IRC log of mediaann on 2009-03-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:58:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
11:58:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-irc
11:58:25 [joakim]
chair: Joakim
11:58:32 [chris]
zakim, who's on the phone?
11:58:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +329331aaaa, ??P1
11:58:47 [tobias]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
11:58:47 [Zakim]
+tobias; got it
11:59:18 [chris]
zakim, +329331aaaa is me
11:59:18 [Zakim]
+chris; got it
11:59:25 [Zakim]
+??P4
11:59:35 [Zakim]
+ +82.10.58.00.aabb
12:00:09 [wonsuk]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
12:00:09 [Zakim]
+wonsuk; got it
12:00:33 [Zakim]
+??P5
12:00:57 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.17.aacc
12:01:12 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aadd
12:01:13 [daniel]
Joakim...are you on the phone ?
12:01:20 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:01:43 [wbailer]
zakim, aadd is wbailer
12:01:44 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
12:01:54 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:01:55 [tmichel]
zakim, who is here ?
12:01:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see chris, tobias, wonsuk, +82.10.58.00.aabb, Felix (muted), +46.1.07.17.aacc, wbailer, Thierry
12:01:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see veroniqueM, RRSAgent, Zakim, joakim, wbailer, tobias, wonsuk, fsasaki, chris, daniel, tmichel, trackbot
12:02:37 [tmichel]
topic:Agenda review and approval of previous minutes
12:02:42 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html
12:02:50 [Zakim]
+[VrijeUni]
12:03:07 [veroniqueM]
zakim, [VrijeUni] is me
12:03:07 [Zakim]
+veroniqueM; got it
12:03:09 [tmichel]
minutes are approuved
12:03:18 [tmichel]
topic: Selection of scribe for next meeting
12:03:48 [tmichel]
next call still one hour in advance
12:04:07 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:04:07 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose veroniqueM
12:04:14 [tmichel]
no volunteer ...
12:04:16 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
12:04:16 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose wbailer
12:04:42 [tmichel]
who did not scribe for long time ?
12:05:03 [tmichel]
Chris volunteer because never scribed !
12:05:18 [tmichel]
Thierry is scribing today
12:05:37 [tmichel]
topic: action items
12:05:43 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
12:05:52 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
12:06:30 [tmichel]
ACTION 43 ?
12:06:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 43
12:06:45 [tmichel]
I could not understanf Felix ...
12:06:56 [tmichel]
ACTION 47 still pending
12:06:56 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 47
12:07:09 [fsasaki]
thierry, I thought you would take AI 43 over, but maybe I misunderstood?
12:07:45 [tmichel]
ACTION 54 to Veronique
12:07:45 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 54
12:08:18 [tmichel]
It is possible to reassigne an action
12:08:49 [tmichel]
ACTION 80 posted feed back
12:08:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 80
12:09:19 [tmichel]
Felix: Might have more information latter
12:09:23 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/54 is changed to Veronique
12:09:26 [fsasaki]
s/latter/later/
12:09:31 [tmichel]
close ACTION 82
12:09:43 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-82
12:09:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 Wey to provide mapping for itunes and quicktime closed
12:10:07 [tmichel]
cose ACTION-85
12:10:22 [tmichel]
close ACTION-85
12:10:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-85 Implement agreed changes in requirements document closed
12:10:31 [tmichel]
colse ACTION-86
12:10:40 [tmichel]
close ACTION-86
12:10:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 Update Excel sheet to support description of properties closed
12:10:55 [tmichel]
close ACTION-87
12:10:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-87 And Werner will look into the Google Dataset API closed
12:11:42 [tmichel]
close ACTION-89
12:11:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 Provide the list of all formats considered in the mapping table with the person who did the mapping, leading each sub-group closed
12:12:31 [tmichel]
close ACTION-90
12:12:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 Re-open the questionnaire and invite people to really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a quorum of responses closed
12:12:44 [tmichel]
close ACTION-90
12:12:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 Re-open the questionnaire and invite people to really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a quorum of responses closed
12:12:57 [tmichel]
close ACTION-91
12:12:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-91 Chase the non-responders closed
12:13:30 [tmichel]
ACTION-92 does someone wants to comment ?
12:13:39 [fsasaki]
s/wants /want /
12:13:48 [fsasaki]
felix: I will take this over
12:13:52 [tmichel]
Felix will meet Larry latter today and will report latter
12:14:12 [fsasaki]
s/Larry/someone from Adobe/
12:14:21 [tmichel]
topic: Publish of mapping table as it on TR pages and comments from W3C team
12:14:31 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0047.html
12:15:35 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/92 is tossed to Felix
12:17:11 [tmichel]
Thierry: talked to W3C comm Team about publishing the excel table (in an HTML format). Ian agreed to published as is.
12:17:42 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0062.html
12:17:58 [joakim]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
12:18:08 [tmichel]
Felix: repports about Raphael email sent today. Raphael agrees to publish with conditional remarks. Please read this email
12:18:19 [veroniqueM]
+1 for the publication with the remarks
12:18:30 [tobias]
I read Raphael's mail before - I agree to the comments. thus: +1
12:20:38 [tmichel]
We will have an index with a list of formats linking to each format
12:21:36 [tmichel]
Felix: Raphael would like a publication after the F2F in spain.
12:23:26 [tmichel]
Felix: we could review then the table at the F2F
12:23:47 [tmichel]
for each format we will have an entry with a link to an external file
12:24:06 [tmichel]
Move the deadline for publication after the F2F ?
12:24:11 [fsasaki]
+1
12:24:12 [wbailer]
+1
12:24:16 [wonsuk]
+1
12:24:17 [tobias]
+1
12:24:26 [daniel]
+1
12:24:28 [tmichel]
objection for this schedule ?
12:24:29 [veroniqueM]
+1
12:24:37 [veroniqueM]
no objection :)
12:24:47 [tmichel]
no objection !
12:24:52 [fsasaki]
cool!
12:25:54 [tmichel]
resolution: publish the first draft after the F2F
12:26:22 [tmichel]
ACTION: thierry to work on the document with the proper table
12:26:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - Work on the document with the proper table [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-24].
12:26:30 [joakim]
Wb AP Wg http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/
12:27:10 [tmichel]
media object description: how does it relates to our document ?
12:27:32 [tmichel]
from the WebAPI WG
12:28:22 [tmichel]
would it make sense to add thye interface to the mapping ?
12:28:26 [tobias]
+1 for Wbailer; I guess it would make sense.
12:28:54 [chris]
+1
12:29:27 [tmichel]
Will talk about this during the F2F meeting
12:30:43 [tmichel]
ACTION thierry to talk about th liaison
12:30:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-94 - Talk about th liaison [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-24].
12:30:47 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0042.html
12:30:54 [tmichel]
topic:Results of questionnaire of mapping formats
12:30:54 [tmichel]
Second reopen for the questionnaire:
12:31:52 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/Annot-format-survey/results
12:34:30 [tmichel]
Thierry explain his conclusion: see his earlier email
12:34:43 [tmichel]
Let me explain our one can conclude on the 3 questions:
12:34:43 [tmichel]
You take the som of the ranking of 3 questions:
12:34:43 [tmichel]
the lowest som wins:
12:34:43 [tmichel]
Media RSS 2+1+3= 6
12:34:43 [tmichel]
EXIF 1+5+1= 7
12:34:44 [tmichel]
Youtube 4+2+4= 10
12:34:46 [tmichel]
TV-Anytime 5+7+3=15
12:34:48 [tmichel]
ID3 frames 5+4+7=16
12:34:50 [tmichel]
MPEG-7 =8+6+2= 16
12:34:54 [tmichel]
EBUCore 7+3+8= 19
12:35:16 [veroniqueM]
I missed one part: do we need to pick up one format only to start working on? Why not the 5 selected?
12:36:58 [tmichel]
Thierry: this is not a formal vote. just an indicator tool
12:37:32 [tmichel]
Felix agrees thta this not a formal vote to consider as is
12:37:39 [veroniqueM]
my question was about "Now the issues is which format do we want to retain?"
12:37:55 [veroniqueM]
you want to focus first on only ONE format?
12:39:27 [tmichel]
We also have to consider the people implementations
12:39:55 [tmichel]
this is an important info for considering formats
12:40:36 [tobias]
agree to Joakim; the industry members are important for the group - so we should take their opinion into account.
12:41:14 [tmichel]
Felix: we should ask here what people think about Itunes
12:41:20 [tmichel]
and QT
12:41:42 [tmichel]
Felix: let's have a poll about Itunes and QT
12:42:11 [tmichel]
Daniel:industry members are important for our group
12:43:01 [veroniqueM]
I have no specific opinion about whether to take into account or not Itunes and QT
12:43:10 [tmichel]
Very difficult to her Daniel ...
12:44:08 [tmichel]
Daniel: should have some kind of guidelines for choosing a format
12:44:18 [tmichel]
Daniel: any suggestions ?
12:44:36 [daniel]
question: format selection is very controversial...so, we should have any guideline or criteria for the group
12:45:13 [tmichel]
Felix: we have input from the questionnaire. Also the implementation of the format is an important criteria to keep it in or not
12:46:24 [tmichel]
Joakim: but the WG members are not necessary the implementors
12:47:15 [tmichel]
The issue is that the QT and Itunes are not in the questionnaire.
12:47:24 [tmichel]
We should give them a chance
12:47:53 [veroniqueM]
+1 to ask the group what they think about these 2 formats
12:48:36 [veroniqueM]
but we can work on the other formats meanwhile...
12:48:37 [tmichel]
Felix: We should send something to Dave Singer to say that we have nothing against QT and Itunes, but these were not in the mapping table when the Quetionnaire was setup
12:48:43 [hui]
hui has joined #mediaann
12:48:55 [tmichel]
ID3 and Itunes overlap
12:49:30 [tmichel]
The ranking shows the interest of the participants toward these formats.
12:49:48 [tmichel]
topic:Call for reviewers on mapping formats
12:49:49 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review
12:51:16 [chris]
What is the due date for this review?
12:51:38 [Zakim]
+??P17
12:52:02 [hui]
p17 hui
12:53:04 [tmichel]
Veronique : should we start reviewing formats that will not be kept ?
12:53:18 [chris]
+1 on Tobias' comment
12:53:34 [tmichel]
We should review at least for the publication of the mapping table
12:53:48 [veroniqueM]
yes, Tobias' comment makes sense, +1
12:54:52 [Zakim]
-Felix
12:55:29 [tmichel]
should review all formats for publication then focus on the formats we will keep
12:56:48 [tmichel]
Due date for people to put their name: next week
12:57:08 [tmichel]
Due date for people to review the format: 2weeks
12:59:24 [tmichel]
topic:Reviewing the Mapping table and discussion
12:59:29 [joakim]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090223_common.htm
12:59:32 [tmichel]
postponed to the F2F
13:00:50 [tmichel]
topic: Toy implementation
13:01:18 [tmichel]
veronique sent a proposal for XMP and Dublin Core in RDF
13:01:56 [tmichel]
will discuss it next week
13:02:07 [tmichel]
rssagent, draft minutes
13:02:08 [tobias]
bye
13:02:10 [Zakim]
-wbailer
13:02:13 [Zakim]
-??P17
13:02:14 [Zakim]
-tobias
13:02:23 [daniel]
next call is also the same timezone
13:02:23 [Zakim]
- +82.10.58.00.aabb
13:02:29 [Zakim]
-veroniqueM
13:02:30 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
13:02:39 [Zakim]
- +46.1.07.17.aacc
13:03:13 [tmichel]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:03:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html tmichel
13:03:25 [tmichel]
rrsagent, bye
13:03:25 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-actions.rdf :
13:03:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: thierry to work on the document with the proper table [1]
13:03:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-irc#T12-26-22