IRC log of rif on 2009-04-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:45:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:45:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:45:30 [csma]
zakim, this will be rif
14:45:30 [Zakim]
ok, csma; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
14:45:55 [csma]
Meeting: RIF telecon 21 April 2009
14:46:03 [csma]
Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
14:47:02 [csma]
csma has changed the topic to: #rif RIF telecon 21 April 2009; Agenda:
14:48:01 [csma]
Regrets: MichaelKifer, Stella Mitchell, ChanghaiKe, PaulVincent
14:48:39 [csma]
14:48:51 [csma]
zakim, clear agenda
14:48:51 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:49:03 [csma]
item+ Admin
14:49:23 [csma]
zakim, clear agenda
14:49:23 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:49:31 [csma]
agendum+ Admin
14:50:08 [csma]
agendum+ Liaisons
14:50:19 [csma]
agendum+ Debrief F2F13
14:50:34 [csma]
agendum+ Actions review
14:50:52 [csma]
agendum+ AOB
14:51:03 [csma]
rrsagent, make log public
14:51:10 [csma]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:51:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate csma
14:57:44 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
14:57:56 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
15:00:13 [ChrisW]
15:00:29 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
15:00:36 [Zakim]
15:00:56 [ChrisW]
Zakim, IBM is temporarily me
15:00:58 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
15:01:44 [Zakim]
15:01:47 [Zakim]
15:01:49 [Zakim]
15:02:14 [csma]
zakim, ??P49 is me
15:02:15 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:02:44 [Zakim]
15:02:51 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
15:03:15 [johnhall]
johnhall has joined #rif
15:03:18 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:03:22 [Zakim]
+ +43.158.801.1aaaa
15:03:25 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
15:03:35 [ChrisW]
15:04:00 [Zakim]
15:05:09 [josb]
if anyone read the wiki page, we can discuss lists in RIF-RDF combinations
15:05:45 [DaveReynolds]
scribe: Dave Reynolds
15:05:52 [DaveReynolds]
ScribeNick: DaveReynolds
15:06:23 [DaveReynolds]
Topic: F2F13 debrief
15:06:31 [Gary_Hallmark]
Gary_Hallmark has joined #rif
15:06:44 [DaveReynolds]
Closed almost all open issues.
15:07:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.533.aabb
15:07:38 [DaveReynolds]
Chris: question to Dave - implementation plans?
15:07:39 [Gary]
zakim, aabb is me
15:07:39 [Zakim]
+Gary; got it
15:08:06 [DaveReynolds]
Dave: we have been doing some implementation of Core in support of OWL 2 RL and doing some write up of that
15:08:28 [Zakim]
15:08:34 [DaveReynolds]
Dave: whether we extend that to a full Core implementation is under discussion, not defined at the moment
15:09:02 [Zakim]
15:09:34 [johnhall]
p62 johnhall
15:09:35 [josb]
15:09:38 [DaveReynolds]
Christian: does that include SWC
15:10:01 [Harold]
zakim, [NRCC] is me
15:10:01 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:10:05 [csma]
zakim, ??P62 is johnhall
15:10:05 [Zakim]
+johnhall; got it
15:10:15 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:10:15 [johnhall]
??p623 is me
15:10:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ChrisW, csma, Sandro, josb, DaveReynolds, Gary, Harold, johnhall
15:10:50 [DaveReynolds]
Dave: not the embeddings, just the ability to execute over the triple mappings
15:10:56 [johnhall]
15:11:05 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #rif
15:11:36 [DaveReynolds]
Josb: the OWL embedding can be restricted to the parts of RL that don't have the equality implementations and that restricted part can be embedded in Core
15:11:39 [johnhall]
zakim, mute me
15:11:39 [Zakim]
johnhall should now be muted
15:11:45 [DaveReynolds]
Josb: will you (Dave) implement that?
15:11:58 [DaveReynolds]
Dave: undefined sorry, can't rule in or out at the moment
15:12:43 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: Agreed to take Core, DTB, PRD to Last Call; BLD and SWC as Second Last Call
15:12:49 [csma]
15:12:54 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: make decision to publish on May 12th
15:12:55 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
15:13:16 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: so only two weeks buffer time before end of the working group
15:14:11 [csma]
15:14:23 [AdrianP]
I cannot join the call it says the call center is restricted?
15:14:44 [AdrianP]
maybe you need to increase the number of allowed participants in Zakim?
15:14:52 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: developed plan for all the worked needed for each document, plus reviewers and due date. See link above.
15:15:46 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: if decide to publish on May 12th, can do publication on May 19, allow 4 weeks for comments takes us to mid June
15:16:34 [johnhall]
Adrian - I got that response for the UK number, but got in on the USA number
15:16:42 [DaveReynolds]
Chris: one month to respond to comments then move to CR mid July
15:17:16 [DaveReynolds]
Chris: two implementations of each spec then move to PR, target 1st October for end of CR
15:18:08 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: optimistic schedule, request 6m extension to cover this period, no F2F during extension, reduced frequency of telecons
15:18:54 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: Also reviewed test cases, accepted some, some to be reworked.
15:19:49 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: notes that everyone survived the RIF last supper
15:19:53 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:19:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ChrisW, csma, Sandro, josb, DaveReynolds, Gary, Harold, johnhall (muted)
15:20:14 [AdrianP]
I tried with the US number - still the same message
15:20:21 [ChrisW]
so says christ de Sainte marie
15:20:55 [DaveReynolds]
Dave: any significant issues with FLD?
15:21:03 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
15:21:50 [DaveReynolds]
Sandro: discussed what FLD implementation would be, would like to see more dialects based on FLD beyond the existing ones, ideally two independent uses
15:22:03 [DaveReynolds]
Sandro: no working group decisions on that yet
15:22:41 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: maybe extensions based on FLD external to the working group would count?
15:22:50 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: yes, that would be execellent
15:23:52 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: the conclusion was to move FLD to last call, then call for implementation. The decision of whether to go all the way to Rec will depend on what implementations there are.
15:25:14 [johnhall]
Adrian - did you use 74394# (RIF) or 743773# (PRD)?
15:25:16 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, next item
15:25:16 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from csma]
15:25:39 [DaveReynolds]
Topic: Action review
15:25:41 [Zakim]
15:26:02 [AdrianP]
Zakim, ??P18
15:26:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P18', AdrianP
15:27:23 [DaveReynolds]
Adrian: fixed test cases completing actions action-787, action-788, action-789, action-790
15:28:10 [AdrianP]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
15:28:10 [Zakim]
+AdrianP; got it
15:28:28 [DaveReynolds]
action-783 done :-)
15:29:08 [DaveReynolds]
Action-781 (list test cases) completed. Email send to list.
15:29:13 [DaveReynolds]
15:29:36 [DaveReynolds]
Gary: Action-780 done but the result crashed the schema checker.
15:29:57 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: quite common, make sure you do a deep reload.
15:30:33 [josb]
15:30:51 [DaveReynolds]
Sandro: there are better validators, check list of implementations on WG page?
15:31:39 [DaveReynolds]
Josb: just tried xsv again and this time it passed without errors.
15:31:46 [josb]
15:33:20 [sandro]
Gary, has a list that's a little too long to be very helpful. :-)
15:33:51 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: Action-758, made progress but continued.
15:34:26 [DaveReynolds]
Action-751 complete
15:34:53 [DaveReynolds]
Action-748 complete (redundant with 751)
15:35:42 [DaveReynolds]
Action-734 complete
15:36:11 [DaveReynolds]
Josb: see email and respond with any comments
15:37:07 [josb]
15:37:11 [DaveReynolds]
Topic: AOB
15:37:40 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: suggestion that we continue to collect outreach efforts for RIF, e.g. publications relating to RIF.
15:38:29 [DaveReynolds]
Could have page about RIF related publications.
15:38:47 [DaveReynolds]
Action: Harold start publications page with first entry
15:38:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-794 - Start publications page with first entry [on Harold Boley - due 2009-04-28].
15:39:09 [csma]
action: harold to start RIF publications page on the wiki
15:39:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-795 - Start RIF publications page on the wiki [on Harold Boley - due 2009-04-28].
15:39:53 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: finished proposal for using lists with RDF/RIF combinations
15:40:32 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: two proposals - decide whether to include at all (in SWC) and if so which variant
15:40:42 [josb_]
josb_ has joined #rif
15:40:58 [Harold]
15:41:03 [DaveReynolds]
15:41:12 [ChrisW]
-1 havent read it
15:41:20 [sandro]
-1 but only because I'm wanting a short meeting
15:41:40 [DaveReynolds]
Csma: put on agenda for next week
15:42:03 [DaveReynolds]
Action: csma to put correspondence between RIF and RDF lists on next week's agenda
15:42:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-796 - Put correspondence between RIF and RDF lists on next week's agenda [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2009-04-28].
15:42:17 [DaveReynolds]
Move to adjorn
15:42:19 [Zakim]
15:42:24 [Zakim]
15:42:25 [Zakim]
15:42:29 [Zakim]
15:42:31 [Zakim]
15:42:42 [csma]
zakim, list attendees
15:42:42 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been ChrisW, csma, Sandro, +43.158.801.1aaaa, josb, DaveReynolds, +1.503.533.aabb, Gary, Harold, johnhall, AdrianP
15:43:01 [csma]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:43:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate csma
15:44:22 [Zakim]
15:45:39 [Zakim]
15:45:40 [Zakim]
15:45:47 [Zakim]
15:45:49 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
15:45:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were ChrisW, csma, Sandro, +43.158.801.1aaaa, josb, DaveReynolds, +1.503.533.aabb, Gary, Harold, johnhall, AdrianP
16:34:38 [csma]
csma has left #rif