IRC log of mediaann on 2009-04-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:39:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
07:39:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-irc
07:46:06 [dsinger]
so, questions about the mapping: we need to identify for which of these properties would a query expect to return one result, and for which we could get multiple results
07:46:40 [dsinger]
we also need to work out whether the API is supposed to deliver what is in the file, verbatim, or whether it is supposed to try to manipulate the data into some kind of canonical form?
07:46:51 [dsinger]
for example, dates into ISO or RFC 3339 date format?
07:47:23 [dsinger]
identifiers into URNs, that identify the scheme and the identifier in that scheme?
07:47:35 [dsinger]
keywords from a defined set or open?
07:51:53 [dsinger]
we're also trying to define which elements are technical properties (e.g. frame size) and which are annotations
07:52:16 [dsinger]
zakim, who is here?
07:52:16 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger, I don't know what conference this is
07:52:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, victorrodriguez, wonsuk, wbailer, joakim, guillaume, daniel, veroniquemalaise, raphael, dsinger, silvia, shepazu, trackbot
07:52:24 [dsinger]
zakim, this is annot
07:52:24 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger, I do not see a conference named 'annot' in progress or scheduled at this time
07:52:30 [daniel]
In Wikipedia: Media Object is a portion of one or two elements that may contain video and/or audio. Media objects with audio are normally synchronized with the video when used at the same time.
07:56:44 [dsinger]
zakim, this is mediaann
07:56:44 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger, I do not see a conference named 'mediaann' in progress or scheduled at this time
08:03:59 [daniel]
annotation naming: ma:title (dc:title), ma:creator(dc:creator), ma:rights(dc:rights), ma:contributor(dc:contributor), ma:description(dc:description), ma:keyword (dc:subject)
08:14:26 [daniel]
ma:identifier (A URI identifies an entity which can be either a Resource (abstract concept) or a Prpresentation (instance/file). Refer to 4.4
08:15:00 [daniel]
refer to 4.4 Annotating Media Fragments http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/#uc4
08:15:29 [daniel]
Type: either MIME type or file format ?
08:18:28 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
08:18:28 [Zakim]
joakim, I see IA_MAWG()3:00AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be mawg".
08:18:57 [joakim]
zakim, who's here?
08:18:57 [Zakim]
sorry, joakim, I don't know what conference this is
08:18:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, victorrodriguez, wonsuk, wbailer, joakim, daniel, veroniquemalaise, raphael, dsinger, silvia, shepazu, trackbot
08:20:16 [dsinger]
zakim, this is mawg
08:20:16 [Zakim]
ok, dsinger; that matches IA_MAWG()3:00AM
08:20:34 [dsinger]
zakim, who is here?
08:20:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0
08:20:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, victorrodriguez, wonsuk, wbailer, joakim, daniel, veroniquemalaise, raphael, dsinger, silvia, shepazu, trackbot
08:20:58 [Zakim]
-??P0
08:21:00 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()3:00AM has ended
08:21:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were
08:25:20 [daniel]
ma:type (genre of the entity) and genre is removed
08:27:07 [daniel]
createdate: create the film (1800 war) in 1999 => create date is 1800 or 1999 ?
08:28:30 [daniel]
ma:createdate can be createdate, releasedate, etc...
08:35:40 [daniel]
dc:type is The nature or genre of the resource, but genre is well used and understood in contents today...which might be better word ? *Type* or *Genre* ?
08:53:51 [guillaume]
guillaume has joined #mediaann
08:56:58 [guillaume]
guillaume has joined #mediaann
08:59:10 [daniel]
copyright is an identification holder, and what rights means ?
09:00:16 [daniel]
dc:rights => Information about rights held in and over the resource
09:04:37 [dsinger]
suggest we select 'copyright' and identify it as possibly matching dc:rights, and not have a separate 'rights
09:06:50 [daniel]
DRM and Right Managements are not in-scope of MAWG...keeping *Copyright* and removing *Rights* from the properties
09:07:20 [daniel]
W3C does not have its own DRM and just trying to reuse them
09:09:25 [daniel]
ma:language (used in resource such as english, franch, spanish, korean, etc...) reference: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt
09:11:00 [daniel]
*
09:15:02 [daniel]
dc:relation, what relation and how to express these relationship ? such as a URI
09:18:30 [daniel]
ACTION: daniel to ask Felix for the relationship in dc:relation
09:18:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - daniel
09:19:05 [daniel]
ACTION: Soohong Daniel to ask Felix for the relationship in dc:relation
09:19:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-103 - Daniel to ask Felix for the relationship in dc:relation [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-04-24].
09:19:12 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
09:39:33 [daniel]
ma:compression (compression of type used, such as codec: H.264, etc...), reference to :http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4281.txt
09:43:55 [daniel]
ma:ShotLocation (location associated with the entity. Can be the depicted location or shot location) reference to: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-geolocation-API-20081222/
09:49:05 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
10:05:48 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:12:10 [daniel]
ma:targetAudience (is newly added): for example: parental guide (kids lock), targeting geographical, etc...)
10:12:13 [joakim]
felix re you there?
10:12:14 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Meeting_Agenda_(In_Progress)
10:12:34 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:13:20 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()3:00AM has now started
10:13:27 [Zakim]
+??P1
10:16:26 [vrodrgue]
Hi Felix, we are dialed-in...
10:17:21 [fsasaki]
hi vrodruge, I will dial in later, see above
10:19:15 [veroniquemalaise]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Top_Supported_Tags
10:21:29 [JPE]
JPE has joined #mediaann
10:24:22 [Zakim]
-??P1
10:24:23 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()3:00AM has ended
10:24:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were
10:24:26 [JPE]
JPE has joined #mediaann
10:24:31 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:25:00 [wonsuk]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review
10:34:09 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:39:46 [daniel]
make minutes
10:40:17 [daniel]
rrsagent, make minutes
10:40:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-minutes.html daniel
10:43:34 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:50:19 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
10:55:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
11:07:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:09:53 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to provide information about language identification, in addition to RFC 4646
11:09:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-104 - Provide information about language identification, in addition to RFC 4646 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-04-24].
11:10:02 [fsasaki]
sorry for giving myself an action ...
11:10:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
13:04:36 [daniel]
action: Soohong Daniel to ask members for the definition of contributor types
13:04:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-105 - Daniel to ask members for the definition of contributor types [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-04-24].
13:05:20 [daniel]
zamik, who is here
13:05:29 [daniel]
Zakim, who is here
13:06:36 [daniel]
zakim, who is here ?
13:08:16 [daniel]
action: Wonsuk (and editing team) to come up with the initial Ontology document by April 28
13:08:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-106 - (and editing team) to come up with the initial Ontology document by April 28 [on WonSuk Lee - due 2009-04-24].
13:10:01 [daniel]
who is here?
13:10:49 [joakim]
An identifier can adress either a "Resource" (abstract concept) or a "Representation" (instance/file).
13:11:10 [joakim]
It can be a singel object or composed of fragments
13:13:00 [guillaume]
guillaume has joined #mediaann
13:15:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
13:15:57 [daniel]
zakim, who is here?
13:15:57 [Zakim]
sorry, daniel, I don't know what conference this is
13:15:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see guillaume, fsasaki, RRSAgent, wonsuk, joakim, daniel, veroniquemalaise, raphael, dsinger, silvia, shepazu, trackbot
13:16:00 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
13:19:42 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
13:26:51 [daniel]
a new selected mappilg table: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Top_Supported_Tags
13:49:50 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
13:51:24 [florian]
florian has joined #mediaann
13:58:26 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
14:06:24 [daniel]
action: Joakim to update the all excel format files according to the new initial MAWG attributes
14:06:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-107 - Update the all excel format files according to the new initial MAWG attributes [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-04-24].
14:10:30 [veroniquemalaise]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
14:22:43 [daniel]
3 major parts: introduction, definition and mapping table.
14:23:59 [daniel]
Raphael, we are now trying to shut down the meeting by 5 PM wihtout break
14:27:52 [vrodrgue]
vrodrgue has joined #mediaann
14:30:20 [vrodrgue]
.
14:30:40 [daniel]
action: Joakim to make a *call for comments* to the mailing list in terms of mapping table
14:30:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-108 - Make a *call for comments* to the mailing list in terms of mapping table [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-04-24].
14:40:24 [daniel]
Attribution and description might be elaborated. Each Attribute has a clear meaning and explanation.
14:42:59 [daniel]
action: Dave to elaborate on the description and the meaning of each attribute by April 28
14:42:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
14:43:25 [daniel]
who is here?
14:43:34 [daniel]
zakim, who is here?
14:43:34 [Zakim]
sorry, daniel, I don't know what conference this is
14:43:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see florian, wbailer, Zakim, guillaume, RRSAgent, wonsuk, joakim, daniel, veroniquemalaise, raphael, dsinger, shepazu, trackbot
14:44:00 [daniel]
action: dsinger to elaborate on the description and the meaning of each attribute by April 28
14:44:00 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - dsinger
14:45:13 [daniel]
action: David to elaborate on the description and the meaning of each attribute by April 28
14:45:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-109 - Elaborate on the description and the meaning of each attribute by April 28 [on David Singer - due 2009-04-24].
14:55:06 [daniel]
action: Joakim to double check the next F2F meeting date for other complicated things
14:55:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-110 - Double check the next F2F meeting date for other complicated things [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-04-24].
14:56:02 [daniel]
done
15:04:11 [veroniquemalaise]
veroniquemalaise has joined #mediaann
15:04:48 [veroniquemalaise]
veroniquemalaise has left #mediaann
15:05:40 [daniel]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:05:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediaann-minutes.html daniel
15:08:45 [daniel]
daniel:...
15:35:07 [florian]
florian has joined #mediaann
15:48:02 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #mediaann
17:14:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann