IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-03-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:55:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
08:55:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-irc
08:55:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
08:55:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
08:55:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
08:55:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
08:55:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
08:55:09 [trackbot]
Date: 11 March 2009
08:55:24 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0029.html
08:55:30 [raphael]
Chair: Erik, Raphael
08:55:35 [raphael]
Regrets: Conrad
08:55:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
08:57:21 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:00:37 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:00:53 [jackjansen]
zakim, code?
09:00:53 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jackjansen
09:01:21 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:01:28 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:01:38 [Zakim]
+??P2
09:02:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
09:02:03 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
09:02:09 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.592.aaaa
09:02:12 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
09:02:19 [jackjansen]
zakim, aaaa is me
09:02:19 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
09:03:23 [Zakim]
+Thierry
09:04:01 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
09:04:28 [Zakim]
+??P4
09:04:39 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aabb
09:04:48 [davy]
zakim, ??P4 is davy
09:04:48 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
09:05:03 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is nessy
09:05:03 [Zakim]
+nessy; got it
09:05:17 [davy]
zakim, erik is with davy
09:05:17 [Zakim]
+erik; got it
09:05:33 [raphael]
yves, are joi joining?
09:06:06 [raphael]
Scribe: Jack
09:06:13 [raphael]
scribenick: jackjansen
09:07:02 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
09:07:07 [raphael]
accept the minutes: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html ?
09:07:09 [mhausenblas]
+1
09:07:14 [davy]
+1
09:07:37 [jackjansen]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0029.html
09:08:10 [jackjansen]
all: accepted
09:08:37 [jackjansen]
resolved: 44
09:08:43 [jackjansen]
RESOLVED: 44
09:08:45 [raphael]
close ACTION-44
09:08:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-44 Take care of zakim bridge for F2F closed
09:10:12 [jackjansen]
raphael: next issue: meeting at TPAC or not? Maybe we don't want to fly there in November, too expensive?
09:10:43 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:11:11 [jackjansen]
Silvia: I probably won't make it
09:11:32 [jackjansen]
Yves: annotations WG probably will meet
09:11:44 [Yves]
s/Yves/Thierry/
09:13:17 [jackjansen]
Raphael: suggests we meet at a cheaper place. Hotels in California are more expensive, and there's a fee too.
09:13:59 [jackjansen]
Raphael: next topic: teleconf time. Heads up that next weeks teleconf is an hour early too.
09:14:57 [jackjansen]
Silvia: back to f2f: maybe I can arrange something through csiro?
09:15:30 [jackjansen]
Raphael: lets postpone discussion to Barcelona. For now main point is meeting at TPAC or not (to meet other groups)
09:16:16 [raphael]
Topic: 2. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
09:16:56 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:17:29 [jackjansen]
raphael: some people seem to have CVS problems.
09:17:38 [jackjansen]
Silvia: yes, I do.
09:18:21 [jackjansen]
raphael: various people have no problems.
09:18:27 [tmichel]
I have also sent an email to the system about checking in documents
09:18:29 [nessy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:18:37 [erik]
Erik: still problem (probably authentication issue)
09:19:08 [jackjansen]
Silvia: where is the document?
09:19:15 [jackjansen]
Michael: overview.html
09:20:03 [jackjansen]
Raphael: html does not match xml. Needs to be processed by stylesheet.
09:21:00 [raphael]
Thierry has filled the section 3, I will checked it in
09:22:27 [jackjansen]
Raphael: cvs up should give you updated documents
09:22:44 [jackjansen]
... back to syntax.
09:22:48 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEGMENT/
09:22:52 [jackjansen]
... The questionaire.
09:24:01 [jackjansen]
... Everyone happy with segment, which has the majority?
09:24:04 [mhausenblas]
+1
09:24:07 [raphael]
close ACTION-45
09:24:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-45 Erik And Raphael to set up a questionnaire to find a name for the top level Media Fragment production rule closed
09:24:47 [jackjansen]
yves: does this also change the other production names?
09:25:09 [jackjansen]
Raphael: I think so. xxxfragment becomes xxxsegment for any xxx.
09:25:18 [jackjansen]
... Action 46 is ongoing.
09:25:32 [jackjansen]
yves: had no time to work on it. In another f2f.
09:26:07 [jackjansen]
Topic: 2.2 use cases
09:26:42 [jackjansen]
Silvia: working on it, seems ok so far.
09:27:01 [jackjansen]
Topic 2.3: existing technology.
09:27:21 [jackjansen]
s/Topic 2.3: Topic: 2.3
09:27:36 [jackjansen]
erik: only need to do copying.
09:27:40 [raphael]
close ACTION-23
09:27:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also to Existing Technologies Survey closed
09:27:59 [jackjansen]
topic: 2.4 http implementation
09:28:13 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
09:29:11 [jackjansen]
Raphael: need to use real media. Jack suggests using prerecorded video from Nice
09:29:53 [jackjansen]
... Does current text capture intention?
09:30:02 [jackjansen]
Yves: think so, need to check
09:30:07 [jackjansen]
Silvia: me too
09:30:19 [jackjansen]
q+
09:30:43 [nessy]
q+
09:31:07 [jackjansen]
Raphael: need to fill pro+con section, especially caching.
09:31:17 [raphael]
zakim, ack jackjansen
09:31:17 [Zakim]
I see nessy on the speaker queue
09:32:00 [Zakim]
-nessy
09:32:27 [raphael]
Jack: suggest to flip the examples ... 4-ways handshake is better equiped to have different ranges
09:33:07 [raphael]
... while the 2-ways handshakes might return exactly what the UA has requested, and the UA will need to do an extra clipping
09:33:23 [raphael]
Yves: multi mime answer?
09:33:47 [raphael]
Jack: we do continuous segments or not?
09:34:24 [Zakim]
+ +06128012aacc
09:34:53 [raphael]
Raphael: see the issue page http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues#Continuity_.2F_Discontinuity
09:35:53 [raphael]
zakim, ack nessy
09:35:53 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
09:36:17 [jackjansen]
Silvia: I want to reopen the discussion on 2way 4way
09:36:27 [jackjansen]
... maybe at next f2f.
09:36:32 [raphael]
Raphael: agree to make it a major topic of our next telecon
09:37:40 [jackjansen]
Silvia: not reopen, more like clarify.
09:38:20 [Yves]
btw: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-06
09:38:45 [jackjansen]
Raphael: Silvia, can you write an email with your comments?
09:39:04 [jackjansen]
Silvia: better to have everyone read it, and discuss it in 2 weeks time
09:39:41 [jackjansen]
Raphael: ok.
09:40:22 [jackjansen]
Silvia: will miss next week: product lunch
09:40:29 [jackjansen]
... (OR LAUNCH??)
09:41:04 [nessy]
yeah, product launch :)
09:41:12 [jackjansen]
Raphael: Yves, what is the url you posted above?
09:41:25 [jackjansen]
(offtopic: too bad, lunch seems more fun)
09:42:00 [jackjansen]
Raphael: it's mandatory reading for everyone.
09:42:14 [jackjansen]
Topic: 3. issues
09:42:49 [jackjansen]
Raphael: do we need to update mimetype registrations?
09:43:41 [jackjansen]
Michael: not necessary for first draft. I haven't done anything yet, but please keep it open.
09:43:53 [jackjansen]
... will come with proposal after talking to various people.
09:43:59 [raphael]
+1 for Michael
09:44:04 [nessy]
+1
09:44:28 [jackjansen]
Raphael: ok, should we keep it on agenda?
09:44:33 [jackjansen]
Michael: don't care
09:44:53 [jackjansen]
Raphael: on to issue 4. Track names.
09:45:27 [jackjansen]
q+
09:45:47 [jackjansen]
Silvia: I'm both pro and con, actually.
09:46:06 [jackjansen]
... con because its up to the containerr
09:46:20 [jackjansen]
... pro because it's handy from user pov
09:47:09 [raphael]
zakim, ack jackjansen
09:47:09 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
09:47:17 [raphael]
Jack: I'm also pro and con
09:47:25 [raphael]
... I'm against it at this point in time
09:47:42 [raphael]
... I'm afraid we standardize it incorrectly
09:48:01 [raphael]
... we are going more in the metadata field
09:48:15 [raphael]
Raphael: agree, we might need more expertise and postpone that later
09:48:36 [raphael]
Jack: I suggest we study it more, particularly the WAI
09:49:01 [raphael]
Raphael: should we try to invite some of them in a telecon?
09:50:27 [jackjansen]
Raphael: I'll put it on the agenda for the next cross-wg teleconf with them
09:50:49 [jackjansen]
Raphael: but after first working draft.
09:51:14 [raphael]
Jack: yes, but put a paragraph explaining the rationale in the WD
09:51:15 [raphael]
+1
09:51:19 [nessy]
+1
09:51:41 [davy]
+1
09:51:55 [jackjansen]
topic: 5. AOB
09:52:07 [jackjansen]
Raphael: nothing on implementation. AOB?
09:52:18 [jackjansen]
... Nothing? Ok.
09:52:33 [jackjansen]
... Everyone needs to read http document.
09:52:51 [jackjansen]
... Also: everyone take care we copy all info to wd.
09:53:54 [jackjansen]
Michael: asks Yves to give occasional updates on httpbis
09:54:14 [jackjansen]
Yves: info is publicly available in minutes.
09:54:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:55:14 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
09:55:18 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:55:20 [Zakim]
-davy
09:55:22 [Zakim]
- +06128012aacc
09:55:25 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
09:55:26 [Zakim]
-Yves
09:55:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
09:55:31 [jackjansen]
raphael, are you doing the magic?
09:55:34 [Zakim]
-Thierry
09:55:35 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:55:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, mhausenblas, +31.20.592.aaaa, jackjansen, Thierry, +61.2.801.2.aabb, davy, nessy, erik, Yves, +06128012aacc
09:55:38 [jackjansen]
Ah, yves does.
09:55:40 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
09:55:42 [raphael]
zakim, bye
09:55:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
09:55:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:55:56 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
09:55:56 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items