IRC log of mediaann on 2009-03-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:03:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:03:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc
12:03:10 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
12:03:13 [fsasaki]
chair: thierry
12:03:20 [fsasaki]
scribe: chris
12:03:29 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0104.html
12:03:40 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
12:03:40 [Zakim]
joakim, this was already IA_MAWG()8:00AM
12:03:41 [Zakim]
ok, joakim; that matches IA_MAWG()8:00AM
12:04:13 [joakim]
chair: Thierry
12:04:25 [tmichel]
regrets: Werner,Jean Pierre
12:04:29 [joakim]
scribe: Chris
12:05:07 [chris]
topic: Agenda review and approval of previous minutes
12:05:52 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html
12:06:09 [chris]
minutes are approved
12:06:18 [chris]
topic: Selection of scribe for next meeting
12:06:36 [chris]
volunteer for scribbing?
12:06:43 [pchampin]
I can do it
12:06:55 [chris]
Pierr will scribe
12:07:17 [chris]
topic: Schedule for the next call (2009. 03. 31)
12:07:29 [chris]
normal schedule for non-US people
12:07:40 [chris]
starting next week
12:07:54 [chris]
topic: Action items
12:08:12 [chris]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
12:08:40 [chris]
ACTION 43?
12:08:40 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
12:09:29 [chris]
thierry will take over action 43
12:09:44 [chris]
ACTION 47 still pending
12:09:57 [chris]
ACTION 54 still pending
12:10:17 [chris]
ACTION 80?
12:10:35 [chris]
joakim: follow-up on mailing list, can be closed
12:10:50 [chris]
close ACTION-80
12:10:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-80 With Felix to read http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/pdfs/DynamicMediaXMPPartnerGuide.pdf and use it to see how XMP is actually used closed
12:11:24 [chris]
close ACTION-93
12:11:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-93 Work on the Ontology Draft to include the mapping table, conforming to pubrules. closed
12:11:25 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:11:48 [chris]
ACTION 94
12:11:57 [chris]
Thierry: discussed with Doug
12:12:41 [chris]
Thierry: going to investigate the relation between the specification and our API
12:13:30 [chris]
Thierry: ACTION is ongoing
12:13:44 [chris]
topic: Publishing the Mapping Table
12:14:22 [Zakim]
+veroniqueM
12:14:34 [chris]
Thierry: David Singer sent mail on one-way or two-way directions of the mappings
12:14:51 [chris]
Thierry: how to follow-up?
12:15:25 [chris]
Thierry: would be good to have more participation of David on Apple formats and mappings
12:15:25 [tmichel]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0084.html
12:15:40 [tmichel]
any reaction to David's email ?
12:16:11 [chris]
Thierry: is there interest for two-way mapping?
12:16:52 [chris]
Joakim: two-way mapping might be difficult to use generally
12:17:07 [chris]
Joakim: each format should have specific threatment
12:17:32 [tmichel]
zakim, who is noisy ?
12:17:46 [Zakim]
tmichel, listening for 13 seconds I heard sound from the following: Thierry (95%), +46.1.07.17.aabb (7%)
12:17:50 [chris]
Joakim: postpone to next phone conference
12:18:10 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann
12:18:19 [chris]
Action: thierry to invite david to the phone conference
12:18:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-95 - Invite david to the phone conference [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-31].
12:18:33 [chris]
topic: Media Ontology 1.0 draft : included the the Mapping Table
12:18:35 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
12:19:42 [chris]
Tobias: sent mail on removing comments
12:20:01 [chris]
Thierry: agrees, first version of the document needs additional iterations
12:20:02 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/
12:20:24 [chris]
Thierry: any other remarks?
12:20:58 [chris]
Felix: likes the result
12:21:27 [chris]
Felix: included Raphael's comments on the mapping table
12:21:49 [fsasaki]
s/Felix: included /thierry included /
12:23:03 [veroniqueM]
the table looks good, but why is the mapping with Dublin Core not written as a separate column? This is so from the start, but is there any rationale behind it?
12:23:20 [chris]
Thierry used OpenOffice for conversion of exel to HTML
12:23:39 [chris]
Joakim: formula need to be removed in the excell file
12:25:47 [chris]
Thierry prefers one HTML page to ease navigation
12:26:16 [chris]
ACTION: Joakim to update the Media Ontology 1.0 draft
12:26:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Update the Media Ontology 1.0 draft [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-03-31].
12:27:00 [chris]
Joakim will take care of the comments of Tobias
12:27:13 [chris]
Thierry: any other remarks on the table?
12:28:39 [chris]
veronique: why are the Dublin Core properties inserted
12:28:48 [chris]
Joakim: they are included in XMP spec
12:29:02 [chris]
topic: Results of questionnaire of mapping formats
12:30:00 [chris]
Thierry: implementation will be a strong criteria for deciding upon formats
12:31:02 [chris]
Silvia suggested to make new questionnaire
12:31:22 [chris]
Thierry: this questionnaire is an indication on relevant formats
12:31:32 [chris]
Thierry: so no additional questionnaire is needed
12:31:42 [chris]
Thierry: comments?
12:32:44 [chris]
another questionnaire would give about the same output
12:33:12 [pchampin]
+1
12:33:18 [chris]
veronique: questionnaire about adding the 2 additional formats
12:34:06 [chris]
Thierry: who thinks the questionnaire is good enough?
12:34:12 [chris]
+1
12:34:40 [chris]
do we need a questionnaire to decide on the 2 additional formats (qt, itunes)?
12:34:47 [veroniqueM]
+1 to PA
12:34:51 [hui]
+1
12:35:16 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #mediaann
12:36:39 [chris]
Thierry: what question should be asked in a new questionnaire?
12:37:26 [chris]
veronique: just ask peopl on the list if QT and iTunes should be added
12:37:31 [chris]
+1
12:38:19 [chris]
Thierry: would you like to see QT and iTunes to be included in the short list of formats
12:38:22 [fsasaki]
+1
12:38:55 [tmichel]
David: do you want to discuss the "two-way mapping" topic?
12:39:02 [chris]
ACTION: Thierry to send a mail to ask if people would like to see QT and iTunes to be included in the short list of formats
12:39:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Send a mail to ask if people would like to see QT and iTunes to be included in the short list of formats [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-31].
12:39:35 [chris]
topic: Call for reviewers on mapping formats
12:39:55 [chris]
Thierry: still missing some reviewers
12:40:15 [chris]
Thierry: so far only 12 reviewers and not all formats are covered
12:41:04 [chris]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review
12:41:32 [chris]
Veronique: if nobody is interested to review a format leave it as is
12:41:45 [chris]
Veronique: we will get feedback by the rest of the community
12:42:06 [chris]
Thierry: by next F2F the reviewers should have a reviewing list
12:42:20 [joakim]
+1
12:42:43 [chris]
ACTION: All reviewers to review the two formats before the Face-to-face meeting
12:42:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - All
12:43:37 [chris]
Thierry: editors should include the version of their formats
12:44:08 [chris]
Thierry: editors should mention it in the wiki
12:44:36 [chris]
topic:Example of property mapping using semantic technologies
12:45:49 [chris]
Thierry: there was discussion about xmp:creatortool and dc:creator
12:46:05 [chris]
Veronique: usage of SKOS allows to say that properties are related
12:47:00 [chris]
Thierry: everybody agrees with the mapping?
12:47:35 [chris]
topic: Edits of the requirements document
12:48:14 [chris]
Felix: included received comments
12:48:47 [chris]
Felix: update by Veronique on cultural heritage was also included
12:49:06 [chris]
Thierry: any other updates needed?
12:49:24 [chris]
Felix: no further comments received
12:50:04 [chris]
Thierry will ask if everybody agrees with the current status of the requirements document
12:50:27 [chris]
ACTION: Thierry to ask the group for consensus on publishing the new version of the requirements draft
12:50:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Ask the group for consensus on publishing the new version of the requirements draft [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-31].
12:50:49 [chris]
Thierry: when do we plan publication of the first public draft of the ontology
12:51:00 [chris]
Thierry suggests the end of april
12:51:05 [fsasaki]
+1
12:51:06 [chris]
+1
12:51:20 [chris]
Thierry: mapping table will be discussed at the F2F-meeting
12:51:40 [chris]
Joakim: schedule a publication date
12:52:26 [chris]
Thierry: monday 27th of April?
12:52:59 [chris]
Thierry: 28th of April
12:54:44 [chris]
Thierry: XSLT will be applied on XML file to get HTML
12:55:13 [chris]
Thierry: mapping table created as conversion of excel to html
12:55:34 [chris]
topic: toy implementation
12:55:50 [chris]
Thierry: comments?
12:56:08 [chris]
Thierry: comments on the proposal of Veronique and Tobias
12:56:40 [chris]
Veronique: implementation consists of SKOS mapping between rdf-versions of XMP and DC
12:57:22 [Zakim]
-felix
12:57:33 [chris]
how will this be used for an operable implementation
12:58:09 [chris]
Veronique: not sure how this mapping would be implemented
12:58:47 [chris]
Zakim, who's talking?
12:59:03 [Zakim]
chris, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: tobias (10%)
12:59:12 [fsasaki_]
fsasaki_ has joined #mediaann
12:59:34 [fsasaki_]
sorry, I just dropped off and have to go, but a question to tmichel: could you reserve a zakim bridge for the f2f? many thanks!
12:59:42 [fsasaki_]
s/off /off the phone/
13:01:14 [chris]
Wonsuk: how to map properties with different syntactic nature
13:01:51 [chris]
Wonsuk: for example XMP:author consisting of name and first name compared with the dc:author which is a string
13:02:01 [tobias]
Now I understand; we had this discussion weeks ago. But it stopped or we postponed it.
13:02:17 [chris]
this was the problem of return values right?
13:02:28 [tobias]
I guess, yes.
13:02:40 [chris]
Wonsuk: It would be nice to have example on this problem in the mapping implementation
13:03:47 [chris]
Veronique: sent a new version of the mappings with more SKOS relations
13:04:37 [chris]
Wonsuk: add a description to the ontology defining/restricting the values of a property
13:05:24 [chris]
Joakim: relates to the problem of flat vs hierarchically structured properties
13:06:11 [tobias]
I have no solution also for this at the moment. People developed mapping templates for ontologies to deal with that.
13:06:54 [tobias]
with SKOS we might not be able to handle these cases.
13:07:32 [chris]
deal with this on the F2F meeting
13:07:53 [chris]
Joakim: yes, should be discussed, hopefully a solution is found
13:07:59 [chris]
+1
13:08:37 [chris]
Veronique: we need examples of the problems
13:09:01 [chris]
such examples should be part of the output of the f2f-meeting imo
13:09:26 [veroniqueM]
they can be discussed on the list later too, I think
13:10:06 [tmichel]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:10:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-minutes.html tmichel
13:10:38 [tmichel]
rrsagent, bye
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-actions.rdf :
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: thierry to invite david to the phone conference [1]
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc#T12-18-19
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Joakim to update the Media Ontology 1.0 draft [2]
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc#T12-26-16
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thierry to send a mail to ask if people would like to see QT and iTunes to be included in the short list of formats [3]
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc#T12-39-02
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: All reviewers to review the two formats before the Face-to-face meeting [4]
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc#T12-42-43
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thierry to ask the group for consensus on publishing the new version of the requirements draft [5]
13:10:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/24-mediaann-irc#T12-50-27
13:10:38 [chris]
bye
13:10:41 [Zakim]
-hui
13:10:44 [Zakim]
-veroniqueM
13:10:48 [Zakim]
-tobias
13:10:49 [Zakim]
-pchampin
13:10:51 [Zakim]
-Thierry
13:10:51 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
13:10:53 [Zakim]
- +46.1.07.17.aabb
13:10:54 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann