IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-05-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/05/21-wai-wcag-irc
19:55:12 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:55:18 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:55:39 [Ben]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:55:48 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:56:05 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009AprJun/0039.html
19:56:15 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Issues for 21 May 2009
19:56:25 [Ben]
agenda+ Possible W3C note on AT Push Items
19:56:32 [Ben]
agenda+ Amount of Accessibility Support needed before we list something as sufficient
19:56:35 [Loretta]
maybe we should post the cheat sheet to the wiki?
19:57:20 [Loretta]
thanks
20:03:06 [Ben]
zakim, this is WAI_WCAG
20:03:06 [Zakim]
ok, Ben; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
20:03:07 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:13 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:03:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, +1.415.373.aaaa, ??P3
20:03:23 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:37 [Ben]
zakim, ??P3 is Ben_Caldwell
20:03:37 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:03:54 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:04:25 [Ben]
zakim, 01+1.415.373.aaaa is Sofia_Celic_Li
20:04:25 [Zakim]
sorry, Ben, I do not recognize a party named '01+1.415.373.aaaa'
20:04:35 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:40 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:04:48 [Ben]
02 01zakim, +1.415.373 is Sofia_Celic_Li
20:05:09 [Ben]
01zakim, +1.415.373 is Sofia_Celic_Li
20:05:17 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:31 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:05:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, +1.415.373.aaaa, Ben_Caldwell, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:40 [Ben]
zakim, +1.415 is Sofia
20:05:40 [Zakim]
+Sofia; got it
20:05:51 [Ben]
zakim, Sofia is Sofia_Celic_Li
20:05:51 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic_Li; got it
20:09:06 [Ben]
zakim, Sofia_Celic_Li is Sofia_Celic-Li
20:09:06 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic-Li; got it
20:11:06 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:11:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic-Li, Ben_Caldwell, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:11:31 [Ben]
Present: 01David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic-Li, Ben_Caldwell, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:11:52 [Ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
20:12:03 [David_MacDonald]
:-)
20:12:32 [Ben]
zakim, agenda?
20:12:32 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
20:12:34 [Zakim]
1. Miscellaneous Issues for 21 May 2009 [from Ben]
20:12:36 [Zakim]
2. Possible W3C note on AT Push Items [from Ben]
20:12:38 [Zakim]
3. Amount of Accessibility Support needed before we list something as sufficient [from Ben]
20:13:54 [Ben]
zakim, Ben has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:13:54 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:14:01 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:19 [Ben]
present+ Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:15:20 [David_MacDonald]
Action: Bruce to lead a WCAG review of ATAG due by Jun 11, Sophia to join
20:15:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-31 - Lead a WCAG review of ATAG due by Jun 11, Sophia to join [on Bruce Bailey - due 2009-05-28].
20:16:48 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:16:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Miscellaneous Issues for 21 May 2009" taken up [from Ben]
20:17:56 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Sufficient Technique for SC 4.1.2: Using WAI-ARIA to provide semantic role information ...
20:21:00 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:22:08 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:22:17 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:23:24 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:25:09 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:25:18 [Ben]
zakim, mute Tim
20:25:18 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
20:37:38 [David_MacDonald]
Action: Andi to discuss with David Todd to amend the example with snips of code and put on a separate wiki page...
20:37:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-32 - Discuss with David Todd to amend the example with snips of code and put on a separate wiki page... [on Andi Snow-Weaver - due 2009-05-28].
20:38:30 [David_MacDonald]
s/example/example Sufficient Technique for SC 4.1.2: Using WAI-ARIA to provide semantic role information
20:40:03 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept Review comments on Mobile Best Practices (MWBP) and WCAG as modified with Ben's additional comments
20:40:46 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Review comments on Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization
20:41:20 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept Review comments on Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization with Bruce's additional comments
20:42:50 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: return to discussion about W3C note on AT Push items
20:49:41 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:08:22 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: create a short document describing the gap between At Users expectations and web authors expectations which can be addressed by Assistive Technology, Ben to lead, David, Cynthia, Loretta to join
21:09:21 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: resume discusion about the amount of AT support necessary before we list a technique a sufficient
21:14:53 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/H77.html
21:16:54 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:20:53 [Ben]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/H81
21:28:31 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:33:27 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:33:43 [Loretta]
\me Bruce, come back!
21:34:15 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:40:54 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Put AT support on survey ... that Sufficient Techniqes have at least one AT supporting them with additional discussion about retroactivity
21:41:21 [David_MacDonald]
s/qes/ques
21:41:29 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic-Li
21:41:30 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:41:32 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:41:33 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:41:34 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:41:34 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:41:43 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:41:44 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:41:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, +1.415.373.aaaa, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic-Li, Gregg_Vanderheiden, [Microsoft]
21:50:24 [Loretta]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:50:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/21-wai-wcag-minutes.html Loretta
21:52:36 [Loretta]
rrsagent, make log public
21:52:47 [Loretta]
rrsagent, bye
21:52:47 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/21-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:52:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce to lead a WCAG review of ATAG due by Jun 11, Sophia to join [1]
21:52:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/21-wai-wcag-irc#T20-15-20
21:52:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi to discuss with David Todd to amend the example with snips of code and put on a separate wiki page... [2]
21:52:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/05/21-wai-wcag-irc#T20-37-38