IRC log of mediaann on 2009-06-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:01:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:01:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-mediaann-irc
12:01:19 [joakim]
chair: Joakim
12:02:07 [Zakim]
+wonsuk
12:02:50 [joakim]
regrets: chris
12:02:51 [Zakim]
+ +0436991876aacc
12:03:17 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:03:48 [joakim]
zakim, 0436991876aacc is werner
12:03:48 [Zakim]
sorry, joakim, I do not recognize a party named '0436991876aacc'
12:03:54 [joakim]
zakim, aacc is werner
12:03:54 [Zakim]
+werner; got it
12:03:59 [veroniqueM]
hi! I will not be able to join on the phone, other meetings going on at the same time, but I will follow on IRC
12:04:09 [joakim]
hi welcome!
12:04:59 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
12:05:42 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:05:42 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose werner
12:05:50 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:05:50 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose +46.1.07.19.aabb
12:06:11 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:06:11 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose ??P0
12:06:32 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:06:32 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose ??P1
12:07:16 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:07:33 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
12:07:41 [florian]
scribe: florian
12:07:43 [joakim]
Scribe: Florian
12:08:06 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-mediaann-minutes.html
12:08:25 [florian]
minutes accepted
12:08:40 [florian]
next telecon: 16.06
12:09:18 [Zakim]
+??P13
12:09:22 [florian]
no telecon at 23.06. because of he F2F in Stockholm
12:10:10 [Zakim]
+ +95177aadd
12:10:18 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jun/0018.html
12:10:22 [pchampin]
zakim, aadd is me
12:10:22 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
12:10:48 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jun/0018.html
12:11:19 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
12:12:10 [florian]
ACTION-43: ongoing
12:12:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-43 Check XMP rating notes added
12:12:24 [florian]
ACTION-47: ongoing
12:12:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-47 And Frank to investiage existing approach for setting metadata on a "metamodel level" (or "ontology level") notes added
12:14:32 [florian]
Joakim: wants to know the meaning of Action-105
12:15:06 [florian]
Wonsuk: coming up with some vocabulary, terminology, ...
12:15:30 [florian]
ACTION-105: ongoing
12:15:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 Daniel to ask members for the definition of contributor types notes added
12:16:22 [florian]
Joakim: is not sure whether the requirements document is updated as mentioned in Action-121
12:16:55 [florian]
Thierry: allready updated
12:17:34 [florian]
Joakim: there are linking problems to the right version of the document
12:17:45 [pchampin]
shouldn't the link point to the "latest version" URI?
12:18:01 [florian]
Thierry: make the change
12:18:38 [daniel]
linked page in MAWG page is 20090119 version, so needs to be updated in our web page
12:18:57 [florian]
ACTION-121: ongoing
12:18:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-121 Remind doug to publish requirements document notes added
12:19:12 [florian]
ACTION-122: close
12:19:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-122 Talk to with Phillipe about the delay of the publication notes added
12:19:34 [florian]
close ACTION-122
12:19:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-122 Talk to with Phillipe about the delay of the publication closed
12:20:05 [florian]
next item: Initial draft of "Ontology for Media Entity 1.0"
12:20:23 [florian]
Wonsuk: veronique applied comments to the initial document
12:20:36 [wonsuk]
http://tinyurl.com/m4vlrj
12:20:53 [tmichel]
Use Cases and Requirements link on http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/
12:21:23 [florian]
Wonsuk: change of the title of section 2
12:21:52 [florian]
... added "complex" property value type
12:21:56 [tmichel]
... now updated to http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-annot-reqs-20090604
12:22:22 [florian]
... introduction changed to the comments of veronique
12:23:03 [veroniqueM]
I also changed other sections...
12:23:14 [florian]
... moved the mapping expression
12:23:16 [veroniqueM]
according to the proposition I sent on the mailing list last week
12:23:58 [florian]
... all the differences can be found in http://tinyurl.com/m4vlrj
12:24:21 [florian]
Joakim: Section 3.2. only a table with editorial notes?
12:24:34 [florian]
Wonsuk: should we add descriptions?
12:26:07 [florian]
... descriptions should be added in a second version
12:26:18 [florian]
joakim: this section only a placeholder?
12:26:44 [florian]
felix: columns in the tables are missing (semantic mapping)
12:26:56 [florian]
... syntactic level mapping are missing
12:27:48 [joakim]
zakim, who is noisy?
12:27:59 [Zakim]
joakim, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +049851509aaaa (45%), werner (64%), Felix (15%), Thierry (10%)
12:28:14 [joakim]
mute aaaa
12:28:23 [florian]
Werner: first looking at standards (for datatypes), than adopt thema, than specify the mapping
12:28:29 [pchampin]
zakim, mute aaaa
12:28:29 [Zakim]
+049851509aaaa should now be muted
12:29:00 [florian]
zakim, aaaa is me
12:29:00 [Zakim]
+florian; got it
12:31:00 [florian]
Felix: we need syntactic level mapping
12:31:21 [florian]
... accordiung datatypes in existing formats
12:31:56 [pchampin]
or "comma separated list of values" vs. actual multiple values
12:32:46 [florian]
Felix: extending the information in a similar way in a next draft like in CableLabs 1.1
12:33:42 [fsasaki]
action - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table
12:33:42 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - -
12:34:37 [joakim]
werner?
12:35:23 [florian]
Werner: agrees with the need for choosing the datatypes based on used datatypes in other standards
12:35:28 [joakim]
+1
12:35:29 [tobias]
+1 for Werner
12:35:37 [florian]
Felix: +1 for Werner
12:35:39 [florian]
+1
12:35:44 [wonsuk]
+1
12:35:50 [pchampin]
+1
12:36:13 [florian]
action: Felix to check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table
12:36:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-124 - Check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-06-16].
12:37:07 [florian]
joakim: is this version of ontology draft close for publishment?
12:37:26 [florian]
Wonsuk: initial version of mapping table should be checked by Thierry
12:37:48 [daniel]
let's go for the publication as quick as possible to get further feedbacks from outside experts
12:37:56 [florian]
+1 for daniel
12:39:03 [florian]
Thierry: will check the document and discuss it offline with Wonsuk
12:39:57 [florian]
Joakim: publishment of the document possible till friday?
12:40:11 [florian]
... document needs to be varified by the w3c
12:40:26 [florian]
???: different things to do in order to publish
12:40:39 [florian]
... xhtml validation
12:40:39 [tobias]
tobias has joined #mediaann
12:40:49 [florian]
... no broken links in the document
12:41:29 [florian]
... comeing up with a list of TODOs on the ontology draft
12:41:48 [florian]
... publications only on tuesday and thursday (request one day before)
12:43:03 [pchampin]
s/???/Thierry
12:43:23 [tobias]
tobias has joined #mediaann
12:44:18 [florian]
Joakim: after Thierries comments we will publish the document
12:44:53 [florian]
Joakim: make recordings for an improvement of the first version of the ontology doc
12:45:52 [florian]
Werner: the last comment of veronique remainded on the discussion of the last F2F where we thought about several layers of complexity
12:45:59 [florian]
+1 for Werner
12:46:03 [fsasaki]
+1 to werner
12:46:16 [florian]
... better uzsage for reasoning and usability
12:47:12 [florian]
... add note that more formal defintiions will come up in next versions of the draft, oerhaps in the introduction or ion the property section list
12:47:49 [florian]
Wonsuk: agrees with Werner, add this description to the property section
12:49:11 [florian]
unmute me
12:49:16 [florian]
Zakim, unmute me
12:49:16 [Zakim]
florian should no longer be muted
12:50:54 [florian]
action: Florian make wiki page for the improvements of the ontology document (type column, ...)
12:50:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-125 - Make wiki page for the improvements of the ontology document (type column, ...) [on Florian Stegmaier - due 2009-06-16].
12:52:32 [florian]
Florian: will try to summarize rthe open issues in a wiki page for the F2F in Stockholm
12:54:26 [florian]
Felix: wants to define a serialization for properties
12:54:46 [florian]
Joakim: out of scope from the goals of our group
12:55:17 [joakim]
s/ Joakim Werner
12:55:45 [wonsuk]
s/Joakim/Werner
12:55:52 [joakim]
no problem :-)
12:56:47 [Zakim]
-werner
12:56:55 [fsasaki]
Felix: I am worried that others will just define one or several serializations, so better we do it before
12:57:31 [joakim]
AOBs?
12:57:35 [fsasaki]
Felix: functionality for setting properties in existing formats and their serialization might not always possible
12:57:51 [Zakim]
-??P1
12:57:54 [Zakim]
-florian
12:57:54 [pchampin]
bye
12:57:56 [Zakim]
-Felix
12:57:56 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:57:59 [wonsuk]
bye~
12:57:59 [Zakim]
-??P0
12:58:03 [Zakim]
-pchampin
12:58:06 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann
12:58:19 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
12:58:32 [joakim]
thanks editors for the good work!
12:59:00 [joakim]
yeahm you did good
12:59:11 [joakim]
s/yeahm/yeah
12:59:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:59:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:59:43 [joakim]
Then you should email the link to the list please!
13:00:14 [joakim]
ok thanks, see you!
13:00:30 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
13:00:32 [Zakim]
- +46.1.07.19.aabb
13:00:37 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has ended
13:00:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were +049851509aaaa, +46.1.07.19.aabb, wonsuk, +0436991876aacc, werner, Thierry, Felix, +95177aadd, pchampin, florian
13:01:03 [florian]
bye everybody!
13:01:07 [florian]
have a nice week!
13:01:16 [fsasaki]
present: daniel, florian, werner, joakim, tmichel, tobias, veronique, felix, wonsuk, pchampin
13:01:23 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
13:01:30 [fsasaki]
chair: joakim
13:01:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/06/09-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
15:00:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
15:22:32 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #mediaann
15:50:04 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #mediaann