IRC log of mwts on 2009-05-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:55:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:55:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:55:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:55:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:55:34 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:55:35 [trackbot]
Date: 26 May 2009
14:56:57 [dom]
14:57:02 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
14:57:07 [dom]
Regrets: Carmelo
14:59:43 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:50 [Zakim]
15:00:14 [Zakim]
15:00:18 [Zakim]
15:00:20 [Zakim]
15:00:53 [Zakim]
15:01:01 [Zakim]
15:01:23 [dom]
zakim, ??P14 is kai
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
15:01:33 [dmitri]
dmitri has joined #mwts
15:01:38 [dom]
zakim, ??P28 is me
15:01:50 [dom]
zakim, ??P19 is dmitri
15:01:52 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:01:58 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
15:02:13 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:02:18 [dom]
15:02:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN
15:02:18 [trackbot]
15:02:29 [dom]
Wilhelm: started, but not finished yet
15:02:32 [dom]
15:02:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN
15:02:32 [trackbot]
15:02:39 [dom]
Kai: no news on that front this week
15:02:52 [dom]
Topic: DITG
15:03:04 [dom]
15:03:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-49 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to present the DITG to the W3C chairs -- due 2009-05-19 -- OPEN
15:03:04 [trackbot]
15:03:08 [dom]
Dom: still pending
15:03:12 [dom]
Topic: Memory Test
15:03:15 [dom]
15:03:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-53 -- Kai Hendry to retest memory test with his devices -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN
15:03:15 [trackbot]
15:03:57 [dom]
Kai: I tested on an HTC Diamond - the test seems to work, although it is a bit hard to track the actual memory limit
15:04:32 [dom]
... also, memory leaks seem to interfere with the testing...
15:04:59 [dom]
Wilhelm: how far up did you on that device?
15:05:16 [dom]
Kai: I didn't reach 1 MB
15:05:54 [dom]
Wilhelm: on the same device, with opera, I go up to @@@
15:06:28 [dom]
Kai: the limitations of the binary search makes it hard to find the right limit
15:06:37 [dom]
... the test is still a bit too painful to use I would think
15:07:01 [dom]
15:07:08 [dom]
Dom: is it something we should try to fix?
15:07:33 [dom]
Kai: we could try to automate it more with a wrapper script, but that would be quite difficult to do
15:07:48 [dom]
Wilhelm: esp. in a cross-platform approach
15:08:00 [dom]
ACTION-53 closed
15:08:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-53 Retest memory test with his devices closed
15:08:09 [dom]
ACTION-54 closed
15:08:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-54 Retest memory test with his devices closed
15:08:19 [dom]
15:08:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to publish Carmelo's draft re memory test in the blog -- due 2009-05-19 -- OPEN
15:08:19 [trackbot]
15:09:00 [dom]
Dom: how do we want to advertize it as a result?
15:09:21 [dom]
Wilhelm: as a way for people to play with it, and report results
15:09:31 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to fix text on memory test
15:09:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-56 - Fix text on memory test [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-06-02].
15:10:05 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
15:10:08 [dom]
15:10:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-55 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to look at WCTMB2 ideas -- due 2009-06-02 -- OPEN
15:10:08 [trackbot]
15:10:26 [dom]
Wilhelm: started playing with something, but nothing ready yet; any input is welcome
15:10:36 [dom]
Kai: what tests have you been working on?
15:10:45 [dom]
Wilhelm: only the set up at this time - not the tests itself
15:11:41 [dom]
Dmitri: one question on the current compatibility test: one of the tests test iframes - it's not valid markup; is it expected?
15:12:16 [dom]
-> WCTMB test validation results
15:12:52 [dom]
Wilhelm: yes, that's intended
15:13:02 [dom]
Topic: Blog
15:13:04 [dom]
15:13:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-45 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to propose a plan for getting contributions from community -- due 2009-05-12 -- OPEN
15:13:04 [trackbot]
15:13:29 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:13:35 [dom]
15:13:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:13:35 [trackbot]
15:13:43 [dom]
15:13:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:13:43 [trackbot]
15:14:06 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:14:12 [dom]
June 2nd
15:14:19 [Zakim]
15:14:20 [Zakim]
15:14:20 [Zakim]
15:14:22 [Zakim]
15:14:22 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:14:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were wilhelm, kai, dom, dmitri
15:14:30 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:14:33 [dom]
zakim, bye
15:14:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
15:14:36 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:14:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom