IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-05-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:57:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:57:52 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:57:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:57:54 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:57:54 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
15:57:55 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:57:55 [trackbot]
Date: 05 May 2009
15:58:11 [Roland]
15:58:17 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
15:59:11 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
15:59:57 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:00:04 [Zakim]
16:02:01 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:02:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
16:02:44 [Roland]
Zakim, aaaa is Derek
16:02:44 [Zakim]
+Derek; got it
16:03:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aabb
16:04:13 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aacc
16:04:21 [mphillip]
Zakim, aacc is mphillip
16:04:21 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:05:53 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
16:06:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aadd
16:06:19 [Roland]
Zakim, aadd is Phil
16:06:19 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
16:06:34 [mphillip]
Regrets: Eric, Yves
16:06:40 [mphillip]
Scribe: mphillip
16:06:44 [mphillip]
16:06:51 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Actions
16:07:01 [Roland]
16:07:26 [mphillip]
Derek: No progress on action 68
16:08:15 [mphillip]
Roland: Eric has chased up action 73 by email. He received a response from Mark Baker, but nothing yet from Harald
16:08:28 [mphillip]
close action-73
16:08:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-73 Follow up IRI jndi issue after next week with Harald closed
16:08:49 [mphillip]
Roland: We agreed last week that we would not update the prefix unless necessary
16:09:02 [mphillip]
Roland: Therefore we can close action 81
16:09:06 [mphillip]
close action-81
16:09:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-81 update the spec. with "jndi-" prefix changes (when we get confirmation from Harald) closed
16:09:35 [mphillip]
Roland: So the next step is to get to candidate recommendation
16:09:47 [mphillip]
Roland: Will kick off the process with Yves
16:10:01 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Testing
16:10:20 [mphillip]
Roland: Phil has made some updates to document test coverage
16:10:36 [mphillip]
Roland: Eric has an action to look at WSDL coverage
16:11:10 [mphillip]
Phil: Not sure if we necessarily need to associate a test case with every assertion
16:11:38 [mphillip]
Roland: We should document that in the assertions or create a test case which is a 'null' test case
16:11:54 [mphillip]
Roland: Are there any that need to change before we go to CR?
16:12:13 [Roland]
16:12:45 [mphillip]
Phil: For example Protocol-2041
16:12:46 [mphillip]
16:13:08 [mphillip]
Phil: is not really an assertion
16:13:12 [Roland]
16:13:21 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:14:57 [mphillip]
Roland: The table following the assertion lists the values set by a conforming client.
16:16:23 [Roland];%20charset=utf-8#Protocol-2041
16:16:27 [mphillip]
Mark: Perhaps the assertion text should say something like "A conforming sending node MUST set message values according to the table in 2.7.1"
16:17:22 [mphillip]
Roland: Or the whole table should be in the assertion
16:17:44 [mphillip]
Phil: We probably have this covered by other assertions
16:19:34 [mphillip]
Roland: The definition of the properties does make assertions - for example the deliveryMode property is covered in Protocol-2005
16:20:11 [mphillip]
Roland: The table has the benefit of grouping everything together under the role of the Sending SOAP node
16:20:46 [mphillip]
Phil: This is the one-way pattern right?
16:21:29 [mphillip]
Roland: Correct, there is the equivalent table for request-response in 2.6.1
16:23:37 [mphillip]
Phil: May be worth putting additional text in the assertion to clarify
16:23:53 [mphillip]
Roland: e.g. for 2035 "Requesting-Response MEP -requesting SOAP node"
16:24:06 [mphillip]
Phil: Or just turn it into a sentence
16:26:14 [mphillip]
Roland: Will have a go at improving the wording for 2035, 2039, and 2041
16:26:55 [mphillip]
Phil: 2042 needs some rewording too
16:27:21 [mphillip]
Roland: Yes, all the faults should already be covered by assertions
16:28:11 [mphillip]
Action Roland to Reword the assertions 2035, 2039, and 2041 so that they make more sense
16:28:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-84 - Reword the assertions 2035, 2039, and 2041 so that they make more sense [on Roland Merrick - due 2009-05-12].
16:28:47 [mphillip]
action Roland to see whether assertion 2042 can be removed bacause all faults are covered by their own assertion
16:28:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-85 - See whether assertion 2042 can be removed bacause all faults are covered by their own assertion [on Roland Merrick - due 2009-05-12].
16:29:10 [mphillip]
Phil: Also look at 2024
16:29:43 [mphillip]
Roland: That would cover most of the assertions without test cases
16:31:47 [Zakim]
16:31:48 [mphillip]
chair: Roland
16:31:48 [Zakim]
- +1.919.663.aabb
16:31:49 [Zakim]
16:31:51 [Zakim]
16:31:56 [Zakim]
16:31:56 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:31:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, +1.708.246.aaaa, Derek, +1.919.663.aabb, +0196270aacc, mphillip, +1.512.286.aadd, Phil
16:32:06 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:32:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
16:54:44 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
17:57:17 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
18:06:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms