IRC log of mwts on 2009-03-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:51:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mwts-irc
14:51:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:51:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:51:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:51:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:51:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:51:46 [trackbot]
Date: 17 March 2009
14:53:06 [dom]
zakim, list conferences?
14:53:06 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, dom.
14:53:08 [dom]
zakim, list conferences
14:53:08 [Zakim]
I see IA_Team()10:00AM, SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM active
14:53:11 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are INC_RWAB()11:00AM, SW_HCLS(COI)11:00AM, Team_(owlc)13:31Z, MWI_BPWG()9:30AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, WS_DBWG()10:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM
15:00:24 [dom]
zakim, list conferences
15:00:24 [Zakim]
I see IA_Team()10:00AM, SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, INC_RWAB()11:00AM, MWI_TSWG()11:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM active
15:00:26 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS(COI)11:00AM, Team_(owlc)13:31Z, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, Team_(recruit)15:00Z
15:00:47 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
15:00:57 [dom]
zakim, this will be mwi_ts
15:00:57 [Zakim]
ok, dom, I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM already started
15:01:02 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
15:01:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Carmelo, ??P65
15:01:05 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:01:20 [dom]
Regrets: Wilhelm
15:01:24 [dom]
Chair: Dom
15:01:43 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Mar/0013.html
15:02:53 [dom]
zakim, ??P65 is Kai
15:03:02 [Zakim]
+dom
15:03:16 [Zakim]
+??P35
15:03:24 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:03:37 [dom]
zakim, ??P35 is dmitri
15:03:47 [dom]
Topic: Tracker and trackbot
15:04:13 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
15:04:34 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
15:04:40 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2009Mar/0002.html Tracker and Trackbot
15:05:38 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:05:46 [dom]
ACTION-2?
15:05:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests WTF -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:05:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2
15:06:07 [dom]
ACTION-2 due next week
15:06:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-2 Continue integrating his tests WTF due date now next week
15:06:21 [dom]
Kai: still trying to get it running; I'm discussing with Robert
15:06:37 [dom]
... no progress on the main body of tests
15:07:12 [dom]
Dom: still need help with regard to updating the test suite in CVS? cf http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Feb/0011.html
15:07:18 [dom]
Kai: probably still need an update
15:07:43 [dom]
... I'll send you a link to a tar file
15:07:51 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to update the widget test suites in cvs
15:07:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-22 - Update the widget test suites in cvs [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-03-24].
15:08:47 [dom]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/
15:09:52 [dom]
Dom: did you make progress on your pbs wrt special characters in filesystems?
15:10:11 [dom]
Kai: I don't know what other test suites do with this - git has problems with some special characters
15:10:40 [dom]
Dom: could put only the zip file, although not ideal
15:11:05 [dom]
Kai: also wondered about case insensitivity - how many permutations should we target?
15:12:18 [dom]
Dom: suggests picking a few relevant cases
15:12:36 [dom]
... e.g. all lowercase, all upper, ext low and base upper, vice versa, and one or two more random
15:13:20 [dom]
... Any news from the WebApps WG F2F?
15:13:26 [dom]
Kai: nope; I'll look at their minutes
15:13:42 [dom]
Topic: Device independent testing guidelines
15:14:22 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html Device Independence Testing guidelines
15:16:07 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to look one more time at device independent testing guidelines
15:16:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-23 - Look one more time at device independent testing guidelines [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-03-24].
15:16:27 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to polish the device independent testing guidelines (e.g. ref section)
15:16:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-24 - Polish the device independent testing guidelines (e.g. ref section) [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-03-24].
15:19:48 [dom]
Kai: is color really important?
15:20:02 [dom]
Dom: think it is relevant - esp. in a larger device independent context
15:20:05 [dom]
Topic: Memory test
15:20:09 [dom]
ACTION-20?
15:20:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-20 -- Kai Hendry to improve performance of memory test -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:20:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/20
15:20:28 [dom]
ACTION-20 due in two days
15:20:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-20 improve performance of memory test due date now in two days
15:20:41 [dom]
ACTION-19?
15:20:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-19 -- Kai Hendry to add more starting points to memory test -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:20:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/19
15:20:50 [dom]
ACTION-19 due next week
15:20:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-19 add more starting points to memory test due date now next week
15:20:58 [dom]
ACTION-18?
15:20:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to run the memory test on his mobile devices -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:20:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/18
15:21:11 [dom]
ACTION-18 due next week
15:21:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 run the memory test on his mobile devices due date now next week
15:21:17 [dom]
ACTION-16?
15:21:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to set up the memory test on the W3C server -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:21:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/16
15:21:28 [dom]
ACTION-16 due next week
15:21:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 set up the memory test on the W3C server due date now next week
15:21:40 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
15:21:53 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/1236680855.6399.240.camel@localhost inputmode test vs jquery test
15:22:18 [dom]
Kai: it's not in HTML5
15:22:55 [dom]
Dom: but hTML5 is more a process than a spec at this stage
15:23:24 [dom]
... used to be there, maybe will come back now that it's being implemented in webkit?
15:24:18 [dom]
... also, is in XHTML Basic 1.1, which is a standard
15:25:16 [dom]
Kai: think JQuery has more value than inputmode test
15:27:33 [dom]
Dom: right...
15:28:33 [dom]
Dmitri: we could maybe extend it?
15:28:52 [dom]
Dom: would need to go to 20 tests to keep the grid
15:28:58 [dom]
... and then would become harder to sell
15:29:08 [dom]
RESOLVED: replace the inputmode test with the JQuery test
15:29:23 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to update WCTMB with JQuery test
15:29:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-25 - Update WCTMB with JQuery test [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-03-24].
15:30:04 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/06/mobile-test/presults Results of WCTMB
15:32:14 [dom]
Topic: Blog
15:32:19 [dom]
ACTION-17?
15:32:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-17 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a post linking to his opera.com blog -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:32:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/17
15:32:31 [dom]
ACTION-17 due next week
15:32:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-17 draft a post linking to his opera.com blog due date now next week
15:32:37 [dom]
ACTION-15?
15:32:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to draft a blog post on WCTMB enhancements (either as two or one posts) -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:32:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/15
15:33:46 [dom]
Topic: Geolocation test suite (ISSUE-4)
15:34:11 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/1236617428.6399.210.camel@localhost Geolocation testing effort
15:34:49 [dom]
Kai: I had a quick look
15:35:09 [dom]
... the way they design their tests, I don't think they would work on many devices, e.g. pocket IE
15:35:41 [dom]
... we're also working on a testing framework in Aplix
15:36:08 [dom]
Dom: any chance it could be brought to Geolocation?
15:36:17 [dom]
Kai: once it's mature enough, probably
15:36:29 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
15:36:41 [dom]
... There are already Google Gears Unit test
15:37:36 [dom]
Dom: any chance you could mention your framework to them?
15:37:51 [dom]
Kai: I will, as soon as I start implementing some tests
15:38:11 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to mention his geolocation testing framework to geolocation wg - due in two weeks
15:38:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-26 - mention his geolocation testing framework to geolocation wg [on Kai Hendry - due 1970-01-01].
15:38:16 [dom]
ACTION-26?
15:38:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-26 -- Kai Hendry to mention his geolocation testing framework to geolocation wg -- due 1970-01-01 -- OPEN
15:38:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/26
15:38:32 [Carmelo]
All: Must leave the call now, see you all next week. Carmelo
15:38:39 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
15:38:59 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
15:39:04 [dom]
ACTION-21?
15:39:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:39:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21
15:39:11 [dom]
ACTION-14?
15:39:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:39:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14
15:39:19 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:39:40 [Zakim]
-dom
15:39:41 [Zakim]
-Kai
15:39:43 [Zakim]
-dmitri
15:39:45 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:39:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Carmelo, dom, Kai, dmitri
15:40:18 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:40:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:40:21 [dom]
zakim, bye
15:40:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
15:41:06 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:41:08 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:41:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mwts-minutes.html dom