IRC log of er on 2009-03-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:19:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:19:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-er-irc
13:19:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:19:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:19:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
13:19:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
13:19:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
13:19:30 [trackbot]
Date: 04 March 2009
13:20:36 [squillace]
Chair: squillace
13:22:07 [squillace]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009Mar/0002.html
13:23:20 [squillace]
zakim, agenda+ Review of updated EARL 1.0 Schema with special attention to the conformance section.
13:23:20 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
13:23:56 [squillace]
zakim, agenda+ ERT WG meeting during TPAC 2009
13:23:56 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
13:24:03 [squillace]
zakim, agenda+ next and future meetings
13:24:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
13:24:14 [squillace]
zakim, angedna?
13:24:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, squillace.
13:24:23 [squillace]
zakim, agedna
13:24:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agedna', squillace
13:24:33 [squillace]
zakim, agenda
13:24:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda', squillace
13:24:46 [squillace]
zakim, agenda?
13:24:46 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
13:24:47 [Zakim]
1. Review of updated EARL 1.0 Schema with special attention to the conformance section [from squillace]
13:24:51 [Zakim]
2. ERT WG meeting during TPAC 2009 [from squillace]
13:24:52 [Zakim]
3. next and future meetings [from squillace]
13:27:04 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
13:27:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
13:27:30 [squillace]
zakim, +1.512 is squillace
13:27:30 [Zakim]
+squillace; got it
13:27:44 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:27:44 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:27:45 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:13 [shadi]
agenda+ WAI Evaluation Resource Suite
13:30:21 [shadi]
agenda?
13:30:22 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:30:50 [shadi]
zakim, order 1,4,2,3
13:30:50 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'order 1,4,2,3', shadi
13:30:51 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
13:30:58 [shadi]
zakim, agenda order 1,4,2,3
13:30:58 [Zakim]
ok, shadi
13:31:02 [JohannesK]
zakim, CarlosV is really me
13:31:02 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
13:31:05 [shadi]
agenda?
13:31:18 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
13:31:39 [JohannesK]
CarlosV is too busy to join
13:31:59 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
13:32:18 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
13:33:00 [shadi]
zakim, agenda order 2,4,1,3
13:33:00 [Zakim]
ok, shadi
13:33:26 [squillace]
Scribe: CarlosI
13:33:36 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:33:36 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "ERT WG meeting during TPAC 2009" taken up [from squillace]
13:33:51 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009Feb/0020.html
13:34:43 [carlosI]
MS: TPAC 2-6 November 2009 Santa Clara, CA, USA.
13:35:04 [carlosI]
MS: exploring potential interest of group attending
13:35:30 [carlosI]
SAZ: this year need to confirm hotel reservations
13:35:49 [carlosI]
SAZ: we haven't met in the USA for quite a while
13:36:23 [carlosI]
SAZ: although most participants are not from the USA it could encourage more participation
13:36:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: need to decide for the next telecon at most
13:37:12 [carlosI]
MS: will be attending
13:37:26 [carlosI]
MS: good opportunity to share with other groups
13:40:37 [carlosI]
CI: not sure at this moment
13:41:01 [carlosI]
CI: if need to have an answer right now it would be a no
13:41:28 [carlosI]
SAZ: depend on what groups will meet
13:42:22 [carlosI]
SAZ: may decide later in the year depending on the group progress
13:42:35 [carlosI]
JK: quite a difficult week
13:42:44 [carlosI]
JK: probably won't attend
13:43:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: looks like a no for a full group meeting
13:44:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: should have a F2F this year
13:44:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: need to think where and when
13:45:06 [carlosI]
MS: could do an european F2F meeting again with also phone participation
13:45:34 [carlosI]
SAZ: can wait until last call stage and then think more seriously about F2F
13:45:40 [shadi]
https://www.hcii2009.org/
13:46:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: HCI International in July, San Diego
13:46:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: paper submission
13:47:17 [carlosI]
SAZ: interesting to keep an eye on it
13:49:33 [carlosI]
MS: concusion: no official F2F group meeting at TPAC but need a F2F probably coinciding with other event
13:50:11 [squillace]
RESOLUTION: no F2F at TPAC 2009 but keep eyes and ears open for F2F for our group with regard to time and palce, possibly co-locating with anotehr conference (e.g. HCI in July 2009)
13:50:23 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:50:23 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "WAI Evaluation Resource Suite" taken up [from shadi]
13:50:47 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/
13:52:04 [carlosI]
SAZ: need to update the evaluation resources suite according to WCAG 2
13:53:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: have submitted a proposal to the Leonardo da Vinci program with Braillenet, Bartimeus and University of Linz
13:54:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: its and educational program
13:54:42 [carlosI]
SAZ: working on methodologies and guidelines assistance
13:55:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: waiting for a response
13:55:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: if starting not before November or so
13:55:58 [carlosI]
SAZ: work will be done through WAI WGs
13:56:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: participation will be open to as much stakeholders as possible
13:57:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: previous work on UWEM methodology for WCAG 1.0
13:57:43 [carlosI]
SAZ: working on WCAG 2 guidelines and 1.0 methodology at the same time
13:57:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: hope to reuse as much as possible
13:58:31 [carlosI]
SAZ: UWEM projects are public and have ended
13:59:37 [carlosI]
JK: as a UWEM participant would like to say that some parts where WCAG 1.0 dependant but others are generic enough to be resused
13:59:49 [carlosI]
SAZ: two different parts
13:59:55 [carlosI]
SAZ: the tests themselft
14:00:04 [carlosI]
SAZ: and the procedure
14:00:44 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:00:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review of updated EARL 1.0 Schema with special attention to the conformance section" taken up [from squillace]
14:00:54 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090302
14:01:09 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090302#conformance
14:01:15 [carlosI]
MS: like the new approach
14:01:22 [carlosI]
MS: looks more clear
14:01:39 [carlosI]
MS: like the overall layout
14:02:04 [carlosI]
MS: can go section by section
14:05:21 [carlosI]
CI: would like to clarify that cnt:Content and http:Response are optional
14:06:29 [carlosI]
MS: how does RDF handle different languages?
14:08:42 [carlosI]
MS: about the third point in 4.2
14:09:03 [carlosI_]
carlosI_ has joined #er
14:10:00 [carlosI_]
JK: the problem is that you can have several different serializations for the same model
14:10:09 [carlosI_]
JK: wich one to select?
14:11:05 [carlosI_]
JK: maybe can't be possible to use some RDF tools because they not use the same serialization
14:11:40 [carlosI_]
SAZ: the question is if it is a restriction o requirement we want to adopt or not
14:11:53 [carlosI]
MS: then why are we using RDF at all?
14:13:05 [carlosI]
JK: think it is contrary to the RDF philosophy in general
14:13:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: it won't be a must
14:15:33 [carlosI]
JK: RDF tools shouldn't be required to support specific serializations
14:17:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: about Appendix A
14:17:40 [carlosI]
SAZ: the idea is that tools should be able to consume or produce all the terms if there is information for them
14:21:02 [carlosI]
JK: about 4.1 point 1
14:21:39 [carlosI]
JK: does it mean that the tool should be RDF aware or may one use an XML tool and say it is a conformin processor
14:21:56 [carlosI]
s/conformin/conforming
14:22:29 [carlosI]
SAZ: it should be able to handle any serialization
14:23:03 [shadi]
add "any" to RDF/XML serialization (in point 4.2)
14:27:07 [shadi]
consider "must *be able to*" to 4.2.2 and 4.3.2
14:28:03 [carlosI]
RESOLUTION: drop section 4.4
14:31:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: need to clearly separate between EARL conforming and supporting tools
14:31:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: not sure whether it is the right wording
14:31:44 [carlosI]
SAZ: related to the EARL Lite idea
14:31:52 [Zakim]
-squillace
14:31:55 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
14:32:00 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:32:05 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
14:32:06 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:32:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:32:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:32:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-er-minutes.html trackbot
14:32:07 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
14:32:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:32:08 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
14:32:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.286.aaaa, squillace, Shadi, JohannesK, CarlosI
14:32:10 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is