IRC log of swxg on 2009-05-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:29:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swxg
11:29:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-irc
11:29:20 [danbri]
danbri has changed the topic to: Social Web Incubator Group - public and logged channel
11:30:05 [danbri]
danbri has changed the topic to: Social Web Incubator Group - public logged channel, see http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-irc
11:31:56 [danbri]
all in good time :)
11:32:26 [mischat_]
danbri: try code:SWXG
11:32:44 [danbri]
i think we're too early
11:32:57 [danbri]
zakim, this will be SWXG
11:32:57 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, danbri
11:32:57 [mischat_]
could be case sensitive
11:33:02 [mischat_]
:)
11:33:57 [danbri]
in http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar it is INC_SWXG
11:36:15 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #swxg
11:44:08 [karl]
karl has joined #swxg
11:49:57 [karl]
karl has joined #swxg
11:51:19 [tpa]
tpa has joined #swxg
11:53:12 [jsalvachua]
hi,
11:53:24 [jsalvachua]
what is the conf code in numbers?
11:56:15 [karl]
Zakim, code?
11:56:15 [Zakim]
sorry, karl, I don't know what conference this is
11:56:30 [karl]
Zakim, this will be SWXG
11:56:30 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, karl
11:59:00 [karl]
Zakim, this will be INC_SWXG
11:59:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, karl
11:59:25 [karl]
jsalvachua: the code is conference 7994 ("SWXG")
12:00:37 [jsalvachua]
oh its not now? , ok, thats why rejected the code
12:00:50 [jsalvachua]
thanks anyway
12:06:01 [AlexKorth]
AlexKorth has joined #swxg
12:06:09 [AlexKorth]
hello everyone!
12:06:51 [jsalvachua]
hi
12:08:20 [dom]
dom has joined #swxg
12:16:07 [AlexKorth]
was trying the bristol number to test conf call. it says that the conf call is restricted after entering the code. so it seems to work?
12:16:36 [AlexKorth]
because i assume its just not set up yet?
12:17:33 [hhalpin]
hhalpin has joined #swxg
12:18:02 [Maciej]
Maciej has joined #swxg
12:18:21 [Maciej]
Maciej has left #swxg
12:21:52 [danbri]
probably as it isn't set up yet, Alex
12:22:10 [danbri]
zakim, this will be INC_SWXG
12:22:10 [Zakim]
ok, danbri; I see INC_SWXG()9:00AM scheduled to start in 38 minutes
12:22:21 [danbri]
phew, it worked :)
12:22:27 [danbri]
rrsagent, status?
12:22:27 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'status'
12:28:23 [caribou]
caribou has joined #swxg
12:33:48 [hhalpin]
+1 Zakim
12:34:13 [hhalpin]
DanBri, do you remember if Zakim still eats up RDF from weekly-agenda?
12:34:26 [danbri]
no idea
12:34:29 [danbri]
sorry
12:35:47 [oshani]
oshani has joined #swxg
12:37:54 [AlexKorth]
we're starting up just in time: Facebook Shuts Down RSS Feed App http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_shuts_down_rss_feed_app.php
12:38:18 [hhalpin]
Wow.
12:39:32 [dpalmisano]
dpalmisano has joined #swxg
12:40:59 [mischat]
mischat has joined #swxg
12:41:24 [melvster]
melvster has joined #swxg
12:41:46 [AlexKorth]
so I guess it's one of our main challenges to propose a solution to combine openness/accessibility and privacy
12:45:29 [petef]
petef has joined #swxg
12:45:49 [oshani_]
oshani_ has joined #swxg
12:50:58 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #swxg
12:51:54 [renato]
renato has joined #swxg
12:56:05 [jsalvachua]
well an atom feed with some auth may help to substitute, but i think Facebook wont agree, AlexKorth
12:56:11 [Zakim]
INC_SWXG()9:00AM has now started
12:56:18 [Zakim]
+ +0785583aaaa
12:56:29 [Zakim]
+ +95177aabb
12:56:40 [tinkster]
OK, how do I claim that a phone number is me?
12:56:45 [MaciejJanik]
MaciejJanik has joined #swxg
12:57:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.314.683.aacc
12:57:26 [tinkster]
zakim, aaaa is me
12:57:26 [Zakim]
+tinkster; got it
12:58:06 [jeffs]
jeffs has joined #swxg
12:58:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.800.aadd
12:58:56 [karl]
zakim, 1.617.800.aadd is karl
12:58:56 [Zakim]
sorry, karl, I do not recognize a party named '1.617.800.aadd'
12:59:04 [karl]
zakim, +1.617.800.aadd is karl
12:59:05 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.549.aaee
12:59:05 [Zakim]
+karl; got it
12:59:11 [BenG]
BenG has joined #swxg
12:59:12 [mischat_]
mischat_ has joined #swxg
12:59:16 [Zakim]
+ +2
12:59:19 [Linas]
Linas has joined #swxg
12:59:29 [Zakim]
+??P18
12:59:30 [cperey]
cperey has joined #swxg
12:59:37 [jsalvachua]
aaee its me
12:59:37 [Zakim]
+??P19
12:59:54 [jsalvachua]
zakim, aaee is me
12:59:54 [Zakim]
+jsalvachua; got it
13:00:02 [Zakim]
+Dom
13:00:07 [Zakim]
-??P19
13:00:08 [dom]
zakim, mute me
13:00:09 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
13:00:10 [PhilA]
PhilA has joined #swxg
13:00:17 [Zakim]
+MIT531
13:00:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.801.949.aagg
13:00:26 [DKA]
DKA has joined #swxg
13:00:29 [karl]
zakim, mute me
13:00:29 [Zakim]
karl should now be muted
13:00:32 [Zakim]
+??P19
13:00:37 [tinkster]
zakim, mute me
13:00:37 [Zakim]
tinkster should now be muted
13:00:45 [Zakim]
-??P18
13:00:45 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
13:00:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), pchampin, +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua, +2, Dom (muted), MIT531, +1.801.949.aagg, danbri
13:00:58 [Zakim]
+??P24
13:01:03 [Zakim]
+ +0797094aahh
13:01:09 [jsalvachua]
heard too
13:01:11 [Zakim]
+Phil_Archer
13:01:17 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:01:18 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #swxg
13:01:20 [Zakim]
+??P36
13:01:23 [dom]
zakim, aahh is maybe micha
13:01:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aahh is maybe micha', dom
13:01:29 [Zakim]
+??P34
13:01:31 [dom]
zakim, aahh is probably micha
13:01:34 [Zakim]
+micha?; got it
13:01:37 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
13:01:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), pchampin, +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua, +2, Dom (muted), MIT531, +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, micha?, Phil_Archer (muted),
13:01:42 [dom]
ack me
13:01:49 [Zakim]
... ??P18, ??P36, ??P34
13:01:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.848.aaii
13:02:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, jeffs, MaciejJanik, renato, pchampin, oshani, petef, melvster, dpalmisano, caribou, hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa,
13:02:06 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
13:02:09 [Zakim]
... karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:02:09 [dom]
it is "irc.w3.org" not "irc.w3c.org"
13:02:13 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aajj
13:02:15 [yuk]
hi, i found i joined in already, but how to participate in the chat?
13:02:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), pchampin, +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua, +2, Dom, MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, micha?, Phil_Archer (muted),
13:02:24 [petef]
how do I tell zakim my phone number?
13:02:27 [Zakim]
... ??P18, ??P36, ??P34, +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj
13:02:27 [jeffs]
zakim, zakim, who is on the phone?
13:02:28 [danbri]
yuk, you just did! :)
13:02:30 [Zakim]
+ +049261287aakk
13:02:33 [danbri]
rrsagent, pointer?
13:02:33 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-irc#T13-02-33
13:02:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, jeffs, MaciejJanik, renato, pchampin, oshani, petef, melvster, dpalmisano, caribou, hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa,
13:02:47 [Zakim]
... karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:02:48 [dom]
zakim, mute me
13:02:50 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeffs.
13:02:58 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
13:03:00 [Zakim]
+??P43
13:03:02 [pchampin]
@petef, you should say "Zakim, <phone> is me"
13:03:08 [danbri]
dom, can you chacl the logs?
13:03:11 [Zakim]
+??P42
13:03:14 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
13:03:15 [hhalpin]
Zakim, ??p43 is hhalpin
13:03:18 [Zakim]
+??P44
13:03:21 [Zakim]
+hhalpin; got it
13:03:33 [FabGandon]
FabGandon has joined #swxg
13:03:34 [danbri]
this is a big turnout, indeed!
13:03:35 [wonsuk]
Zakim, ??P42 is wonsuk
13:03:35 [Zakim]
+wonsuk; got it
13:03:40 [AlexKorth]
zakim, P34 is me
13:03:40 [Zakim]
sorry, AlexKorth, I do not recognize a party named 'P34'
13:03:43 [yuk]
ah, i mean how to dial in? sorry i just install the mIRC
13:03:55 [dom]
we have "only" 40 slots in the teleconference reservation
13:04:03 [Zakim]
+ +3077aall
13:04:04 [danbri]
daniel is asking for a scribe volunteer?
13:04:05 [renato]
zakim, ??P44 is renato
13:04:05 [Zakim]
+renato; got it
13:04:14 [hhalpin]
DanBri - scribing?
13:04:20 [Zakim]
+??P10
13:04:33 [AlexKorth]
zakim, ??P34 is me
13:04:33 [Zakim]
+AlexKorth; got it
13:04:56 [danbri]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:04:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), pchampin, +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua, +2, Dom (muted), MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, micha?, Phil_Archer
13:04:59 [Zakim]
... (muted), ??P18, ??P36, AlexKorth, +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj, +049261287aakk, hhalpin, wonsuk, renato, +3077aall, ??P10
13:05:08 [karl]
zakim, unmute me
13:05:09 [Zakim]
+ +49.622.143.4.aamm
13:05:09 [Zakim]
karl should no longer be muted
13:05:21 [danbri]
that's 25...
13:05:23 [tinkster]
is there a URI for the agenda?
13:05:30 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aann
13:05:32 [danbri]
hmm what is "+2"?
13:05:35 [Zakim]
+ +322548aaoo
13:05:46 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:05:48 [mischat_]
agenda : http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:05:49 [tinkster]
thanks
13:05:51 [BenG]
zakim, aall is probably BenG
13:05:51 [Zakim]
+BenG?; got it
13:06:13 [danbri]
danbri has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/ http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html Social Web Incubator Group - public logged channel, see http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-irc
13:06:20 [dom]
27 participants as of now
13:06:32 [dom]
cf http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html (member-only link afaik)
13:06:47 [petef]
zakim who is on the phone?
13:06:56 [AdamB]
Zakim, 1.314.777.aakk is me
13:06:56 [Zakim]
sorry, AdamB, I do not recognize a party named '1.314.777.aakk'
13:06:58 [yuk]
anyone can help? i still didn't figure out how to join the phone conversation
13:07:03 [Zakim]
-AlexKorth
13:07:05 [Zakim]
-pchampin
13:07:06 [rreck]
rreck has joined #swxg
13:07:07 [danbri]
(i suggested daniel was a little muffled, he is reconnecting)
13:07:12 [AdamB]
zakim, aakk is probably AdamB
13:07:12 [Zakim]
+AdamB?; got it
13:07:14 [FabGandon]
Zakim, +322548aaoo is me
13:07:14 [Zakim]
+FabGandon; got it
13:07:17 [PhilA]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:07:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), +1.314.683.aacc, karl, jsalvachua, +2, Dom (muted), MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, mischat_, Phil_Archer (muted), ??P18,
13:07:22 [Zakim]
... ??P36, +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj, AdamB?, hhalpin, wonsuk, renato, BenG?, ??P10, +49.622.143.4.aamm, +49.238.aann, FabGandon
13:07:27 [danbri]
yuk, do you have the agenda url? see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:07:45 [dom]
zakim, code?
13:07:45 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7994 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
13:07:51 [Zakim]
-??P36
13:07:55 [danbri]
rrsagent, help?
13:07:55 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'help'
13:08:00 [rreck]
is conference call silent?
13:08:25 [Zakim]
+??P34
13:08:30 [danbri]
zakim, who is speaking?
13:08:35 [Zakim]
+ +0774811aapp
13:08:40 [jeffs]
zakim, zakim, +??P34 is jeffs
13:08:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'zakim, +??P34 is jeffs', jeffs
13:08:41 [Zakim]
danbri, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 25 (30%), karl (10%)
13:08:44 [dom]
zakim, aapp is DKA
13:08:44 [Zakim]
+DKA; got it
13:08:47 [miquel]
miquel has joined #swxg
13:08:50 [danbri]
trackbot, yes please. i'm afraid my knowledge of recent w3c tooling is rusty...
13:08:50 [petef]
Zakim +??P18 is me
13:08:52 [renato]
zakim, mute me
13:08:52 [Zakim]
renato should now be muted
13:08:57 [jeffs]
zakim, +??P34 is me
13:08:57 [Zakim]
sorry, jeffs, I do not recognize a party named '+??P34'
13:08:59 [danbri]
phil, can you help with the bot stuff?
13:09:01 [Zakim]
+ +63.59.2.aaqq
13:09:06 [danbri]
daniela: i am one of the cochairs
13:09:06 [jeffs]
zakim, P34 is me
13:09:06 [Zakim]
sorry, jeffs, I do not recognize a party named 'P34'
13:09:13 [jeffs]
zakim, +P34 is me
13:09:13 [Zakim]
sorry, jeffs, I do not recognize a party named '+P34'
13:09:14 [danbri]
...i sent intro to the @@url
13:09:21 [danbri]
...along with danbri and hhalpin who are also on the line
13:09:29 [PhilA]
Chair: Dan_Appelquist
13:09:35 [PhilA]
Scribe: DanBri
13:09:39 [danbri]
(gsm noise interference ... pls move it away ...)
13:09:44 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute hhalpin
13:09:44 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
13:09:45 [PhilA]
ScribeNick: DanBri
13:09:50 [jsalvachua]
zakim, mute me
13:09:50 [Zakim]
jsalvachua should now be muted
13:09:50 [petef]
zakim mute me
13:09:51 [danbri]
please be scrupulous bout muting yourself while not speaking
13:09:52 [dom]
Meeting: Social Web Incubator Group
13:09:56 [jeffs]
zakim P34 is jeffs
13:10:02 [PhilA]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:10:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html PhilA
13:10:02 [karl]
zakim, mute me
13:10:02 [Zakim]
karl should now be muted
13:10:03 [Zakim]
-??P18
13:10:04 [danbri]
...and as a matter of housekeeping, we have an irc channel that goes along with most calls
13:10:04 [Zakim]
+pchampin
13:10:14 [danbri]
this more than a nice-to-have it is an essetnial part of all w3c calls
13:10:18 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #swxg
13:10:18 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
13:10:18 [trackbot]
If you want to associate this channel with an existing Tracker, please say 'trackbot, associate this channel with #channel' (where #channel is the name of default channel for the group)
13:10:20 [danbri]
reason is that the minutes are taken into the irc channel
13:10:23 [dom]
trackbot, bye
13:10:23 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #swxg
13:10:31 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #swxg
13:10:32 [tpa]
Zakim, + +63.59.2.aaqq is me
13:10:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+ +63.59.2.aaqq is me', tpa
13:10:33 [danbri]
this means that ... you can watch the minutes being taken as it happens
13:10:42 [petef]
zakim unmute me
13:10:43 [danbri]
you can correct, add, ... if you are mis-scribed you can correct that
13:10:50 [danbri]
...strawpolls can be taken in irc, etc
13:11:02 [danbri]
so participating in the irc channel, for those not familiar, it might sound a bit nerdy
13:11:07 [tpa]
Zakim, +63.59.2.aaqq is me
13:11:07 [Zakim]
+tpa; got it
13:11:09 [danbri]
... "well i'll just dial-in" ,...
13:11:11 [karl]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
13:11:11 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', karl. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:11:15 [petef]
ta dom
13:11:17 [danbri]
...but instead i really encourage you to all get used to IRC
13:11:18 [karl]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:11:21 [petef]
zakim, mute me
13:11:21 [Zakim]
sorry, petef, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:11:25 [jeffs]
Zakim, +P34 is me
13:11:25 [Zakim]
sorry, jeffs, I do not recognize a party named '+P34'
13:11:25 [danbri]
... you will get a much richer experience out of it
13:11:29 [mischat_]
zakin, mute me
13:11:32 [danbri]
... interact in a bettter way
13:11:39 [petef]
zakim, ??P18 is me
13:11:39 [mischat_]
zakim, mute me
13:11:42 [Zakim]
I already had ??P18 as ??P18, petef
13:11:43 [Zakim]
mischat_ should now be muted
13:11:43 [danbri]
daniela: as we have limited time and a large group
13:11:47 [danbri]
...we will go with harry's agenda
13:11:52 [jeffs]
Zakim, ??P34 is me
13:11:52 [Zakim]
+jeffs; got it
13:11:56 [danbri]
... (see topic in irc)
13:11:59 [FabGandon]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:12:00 [mischat_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:12:01 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:12:03 [karl]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:12:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html karl
13:12:06 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
13:12:06 [Zakim]
sorry, cperey, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:12:08 [MaciejJanik]
Zakim, +049261287aakk is me
13:12:08 [Zakim]
sorry, MaciejJanik, I do not recognize a party named '+049261287aakk'
13:12:09 [danbri]
:)
13:12:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.931.aarr
13:12:11 [tinkster]
(It's the channel topic too.)
13:12:13 [tpa]
Zakim, who is on the call?
13:12:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, mischat_ (muted),
13:12:13 [PhilA]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
13:12:17 [Zakim]
... Phil_Archer (muted), +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, +49.622.143.4.aamm, +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA,
13:12:19 [Zakim]
... tpa, pchampin, +1.510.931.aarr
13:12:21 [petef]
zakim, ??P18 is really me
13:12:21 [Zakim]
+petef; got it
13:12:25 [danbri]
daniela: kicking right off... with introductions
13:12:37 [petef]
zakim, mute me
13:12:37 [Zakim]
sorry, petef, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:12:39 [danbri]
...for those of you who joined after i said this: please be scrupulous about muting
13:12:48 [danbri]
...even if you don't think you need to
13:12:53 [danbri]
... all that noise adds up!
13:12:54 [MaciejJanik]
zakim, mute me
13:12:54 [Zakim]
sorry, MaciejJanik, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:12:56 [danbri]
brief intros:
13:12:56 [petef]
zakim, +447970942261 is me
13:12:56 [Zakim]
sorry, petef, I do not recognize a party named '+447970942261'
13:13:13 [hhalpin]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
13:13:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, mischat_ (muted),
13:13:17 [Zakim]
... Phil_Archer (muted), +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, +49.622.143.4.aamm, +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA,
13:13:18 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
13:13:18 [FabGandon]
The Zakim commands are here : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot
13:13:21 [Zakim]
... tpa, pchampin (muted), +1.510.931.aarr
13:13:22 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
13:13:24 [danbri]
roll call, ... brief intros ...
13:13:25 [oshani]
oshani has joined #swxg
13:13:30 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
13:13:30 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
13:13:32 [danbri]
harry: yes, that's what i meant ... BRIEF!
13:13:34 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
13:13:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), +1.314.683.aacc, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), MIT531 (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, mischat_ (muted),
13:13:37 [Zakim]
... Phil_Archer (muted), +1.617.848.aaii, +46.1.08.01.aajj, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, +49.622.143.4.aamm, +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA,
13:13:43 [Zakim]
... tpa, pchampin (muted), +1.510.931.aarr
13:13:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see oshani, pchampin, miquel, rreck, FabGandon, wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, jeffs, MaciejJanik, renato, petef, melvster, dpalmisano, caribou,
13:13:47 [Zakim]
... hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa, karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:14:15 [tinkster]
Seems 314 could be Bristol.
13:14:24 [DKA]
zakim, aacc is AdamB
13:14:24 [Zakim]
+AdamB; got it
13:14:28 [cperey]
zakim, +1.617.848.aaii is me
13:14:28 [Zakim]
+cperey; got it
13:14:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.203.276.aass
13:14:41 [dom]
zakim, aass is HenryStory
13:14:41 [Zakim]
+HenryStory; got it
13:14:42 [oshani]
Zakim, MIT531 is me
13:14:42 [Zakim]
+oshani; got it
13:14:52 [danbri]
hi henry
13:15:10 [AlexKorth]
sorry, I am skyping in from portugal. I dont know who I am ;)
13:15:10 [marie]
marie has joined #swxg
13:15:36 [danbri]
one thing we can do is "mute xyz" or "who is speaking?", but both are a bit invasive
13:16:00 [petef]
is petef on the call?
13:16:01 [danbri]
(I am not going to scribe this "who is 1.123.456 etc... discussion :)
13:16:20 [FabGandon]
for those who don't have a client we may suggest http://mibbit.com/chat/
13:16:25 [dom]
zakim, aajj is Hakan
13:16:25 [Zakim]
+Hakan; got it
13:16:33 [Linas]
Hi, I am Linas from Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs Research in France, +33 130 772 777 on the bridge
13:17:07 [dom]
zakim, aamm is probably AlexKorth
13:17:07 [Zakim]
+AlexKorth?; got it
13:17:14 [danbri]
(will zakim remember all these for next time?)
13:17:15 [PhilA]
q+
13:17:29 [danbri]
zakim, queue?
13:17:29 [Zakim]
I see PhilA on the speaker queue
13:17:33 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
13:17:33 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
13:17:43 [PhilA]
ack me
13:17:46 [DKA]
ack phila
13:17:50 [AlexKorth]
zakim, aamm is me
13:17:50 [Zakim]
sorry, AlexKorth, I do not recognize a party named 'aamm'
13:17:53 [Jed]
Jed has joined #swxg
13:17:58 [danbri]
zakim, who is here?
13:17:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), AdamB, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), oshani (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri (muted), ??P24, mischat_ (muted),
13:18:00 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
13:18:01 [Zakim]
... Phil_Archer, cperey (muted), Hakan, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, AlexKorth?, +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA, tpa, pchampin (muted),
13:18:02 [miquel]
zakim +49.6221.4342116
13:18:07 [miquel]
zakim +49.6221.4342116 is me
13:18:08 [Zakim]
... +1.510.931.aarr, HenryStory
13:18:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jed, marie, oshani, pchampin, miquel, rreck, FabGandon, wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, jeffs, MaciejJanik, renato, petef, melvster, dpalmisano,
13:18:14 [Zakim]
... caribou, hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa, karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:18:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), AdamB, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), oshani (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri (muted), ??P24, mischat_ (muted),
13:18:20 [Zakim]
... Phil_Archer, cperey (muted), Hakan, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, AlexKorth?, +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA, tpa, pchampin (muted),
13:18:21 [BenG]
BenG = Benjamin Nguyen from UVSQ
13:18:22 [hajons]
hajons has joined #swxg
13:18:23 [Zakim]
... +1.510.931.aarr, HenryStory
13:18:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jed, marie, oshani, pchampin, miquel, rreck, FabGandon, wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, jeffs, MaciejJanik, renato, petef, melvster, dpalmisano,
13:18:27 [Zakim]
... caribou, hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa, karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:18:28 [dom]
zakim, AlexKorth is really Miquel
13:18:33 [Zakim]
+Miquel; got it
13:18:41 [danbri]
(for roll call, if you have urls to your mailing list intro that would be great for the minutes)
13:18:46 [danbri]
Roll call:
13:18:56 [danbri]
Jed ...
13:19:04 [Zakim]
+JuanCarlos
13:19:14 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/51ED3028-9740-4FF0-8D71-0ECDAEB1E31C@capturagroup.com Jed's intr
13:19:14 [danbri]
... works for small consultancy in san diego, ... social media, .gov, ...
13:19:21 [dom]
s/intr/intro/
13:19:34 [danbri]
...internet policy in washington folk, a consultant not a policy maker, staying abreast of standards, ...
13:19:45 [dom]
zakim, unmute marie
13:19:45 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not know which phone connection belongs to marie
13:19:48 [danbri]
Marie:
13:19:54 [danbri]
.... UPC from Barcelona
13:19:59 [danbri]
Oshani:
13:20:04 [dom]
zakim, unmute oshani
13:20:04 [Zakim]
oshani should no longer be muted
13:20:09 [oshani]
Zakim, unmute me
13:20:09 [Zakim]
oshani was not muted, oshani
13:20:12 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/a477174c0905031049k562eec88m65ab60c7de28e316@mail.gmail.com Oshani's intro
13:20:19 [mischat_]
we can hear you oshani
13:20:20 [miquel]
Zakim, mute me
13:20:21 [Zakim]
Miquel should now be muted
13:20:39 [yuk]
hi harry, it keeps on saying that 7794 is not valid :(
13:20:39 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #swxg
13:20:43 [danbri]
Oshani: student from MIT, work on issues related to privacy and accountability on the Web. Interested in applying research we're doing to social web related activities in the XG
13:20:45 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/4A0163D7.5070209@champin.net Pierre-Antoine Champin's intro
13:20:53 [danbri]
pchampin:
13:21:04 [bblfish]
+1 Henry Story present
13:21:18 [danbri]
pchampin, Pieera-Antoine Champin, associate professor in france see url http://www.w3.org/mid/4A0163D7.5070209@champin.net
13:21:30 [petef]
yuk, it's 7994
13:21:33 [miquel]
zakim, unmute me
13:21:34 [Zakim]
Miquel should no longer be muted
13:21:41 [cperey]
zakim, unmute me
13:21:41 [Zakim]
cperey should no longer be muted
13:21:46 [oshani]
Zakim, mute me
13:21:46 [Zakim]
oshani should now be muted
13:21:53 [danbri]
Miquel: ... from ... research labs in germany, heidelberg
13:21:56 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
13:21:56 [Zakim]
hhalpin was already muted, hhalpin
13:22:03 [danbri]
...working on distrib id management, ...
13:22:10 [miquel]
zakim, mute me
13:22:11 [Zakim]
Miquel should now be muted
13:22:15 [danbri]
Rreck: Ron Reck ...
13:22:16 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/49FEB2EE.5040008@rrecktek.com Ronald Reck's intro
13:22:20 [rreck]
hi
13:22:22 [rreck]
yes
13:22:25 [rreck]
im trying
13:22:31 [Zakim]
+ +867552878aatt
13:22:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.273.aauu
13:22:41 [FabGandon]
my homepage http://fabien.info
13:22:43 [danbri]
fabien gandon: inria research, fr
13:22:47 [danbri]
see homepage :)
13:22:52 [Zakim]
+ +03858890aavv
13:23:00 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009Apr/0010.html DKA's intro
13:23:00 [danbri]
DFA, Daniel Appelquist ... vodafone ac rep, co-chair, ...
13:23:12 [yuk]
joined, thanks
13:23:13 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0018.html PhilA's intro
13:23:20 [danbri]
Phil Archer (PhilA): in this xg i represent greek national centre for research in athems
13:23:22 [danbri]
athens
13:23:36 [danbri]
...interested in social network openness, but also privacy concerns
13:23:37 [PhilA]
zakim, mute me
13:23:37 [Zakim]
Phil_Archer should now be muted
13:23:40 [tinkster]
PhilA wants to grab our data but keep his private ;-)
13:23:49 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/8F39651CFAD94556B0E0805232545C03@T60 Christine Perey's intr
13:23:52 [dom]
s/intr/intro/
13:23:57 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
13:23:57 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
13:23:59 [danbri]
Christen Perey (cperey), mobile social networking consultant, co-chaired barcelona workshop
13:24:12 [danbri]
Linas: from Lucent/Bell ...
13:24:19 [cperey]
thanks Harry!
13:24:21 [danbri]
...social comms dept
13:24:29 [danbri]
...bridging social nets analysis world with telecoms world
13:24:43 [danbri]
BenG: from Uni Versailles in Frane
13:24:45 [danbri]
France
13:24:47 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0005.html Ben's intro
13:24:52 [danbri]
DB, sociology, ... working with w3c standards
13:25:19 [danbri]
Jeffs: RIT ... centre for handheld web, ... w3c ac rep, ... also on mobile web group
13:25:47 [danbri]
... here to do research on the networks expressed in this data, and the issues around privacy
13:25:52 [Jed]
+1.801.949.aagg = Jed. I've muted myself.
13:25:52 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/4A017D43.5010401@uni-koblenz.de Maciej's intro
13:25:56 [MaciejJanik]
zakim, unmute me
13:25:56 [Zakim]
sorry, MaciejJanik, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:26:22 [renato]
zakim, unmute me
13:26:22 [Zakim]
renato should no longer be muted
13:26:28 [danbri]
MicieJanik ... [missed that, desktop problem here, sorry]
13:26:47 [danbri]
(MaciejJanik, could you type your comment here please? sorry i missed it)
13:26:53 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0007.html Renato's introduction
13:27:02 [danbri]
Renato: from NICTA, Australia
13:27:14 [petef]
zakim, unmute me
13:27:14 [Zakim]
sorry, petef, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:27:19 [jeffs]
jeffs has joined #swxg
13:27:21 [danbri]
...interest in interop amongst social networks and chair policy languages xg
13:27:23 [petef]
I can't unmute myself
13:27:24 [PhilA]
Renato's intro http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0008.html
13:27:25 [petef]
?
13:27:26 [renato]
zakim, mute me
13:27:26 [Zakim]
renato should now be muted
13:27:31 [petef]
is pete ferne
13:27:31 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute petef
13:27:31 [Zakim]
sorry, hhalpin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to petef
13:27:44 [danbri]
Peter Ferne (petef): (postponed)
13:27:44 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/A32A1275-82E4-405B-8D7F-DA2C47996832@jivatechnology.com Peter Ferne's intro
13:27:45 [jeffs]
zakim, who am I?
13:27:45 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeffs.
13:27:46 [MaciejJanik]
zakim +49.238.aann is me
13:27:49 [tinkster]
melvin c
13:27:58 [tinkster]
I don't think he's on the call?
13:28:02 [danbri]
Melvster: (not on call)
13:28:13 [petef]
dom beat me to it.
13:28:17 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #swxg
13:28:18 [melvster]
sorry, im not on the call, just lurking, is that ok?
13:28:27 [danbri]
davide sent regrets, in a conflicting telecon
13:28:34 [hhalpin]
Mysterious voice :)
13:28:37 [hhalpin]
Who is speaking now?
13:28:39 [danbri]
who is speaking?
13:28:50 [petef]
petef is on irc but mysteriously muted
13:28:56 [petef]
and on the call
13:29:04 [MacTed]
ah-hah! agenda gave #grddl-wg as supp channel
13:29:04 [danbri]
Caribou is Carine from W3C; she sends regrets
13:29:18 [petef]
unmute ??PP18
13:29:30 [petef]
zakim, unmute ??PP18
13:29:30 [Zakim]
sorry, petef, I do not know which phone connection belongs to ??PP18
13:29:37 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
13:29:37 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
13:29:39 [MaciejJanik]
danbri - my intro: I'm from IsWeb group, University of Koblenz, Germany. Interested in trust and privacy issues in social web. Working on WeKnowIt project.
13:29:41 [danbri]
Harry Halpin:
13:29:46 [danbri]
.... uni edinburgh
13:29:48 [danbri]
...w3c fellow
13:29:50 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0000.html Harry's intro
13:29:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:29:57 [danbri]
....working on social web, rdf, info retrieval technologies
13:29:59 [jeffs]
zakim, who is on the call?
13:29:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), AdamB, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), oshani (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, ??P24, mischat_ (muted), Phil_Archer
13:30:02 [Zakim]
... (muted), cperey (muted), Hakan, AdamB?, hhalpin, wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, Miquel (muted), +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA, tpa, pchampin (muted),
13:30:03 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
13:30:05 [Zakim]
... +1.510.931.aarr, HenryStory, JuanCarlos, +867552878aatt, +1.781.273.aauu, +03858890aavv, [IPcaller]
13:30:05 [dom]
ack me
13:30:07 [hhalpin]
Zakim mute me
13:30:07 [Zakim]
hhalpin was not muted, hhalpin
13:30:11 [danbri]
Dom:
13:30:27 [danbri]
... cochaired the barcelona workshop, work on w3c's mobile web initiative
13:30:28 [dom]
zakim, mute me
13:30:32 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
13:30:32 [jeffs]
zakim, ??P24 is me
13:30:35 [Zakim]
+jeffs; got it
13:30:39 [danbri]
alex korth
13:30:42 [danbri]
...berlin germany
13:30:47 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0003.html Alex Korth's intro
13:30:48 [danbri]
privacy issues, social media
13:30:59 [danbri]
PPA: Tim A....
13:31:04 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0010.html Tim Anglade's intro
13:31:09 [karl]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:09 [karl]
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/ http://twitter.com/karlpro
13:31:09 [Zakim]
karl should no longer be muted
13:31:10 [danbri]
...representing ... (missed sorry)
13:31:17 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0026.html Karl's intro
13:31:26 [danbri]
Karl Dubost: social network ... ... giving ppl choice about their data
13:31:26 [tinkster]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:26 [Zakim]
tinkster should no longer be muted
13:31:29 [dom]
s/... (missed sorry)/AF83/
13:31:33 [tinkster]
Toby Inkster - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0010.html
13:31:33 [danbri]
Toby Inkster ...
13:31:36 [danbri]
...see intro url
13:31:44 [MacTed]
zakim, I am +1.781.273.aauu
13:31:44 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
13:31:46 [danbri]
... involved in microformats, foaf+ssl, libre.fm
13:31:49 [tinkster]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:49 [Zakim]
tinkster was not muted, tinkster
13:31:56 [karl]
s/Dubost: social network/Dubost: social network guinea pig/
13:32:01 [tinkster]
zakim, mute me
13:32:01 [Zakim]
tinkster should now be muted
13:32:16 [danbri]
Adam B: with Boeing, lead architect, product manager for an inhouse social tool
13:32:27 [danbri]
interested in interop between this and external systems, customers/suppliers etc
13:32:31 [danbri]
security issues etc
13:32:37 [tinkster]
yes
13:32:38 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0034.html DanBri's intro
13:32:39 [karl]
zakim, mute me
13:32:39 [Zakim]
karl should now be muted
13:33:16 [danbri]
me: foaf etc
13:33:24 [danbri]
Alex Passant, ...
13:33:27 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0020.html Alexandre Passant's intro
13:33:30 [mischat_]
alex is is the SPARQL WG
13:33:39 [mischat_]
s/is is/is in/
13:33:43 [danbri]
jsalvachua: ...
13:33:57 [danbri]
mattl:
13:34:03 [tinkster]
mattl is Matt Lee, libre.fm
13:34:11 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/49F70D2E.5050405@cnuk.org Matt Lee's intro
13:34:11 [tinkster]
Don't think he's on the call.
13:34:24 [danbri]
wonsuk:
13:34:44 [mischat_]
mischat !
13:34:49 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/B4EAD1122C31304099A5CDEA5447210F01908AE4@email2 Wonsuk's intro
13:35:02 [jsalvachua]
i think i didnt unmuted me: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0034.html
13:35:04 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0022.html Howard's intro
13:35:05 [danbri]
Wonsuk Lee:
13:35:18 [danbri]
from China, ...
13:35:52 [dom]
s/Wonsuk Lee/Hao Wang/
13:35:52 [danbri]
(not china, Korea... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0023.html )
13:36:04 [danbri]
ah ok thanks
13:36:06 [hajons]
hajons has joined #swxg
13:36:24 [mischat_]
i have yet to introduce
13:36:35 [danbri]
url for Hao Wang intro?
13:36:48 [danbri]
Mischat: Mischa Tuffield ...
13:36:49 [MaciejJanik]
zakim, mute me
13:36:49 [Zakim]
sorry, MaciejJanik, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:36:50 [bblfish]
bblfish still to introduce
13:36:54 [danbri]
currently working with Garlik
13:36:56 [danbri]
thx dom
13:36:57 [yuk]
i joined late, haven't introduce myself yet
13:37:04 [danbri]
interested in distrib social network, privacy
13:37:06 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/7E13617D-C3F7-4BB9-A172-73BDDF9B414A@garlik.com Mischa's intro
13:37:10 [danbri]
an online identity protection project
13:37:20 [danbri]
prev at southampton, ... interest in lifeblogging
13:37:36 [mischat_]
touche
13:37:46 [mischat_]
http://mmt.me.uk/
13:38:04 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-social-web-talk/2009May/0030.html Hans' intro
13:38:08 [mischat_]
http://www.memoriesforlife.org/
13:38:11 [bblfish]
Henry Story, work for Sun Microsystems as Social Web Architect. Co-authored this paper for spot2009 "FOAF+SSL: RESTful Authentication for the Social Web" http://bblfish.net/tmp/2009/05/spot2009_submission_15.pdf
13:38:11 [bblfish]
I am just cycling from France to Germany (anyone know how to get good european mobile data prices?). Got a connection in a McDonald's sorry for silly music playing in background. Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish
13:38:22 [petef]
zakim, who is here
13:38:22 [Zakim]
petef, you need to end that query with '?'
13:38:29 [danbri]
Henry Story, representing Sun
13:38:32 [danbri]
foaf+ssl
13:38:36 [petef]
zakim, who is here?
13:38:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tinkster (muted), AdamB, karl (muted), jsalvachua (muted), +2, Dom (muted), oshani (muted), +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, jeffs.a, mischat_ (muted), Phil_Archer
13:38:39 [Zakim]
... (muted), cperey (muted), Hakan, AdamB?, hhalpin, wonsuk, renato (muted), BenG?, ??P10, Miquel (muted), +49.238.aann, FabGandon, jeffs, DKA, tpa, pchampin (muted),
13:38:42 [Zakim]
... +1.510.931.aarr, HenryStory, JuanCarlos, +867552878aatt, MacTed, +03858890aavv, [IPcaller]
13:38:44 [PhilA]
q+ to offer an observation that it seems that we have some common threads: interesting that we have a lot of sociologists, a good many researchers and commercial interests. It's about who can say what to whom in such a way that both parties are protected without locking down the system so much that it becomes unusable.
13:38:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hajons, MacTed, jeffs, bblfish, Jed, marie, oshani, pchampin, miquel, rreck, FabGandon, wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, Linas, mischat_, BenG, MaciejJanik, renato, petef,
13:38:49 [Zakim]
... melvster, dpalmisano, caribou, hhalpin, dom, AlexKorth, tpa, karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, jsalvachua, mattl
13:38:50 [danbri]
Ted (macted) from openlink
13:38:57 [danbri]
...open connectivity, access to information
13:39:07 [petef]
zakim, who is muted
13:39:07 [Zakim]
petef, you need to end that query with '?'
13:39:08 [danbri]
... open protocols and formats, while preserving security in an organic sense
13:39:18 [petef]
zakim, who is muted?
13:39:18 [Zakim]
I see tinkster, karl, jsalvachua, Dom, oshani, mischat_, Phil_Archer, cperey, renato, Miquel, pchampin muted
13:39:19 [danbri]
... integral to the foaf+ssl discussions, also oauth
13:39:28 [danbri]
? from sony erricson
13:39:28 [MacTed]
FOAF and then some - http://myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/tthibodeau
13:39:39 [danbri]
...mainly interested in mobile aspects, esp trust aspects
13:39:56 [danbri]
============
13:39:56 [hajons]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0014.html
13:40:03 [danbri]
Daniel A: this is quite a diverse group
13:40:12 [danbri]
telecoms, web, semweb, indusrty , startups, academia, ...
13:40:16 [dom]
zakim, draft minutes
13:40:16 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'draft minutes', dom
13:40:18 [danbri]
...app developers, ... others
13:40:21 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:40:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html dom
13:40:24 [AlexPassant]
Alexandre Passant from DERI Galway (http://deri.ie) interested in Social Web and Semantic Web interactions (semantic blogging, semantic wikis, etc). Co-author of the SIOC ontology, MOAT project, worked on various applications such as foafmap. blogging at http://apassant.net
13:40:37 [danbri]
challenge is to identify areas where we can make a difference
13:40:48 [danbri]
leverage, synergy etc :)
13:41:10 [dom]
i/Roll call:/Topic: Introductions/
13:41:18 [PhilA]
q-
13:41:21 [AlexPassant]
within the WG, I'm interested in portability of social data and mappings between different formats that aim to achieve this goal - as well as privcay
13:41:34 [hhalpin]
Zakim, q+
13:41:34 [Zakim]
I see hhalpin on the speaker queue
13:41:35 [dom]
Topic: Charter review and deliverables
13:41:40 [danbri]
...we need to review the initial deliverables we have in the charter, expectations etc
13:41:44 [yuk]
hello i didn't introduce myself yet, if still possible
13:41:55 [danbri]
....we created a 2h slot but generally that's probably too much
13:42:05 [danbri]
figure out if we want weekly vs biweekly ...
13:42:13 [danbri]
Harry wanted to talk about invited guests, ...
13:42:49 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/charter Social Web Incubator Group's charter
13:42:53 [DKA]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/charter
13:43:01 [danbri]
re deliverables, ... http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/charter#deliverables
13:43:11 [hhalpin]
DanBri, go over charter?
13:43:17 [PhilA]
scribe: PhilA
13:43:30 [PhilA]
DanBRi: Can I bounce this to Harry?
13:43:36 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
13:43:36 [Zakim]
hhalpin was not muted, hhalpin
13:44:00 [Zakim]
-FabGandon
13:44:02 [PhilA]
DB: In some of the early drafts of the charter, there were a lot of deliverables and I argued for tem to be reduced in number
13:44:04 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/charter#deliverables Proposed deliverables for the group
13:44:16 [dom]
"A use-case and requirement document that describes a number of real-world use cases and determines if solutions can be built on top of existing standards, including standards outside the W3C, and help determine what other standards may be needed. Use-cases will guide the requirements needed for future work."
13:44:18 [dom]
and
13:44:19 [tinkster]
Better to deliver more than we promise than vice versa,
13:44:21 [PhilA]
DB: If there is the capacity to produce those (dropped) delievrables, then let's do it
13:44:27 [dom]
"A document that describes how diverse, ongoing work in this area (outside and within the W3C) currently relates to the Social Web's future. This description of existing, active and past work, both on an industry level and a technical level, will seek to explain how the W3C and community at large may leverage the best of breed and highlight possible weaknesses where further work or new work would be beneficial to the Social Web."
13:44:37 [PhilA]
HH: I think it's important that everything that happens is because people want it to happen
13:44:48 [PhilA]
HH: There is a low engagement from W3C itself
13:44:50 [hhalpin]
s/HH/DKA
13:44:55 [dom]
zakim, who's noisy?
13:45:05 [PhilA]
HH: Members of the WG do the work, noone else...
13:45:05 [Zakim]
dom, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DKA (84%), MacTed (25%), [IPcaller] (20%)
13:45:12 [dom]
zakim, mute MacTed
13:45:12 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
13:45:17 [dom]
zakim, mute [IPcaller]
13:45:17 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] should now be muted
13:45:25 [PhilA]
HH: We need editors
13:45:37 [rreck]
i might be
13:45:45 [rreck]
im am on skype
13:45:50 [PhilA]
HH: Echoing DanBri's statement - more output may affect the quality of the output
13:46:10 [dom]
zakim, [IPcaller] is maybe rreck
13:46:10 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[IPcaller] is maybe rreck', dom
13:46:19 [dom]
zakim, [IPcaller] is probably rreck
13:46:19 [Zakim]
+rreck?; got it
13:46:29 [rreck]
ty
13:46:35 [PhilA]
DKA: You're more influential if you're an editor
13:46:43 [danbri]
i can scribe now
13:46:48 [danbri]
Harry: given finite time ...
13:47:08 [danbri]
...we need to produce high quality deliverables, that give w3c an idea of a clear role for its work in this area
13:47:09 [PhilA]
s/HH:/DKA:/g
13:47:14 [dom]
ScribeNick: danbri
13:47:14 [danbri]
...so lets look at scheduling strategy
13:47:30 [danbri]
harry: productive telecons with 33 people are difficult!
13:47:34 [dom]
i/Harry: given/ScribeNick: danbri/
13:47:38 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:47:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html dom
13:47:45 [danbri]
... once we know the participation, we can look at task forces aroudn topics or deliverables
13:47:49 [rreck]
task forces strike me as a good idea for focusing on deliverables
13:48:00 [FabGandon]
Zakim, +49.238.aann is me
13:48:00 [Zakim]
+FabGandon; got it
13:48:06 [DKA]
+1 use cases
13:48:06 [danbri]
looking at what we have listed for delivs, fairly std set ... a use case and requirements doc ...
13:48:08 [FabGandon]
+1 Use case
13:48:08 [PhilA]
+1 use case
13:48:08 [tinkster]
+1 use case
13:48:10 [rreck]
+1 usecase
13:48:10 [danbri]
+1 use case
13:48:11 [jeffs]
+1 use-case
13:48:11 [karl]
+1 use case
13:48:11 [cperey]
+1 use case
13:48:14 [mischat_]
+1 use case
13:48:15 [oshani]
+1 use case
13:48:16 [MacTed]
+1 use case
13:48:17 [miquel]
+1 use case
13:48:17 [wonsuk]
+1
13:48:18 [Jed]
+1 use case
13:48:20 [pchampin]
+1 use case
13:48:21 [yuk]
+1 use case
13:48:32 [rreck]
+1 use case
13:48:37 [AlexKorth]
+1 use case
13:48:41 [AlexPassant]
+1
13:48:42 [danbri]
2nd doc, more technical document, ... perhaps broader doc, than the main final report ...."details document", ...
13:48:44 [jsalvachua]
+1 use case
13:48:48 [AdamB]
+1 use case
13:48:49 [cperey]
+1 details document
13:48:53 [danbri]
...lowerlevel document and a higherlevel document
13:48:56 [dom]
[I'm interested in "user stories" more than "use cases" :) ]
13:49:03 [jeffs]
+1 use-case editor
13:49:03 [karl]
+1 use case editor
13:49:05 [PhilA]
+1 use case editor
13:49:07 [FabGandon]
+1 use case editor
13:49:15 [DKA]
woo hoo!
13:49:20 [jsalvachua]
+1 details document editor
13:49:24 [Linas]
+1 use case
13:49:27 [danbri]
Now for 2nd doc (technical doc) ... how many ppl in being editors?
13:49:31 [cperey]
+1 different docs
13:49:36 [DKA]
q+
13:49:40 [danbri]
(possibly broken into diff docs)
13:49:41 [tinkster]
+1 details document editor (but only if it's split up)
13:49:43 [karl]
+1 technical document editor (but not two at the same time)
13:49:57 [PhilA]
I'm up for editing any doc for which I am competent!
13:50:15 [danbri]
daniela: do you expect to see use cases translated into technical arch?
13:50:20 [PhilA]
(which is a small subset of the possibles of course)
13:50:32 [danbri]
...come up with a strawman arch for the social web?
13:50:39 [petef]
+1 technical document
13:50:46 [danbri]
... could include some of the enumeration of the different bits of work already going on in the community?
13:50:47 [AdamB]
+1 technical document
13:50:50 [MaciejJanik]
+1 technical document
13:50:54 [danbri]
... including work on a kind of strawman architecture?
13:51:14 [danbri]
harry: yes, ... you'd want to have strawman architectures but aslo as danbri points out existing architectures...
13:51:22 [danbri]
....look realistically at the industry forces
13:51:25 [wonsuk]
+1 technical document
13:51:39 [danbri]
...eg. maybe facebook don't want to participate, ... that's an issue but in the tech doc we can discuss their broad approach
13:51:41 [rreck]
looking at existing architectures keeps it real and grounds things in reality imho
13:51:48 [danbri]
...and how the different stacks/architectures/approaches inter-relate
13:52:01 [danbri]
... ie. some detail beyond that needed for w3c management report
13:52:26 [danbri]
DKA: it should be stated on this 1st call that our remit is not to develop new tech but to look at what's out there
13:52:34 [danbri]
... not in business in this wg of making new tech
13:52:37 [danbri]
...referencing etc
13:52:37 [bblfish]
+1 use case
13:52:45 [danbri]
q+ to qualify that
13:52:46 [rreck]
its always easier to create a poor tool (technology) than learn a good one?
13:52:49 [dom]
ack hhal
13:52:51 [dom]
ack dka
13:52:55 [FabGandon]
+1 technical document
13:53:07 [dom]
q?
13:53:07 [danbri]
dka: 2nd thing re deliverables ,...
13:53:11 [DKA]
ack meq?
13:53:13 [DKA]
q?
13:53:15 [DKA]
ack me
13:53:16 [danbri]
harry: final report is a bit difficult, it isn't a details report ...
13:53:27 [mattl]
sorry danbri
13:53:29 [danbri]
.... final report is what w3c should do (eg. recommend new groups)
13:53:40 [jsalvachua]
should be a state of the art for actual solutions/ architectures
13:53:49 [danbri]
... can invite externals in to speak
13:53:55 [danbri]
... see what their needs, goals etc are
13:54:06 [danbri]
... final report will be shorter, focussed on future role of w3c
13:54:12 [jeffs]
charge is to "propose a way forward", not yet to build
13:54:19 [danbri]
... may have more deliverables beyond that, but this is the core
13:54:31 [cperey]
+1 final report editor
13:54:31 [danbri]
can you write +1 "final report editor" in irc if you want to help with that
13:54:35 [tpa]
+1 final report editor
13:54:36 [danbri]
danbri: +1 final report ed
13:54:42 [tinkster]
+1 final report editor
13:54:49 [dom]
ack dan
13:54:49 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to qualify that
13:54:51 [danbri]
ack me
13:54:55 [Jed]
+1 final report editor
13:54:59 [FabGandon]
+1 final report editor
13:55:11 [mischat_]
good stuff danbri
13:55:11 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
13:55:11 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
13:55:20 [PhilA]
DanBri: Although the group don't do tech development there's nothing to stop members forming ad hoc groups to go off and do something with real code and real tools
13:55:34 [PhilA]
... the FOAF+SSL is a good examppe of this
13:55:51 [PhilA]
... it doesn't necessarily need standardising but it's good stuff
13:56:13 [jeffs]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:56:14 [danbri]
dfa: re foaf+ssl, it isn't so much new technology, but interesting recombination
13:56:14 [PhilA]
DKA: The FOAF+SSL is not really new tech, it's a combination of existing technologies so it's a grey area
13:56:19 [mischat_]
Zakim: who is speaking
13:56:24 [Zakim]
jeffs, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DKA (32%), danbri (4%), +03858890aavv (15%)
13:56:30 [danbri]
... or at least a grey area
13:56:38 [danbri]
DFA: and we can be identifying gaps
13:56:43 [cperey]
+1 identifying gaps
13:56:52 [danbri]
... putting a stricture on yourself is a way to understand what the gaps are
13:56:53 [PhilA]
s/DFA/DKA/
13:57:02 [Linas]
+1 technical document
13:57:22 [DKA]
q+
13:57:22 [bblfish]
yes, I should put a list of gaps for foaf+ssl
13:57:25 [DKA]
ack me
13:57:36 [danbri]
q+ to show the notes feature
13:57:39 [danbri]
q?
13:57:53 [danbri]
ack danbri
13:57:53 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to show the notes feature
13:58:27 [danbri]
DKA: next charter section ... list of dependencies
13:58:31 [hhalpin]
ACTION: hhalpin to ask for Trackbot
13:58:33 [danbri]
... any additional dependencies?
13:58:50 [renato]
RI can do PLING
13:58:51 [karl]
I'm on html5 wg
13:59:04 [Zakim]
-JuanCarlos
13:59:31 [hhalpin]
q+
13:59:40 [karl]
danbri, we could also make queries on the group database
13:59:43 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #swxg
13:59:43 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
13:59:43 [trackbot]
If you want to associate this channel with an existing Tracker, please say 'trackbot, associate this channel with #channel' (where #channel is the name of default channel for the group)
13:59:44 [AlexPassant]
I can do SPARQL; and SIOC (while Uldis Bojars and John Breslin are also in the XG )
13:59:55 [danbri]
action: danbri suggest some names/contacts for other group liaisons
13:59:55 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
14:00:08 [karl]
maybe dom, or someone from the systeam, could extract the cross participation
14:00:24 [dom]
trackbot, bye
14:00:24 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #swxg
14:00:30 [Zakim]
-cperey
14:00:45 [hhalpin]
ack hhalpin
14:00:50 [tpa]
q+
14:00:52 [mischat_]
steve harris may come to future meetings to bridge swxg and sparql wg
14:01:04 [danbri]
re invited ghuests:
14:01:10 [danbri]
harry: 2 diff things to do on a telecon
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+cperey
14:01:18 [danbri]
... 1 is make and write deliverables
14:01:27 [danbri]
... can do that in smaller groups, eg tf-based
14:01:35 [danbri]
(mail or phone, ... whatever)
14:01:39 [cperey]
can we go back to the task force documents?
14:01:45 [danbri]
... but we can take that tf discussion offline
14:01:51 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
14:01:51 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
14:01:52 [danbri]
... we can maintain weekly meetings
14:02:05 [danbri]
....but every bi-weekly we devote it to one of the groups listed in the dependencies
14:02:23 [danbri]
... so that everyone can dial in and listen to how someone things their tech helps the social web, and how relates to w3c
14:02:28 [petef]
apologies to the meeting but I have to duck out now, will catch up on the list
14:02:31 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
14:02:33 [danbri]
... eg also things it might need help with, or not be good for
14:02:37 [petef]
petef has left #swxg
14:02:43 [Zakim]
-mischat_
14:03:01 [jeffs]
+1 to alternate mtgs being devoted to hearing this, but maybe just for one cycle to begin with?
14:03:10 [rreck]
+1
14:03:10 [danbri]
q+ to suggest minor tweak: biweekly neednt be outsiders, but good to have substantive technical content periodically (biweekly fine)
14:03:18 [AlexKorth]
dedicating telecons to particular ongoing activities within the social web is a great idea!
14:03:24 [renato]
renato redialing (droped out)
14:03:28 [danbri]
harry: clear procuess for moving input from externals into docs
14:03:30 [rreck]
i think sounds like a great idea
14:03:34 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:03:34 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:03:44 [danbri]
... alternate weeks can be insider stuff, writing docs, task forces etc
14:03:52 [hhalpin]
+1 agrees with DanBri
14:03:55 [danbri]
dka: good idea
14:03:56 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
14:03:56 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
14:04:00 [danbri]
... but q of how long the calls should be
14:04:10 [danbri]
... strawman fwd of 1h calls
14:04:17 [dom]
[I think 2 hours is too long; 1h per week sounds good]
14:04:18 [jeffs]
nothing gets done after an hour of a mtg
14:04:20 [danbri]
... 1h call has to start on time
14:04:22 [rreck]
+1 one hour calls started on time
14:04:27 [danbri]
a 2h call is a big chunk of the day
14:04:29 [bblfish]
it seems that a presentation should not last more than 30min
14:04:31 [miquel]
+1 one hour calls started on time
14:04:36 [jsalvachua]
+1 one hour
14:04:42 [danbri]
dka: issue with invited speakers, ... getting a pipeline ...
14:04:42 [rreck]
+1 30 minutes presentations
14:04:42 [pchampin]
+1 one hour
14:04:44 [Jed]
+1 hour call
14:04:44 [Zakim]
+??P25
14:04:55 [danbri]
.... who takes on role of getting them lined up
14:05:02 [renato]
zakim, i am +??P25
14:05:02 [Zakim]
sorry, renato, I do not see a party named '+??P25'
14:05:03 [AlexKorth]
30 mins presentation + 30 mins discussion
14:05:09 [danbri]
q+ to volunteer some pipeline role
14:05:13 [karl]
Technical doc potential editors: jsalvachua, tinkster, karl
14:05:13 [karl]
Use Case potential Editor: jeffs, karl, PhilA, FabGandon
14:05:13 [karl]
Final report potential editors: cperey, tpa, danbri, tinkster, Jed, FabGandon
14:05:31 [danbri]
harry: keep invite talk to 30 mins q+a, ... rest of time for feedback, discussion etc
14:05:31 [AdamB]
what about 30 minutes presentation, 30 minutes q/a with presenter, 30 minutes group action discussion
14:05:34 [DKA]
q?
14:05:35 [danbri]
yep
14:05:40 [rreck]
if person can send us stuff to read first it should be possible
14:05:51 [danbri]
harry: this 1st call always going to be a bit tricky, as people get used to the tooling
14:05:55 [danbri]
... use the wiki over next week
14:06:07 [danbri]
... can use wiki to let people update and add themselves
14:06:15 [danbri]
eg. we could start with mobile and contexts
14:06:19 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:06:19 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:06:20 [rreck]
can we vote on speakers we think are important?
14:06:21 [DKA]
ack tpa
14:06:30 [renato]
zakim, mute me
14:06:30 [Zakim]
renato was already muted, renato
14:06:42 [danbri]
tpa: re invited speakers, ... missing the point of those ...
14:07:08 [danbri]
... sad to see us spend too much time on those
14:07:19 [danbri]
... when could be doing research, etc
14:07:26 [hhalpin]
thought research+other work could be done on alternating weeks...
14:07:27 [danbri]
karl, yes i think so re wiki
14:07:41 [hhalpin]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Main_Page
14:07:42 [mischat_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Main_Page
14:07:42 [rreck]
my comment is that real work is grounding your efforts in the existing environment
14:07:55 [danbri]
dka: incubator group is what we make of it...
14:08:14 [danbri]
dka: curious to hear from others re invited speakers mechanism
14:08:28 [danbri]
... i like it as it helps expose us to ideas outside those immediately recommended here
14:08:38 [tpa]
q+
14:08:43 [danbri]
... the real work we commit to, ...
14:08:53 [DKA]
ack danbri
14:08:53 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to suggest minor tweak: biweekly neednt be outsiders, but good to have substantive technical content periodically (biweekly fine) and to volunteer some pipeline
14:08:55 [Zakim]
... role
14:09:42 [PhilA]
DanBRi: One reason I like the invited speaker idea is that W3C is often seen as the big slow consortium that lumbers along behind the people who are doing the real work.
14:10:00 [PhilA]
... That's not fair or true but things like OAuth, Open Social and so on are improtant
14:10:22 [PhilA]
... but poorly connected to the things that W3C does well (accessibility, mobile, i18n)
14:10:37 [rreck]
i agree the speaker effort pushes the envelope the right direction
14:10:41 [PhilA]
... it would be good to give other projects a way to bring them into contact with what W3C does well
14:10:42 [DKA]
ack tpa
14:11:14 [hhalpin]
We could also have the task forces meet weekly.
14:11:37 [hhalpin]
If people think that biweekly doesn't give them enough "work time".
14:11:43 [hhalpin]
Note that also I was not talking about tutorials.
14:11:46 [rreck]
ok, if the information is available in advance let's regularly review it as ciriculum
14:11:48 [PhilA]
TPA: Most of those people have places on the Web that people can look up. I'm not sure that it's a good sue of time. We need to focus our effort - looking at other peopkle's work is something anyone can do any time
14:11:49 [danbri]
q+
14:11:53 [DKA]
q?
14:11:54 [rreck]
i see your point
14:11:54 [karl]
-> http://www.w3.org/2009/01/29-oauth-minutes OAuth Project Review
14:12:02 [hhalpin]
but also about the role of the W3C and standardization in their work.
14:12:11 [DKA]
ack danbri
14:12:17 [karl]
This is an example of an invited speaker who introduced the concepts of OAuth to W3C Staff
14:12:20 [hhalpin]
So, for example, tutorials on blogs and video won't talk about accessibility issues in OpenSocial :)
14:12:44 [PhilA]
DanBri: This is not tuorial material. We expect everyone to be able to read up before hand. It's 'how does this tech relate to otehr things on the Web'
14:13:00 [PhilA]
... e.g. calendar folk had some accessibility issues
14:13:04 [rreck]
so maybe the forum of the speaker should be intended to be more interactive than traditional talk at you presentations
14:13:21 [tinkster]
s/calendar folk/hCalendar/
14:13:23 [mischat_]
given the short time span, and the fact that we are not set out to implement anything, getting other experts involved to give their insight seems like it would be useful...
14:13:37 [PhilA]
DanBri: It shouldn't necessarily be a regular event - that sounds like a weekly conference
14:13:45 [danbri]
q?
14:13:48 [danbri]
ack me
14:13:49 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will hold weekly hour-long calls. Every other call will be an "invited speaker" call where we will have at least a half-hour invited speaker to talk or discuss an external technology or project (e.g. Microformats). Speakers to be organized via wiki.
14:14:07 [rreck]
lets call them discussions
14:14:08 [karl]
+1 to Danbri's proposal. It helps to focus on current implementations and then stay connected with some commercial constraints and realities
14:14:31 [danbri]
propose revision, "topical discussion" rather than "invited speaker"; the invited person might be on the group or not ...
14:14:37 [cperey]
+q
14:14:46 [cperey]
unmute me
14:14:49 [PhilA]
q+ to suggest a slight modification to the resolution
14:14:57 [danbri]
...but it will be a guided discussion with a technical theme, and the group expected to do their background reading 1st
14:15:01 [DKA]
q?
14:15:01 [cperey]
zakim, unmute me
14:15:02 [Zakim]
cperey should no longer be muted
14:15:05 [DKA]
ack cp
14:15:23 [rreck]
so the speaker should be expected to present reading in advance
14:15:24 [danbri]
cperey: i'd like to see this invited speaker system used to track or fill-in gaps in our knowledge
14:15:30 [danbri]
...not rehash things that we know well already
14:15:40 [rreck]
+1 no re-hashing of well known information
14:15:48 [hhalpin]
+1 using topical discussions to attract things we don't know and platform providers
14:15:50 [danbri]
... to attract more platform providers, social networks such as facebook, myspace, ... to tell us what they're doing
14:16:03 [danbri]
dka: yes, and we could also use this mechanism to bring in some of the startups in the social space
14:16:14 [danbri]
...eg mobile social startups who are working on innovative ideas around social web, ...
14:16:32 [danbri]
... who may be disconneted from communities of practice around both trad standards, but also from oauth, microformats etc
14:16:35 [cperey]
+q
14:16:43 [danbri]
... and could have as much to gain from getting connected here as vice-versa
14:16:51 [danbri]
so a different kind of invited speaker
14:16:52 [rreck]
since several of our orientations is toward privacy or information ownership should we slant presentations in that direction?
14:17:10 [danbri]
cperey: we'll go down the lists from the charter, but not clear these are the ones who need to be invited
14:17:11 [rreck]
s/presentations/discussions/
14:17:30 [danbri]
...eg. we don't *need* presentations on foaf, dataportability, oauth, ....
14:17:50 [danbri]
dka: it isn't to have tutorials presented, ... rather how they fit into the social web ecosystem ...
14:17:54 [rreck]
i think we should vote on the topics WE all feel are relevant
14:18:02 [dom]
should we ask someone to look into organizing the first topical discussion, and see whether that's worth repeating on a regular basis?
14:18:03 [cperey]
challenging discussions are good
14:18:04 [PhilA]
ack me
14:18:05 [Zakim]
PhilA, you wanted to suggest a slight modification to the resolution
14:18:06 [DKA]
ack phila
14:18:08 [cperey]
zakim, unmute me
14:18:08 [Zakim]
cperey was not muted, cperey
14:18:20 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
14:18:20 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
14:18:23 [danbri]
phila: a lot of sympathy with what christine says ... not being told about things we need to know about ,...
14:18:30 [danbri]
...but 30 mins sounds quite a long time, ...
14:18:35 [danbri]
quite a long slot in many situations
14:18:39 [dom]
q+
14:18:45 [dom]
q- cperey
14:18:45 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will hold weekly hour-long calls. Every other call will be an "invited speaker" call where we will have at least a half-hour invited speaker to talk/q&a or discuss an external technology or project (e.g. Microformats). Speakers to be organized via wiki.
14:18:49 [DKA]
ack dom
14:18:49 [dom]
ack me
14:18:51 [karl]
q+ to talk about reviews by professionals
14:18:58 [miquel]
20min including discussion, then?
14:18:59 [tinkster]
perhaps timeslot length dependent on degree of relevence and complexity of the thing being discussed?
14:19:05 [cperey]
+1 and the presenter should submit links for advanced reading
14:19:06 [danbri]
q+ to note that some of these external consultations could be purely by email or IRC (and that microformats people are very much not inclined to phone calls)
14:19:07 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will hold weekly hour-long calls.
14:19:18 [DKA]
q?
14:19:25 [danbri]
dom: lets take a decision ... 30 mins isn't so long
14:19:37 [cperey]
+1
14:19:42 [karl]
zakim, unmute me
14:19:42 [Zakim]
karl should no longer be muted
14:19:42 [mischat_]
+ 1
14:19:45 [DKA]
ack karl
14:19:45 [Zakim]
karl, you wanted to talk about reviews by professionals
14:19:46 [danbri]
re oauth, an example topic might be: http://oauth.net/advisories/2009-1
14:19:48 [bblfish]
15 min makes sense. Depends on what the subject is. If we want to hear of people, but for them to see what we are doing then, 15min is much better 10 minutes even better, it gives the listener 50 minutes to see what we are doing
14:20:02 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:20:02 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:20:11 [danbri]
karl: review ... would be by professionals
14:20:30 [danbri]
... a way to find out if what we're doing [missed]
14:20:33 [DKA]
q?
14:20:39 [danbri]
Karl, can you scribe that, audio was bit muffled
14:20:44 [tinkster]
+1
14:20:46 [tpa]
+1
14:20:46 [oshani]
+1
14:20:47 [miquel]
+1
14:20:48 [mischat_]
+1
14:20:48 [danbri]
+1 for weekly 1h
14:20:49 [FabGandon]
+1
14:20:49 [cperey]
+1
14:20:50 [dom]
+1 on weekly hour calls
14:20:50 [MaciejJanik]
+1
14:20:51 [yuk]
+1
14:20:51 [pchampin]
+1
14:20:52 [tinkster]
+1
14:20:53 [hhalpin]
+1
14:20:53 [PhilA]
+1
14:20:54 [MacTed]
+1 weekly 1h
14:20:54 [DKA]
ack danbri
14:20:54 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to note that some of these external consultations could be purely by email or IRC (and that microformats people are very much not inclined to phone calls)
14:20:54 [jsalvachua]
+1
14:21:01 [rreck]
+!
14:21:03 [bblfish]
+1 for one hour meetings.
14:21:03 [rreck]
+1
14:21:06 [hajons]
+1
14:21:30 [AdamB]
+1
14:21:39 [wonsuk]
+1 on weekly hour calls
14:21:44 [karl]
s/[missed]/is useful. Help to focus on writing stuff which can be directly usable by current social networks./
14:22:21 [danbri]
dka: re invited speakers, i support the idea of trying it out, ...
14:23:40 [hhalpin]
q+
14:23:59 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
14:23:59 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
14:24:03 [mischat_]
is there any discussion with respect to who the "external groups" should be? Or is the current list final
14:24:04 [danbri]
how about ... action: danbri propose an external speakers process
14:24:13 [DKA]
ack hhalpin
14:24:16 [danbri]
resolution: agreed 1h weekly concall
14:24:38 [dom]
ACTION: Danbri to propose an external speakers process to the mailing list
14:24:42 [PhilA]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:24:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html PhilA
14:24:44 [danbri]
dka: we don't have much time on telecons, ... so it is very important that we make the agenda concise, address needs of the group
14:24:52 [hhalpin]
"PROPOSAL"
14:24:55 [danbri]
... useful if we can do as much as possible on the list
14:25:03 [DKA]
s/dka/hhalpin/
14:25:09 [danbri]
... proposals can be technical, editorial, ...
14:25:13 [danbri]
...or procedural
14:25:31 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:25:31 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:25:36 [dom]
[in general, it is indeed a good idea to do as much work as possible on the mailing list, esp. on big groups like this one]
14:26:13 [danbri]
DKA: we also talked about taskforces ... whether to discuss that today
14:26:18 [danbri]
... likely we'll have some TFs ...
14:26:28 [danbri]
... predicated on different groups of people on the group
14:26:38 [hhalpin]
Perhaps people could send proposals out to the list?
14:26:45 [danbri]
(yup)
14:26:45 [cperey]
we did a lot of thinking on task forces in February
14:26:57 [cperey]
can we please review past work on that
14:27:02 [cperey]
zakim unmute me
14:27:15 [cperey]
zakim, unmute me
14:27:15 [Zakim]
cperey should no longer be muted
14:27:16 [PhilA]
zakim, unmute cperey
14:27:16 [Zakim]
cperey was not muted, PhilA
14:27:16 [DKA]
zakim, unmute cp
14:27:17 [Zakim]
cperey was not muted, DKA
14:27:27 [renato]
renato has to drop out now...
14:27:29 [karl]
[I second dom on working on the mailing list and not offlist through emails. It really helps to engage in shared work.]
14:27:36 [danbri]
cperey: [re taskforces], ... i think that there was a lot of effort put into thinking about natural taskforces ...
14:27:47 [Zakim]
-??P25
14:27:48 [danbri]
...based on those at the workshop
14:27:58 [danbri]
... re-use, or examine, the TFs that were proposed there
14:28:02 [hhalpin]
trying to find that link...
14:28:08 [cperey]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/UnifiedSocialXG
14:28:10 [PhilA]
zaki, P25 was Renato
14:28:15 [Linas]
sorry, I have really to leave now, will look at the minutes + mailing-list
14:28:23 [PhilA]
zakim, P25 was Renato
14:28:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'P25 was Renato', PhilA
14:28:32 [danbri]
dka: in process of whittling down the agenda (charter? -ed) the longer list got dropped ....
14:28:33 [PhilA]
zakim, P25 is Renato
14:28:34 [Zakim]
sorry, PhilA, I do not recognize a party named 'P25'
14:28:35 [danbri]
...but valuable work
14:28:35 [dom]
zakim,zakim, ??P25 is renato
14:28:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'zakim, ??P25 is renato', dom
14:28:40 [cperey]
sure
14:28:43 [dom]
zakim, ??P25 is renato
14:28:43 [Zakim]
I already had ??P25 as ??P25, dom
14:28:52 [dom]
zakim, ??P25 is really renato
14:28:52 [Zakim]
+renato; got it
14:28:53 [danbri]
action: Christine send summary of the previous XG TF proposals to the list
14:29:02 [Linas]
bye
14:29:18 [cperey]
zakim, mute me
14:29:18 [Zakim]
cperey should now be muted
14:29:18 [danbri]
dka: agenda review ...
14:29:23 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
14:29:23 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
14:29:24 [danbri]
... we've covered much of it
14:29:55 [danbri]
harry: how to manage agenda for the next meeting?
14:30:03 [Zakim]
-BenG?
14:30:14 [tinkster]
Can we organise agendas on the Wiki?
14:30:21 [danbri]
... also re docs, editing etc., if people want to stay on the call, we can walk through some of the technicalities of the wiki etc
14:30:33 [danbri]
i like idea of an agenda-fodder area of the wiki
14:30:34 [jeffs]
+1 to using the wiki to organize the agendas
14:30:35 [tinkster]
I've not been able to log in to wiki
14:30:35 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Main_Page Social Web wiki
14:30:36 [cperey]
what about having a session for those NEW TO W3C?
14:30:55 [bblfish]
we need a foaf+ssl enabled wiki :-)
14:30:57 [danbri]
re tutorial session, can we do that but not today? it coudl do with some prep i think
14:31:05 [pchampin]
+1 foaf+ssl wiki :)
14:31:36 [tinkster]
bblfish: I have FOAF+SSL+OpenID working with MediaWiki's OpenID plugin for a while.
14:31:42 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:31:42 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:31:48 [mischat_]
who do we email if our w3c login doesn't work on the wiki
14:31:50 [tinkster]
s/have/had/ :-(
14:31:51 [hhalpin]
PROPOSAL: Agenda planning on wiki
14:31:55 [danbri]
dka: +1 on agenda-priming on the wiki
14:31:57 [cperey]
wiki log in
14:31:58 [jeffs]
+1
14:31:58 [dom]
s/bblfish: I/bblfish, I/
14:32:15 [cperey]
let's make sure that everybody can get on the wiki!
14:32:17 [hhalpin]
E-mail me if your login doesn't work, and can look into it. Please do provide as much details as possible.
14:32:24 [mischat_]
ok
14:32:30 [danbri]
i get, "Login error: Incorrect password entered. Please try again. "
14:32:33 [bblfish]
so that would make an very useful use case.
14:32:35 [mischat_]
yeah me too
14:32:36 [danbri]
and it upcases danbri to "DanBri" ...
14:33:00 [danbri]
(let's get a few people polished with the tools, ...)
14:33:07 [danbri]
dka: we should be eating our own dogfood
14:33:21 [mischat_]
foaf+ssl login to wiki ...
14:33:25 [danbri]
(if you know that crude phrase, "practice what your preach", "use the techniology you're talking about", etc)
14:33:42 [tinkster]
Supposedly dog food salesmen used to actually eat their own dogfood to demonstrate how good it was.
14:33:55 [danbri]
dka: ...to create a sense of community, some kind of online social community eg identi.ca, ... twitter-like tools ...
14:33:59 [hhalpin]
it would be nice if a blog-post summarized each meeting as well.
14:34:03 [danbri]
strawman proposal: an identi.ca server, or ...
14:34:10 [tinkster]
http://identi.ca/group/swxg
14:34:24 [danbri]
i did make an identi.ca group, "socialweb" a while back, http://identi.ca/group/socialweb
14:34:29 [danbri]
dka: also potential for f2f meeting
14:34:43 [danbri]
...there is a planned TPAC (tech plenary and advisory cottee meeting) in california in November
14:34:48 [hhalpin]
so you should be able to use your "W3C" account and login.
14:35:10 [dom]
ack me
14:35:16 [PhilA]
I believe it wiould be welcome, yes
14:35:21 [danbri]
dom: yes, believe that will happen
14:35:28 [dom]
TPAC2009: 2-6 November 2009, Santa Clara Marriott, CA, USA
14:35:33 [danbri]
dka: some of us could use that to meet f2f
14:35:43 [danbri]
...and to engage with bay area / san fran tech scene
14:35:48 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:35:48 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:36:13 [PhilA]
Ning and FB are among those that are nearby of course...
14:36:34 [cperey]
good plan (for Nov face to face meeting)
14:36:36 [danbri]
dka: do we have f2f before then?
14:36:38 [hhalpin]
Zakim, unmute me
14:36:38 [Zakim]
hhalpin should no longer be muted
14:37:05 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:37:05 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:37:10 [danbri]
harry: nov is fine
14:37:22 [danbri]
q+ to suggest smaller ad hoc meetings could be likely, and useful
14:37:23 [hhalpin]
ideally, we'll have drafts of everything by November.
14:37:28 [AlexKorth]
open stack, e.g. plaxo guys mccrea and smarr, could be invited. no, smarr talks to fast
14:37:29 [DKA]
q?
14:37:34 [DKA]
ack danbri
14:37:34 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to suggest smaller ad hoc meetings could be likely, and useful
14:37:38 [cperey]
Q: are there 2 wikis ? http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Main_Page and identi.ca?
14:37:55 [tinkster]
identi.ca is not a wiki but a microblog (like twitter)
14:37:57 [PhilA]
DanBRi: It's quite likely that various members of this group will meet up during the year through otehr occasions
14:38:12 [PhilA]
DKA: People should self-organise their own meet ups
14:38:24 [hhalpin]
q+
14:38:29 [AdamB]
plaxo is located there as well
14:38:32 [dom]
also, note that this IRC channel can be used also outside of teleconferences to help sync with others in the group
14:38:43 [danbri]
dka: i suppor the idea that ppl within the group should self-org their own meetups, get togethers etc., .... part of the trend in mobile social networking ... is that people use the tech to more efficiently meet up in person
14:38:59 [danbri]
fwiw I am "danbri" on dopplr.com and happy to be linked to other SWXG people on that service
14:39:00 [karl]
cperey, identi.ca is a twitter-like messenger service based on laconi.ca open platform developed by Evan Prodomou and Robin Millette in Montreal, Canada.
14:39:14 [hhalpin]
ACTION: HarryH to help debug wiki
14:39:17 [danbri]
(noting that my openid setup is broken at moment due to hacked homepage, so i cannot log into dopplr, identi.ca etc :)
14:39:20 [DKA]
q?
14:39:23 [DKA]
ack hh
14:40:02 [tinkster]
140 chars
14:40:06 [danbri]
harry: this week in html5 is quite useful
14:40:11 [MacTed]
URI to summary...
14:40:15 [karl]
I volunteer
14:40:20 [karl]
for making summaries
14:40:25 [PhilA]
Yes, Harry - but it's usually done by the chair ;-)
14:40:27 [danbri]
( i think harary isn't talking about http://lastweekinhtml5.blogspot.com/ )
14:40:27 [tinkster]
summary on wiki, post uri to identi.ca
14:40:43 [danbri]
dka: can we post minutes into the wiki?
14:40:46 [dom]
seems like an overkill to me
14:40:53 [PhilA]
+1 to Dom
14:40:58 [hhalpin]
Well, if someone could post a quick summary to the wiki.
14:41:02 [karl]
I will create a last weekin social network xg
14:41:03 [rreck]
i think the minutes are the minutes
14:41:05 [hhalpin]
then we can put the URI out.
14:41:07 [tinkster]
+1 to Dom, minutes look quite noisy.
14:41:14 [PhilA]
but the minutes are public anyway so it's copying material
14:41:58 [danbri]
harry: often there are breaking news (eg. some facebook/rss thing)
14:42:06 [danbri]
... gather key sources (feeds etc)
14:42:07 [hhalpin]
Zakim, mute me
14:42:07 [Zakim]
hhalpin should now be muted
14:42:14 [hhalpin]
Anyone wnat to volunteer for that?
14:42:20 [AlexKorth]
i said that about facebook. i could repost my twitter stuff (@alexkorth) to identi.ca
14:42:31 [hhalpin]
We could do reposts to a page on the wiki as well...
14:42:32 [MacTed]
mailing list *far* preferred, to me
14:42:56 [danbri]
there's also delicious.com
14:43:00 [danbri]
who is talking?
14:43:01 [hhalpin]
Sounds like time's up.
14:43:09 [danbri]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:43:09 [MacTed]
someone's put us on hold
14:43:09 [hhalpin]
:)
14:43:12 [rreck]
i guess that is all
14:43:16 [mischat_]
zakim who is talking ?
14:43:18 [bblfish]
very nice music
14:43:20 [Zakim]
danbri, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DKA (15%)
14:43:20 [rreck]
thanks for watching
14:43:22 [bblfish]
please more
14:43:24 [danbri]
:)
14:43:26 [AlexKorth]
hehe :)
14:43:31 [Jed]
the production value of this call is amazing!
14:43:31 [hhalpin]
Was that a new Zakim feature?
14:43:42 [marie]
:)
14:43:48 [danbri]
dka: adjourning...
14:43:51 [jeffs]
my W3C account is also rejected when trying to log onto the wiki, is tehre a contact person?
14:43:52 [tinkster]
official swxg anthem
14:43:59 [hhalpin]
Let's start using that listserv...
14:44:09 [danbri]
dka: adjourned!
14:44:10 [bblfish]
by
14:44:11 [tinkster]
same time, same place?
14:44:12 [karl]
thanks everyone.
14:44:12 [hhalpin]
Re the wiki, post me all the news.
14:44:13 [mischat_]
bye
14:44:13 [Jed]
great!
14:44:15 [bblfish]
bye
14:44:15 [rreck]
bubye
14:44:15 [hhalpin]
Yes, same time same place.
14:44:16 [cperey]
exactly same coordinagtes next week?
14:44:16 [Zakim]
-Dom
14:44:17 [hajons]
bye
14:44:17 [Zakim]
-jeffs.a
14:44:18 [Zakim]
- +03858890aavv
14:44:19 [miquel]
thx, bye!
14:44:21 [Jed]
cue spanish guitar music again?
14:44:21 [Zakim]
-oshani
14:44:21 [Zakim]
-karl
14:44:21 [wonsuk]
bye
14:44:22 [Zakim]
-tpa
14:44:22 [Zakim]
-Phil_Archer
14:44:22 [BenG]
bye all
14:44:23 [Zakim]
-tinkster
14:44:25 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #swxg
14:44:26 [Zakim]
-AdamB
14:44:26 [jsalvachua]
bye see
14:44:27 [danbri]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:44:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html danbri
14:44:29 [Zakim]
- +867552878aatt
14:44:29 [Zakim]
-cperey
14:44:29 [hhalpin]
Hopefully all bureaucracy can be finished by next meeting :)
14:44:32 [Zakim]
- +1.801.949.aagg
14:44:33 [AlexKorth]
thanks to all of you!
14:44:33 [Zakim]
-HenryStory
14:44:33 [jsalvachua]
bye
14:44:35 [Zakim]
-FabGandon
14:44:38 [Zakim]
-jeffs
14:44:39 [Zakim]
-Hakan
14:44:40 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:44:41 [Zakim]
-MacTed
14:44:44 [Zakim]
- +2
14:44:45 [Zakim]
- +1.510.931.aarr
14:44:48 [Zakim]
-DKA
14:44:49 [Zakim]
-pchampin
14:44:51 [jeffs]
anybody with admin rights at the wiki still on irc???
14:44:52 [Zakim]
-??P10
14:44:54 [Zakim]
-Miquel
14:44:54 [hhalpin]
Re the wiki, I don't have "admin" rights per se.
14:44:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jsalvachua (muted), danbri, AdamB?, hhalpin (muted), renato (muted), rreck? (muted)
14:44:59 [Zakim]
-rreck?
14:44:59 [hhalpin]
I just asked for it to be set-up.
14:45:01 [Zakim]
-danbri
14:45:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hajons, MacTed, jeffs, bblfish, marie, oshani, miquel, rreck, FabGandon, wonsuk, DKA, PhilA, cperey, BenG, MaciejJanik, melvster, dpalmisano, caribou, hhalpin, dom,
14:45:06 [rreck]
i left
14:45:11 [Zakim]
... AlexKorth, tpa, karl, tinkster, RRSAgent, Zakim, AdamB, danbri, yuk, AlexPassant, mattl
14:45:11 [dom]
hhalpin, get in touch with sysreq
14:45:18 [PhilA]
PhilA has left #swxg
14:45:22 [hhalpin]
Will do, but I need a good description of the problem.
14:45:22 [Zakim]
-renato
14:45:27 [Zakim]
-AdamB?
14:45:27 [tinkster]
Are other people having trouble logging in to SWXG wiki?
14:45:29 [Zakim]
-jsalvachua
14:45:29 [hhalpin]
It seems to work just fine for me.
14:45:40 [dom]
I think anybody not on the Team is not able to join the group, hhalpin
14:45:44 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #swxg
14:45:45 [tinkster]
I get "Login error: Incorrect password entered. Please try again."
14:45:45 [hhalpin]
Could everyone whose having problems e-mail me, ideally with your login (passowrd) not needed.
14:45:49 [jeffs]
I am also unable to log on using my normal W3C username & password
14:46:00 [hhalpin]
OK, it appears wiki has not been setup right.
14:46:03 [hhalpin]
Nevermind e-mailing me.
14:46:04 [dom]
hhalpin, I suspect the wiki isn't bound to the XG participants list
14:46:05 [jeffs]
okay, will email
14:46:11 [tinkster]
Using username:tinkster ; password:(my password) ; domain:"W3C Accounts"
14:46:16 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:46:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html dom
14:46:16 [hhalpin]
It appears to have permissions bound not the XG participants, but to W3C members only.
14:46:16 [jeffs]
okay, *won't* email <grin/>
14:46:23 [hhalpin]
Or perhaps even Team Members.
14:46:32 [DKA]
Thanks Dom!
14:46:44 [jeffs]
I am a W3C member & it is rejecting e as well
14:46:44 [hhalpin]
I'll send w3c sysreq an e-mail today.
14:46:59 [jeffs]
tnx
14:47:11 [jeffs]
bye now
14:47:13 [hhalpin]
Sorry, we asked for it to be bound to SWXG participants, probably a small switch is off somewhere...
14:49:15 [melvster]
melvster has joined #swxg
14:49:30 [danbri]
rrsagent, pointer?
14:49:30 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-irc#T14-49-30
14:51:33 [PovAddict]
PovAddict has joined #swxg
14:51:38 [danbri]
ACTION: Christine send summary of the previous XG TF proposals to the list
14:51:44 [danbri]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:51:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html danbri
14:52:17 [dom]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:52:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hhalpin
14:52:19 [danbri]
oops, i added that action twice ... my browser had cached an elarier version
14:52:20 [dom]
zakim, drop hhalpin
14:52:20 [Zakim]
hhalpin is being disconnected
14:52:21 [Zakim]
INC_SWXG()9:00AM has ended
14:52:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0785583aaaa, +95177aabb, pchampin, +1.314.683.aacc, tinkster, +34.91.549.aaee, karl, +2, jsalvachua, Dom, +1.801.949.aagg, danbri, +0797094aahh, Phil_Archer,
14:52:23 [danbri]
:)
14:52:27 [Zakim]
... +46.1.08.01.aajj, +049261287aakk, hhalpin, wonsuk, +3077aall, renato, +49.622.143.4.aamm, mischat_, BenG?, AdamB?, FabGandon, +0774811aapp, DKA, tpa, jeffs, +1.510.931.aarr,
14:52:31 [Zakim]
... petef, AdamB, cperey, +1.203.276.aass, HenryStory, oshani, Hakan, AlexKorth?, Miquel, JuanCarlos, +867552878aatt, +1.781.273.aauu, +03858890aavv, MacTed, rreck?
14:52:39 [csarven]
csarven has joined #swxg
14:52:45 [dom]
RRSAgent, drop action-6
14:52:45 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'drop action-6', dom. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:52:48 [dom]
RRSAgent, drop action 6
14:52:54 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:52:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/06-swxg-minutes.html dom
14:53:00 [tpa]
tpa has left #swxg
14:55:49 [hhalpin]
Dom - can you send minutes to list?
14:55:54 [oshani]
oshani has joined #swxg
14:56:44 [danbri]
minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0043.html
14:56:58 [danbri]
scribes duty, i normally assume
14:57:04 [danbri]
happy to get a 2nd copy though :)
14:57:19 [hhalpin]
nope, then you do it danbri!
14:57:34 [danbri]
done http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0043.html
15:00:36 [mischat]
mischat has joined #swxg
15:13:45 [marie]
marie has left #swxg
15:14:14 [danbri]
yep, i'm leaving it on autosubscribe
15:14:51 [mattl]
apparently that was what got me in trouble in the first place ;)
15:15:10 [danbri]
no trouble!
15:18:52 [tinkster]
It there a reason we're all +o now?
15:19:17 [danbri]
to hang onto ops collectively, as i forget the bot support we have hereabouts
15:19:18 [tinkster]
Or is it just danbri demonstrating how much he didn't mind mattl being +o earlier?
15:19:28 [danbri]
bit of that too
15:19:45 [danbri]
:)
15:23:08 [mattl]
haha
15:26:56 [mattl]
danbri: did you get a chance to add my w3 account to the SWXG?
15:33:56 [danbri]
did you go thru the invites process? harry handles most of that
15:34:04 [danbri]
rrsagent, off