IRC log of mwts on 2009-04-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:57:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mwts-irc
14:57:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:57:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:57:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:57:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:57:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:57:56 [trackbot]
Date: 28 April 2009
14:58:02 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Apr/0009.html
14:58:10 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
14:58:15 [hendry]
wilhelm: yes, a very high value
14:59:02 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:09 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm
14:59:14 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:59:17 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
14:59:18 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm
14:59:44 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
14:59:57 [Zakim]
+Dom
15:00:06 [dom]
zakim, ??P17 is Kai
15:00:06 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:00:27 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:00:34 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets/tests/ Widgets test suites
15:00:36 [dom]
ACTION-2?
15:00:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN
15:00:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2
15:00:49 [dom]
Kai: good news: Robert has been responsive, we've been going back and forth
15:00:50 [hendry]
http://wtf.webvm.net/
15:01:09 [dom]
... and I'm in the process of porting some of the tests to http://wtf.webvm.net/ where the framework is now hosted
15:01:14 [dom]
... it's now a lot better!
15:01:48 [dom]
... I still have some questions for Robert - e.g. there is an Opera-specific configuration file that would need to be changed to comply with the spec
15:02:04 [dom]
... and I'd like to work with the same source control system with Robert
15:02:18 [dom]
... hopefully, by next week, I'd like to see all the tests working in the framework
15:02:37 [dom]
Dom: could we have a tour of the framework next week?
15:02:42 [dom]
Kai: Sure
15:02:54 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to provide a tour of WTF during a call
15:02:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-36 - Provide a tour of WTF during a call [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-05-05].
15:03:05 [dom]
Topic: Device independent testing guidelines
15:03:14 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html Device Independent test guidelines
15:03:16 [dom]
ACTION-30?
15:03:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review Kai's version of the guidelines -- due 2009-04-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:03:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/30
15:03:27 [dom]
ACTION-30: closed
15:03:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 Review Kai's version of the guidelines notes added
15:03:27 [trackbot]
If you meant to close ACTION-30, please use 'close ACTION-30'
15:03:38 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Apr/0010.html Dom's comments
15:03:44 [dom]
ACTION-30 closed
15:03:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 Review Kai's version of the guidelines closed
15:04:18 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to respond to Dom's comments
15:04:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-37 - Respond to Dom's comments [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-05-05].
15:05:03 [dom]
Dom: let's see if we can agree on getting the document published
15:05:18 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to integrate what he wants from Kai's version
15:05:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-38 - Integrate what he wants from Kai's version [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-05-05].
15:05:42 [dom]
Topic: Memory test
15:05:44 [dom]
ACTION-32?
15:05:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to raise limit of memory test -- due 2009-04-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:05:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/32
15:05:48 [dom]
ACTION-32 closed
15:05:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Raise limit of memory test closed
15:05:54 [dom]
ACTION-33?
15:05:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-33 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to re-run memory test once limit is raised up -- due 2009-04-21 -- OPEN
15:05:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/33
15:06:21 [dom]
Wilhelm: I've started doing that - was a bit confusing; my device is now downloading insane amount of data and will send feedback
15:06:28 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Tests
15:06:32 [dom]
ACTION-35?
15:06:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-35 -- Kai Hendry to look further into DOM Mutation impact on mobile browsers -- due 2009-04-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:06:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/35
15:06:36 [dom]
ACTION-35 closed
15:06:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-35 Look further into DOM Mutation impact on mobile browsers closed
15:06:58 [dom]
Kai: I asked around to different people I know, esp. among webkit people
15:07:09 [dom]
... has been turned off for performance reasons
15:07:17 [dom]
... but after all, I think it's worth keeping
15:07:33 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Apr/0007.html Kai's proposed new tests
15:08:00 [dom]
Kai: application cache is probably the most controversial
15:08:07 [dom]
... does opera support this?
15:08:10 [dom]
Wilhelm: I don't know :)
15:08:28 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look through Kai's proposals for new tests
15:08:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - Look through Kai's proposals for new tests [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-05-05].
15:09:55 [dom]
Dom: I'm interested in Application cache, but this would require removing an existing test
15:10:15 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to provide a version of the wctmb with more difficult canvas test
15:10:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-40 - Provide a version of the wctmb with more difficult canvas test [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-05-05].
15:11:32 [dom]
Kai: do we really have an onload test?
15:11:47 [dom]
Wilhelm: not exactly - several tests rely on onload
15:12:02 [dom]
Dom: so this would be putting two new tests in the balance with others
15:12:48 [dom]
Kai: I noticed that XXX doesn't look up handheld stylesheet
15:13:17 [dom]
... is that something we want to test for?
15:14:14 [dom]
Dom: I think Media Queries probably cover the needs of what we want to highlight there
15:14:19 [dom]
... cf my AListApart article :)
15:14:24 [dom]
Topic: Blog
15:14:40 [dom]
ACTION-28 closed
15:14:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-28 Blog about new jquery test in wctmb closed
15:14:54 [dom]
ACTION-34?
15:14:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-34 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post on memory test (or hand it over to dom otherwise) -- due 2009-04-21 -- OPEN
15:14:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/34
15:15:12 [dom]
ACTION-34?
15:15:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-34 -- Carmelo Montanez to draft a blog post on memory test (or hand it over to dom otherwise) -- due 2009-04-21 -- OPEN
15:15:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/34
15:15:18 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:15:23 [dom]
ACTION-21?
15:15:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:15:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21
15:15:26 [dom]
ACTION-14?
15:15:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:15:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14
15:16:49 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB acronym
15:17:08 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to add the WCTMB acronym to the test
15:17:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-41 - Add the WCTMB acronym to the test [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-05-05].
15:17:43 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:17:46 [dom]
May 5
15:17:50 [Zakim]
-Kai
15:17:51 [Zakim]
-Dom
15:17:52 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
15:17:52 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
15:17:54 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:17:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wilhelm, Carmelo, Dom, Kai
15:18:00 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:18:04 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:18:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/28-mwts-minutes.html dom