IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-03-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:53:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
08:53:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc
08:53:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
08:53:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
08:53:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
08:53:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
08:53:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
08:53:31 [trackbot]
Date: 25 March 2009
08:58:03 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
08:59:32 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0057.html
08:59:36 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
08:59:39 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik
09:00:26 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:00:33 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:01:59 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
09:02:24 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is Davy
09:02:24 [Zakim]
+Davy; got it
09:03:49 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:05:05 [Zakim]
+??P2
09:05:16 [jackjansen]
zakim, ??p2 is me
09:05:17 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
09:05:25 [Gui]
Gui has joined #mediafrag
09:05:48 [Gui]
+regrets Gui
09:06:15 [raphael]
Hi Guillaume, you cannot make the telecon?
09:06:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:06:37 [raphael]
Yves, try to dial another number?
09:06:42 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:07:53 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
09:09:06 [Zakim]
+Thierry
09:09:31 [raphael_]
raphael_ has joined #mediafrag
09:09:46 [raphael]
scribenick: raphael
09:10:05 [raphael]
Present: Thierry, Yves, Jack, Davy, Raphael
09:10:26 [raphael]
Topic 1. ADMIN
09:11:30 [raphael]
Propose to accept the minutes of last telecon?
09:11:41 [raphael]
All: accept without changes
09:11:48 [raphael]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
09:11:59 [raphael]
Topic 2. F2F meeting
09:12:16 [raphael]
Raphael: we need to discuss the agenda, build it together
09:13:35 [raphael]
... what are your objectives?
09:13:54 [raphael]
Jack: it would be good if we could discuss concrete implementations
09:14:08 [raphael]
... mine could be ready, if we clarify the range unit syntax
09:14:31 [raphael]
... then it is a 1/2 day coding
09:14:55 [raphael]
Raphael: my expectation would be also to discuss test cases, and of course the main document
09:15:13 [raphael]
Yves: we need to build a story around the 4-ways handshake
09:15:27 [raphael]
... also talk about the link header
09:17:30 [raphael]
Topic 3. Main Document
09:17:45 [raphael]
3.1: Syntax
09:17:50 [raphael]
ACTION-46?
09:17:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-46 -- Yves Lafon to check the formal validity of the grammar -- due 2009-03-25 -- OPEN
09:17:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/46
09:18:08 [raphael]
close ACTION-46
09:18:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-46 Check the formal validity of the grammar closed
09:18:35 [raphael]
Yves: I have built a small parser in java / cc that validates the grammar
09:18:43 [raphael]
... no mistake in the grammar
09:20:10 [raphael]
3.2 Use Cases and requirements
09:20:23 [raphael]
Silvia and Guillaume will finish it by the end of this week
09:20:33 [raphael]
3.3 Technology Survey
09:21:41 [raphael]
Erik would like to know if he could take action to improve this section
09:21:50 [raphael]
Raphael: what changes can we bring?
09:22:06 [raphael]
... I think for example that the formal grammar of TimedText is unnecessary
09:22:18 [raphael]
Jack: what about a companion document ?
09:22:55 [raphael]
... I would suggest summarize the wiki page in the main document
09:23:07 [raphael]
... and provide an informative reference to the complete wiki apge
09:23:11 [raphael]
s/apge/page
09:24:39 [raphael]
Jack: I would like to have this technology survey perhaps published as a Working Group note since I find it useful
09:25:41 [raphael]
Davy: 5.1 should be in the ref section
09:25:58 [raphael]
Raphael: yes, the examples come actually from 5.3
09:26:21 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik to summarize the content of the wiki page to put in the main document, with few examples and a short story
09:26:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-51 - Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in the main document, with few examples and a short story [on Erik Mannens - due 2009-04-01].
09:27:11 [raphael]
3.4 HTTP implementation
09:28:09 [Zakim]
-Yves
09:28:27 [raphael]
Raphael: I would like to replace all the examples with the real videos Jack took in Ghent
09:29:08 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took
09:29:08 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
09:29:15 [raphael]
trackbot, status
09:29:30 [raphael]
ACTION: RaphaŽl to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took
09:29:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - RaphaŽl
09:29:42 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:29:53 [raphael]
ACTION: Rapha√ęl to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took
09:29:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-52 - Replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took [on Rapha√ęl Troncy - due 2009-04-01].
09:30:07 [raphael]
ACTION-49?
09:30:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-49 -- Yves Lafon to draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) -- due 2009-03-25 -- OPEN
09:30:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/49
09:31:21 [raphael]
Yves: I will definitively make that before the f2f
09:31:38 [raphael]
... starts with seconds first, so to not block implementation
09:34:16 [raphael]
Jack: do you want to copy the movies on the W3C server?
09:34:29 [raphael]
Raphael: yes, to have permanent URI for these resources
09:34:46 [raphael]
Raphael: which format we will use? mp4, ogg?
09:35:18 [raphael]
Jack: ffmpeg should be able to slice the movie, need to check
09:35:54 [raphael]
Davy: we have a piece of software that should be able to slice a media file independantly of the codec format
09:36:06 [raphael]
Davy: I will demo this software during the f2f meeting
09:37:21 [raphael]
Yves: media.w3.org works on Apache, would be good to check for deployment
09:37:44 [raphael]
ACTION: Jack to check whether ffmpeg can slide movies easily, need for implementation on client and server side
09:37:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-53 - Check whether ffmpeg can slide movies easily, need for implementation on client and server side [on Jack Jansen - due 2009-04-01].
09:38:57 [raphael]
Yves: also consider the file:// protocol, everything on client
09:40:35 [raphael]
Davy: I'm also experimenting to provide a RTSP implementation
09:40:52 [raphael]
... I could report my current work at the f2f meeting
09:41:10 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Issues
09:41:23 [raphael]
Raphael: we cannot discuss them, since neither Michael nor Silvia are here
09:42:16 [Zakim]
-Yves
09:42:17 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
09:42:17 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:42:19 [Zakim]
-Davy
09:43:18 [raphael_]
raphael_ has joined #mediafrag
09:43:22 [raphael_]
meeting will be back at the normal hour next week
09:43:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
09:43:44 [Zakim]
-Thierry
09:43:45 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:43:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, +0329331aaaa, Davy, jackjansen, Yves, Thierry
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik to summarize the content of the wiki page to put in the main document, with few examples and a short story [1]
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc#T09-26-21
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took [2]
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc#T09-29-08
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: RaphaŽl to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took [3]
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc#T09-29-30
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Rapha√ęl to replace all examples in the wiki page with the video Jack took [4]
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc#T09-29-53
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jack to check whether ffmpeg can slide movies easily, need for implementation on client and server side [5]
09:45:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc#T09-37-44
09:45:29 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mediafrag
09:45:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
09:45:35 [mhausenblas]
agh
09:45:37 [mhausenblas]
damn