IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-05-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:54:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
18:54:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/05/26-ws-ra-irc
18:54:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:54:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
18:54:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
18:54:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM scheduled to start in 36 minutes
18:54:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
18:54:50 [trackbot]
Date: 26 May 2009
19:04:11 [Paul]
Paul has joined #ws-ra
19:17:32 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
19:17:57 [Bob]
rrsagent. generate minutes
19:18:03 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:18:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/26-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
19:18:34 [Bob]
trackbot, start conference
19:18:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:18:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:18:39 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
19:18:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:18:40 [trackbot]
Date: 26 May 2009
19:18:48 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:18:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/26-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
19:19:16 [Bob]
chair: Bob Freund
19:24:32 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009May/0171.html
19:25:19 [DaveS]
DaveS has joined #ws-ra
19:27:14 [li]
li has joined #ws-ra
19:27:24 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
19:28:17 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
19:28:51 [Geoff]
Geoff has joined #ws-ra
19:28:54 [TomRutt]
TomRutt has joined #ws-ra
19:29:06 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has now started
19:29:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.921.aaaa
19:29:50 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
19:30:04 [Zakim]
+ +0207827aabb
19:30:07 [Zakim]
+Mark_Little
19:30:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
19:30:33 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:30:38 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
19:31:05 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
19:31:14 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
19:31:41 [Zakim]
+ +0192670aacc
19:32:03 [Zakim]
+Gilbert
19:32:07 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
19:32:14 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
19:32:16 [fmaciel]
fmaciel has joined #ws-ra
19:32:28 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
19:33:24 [Zakim]
+Yves
19:34:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.202.aadd
19:36:28 [Bob]
scribe: Paul Nolan
19:36:38 [Bob]
scribenick: Paul
19:36:59 [Paul]
Approval of Agenda
19:38:04 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
19:38:16 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:38:51 [Paul]
Katy asks if we can touch on 5920
19:39:08 [Paul]
Added to agenda 5920
19:39:10 [Bob]
s/5920/6920
19:39:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aaee
19:39:54 [Paul]
Reqquest to change date of Sept F2F
19:39:59 [asir]
5920?
19:40:06 [dug]
6920
19:40:16 [Paul]
6920 yes
19:40:33 [asir]
s/5920/6920/g
19:40:39 [Paul]
Agenda accepted
19:40:49 [Paul]
Minutes 19th May
19:41:00 [Paul]
No objectioms - approved
19:41:02 [Zakim]
+Fred
19:41:03 [Zakim]
- +1.408.202.aadd
19:42:17 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43088/200906F2FReg/
19:42:20 [Paul]
call for attendees for June F2F
19:43:15 [Paul]
TOPIC: Change date for Sept F2F
19:43:56 [Paul]
request from Dave to move 2 weeks out
19:44:34 [Katy]
29th - 1st October proposed
19:45:44 [dug]
LOL Bob is planning Ashok's vacation
19:46:04 [Paul]
Agreed to move date
19:47:11 [TomRutt]
q+
19:47:28 [Bob]
New f2f date is Sep 29-Oct 1
19:47:37 [Bob]
Nov TPAC http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/overview.html
19:48:27 [Bob]
ack tom
19:50:19 [Paul]
Not much gap between Sept meeting and the November one
19:50:57 [Geoff]
q+
19:51:06 [Bob]
ack geoff
19:52:54 [Paul]
Geoff: travel approval may be a problem
19:53:44 [Geoff]
q+
19:54:07 [Paul]
TOPIC: snapshot
19:54:14 [Bob]
ack geo
19:54:37 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
19:55:04 [Paul]
Geoff: withdraws new issue
19:55:43 [Paul]
All issues accepted
19:57:05 [Paul]
Bob: which snapshot shall we use for June F2F?
19:58:36 [Paul]
Bob: By 17 June heartbeat publication needed
20:00:04 [dug]
does the NS change?
20:00:31 [Paul]
Bob: Suggests we publish next version as public working draft
20:00:46 [asir]
Yes the namespace name will change
20:01:02 [dug]
is that someone the editor's will do or will yves?
20:01:08 [dug]
s/editor's/editors/
20:01:35 [dug]
thanks
20:02:03 [Paul]
May snapshot is public working draft
20:02:12 [dug]
s/someone/something/
20:02:13 [dug]
geez
20:02:21 [Geoff]
Microsoft will need to submit formal objection by first week of June to be weaved into status section of second public working draft
20:03:19 [Paul]
TOPIC: 6401
20:04:39 [Paul]
wu: meeting Thur. Shared proposal with team. Please have a look
20:05:47 [Katy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009May/0170.html
20:07:30 [Zakim]
-Mark_Little
20:07:50 [Paul]
Gil:issue. Formatting of wrapped and raw notifications. Suggest using a WSDL and Mex to describe formatting of notification
20:08:49 [Paul]
Bob: is more time needed before the group agrees?
20:09:03 [Paul]
Gil: yes
20:09:47 [dug]
q+
20:10:16 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/wiki/Proposals_for_6692#Proposal_B._remove_wse:Delivery_element_and_all_it.27s_sub-elements
20:10:21 [Paul]
TOPIC: Mode and T/RT consolidation
20:10:30 [Bob]
ack dug
20:12:02 [Paul]
Dug: highlights suggestions in wiki for using Policy
20:12:16 [gpilz]
q+
20:12:47 [Bob]
ack gil
20:14:32 [Paul]
Gil: suggestion b1 avoids the need for full Policy processing capabilities
20:15:33 [Paul]
Bob: can everyone submit pros and cons to these suggestions?
20:15:59 [Zakim]
- +1.415.921.aaaa
20:16:26 [Paul]
Bob: can we have a coordinator? Ideally someone not too close to the topic
20:17:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.921.aaff
20:18:49 [Paul]
TOPIC: Consolidate T and RT
20:19:28 [Paul]
Bob: volunteer required to run with this topic
20:20:01 [Paul]
Geoff volunteerd
20:20:13 [Paul]
Doug with work with him
20:21:22 [dug]
in/out of T ns, in/out of same doc, pros/cons of Dialect attribute
20:21:23 [Paul]
Bob: Please cover in/out of T NS, same doc or different ones
20:21:35 [Paul]
Reqults presented at F2F
20:21:48 [asir]
s/Reqults/Results/
20:22:12 [Paul]
TOPIC: 6924
20:23:00 [Katy]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6924
20:23:29 [dug]
q+
20:24:21 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:24:25 [Geoff]
q+
20:24:27 [Bob]
ack dug
20:24:47 [Paul]
Gil: This issue is for some way of indicating that there was a problem with a PUT but it is not a message formatting problem
20:26:01 [Bob]
ack geoff
20:26:09 [dug]
q+
20:26:47 [gpilz]
q+
20:26:53 [Bob]
ack dug
20:27:31 [Paul]
Geoff: should this be application specific to avoid complexity
20:27:33 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:28:33 [Paul]
Gil: could be optional so need not be complex
20:28:40 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6920
20:28:58 [Paul]
TOPIC:6920
20:30:17 [Paul]
Katy: Enumeration schema showed up as invalid when checked
20:30:21 [asir]
q+
20:30:29 [Katy]
In the schema, replace:
20:30:29 [Katy]
<xs:attribute ref="xml:lang" />
20:30:29 [Katy]
with
20:30:29 [Katy]
<xs:attribute name="lang" type="xs:language" />
20:30:42 [Katy]
and remove the namespace prefix "xml" from the enumeration message.
20:30:42 [Katy]
So
20:30:42 [Katy]
<wsen:Reason xml:lang="language identifier" >
20:30:42 [Katy]
xs:string
20:30:42 [Katy]
</wsen:Reason> ?
20:30:42 [Katy]
becomes:
20:30:44 [Katy]
<wsen:Reason lang="language identifier" >
20:30:46 [Katy]
xs:string
20:30:48 [Katy]
</wsen:Reason> ?
20:31:05 [Bob]
ack asir
20:31:28 [asir]
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd">
20:31:59 [dug]
q+
20:31:59 [Paul]
asir: looks like schema was missing
20:32:34 [Katy]
"language used in the contents and attribute values of any element in an XML
20:32:34 [Katy]
document"
20:33:19 [Paul]
Katy: will try the suggestion
20:33:20 [Bob]
ack dug
20:33:46 [Paul]
dug: why do we need the attribute?
20:36:49 [Paul]
xxx: SOAP 1.2 normally covers xml:lang but enumeration is for a broader audience
20:37:03 [Paul]
TOPIC: 6906
20:37:52 [gpilz]
q+
20:38:03 [Paul]
Geoff: extension elements and attributes must not use same NS as spec
20:38:15 [gpilz]
doesn't namespace="##other"
20:38:25 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:39:10 [Paul]
Gil:Doesnt "##other" cover this?
20:39:11 [dug]
q+
20:39:19 [dug]
q-
20:39:21 [Bob]
ack dug
20:39:54 [Paul]
Geoff: this suggestion is for completeness
20:40:25 [Paul]
RESOLVED: as proposed
20:40:48 [Paul]
TOPIC: 6920
20:41:00 [Paul]
katy: suggestion does work
20:41:29 [Paul]
proposal is to update schema to import namespace
20:42:27 [asir]
q+
20:43:11 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/edcopies/wseventing.html#Schema
20:43:40 [Paul]
Eventing does not need updating
20:44:21 [Paul]
RESOLUTION: proposal 1
20:45:06 [Geoff]
q+
20:45:21 [Bob]
ack geo
20:45:32 [Paul]
TOPIC:
20:45:34 [Bob]
ack asir
20:46:31 [gpilz]
q+
20:47:25 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:47:33 [Paul]
Dug: issue covers wording of MAY and MUST for handling faults
20:49:43 [gpilz]
"generate" is completely unconstrained
20:50:07 [gpilz]
"MAY generate" and "MUST generate" are semantically equivalent
20:50:49 [Paul]
Geoff: would like to check through all occurances
20:51:11 [Paul]
Bob: shall we delay for a wek?
20:51:19 [Paul]
yes
20:52:16 [Paul]
TOPIC: 6712
20:52:59 [dug]
q+
20:53:10 [Paul]
Dug: Geoff was going to explain resource representation
20:53:39 [Bob]
ack dug
20:53:41 [asir]
I thought that Katy wanted to discuss issue 6721 rather than 6712
20:54:22 [Paul]
Dug: compare Create with Get - do they return the same thing?
20:54:52 [Bob]
Katy said that Paul can cover it in her absence
20:55:08 [dug]
q+
20:55:21 [asir]
okay
20:55:56 [Paul]
Geoff: Can we make assumptions clearer in the spec
20:56:07 [Bob]
ack dug
20:57:52 [Geoff]
q+
20:57:58 [Paul]
Dug: Create and Put have some symetry. The simple case is clear however what happens with an instruction
20:58:03 [Bob]
ack geo
20:58:20 [dug]
q+
20:59:21 [Paul]
Geoff: instructions and simple elements can looks the same however they do not need to
20:59:28 [dug]
asir: I like consistency
20:59:53 [dug]
q-
21:00:27 [asir]
not true
21:01:24 [Paul]
Geoff: service will provide the means to distinguish between the two
21:01:25 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
21:01:25 [Katy]
Bye, have a nice summer, speak to you in Sept (when all the issues are closed :o) )
21:02:19 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:02:20 [Zakim]
-Gilbert
21:02:20 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
21:02:22 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
21:02:23 [Zakim]
-Fred
21:02:25 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
21:02:28 [Zakim]
- +1.415.921.aaff
21:02:28 [TomRutt]
TomRutt has left #ws-ra
21:02:29 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
21:02:29 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaee
21:02:30 [Zakim]
-Yves
21:02:34 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
21:02:42 [Zakim]
- +0192670aacc
21:02:43 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:02:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/26-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:02:43 [Zakim]
- +0207827aabb
21:02:43 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
21:02:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.415.921.aaaa, Tom_Rutt, +0207827aabb, Mark_Little, [IPcaller], [Microsoft], Wu_Chou, Ashok_Malhotra, +0192670aacc, Gilbert, Doug_Davis, Yves, +1.408.202.aadd,
21:02:46 [Zakim]
... +1.571.262.aaee, Fred, +1.415.921.aaff
21:06:14 [Yves]
tracker, end telcon
21:06:22 [Yves]
trackbot, end telcon
21:06:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
21:06:22 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
21:06:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
21:06:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/26-ws-ra-minutes.html trackbot
21:06:24 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
21:06:24 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items