IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-06-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:57:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/04-wai-wcag-irc
19:57:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:57:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:57:35 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 57 minutes ago
19:57:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:57:36 [trackbot]
Date: 04 June 2009
19:57:54 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009AprJun/0046.html
19:58:20 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Issues for 04 June 2009 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090604misc/
19:58:41 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Action items http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/Group/track/actions/open
19:59:26 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Public comments in need of response http://tinyurl.com/pmkpok
19:59:55 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:56 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
20:01:01 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:01:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.512 is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:01:35 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:01:36 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:01:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aabb
20:01:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P5 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:01:55 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:02:01 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
20:02:01 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:02:28 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:02:33 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, Oracle is James_Nurthen
20:02:44 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:02:47 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:11 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:03:19 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:03:21 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:28 [Ben]
zakim, ??P3 is Ben_Caldwell
20:03:28 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:03:30 [Zakim]
+Danny
20:03:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, Danny is Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:53 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid; got it
20:04:27 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.373.aacc
20:04:48 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.415 is Sofia_Celic
20:04:48 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
20:04:56 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:05:05 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:05:05 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:24 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:03 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:07:03 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Miscellaneous Issues for 04 June 2009 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20090604misc/" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:08:03 [Tim]
Topic: Announcements/Questions
20:09:28 [Tim]
Resolution: Next meeting June 25
20:11:05 [Tim]
..and following meeting July 2 as normal
20:11:50 [Tim]
Topic: Miscellaneous Issues for 04 June 2009
20:12:28 [Tim]
Topic: Accessibility Support policy for sufficient techniques
20:14:53 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:16:50 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:07 [Loretta]
Accessibility support for sufficient techniques differs for different languages and audiences; these techniques are only sufficient when they have accessibility support.
20:59:05 [Tim]
Resolution: ack Bruce
20:59:15 [Loretta]
Accessibility support for sufficient techniques may vary across languages; these techniques are only sufficient when they have accessibility support.
20:59:18 [Tim]
ack Bruce
21:00:26 [Loretta]
Each numbered item in this section represents a technique or combination of techniques that the WCAG Working Group deems sufficient for meeting this Success Criterion. The techniques listed only satisfy the Success Criterion if all of the WCAG 2.0 conformance requirements have been met.
21:01:51 [Tim]
Action: Loretta and Christophe to work on additional boilerplate language about accessibility support
21:01:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - And Christophe to work on additional boilerplate language about accessibility support [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2009-06-11].
21:04:18 [Tim]
Resolution: amend proposal to say "A technique must have accessibility support from at least one OS/browser/AT combination before the working group would consider listing it as a sufficient technique."
21:04:45 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:05:39 [Tim]
Topic: Accessibility Support policy for sufficient techniques not applied retroactively
21:05:50 [Tim]
Resolution: accepted as proposed
21:06:13 [Tim]
Topic: Comments on ATAG
21:15:57 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:16:12 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:25:48 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:26:05 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:32:13 [Tim]
Resolution: take Bruce's comments on functional equivalence and signficant editorial issues and Ben's comment on styling and submit as WG comments on ATAG
21:32:45 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:32:46 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:32:46 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:32:47 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:32:48 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:32:49 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:32:49 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:32:50 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:32:52 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:32:54 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:32:55 [Ben]
Ben has left #wai-wcag
21:32:56 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:32:58 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:33:00 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:33:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, +1.512.286.aaaa, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow-Weaver, +1.443.415.aabb, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bruce_Bailey, James_Nurthen, Tim_Boland, Ben_Caldwell,
21:33:05 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +1.415.373.aacc, Sofia_Celic, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald
21:48:31 [Andi]
Andi has left #wai-wcag
21:48:40 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag