA]
ack hh
13:34:21 [tpa]
s/Ivan??/Evan/
13:34:26 [rreck]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is lubna
13:34:26 [Zakim]
sorry, rreck, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
13:34:31 [mib_spgdtxck]
mib_spgdtxck has joined #swxg
13:34:31 [rreck]
zakim, [IPcaller] is lubna
13:34:31 [Zakim]
+lubna; got it
13:34:44 [tpa]
Harry: there are a lot of interesting subjects around microblogging, XMPP and OAuth
13:35:17 [tinkster]
SIOC is not a million miles away either.
13:35:21 [tpa]
... XMPP to do Google Wave-type microblogging, OAuth working in the back, etc.
13:35:48 [tpa]
... Asking him point blank "what do you want W3C to do with this?", why and how to standardize microblogging
13:35:55 [tpa]
... SIOC is also related
13:36:05 [Cloud]
How do I join the speaker queue again
13:36:10 [tpa]
q+ Cloud
13:36:35 [tpa]
John: I talked to Evan and the microblogging people
13:36:49 [tinkster]
Also of interest - http://wiki.sioc-project.org/index.php/IdenticaSiocData
13:37:00 [hhalpin]
http://gitorious.org/openmicroblogging/mainline/blobs/master/openmicroblogging.txt
13:37:07 [hhalpin]
john: they can ping as many microblogs to send over
13:37:15 [hhalpin]
john: data is stored using SIOC and FOAF
13:37:22 [DKA]
I came across this possibly related effort recently: http://twitterdata.org/
13:37:49 [tpa]
Harry: John, what's the relationship between open microblogging & semantic microblogging ?
13:38:03 [tpa]
John: we try to make them compatible but haven't gotten there
13:38:03 [hhalpin]
john: we wanted to allow the client/server system to work with open-microblogging
13:38:05 [tinkster]
Related to twitterdata.org - http://www.microsyntax.org/ http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/microturtle/spec
13:38:15 [hhalpin]
john: we are allowing people to embed semantics inside microblogs themselves
13:38:30 [hhalpin]
... but we can allow the micrblogged content distributed across different sites
13:38:53 [hhalpin]
... we could use twitterdata, starpriority, microsyntax, which look at embedding RDF or microformat-like semantic syntax into microblog posts
13:39:16 [tpa]
Harry: sounds like there's 2 distincts things going on
13:39:41 [tpa]
... 1) is transfer of the messages and 2) how to embed semantics inside a message
13:39:59 [mattroweshow]
smob looked at the embedding of semantics
13:40:10 [tpa]
... maybe do a separate call on (2) later on? Could be a productive meeting to have?
13:40:33 [tinkster]
http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/microturtle/spec is my RDF-in-microblogging idea. It's a bit crazy, but works.
13:40:47 [hhalpin]
http://www.microsyntax.org/
13:40:50 [tpa]
DKA: if anybody has any contact working on Twitter data, microsyntax efforts, etc. it would be nice to have them on the 1st of July call
13:41:00 [hhalpin]
That is more "microformats for microblogs"
13:41:20 [Cloud]
Thanks tinkster!
13:41:26 [tpa]
ACTION: Karl to follow up with Evan, see if that date works.
13:41:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-35 - Follow up with Evan, see if that date works. [on Karl Dubost - due 2009-06-17].
13:41:28 [tinkster]
Also relevant - http://microformats.org/wiki/picoformats
13:41:48 [hhalpin]
RDF could be considered a kiloformat :)
13:41:57 [tinkster]
I think pico is as small as anyone's gone so far.
13:42:00 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:42:00 [Zakim]
I see Cloud, hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:42:08 [DKA]
ack hh
13:42:23 [tpa]
Harry: we haven't actually included XMPP or DataPortability folks yet
13:42:26 [tinkster]
http://microformats.org/wiki/twitter-nanoformats (a thousand times bigger than picoformats?)
13:42:28 [Cloud]
Also http://civilities.net/Star_Priority_Notation
13:42:49 [tpa]
... maybe continue that action and try to get them on the line
13:42:57 [hhalpin]
http://m2bp.pbworks.com/
13:43:03 [hhalpin]
Media 2.0 Best Practices
13:43:11 [hhalpin]
Its mostly a sort manifesto about user rights over data.
13:44:06 [tpa]
ACTION: Harry to make DKA's day [RESOLVED]
13:44:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-36 - Make DKA's day [RESOLVED] [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-06-17].
13:44:18 [hhalpin]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Renato and DanBri and hhalpin to schedule DataPortability.org/XMPP
13:45:06 [hhalpin]
Update from hajons or cperey, or continue actions?
13:45:08 [cperey]
it is just part of the Invited Guests list
13:45:32 [hhalpin]
[CONTINUE] ACTION: hakon to ask Terry Eagle and Sandy Pentland for guest telecon
13:45:34 [Zakim]
- +1.510.931.aadd
13:45:42 [tpa]
Zakim, who's making noise?
13:46:03 [DKA]
zakim, agenda?
13:46:04 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
13:46:04 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:46:05 [Zakim]
4. Invited Guests [from tpa]
13:46:06 [Zakim]
5. Creating User Stories on the Wiki [from tpa]
13:46:07 [Zakim]
6. Social Network Matrix [from tpa]
13:46:08 [Zakim]
7. Possible Portability Task Force Meeting?: FOAF Brainstorming [from tpa]
13:46:12 [Zakim]
tpa, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +2 (55%)
13:46:16 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, tpa
13:46:18 [tinkster]
TOPIC: Creating User Stories on the Wiki
13:46:26 [tpa]
q?
13:46:40 [tpa]
q- Cloud
13:46:41 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:46:46 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Creating User Stories on the Wiki" taken up [from tpa]
13:47:07 [tpa]
DKA: people have been listing and annotating user stories
13:47:11 [rreck]
i agree we should refine the userstories
13:47:16 [tpa]
... is it worth assigning an editor to those?
13:47:20 [hhalpin]
+1 for editor or two editors to user stories
13:47:20 [AdamB]
+1 on focused discussion of user stories
13:47:27 [tpa]
... Could be good to add some consistency to them.
13:47:37 [rreck]
+1 focused discussion
13:47:37 [cperey]
or create a new one
13:47:44 [cperey]
at a different day/time
13:47:45 [tpa]
Harry: If someone could take responsibility for this, that'd be great, then we could take a telecon to discuss them.
13:47:56 [tpa]
DKA: has anybody been particularly active with the user stories?
13:47:58 [hhalpin]
ACTION: hhalpin to make a calendar of topics for upcoming Social Web XGs
13:47:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-37 - Make a calendar of topics for upcoming Social Web XGs [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-06-17].
13:48:34 [tinkster]
1st July Semantic Microblogging ++
13:48:34 [tpa]
DKA: if the 1st of July is too soon for a microblogging call, maybe dedicate it instead to user stories?
13:48:42 [lubna]
+1 focused discussion
13:48:43 [tpa]
DKA: anybody in playing an editorial role on user stories?
13:48:47 [cperey]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories
13:49:00 [rreck]
not all at once
13:49:17 [hhalpin]
Tim Anglade volunteers to edit stories?
13:49:44 [hhalpin]
Tim Anglade volunteers!
13:49:51 [tpa]
Tim: volunteers, but not very involved with stories so far, would accept help.
13:50:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.931.aakk
13:50:13 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:50:13 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:50:21 [tpa]
ACTION: Tim to W3C-style "edit" user stories on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories
13:50:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-38 - W3C-style "edit" user stories on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories [on Tim Anglade - due 2009-06-17].
13:50:28 [bblfish]
ah we are on user stories
13:51:03 [FabGandon]
I can be co-editor with Tim if he wants help.
13:51:13 [tpa]
DKA: we need to come up with an action plan or set of recommendations about what we like, or what we need to fill the next ones correctly
13:51:18 [hhalpin]
Fabien Gandon
13:51:20 [tpa]
... would be useful from an editorial perspective
13:51:35 [tpa]
Fabien: volunteers to co-edit the user stories with Tim.
13:51:45 [bblfish]
yes there is a lot of difference between the User Stories. Some of them are very simple, some are extreemly long and complex
13:52:09 [tpa]
Harry: with the Matrix, Christine was asking why we were drafting yet another list of Social Networks
13:52:33 [rreck]
ED ?
13:52:35 [tpa]
s/Matrix/matrix/
13:53:12 [tpa]
DKA: annotate the stories on the same page to see how people interact with social media
13:53:26 [tpa]
... one of the outputs of that is something that could be digestable by a non-technical audience
13:53:46 [tpa]
... and here's how they map with the technologies out of the community
13:53:54 [hhalpin]
+1
13:54:14 [bblfish]
yes, I wonder if info about the US should be on the same page as the technologies that can be used to implement them
13:54:35 [tpa]
DKA: the matrix should be next to the user stories. Maybe figure that out on July 1st
13:55:06 [tpa]
... during the call, live edit the wiki page and structure it all out.
13:55:37 [hhalpin]
Sounds good to me.
13:55:43 [cperey]
do you intend to link use cases with specific community services?
13:55:44 [tinkster]
TOPIC: Social Network Matrix
13:55:56 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:55:56 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, tpa
13:55:58 [tpa]
q?
13:56:01 [tpa]
q- hhalpin
13:56:03 [tpa]
move to next agendum
13:56:03 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Social Network Matrix" taken up [from tpa]
13:56:16 [cperey]
sorry, no voice
13:56:26 [tpa]
Harry: Christine was talking about the matrix, Christine?
13:56:41 [cperey]
but the theme has been that we need to have more definitions
13:56:48 [cperey]
at least that was a question I asked
13:56:52 [cperey]
what was "in" and why
13:57:01 [bblfish]
the danger of a matrix is that it max show us what exists currently, but not show where to go. Or the past may overwhelm the future
13:57:07 [tinkster]
i.e. how do we define "Social Network"?
13:57:08 [cperey]
the list could be infinite
13:57:16 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/TopSocialNetworkingSites
13:57:24 [bblfish]
I find the user stories more interesting
13:57:26 [tpa]
also, it's hard to figure out where to put some initiatives in the matrices I've seen so far
13:57:41 [cperey]
agree entirely
13:57:51 [AdamB]
could one of the sections (in the wiki / final report) be about looking forward
13:58:18 [tpa]
DKA: my interest is not so much in the popular community services, but the community services that are kind of popping up
13:58:22 [cperey]
I will sign off in 1.5 minutes
13:58:30 [tpa]
... but it's a moving target, so it's hard to keep a document up-to-date for that
13:58:35 [bblfish]
but, of course, it is good to have a list of sites, as a basis to develop ideas on how they could leverage a social web to make it easier for their users
13:58:39 [mattroweshow]
So is the idea of the matrix to show the specific functionalities that are similar and different on different social networking sites?
13:58:42 [Zakim]
- +2
13:59:12 [DKA]
http://uk.techcrunch.com/2009/02/27/oslo-accord-pushes-location-sharing-between-social-networks/
13:59:45 [tpa]
DKA: other thoughts on the matrix, maybe do a review, add some additional information?
14:00:00 [Zakim]
-cperey
14:00:05 [tpa]
Harry: no one wants to do that (apparently)
14:00:43 [tpa]
... From the use case document, we could extract functionalities, potential functionalities and do other matrices by other definitions
14:01:12 [tpa]
... list them by website, to be able to compare
14:01:19 [bblfish]
agree with hhalpin
14:01:23 [tpa]
... Sort of an empirical grounding of the functionality that we want
14:01:25 [pchampin]
+1
14:01:28 [mattroweshow]
+1
14:01:42 [jsalvachua]
+1
14:01:56 [tpa]
... Maybe exhibit popular networks that, as it turns out, don't offer much in the way of functionalities, etc.
14:01:57 [rreck]
+1
14:01:59 [hhalpin]
it's a bit of a ltater process.
14:02:18 [hhalpin]
it's a bit of a later process, it's less important than the user stories and best practices.
14:02:22 [tpa]
DKA: if we can find data that shows these companies or services open themselves up, use those particular technologies and have been reporting success
14:02:30 [hhalpin]
but I thought we could at least get the matrix together.
14:02:33 [mattroweshow]
could allow ranking of sns by adoption of standards?
14:02:42 [tpa]
... Show they don't do it just because it's open but because it brings success, it could be a good argument
14:02:44 [hhalpin]
+1 matthew
14:02:52 [rreck]
it would be nice to see which userstories could apply to which networking sites
14:02:54 [tpa]
... We should be collecting that information as well, from an industry perspective
14:03:13 [mattroweshow]
+1 rreck
14:03:19 [bblfish]
the matrix gives a background picture of what is happening. So in some ideas one can look at what the sites do and then imagine how one could do the same in an open web
14:03:24 [tpa]
Harry: the user stories could be important as well, by the time our guidelines emerge from those use cases, we'd have enough to boostrap a list
14:03:33 [hhalpin]
Shall we adjourn meeting?
14:03:33 [tpa]
DKA: we need to end the call
14:03:41 [tpa]
DKA: move to adjourn
14:03:41 [tinkster]
bye all!
14:03:46 [Cloud]
Thanks everyone - bye!
14:03:54 [hhalpin]
Adjourn meeting
14:03:58 [Zakim]
-tinkster
14:03:59 [Zakim]
-karl
14:04:00 [AdamB]
thanks, adios
14:04:04 [Zakim]
-FabGandon
14:04:05 [bblfish]
is this all for today? I thought it was going on for 2 hours
14:04:06 [lubna]
thanks
14:04:07 [tpa]
DKA: next call will be about Context
14:04:11 [jsalvachua]
bye
14:04:11 [Zakim]
-DKA
14:04:14 [tpa]
Zakim, bye
14:04:14 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were tpa, +1.314.683.aaaa, +4222aabb, DKA, tinkster, rreck, Carine, +34.91.549.aacc, +1.510.931.aadd, +4222aaee, +2, pchampin, karl,
14:04:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swxg
14:04:17 [Zakim]
... +1.425.498.aagg, jsalvachua, Cloud, HarryH, +1.781.273.aahh, MacTed, FabGandon, +1.617.848.aaii, cperey, +1.203.276.aajj, lubna, +1.510.931.aakk
14:04:41 [mattroweshow]
cya
14:04:41 [hhalpin]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:04:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-minutes.html hhalpin
14:04:55 [hhalpin]
tinkter - did you get CVS access?
14:05:04 [jsalvachua]
jsalvachua has left #swxg
14:05:15 [tinkster]
Don't think so.
14:06:14 [tinkster1]
tinkster1 has joined #swxg
14:06:59 [bblfish]
oh well, that gives me time to work on my next conf call
14:07:09 [pchampin]
:)
14:07:14 [pchampin]
same here...
14:07:33 [caribou]
caribou has left #swxg
14:08:06 [bblfish]
I am thinking we should spend some time just going through the use cases we have
14:08:26 [bblfish]
cleaning them up. Perhaps that was part of the agenda anyhow
14:08:29 [rreck]
i think seeing what they have in common is important
14:09:46 [MacTed]
bblfish - I think ACTION-38 is the clean-up
14:09:59 [tpa]
rrsagent, make log public
14:10:18 [hhalpin]
Will go through minutes later today and send them out.
14:10:20 [bblfish]
ah ok, keep me in the loop on that please
14:10:32 [bblfish]
(in action 38)
14:11:12 [tpa]
RRSAgent, bye
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-actions.rdf :
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: hhalpin to start putting agenda on wiki day after meeting [1]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-11-02
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: joaquin to write up draft scoping and definition for portability and architecture task force. [2]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-21-12
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Harry to open poll about the subject [3]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-28-56
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Karl to follow up with Evan, see if that date works. [4]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-41-26
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Harry to make DKA's day [RESOLVED] [5]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-44-06
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: hhalpin to make a calendar of topics for upcoming Social Web XGs [6]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-47-58
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tim to W3C-style "edit" user stories on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories [7]
14:11:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-swxg-irc#T13-50-21