IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-04-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:53:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:53:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-soap-jms-irc
15:53:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:53:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:53:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:53:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
15:53:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:53:14 [trackbot]
Date: 07 April 2009
15:53:42 [RolandMerrick]
RolandMerrick has joined #soap-jms
15:54:37 [RolandMerrick]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Apr/0008.html
15:54:44 [RolandMerrick]
Chair: Roland
16:00:31 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:00:38 [Zakim]
+Roland
16:01:02 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:01:07 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:01:38 [Zakim]
+Derek
16:02:16 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:02:51 [Zakim]
+Yves
16:03:25 [Zakim]
+ +0196287aaaa
16:03:36 [Yves]
Yves has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Apr/0008.html
16:03:47 [mphillip]
Zakim, aaa is mphillip
16:03:47 [Zakim]
sorry, mphillip, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
16:03:54 [mphillip]
Zakim, aaaa is mphillip
16:03:54 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:03:56 [Zakim]
+eric
16:05:18 [mphillip]
scribe: mphillip
16:05:27 [mphillip]
Topic: Actions
16:05:35 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
16:06:08 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on action 32
16:06:24 [mphillip]
Derek: No progress on action 68
16:06:47 [mphillip]
Eric: no progress on action 70 (taken over by Eric a couple of weeks ago)
16:07:33 [mphillip]
Roland: has reassigned to Eric
16:07:57 [mphillip]
Roland: This is one of the final last-call comments
16:09:01 [mphillip]
Eric: Sent follow up to Harald on IRI JNDI issue (action 73) - there was one question left - whether we prefix custom properties on the IRI
16:10:23 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:10:26 [mphillip]
Eric: 3 categories of JNDI properties - connection name, standard JNDI properties to establish the connection name, and custom properties relating to a JNDI provider
16:10:53 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:11:37 [mphillip]
Eric: We don't treat the name of properties the same (e.g. some have "jndi-" prefix)
16:12:16 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Mar/0019.html
16:13:32 [mphillip]
Example: &jndi-com.sun.jndi.someParameter=someValue
16:14:17 [mphillip]
Example: &jndiConnectionFactoryName=CONNFACT
16:15:07 [mphillip]
Eric: Favour convention over consistency - "jndi-" prefix seems too verbose
16:15:49 [mphillip]
Roland: Harald is asking whether we have considered consistent naming rather than strongly suggesting we change
16:16:17 [mphillip]
Eric:The advantage of our current (inconsistent) scheme is that it is more concise
16:16:40 [mphillip]
Roland: and the additional parameters will be uncommon
16:16:55 [mphillip]
(i.e. the "jndi-" parms)
16:17:38 [mphillip]
Roland: Suggest we write back stating that the common parameters will be kept without a prefix for brevity
16:18:34 [mphillip]
Derek: Suggests changing "jndi-" to "jndiContextParameter"
16:18:53 [Derek]
jndiContextParameter-com.sun.foo=bar
16:18:55 [mphillip]
for consistency with Binding spec.
16:19:31 [mphillip]
Derek: Not as concise, but as we have said, this is the edge case
16:19:43 [mphillip]
Roland: ...and it is consistent with WSDl
16:20:01 [mphillip]
Roland: Agreed - this has some merit
16:20:50 [mphillip]
Eric: Likes Derek's suggestion
16:21:01 [mphillip]
Roland: Any disagreement ?
16:21:22 [mphillip]
no-one disgreed with Derek's proposal
16:22:02 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Eric to update the IRI spec, and write to Harald
16:22:48 [mphillip]
Action: Derek to review the SOAP-JMS Binding spec to see if any changes are required for new jndi naming scheme
16:22:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-79 - Review the SOAP-JMS Binding spec to see if any changes are required for new jndi naming scheme [on Derek Rokicki - due 2009-04-14].
16:23:56 [mphillip]
No progress on action 75
16:24:17 [mphillip]
Amy: sent email to list on action 77 (precedence rules)
16:24:59 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Apr/0007.html
16:25:38 [mphillip]
Amy: We need to be clearer that the environment can override the WSDL
16:27:08 [mphillip]
Roland: We need to make it clear that when we resolve the URI in the WSDL, it is part of the precedence rules in the WSDL
16:27:44 [mphillip]
Amy: Recommends the addition of the single sentence in the email to section 3.4.5
16:28:43 [mphillip]
Roland: Does this also apply to WSDL2 ?
16:29:03 [mphillip]
Amy: yes, but we handle WSDL 2 by referring to WSDL 1
16:32:04 [mphillip]
Eric: The is a question "How do we know that a URI in the environment overrides the WSDL?" In TIBCO BusinessWorks, a SOAP/JMS WSDL can be overriden by the customer
16:32:54 [mphillip]
Roland: Maybe need to strengthen the statements in 2.2
16:33:12 [mphillip]
Amy: The environment includes JMS message
16:34:54 [mphillip]
Roland: Maybe 2.2 is not correct. States that precedence is Environment, WSDL, URI. This is a confusing statement
16:36:18 [mphillip]
Amy: We should explain that statement means the URI in WSDL. URI can come from WSDL, environment, or message. Presumably any ReplyTo URI in the message will trump any other value.
16:37:47 [mphillip]
Amy: If we're not clear we should consider cutting text instead of adding some
16:38:19 [mphillip]
Roland: Yes, we should drop the URI from section 2.2, because it is not clear where this URI comes from
16:39:00 [mphillip]
(this is point 3 in section 2.2)
16:39:41 [mphillip]
Action: Roland to remove point 3 (properties come from JMS URI) from section 2.2
16:39:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-80 - Remove point 3 (properties come from JMS URI) from section 2.2 [on Roland Merrick - due 2009-04-14].
16:39:52 [mphillip]
Amy: Offers to review the changes
16:40:23 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Last Call Comments
16:40:25 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/wiki/2009-01_LC_Comments#Comments
16:40:50 [mphillip]
close action-78
16:40:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-78 Chase acknowledgement of all our responses closed
16:41:04 [mphillip]
Roland: Has chased up the comments per action 78
16:41:52 [mphillip]
LC07 - waiting for Eric's action
16:42:02 [mphillip]
LC09 - discussed today
16:42:45 [mphillip]
LC08 - waiting for Dongbo to accept reply
16:43:22 [mphillip]
Roland: If we can get these comments accepted, how long will it take to move to Candidate Recommendation
16:44:06 [mphillip]
Yves: If we have made major changes we may need another Last Call - this needs to be reviewed
16:44:31 [mphillip]
Yves: Would take another 2 weeks to get approval for CR
16:44:57 [mphillip]
Roland: So good chance of getting to CR by end of April?
16:46:28 [mphillip]
Roland: Please try to finish last call actions by next week
16:46:39 [Zakim]
-eric
16:46:40 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:46:42 [Zakim]
-mphillip
16:46:43 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:46:43 [Zakim]
-Yves
16:46:45 [Zakim]
-Roland
16:46:46 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:46:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, Derek, Yves, +0196287aaaa, mphillip, eric, alewis
16:46:53 [Roland]
Regrets: Phil
16:47:01 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:47:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
16:47:08 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:47:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
16:47:41 [Roland]
rrsagent, make log public
16:49:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
16:51:33 [Roland]
Zakim, please part
16:51:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
17:11:17 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:21:12 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms