IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-04-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:53:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:53:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:53:56 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:53:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:53:58 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:53:58 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
15:54:00 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:54:02 [trackbot]
Date: 28 April 2009
15:54:12 [Roland]
15:54:18 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
15:54:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Roland
15:57:28 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
15:57:58 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:58:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aaaa
15:59:34 [Zakim]
15:59:38 [Zakim]
15:59:39 [Zakim]
16:00:10 [Zakim]
16:00:19 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:00:46 [Zakim]
16:00:49 [Zakim]
16:00:51 [Zakim]
16:00:51 [Zakim]
16:01:08 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
16:01:09 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:01:31 [Phil]
Zakim, who is here?
16:01:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see alewis, Phil, Roland
16:01:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Derek, Phil, mphillip, alewis, Zakim, RRSAgent, Roland, Yves, trackbot
16:01:38 [Zakim]
16:02:45 [Roland]
Regrets: Yves
16:02:53 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aabb
16:03:11 [mphillip]
Zakim, aabb is mphillip
16:03:11 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:05:01 [mphillip]
Scribe: mphillip
16:05:10 [Zakim]
16:05:15 [Zakim]
16:05:16 [mphillip]
16:05:21 [Roland]
16:05:32 [mphillip]
Topic: Actions
16:05:45 [Zakim]
16:06:18 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:06:25 [mphillip]
Roland: Messages sent to originators for action 83 and responses received confirming that actions are complete
16:06:26 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:06:29 [mphillip]
close action 83
16:06:47 [mphillip]
close action-83
16:06:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-83 Close email thread on LC comments 7,8,9 closed
16:07:06 [Zakim]
16:07:17 [Roland]
16:07:55 [mphillip]
Derek: Action 68 will be made an FAQ - no progress to date
16:08:41 [mphillip]
Roland: On action 73 we still have the question of whether to change the jndi property prefix
16:09:03 [mphillip]
Eric: We are still waiting for confirmation from Harald
16:09:35 [mphillip]
Roland: Should we go ahead with the change anyway?
16:09:53 [mphillip]
Eric: Last note to Harald said that we would make the change, but asked if it clarified anything
16:10:28 [mphillip]
Eric: Will send another note to Harald. We will not change anything unless Harald confirms that it would clarify the specification significantly
16:10:44 [mphillip]
Eric: Will aim to send note by end of today
16:11:21 [mphillip]
Roland: That is the last candidate editorial update which remains
16:12:16 [mphillip]
Roland: Would like to be in position to transition to Candidate Recommendation
16:12:34 [mphillip]
Roland: Need a spec. which incorporates all last call comments
16:13:44 [mphillip]
Roland: We should resolve to go to candidate recommendation at the end of the week
16:14:23 [mphillip]
Mark: So we would need a decision on whether we make the prefix change or not before then
16:14:43 [mphillip]
Amy: You can make editorial changes once in Candidate Recommendation stage
16:15:30 [mphillip]
Roland: Any disagreement on moving to Candidate Recommendation (CR)?
16:15:58 [mphillip]
Eric: Agreed, subject to a response from Harald
16:16:20 [mphillip]
Eric: we should be in a position to change status next Tuesday
16:17:08 [mphillip]
Amy: We can resolve to go to CR once we have answered the last question
16:17:36 [mphillip]
Resolution: We will transition to CR regardless of whether the prefix change is made or not the
16:17:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Roland
16:18:22 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: We will transition to CR regardless of whether the prefix change is made or not the
16:18:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Roland
16:19:39 [mphillip]
RESOLVED: We will transition to CR regardless of whether the prefix change is made or not
16:19:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Roland
16:21:09 [mphillip]
16:21:24 [mphillip]
Roland: Eric will chase the prefix change with Harald
16:22:00 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on getting to RFC
16:22:31 [mphillip]
Eric: Will send another note asking what we need to do next to get the RFC completed
16:22:35 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Testing
16:23:01 [Roland]
16:23:56 [mphillip]
Phil: Went through checking the test cases to see whether they matched any other assertions, and found a couple of assertions which were covered already by test cases
16:24:11 [mphillip]
Roland: The remaining issues are WSDL coverage
16:25:45 [mphillip]
Roland: The wording of the conformance assertions has changed since the test assertions document was generated ( )
16:26:01 [mphillip]
Phil: We should regen. the document each time the spec. changes
16:27:17 [mphillip]
Roland: Need to think about how we satisfy the CR requirements - for each assertion to be covered by at least two implementations
16:27:38 [mphillip]
Phil: Could be tricky - an implementation may not cover all the assertions - some are optional
16:28:58 [mphillip]
Roland: Right, but there still needs to be two implementations
16:30:17 [mphillip]
Eric: If IBM does not implement the WSDL support, how can an alternative implementation interoperate with an IBM hosted service?
16:37:11 [mphillip]
Mark: Should the assertions table include a 'prescription' column to say if assertions are mandatory?
16:37:33 [mphillip]
Roland: Will look through the assertions to see if wording can be clarified to make this clearer
16:39:25 [Zakim]
16:39:27 [Zakim]
16:39:27 [Zakim]
16:39:29 [Zakim]
16:39:31 [Zakim]
16:39:32 [Zakim]
16:39:32 [Zakim]
16:39:34 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:39:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, Roland, Phil, Derek, +0196270aabb, mphillip, eric, Peter_Easton
16:39:35 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:39:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
16:47:17 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
16:52:29 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
18:34:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms