IRC log of pling on 2009-06-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:07:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #pling
12:07:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-irc
12:07:20 [rigo]
rrsagent, please set log public
12:07:31 [rigo]
zakim, this is pling
12:07:31 [Zakim]
ok, rigo; that matches P3P_PLING()8:00AM
12:07:38 [rigo]
zakim, who is here?
12:07:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, +358.504.87aaaa, +0496221434aabb, +49.896.004.aacc
12:07:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, rigo, assadarat, renato
12:07:49 [Zakim]
+Lalana
12:07:53 [rigo]
zakim, code?
12:07:53 [Zakim]
the conference code is 75464 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), rigo
12:08:28 [Zakim]
+Rigo
12:09:00 [jgirao]
jgirao has joined #pling
12:09:01 [rigo]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/Policy/pling/wiki/2009-06-10
12:09:05 [rigo]
chair: renato
12:09:09 [rigo]
scribe: rigo
12:09:15 [rigo]
scribenick: rigo
12:09:55 [rigo]
present+ rigo, renato, hannes
12:11:03 [rigo]
present+ Lalana, Andreas, Joao_Girao
12:11:29 [lkagal]
lkagal has joined #pling
12:13:11 [rigo]
action: rigo and Renato to follow up with media annotation group for policy integration --PENDING
12:14:04 [rigo]
agenda+ media annotations
12:14:22 [rigo]
Topic: Geolocation Privacy
12:15:33 [rigo]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/
12:20:37 [rigo]
HT: it is more than API, it is collecting location data from local sensor sending location data to server
12:20:45 [matheusa]
matheusa has joined #pling
12:21:27 [rigo]
RW: if no UI..
12:21:47 [rigo]
HT: than it is even more of a problem as you can't ask for consent
12:22:44 [rigo]
HT: latitude and fire eagle are all about presence
12:24:34 [rigo]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Jun/0003.html
12:26:03 [rigo]
HT: once you have collected geodata, you need a sticky policy
12:27:44 [renato]
action: HT to send link on sticky policies to list
12:28:30 [rigo]
HT: Geopriv started to draft a new document to explain geopriv on a high level
12:32:56 [rigo]
HT: some fancy negotiations were proposed, but geolocation WG reluctant to even implement most basic privacy tools
12:34:23 [rigo]
HT: some provided example specification and implementation, so its not so complicated
12:35:00 [rigo]
HT: some want to collect all information as it is valuable and don't want to deal with the complicated privacy stuff
12:39:06 [rigo]
LK: will need some damage before they are eager to pedal back
12:41:12 [rigo]
RW: it is like cookies
12:41:31 [rigo]
HT: it is the same, so many of them and not want to ask ever again
12:46:06 [lkagal]
Alessandra Toninelli, Ora Lassila, Deepali Khushraj, and Rebecca Montanari: What's on Users' Minds? Empowering Smart Phones with a Socially-Aware Policy Model. IEEE Pervasive Computing, Special Issue on Smarter Phones, April 2009.
12:46:32 [Zakim]
- +0496221434aabb
12:51:37 [rigo]
agenda?
12:54:29 [rigo]
RI: report from Social Web XG and relations to PLING. SC XG will form privacy task force eventually that should also talk to PLING
12:54:42 [rigo]
zakim, next agendum
12:54:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "media annotations" taken up [from rigo]
12:58:21 [rigo]
zakim, who is making noise
12:58:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', rigo
12:58:24 [rigo]
zakim, who is making noise?
12:58:35 [Zakim]
rigo, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P3 (4%), +358.504.87aaaa (50%), +49.896.004.aacc (74%), Rigo (15%)
12:58:42 [rigo]
zakim, drop aacc
12:58:42 [Zakim]
+49.896.004.aacc is being disconnected
12:58:46 [Zakim]
- +49.896.004.aacc
12:59:43 [rigo]
action: Rigo and Renato to create wiki page for offical requirement to media annotation wg requiring URI ref mechanism for policy
13:02:16 [rigo]
next call 8 july 2009
13:02:30 [Zakim]
-Rigo
13:02:31 [Zakim]
-??P3
13:02:32 [Zakim]
- +358.504.87aaaa
13:02:34 [Zakim]
-Lalana
13:02:36 [Zakim]
P3P_PLING()8:00AM has ended
13:02:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were +358.504.87aaaa, +0496221434aabb, +49.896.004.aacc, Lalana, Rigo
13:02:38 [rigo]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:02:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-minutes.html rigo
13:02:53 [rigo]
rrsagent, bye
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-actions.rdf :
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: rigo and Renato to follow up with media annotation group for policy integration --PENDING [1]
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-irc#T12-13-11
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: HT to send link on sticky policies to list [2]
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-irc#T12-27-44
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Rigo and Renato to create wiki page for offical requirement to media annotation wg requiring URI ref mechanism for policy [3]
13:02:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-pling-irc#T12-59-43
13:03:03 [rigo]
zakim, bye
13:03:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #pling