IRC log of mediaann on 2009-03-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:59:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:59:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-irc
12:59:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:59:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
12:59:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MAWG
12:59:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MAWG()8:00AM already started
12:59:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference
12:59:50 [trackbot]
Date: 03 March 2009
13:00:09 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
13:00:12 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediaann
13:00:18 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
13:00:27 [Zakim]
+Thierry
13:00:55 [Zakim]
+raphael
13:01:05 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
13:01:15 [Zakim]
+VeroniqueM
13:01:19 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:01:27 [tmichel]
zakim, who is here ?
13:01:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P1, ??P2, Thierry, raphael (muted), VeroniqueM, ??P5 (muted)
13:01:28 [daniel]
Veronique is scriber today, are you ready ?
13:01:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tmichel, joakim, raphael, veroniqueM, Zakim, RRSAgent, chris, tobias, daniel, fsasaki, trackbot
13:01:36 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:01:41 [tobias]
Zakim, ??P7 is me
13:01:48 [Zakim]
+tobias; got it
13:02:08 [raphael]
zakim, which telecon?
13:02:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
13:02:34 [Zakim]
+joakim
13:03:14 [plh]
plh has joined #mediaann
13:03:50 [veroniqueM]
Agenda review and approval of previous minutes telecon 17 February 2009
13:03:52 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/17-mediaann-minutes.html
13:04:32 [veroniqueM]
previous minutes approved
13:04:44 [veroniqueM]
Selection of scribe for next meeting
13:04:56 [fsasaki]
Felix will scribe next week
13:05:03 [veroniqueM]
no one is appointed yet
13:05:09 [veroniqueM]
any volonteer?
13:05:22 [veroniqueM]
Thierry volunteered as a scribe
13:05:23 [fsasaki]
s/Felix/Thierry/
13:05:28 [tmichel]
Thierry will scribe next week
13:06:09 [veroniqueM]
next week the teleconf will be at the same time
13:06:25 [veroniqueM]
but we have to be careful with the summer time
13:06:37 [veroniqueM]
no changes for US people
13:06:53 [raphael]
s/the same time/the same US time
13:06:59 [veroniqueM]
people joining from Asia will have to dial one hour earlier
13:07:35 [veroniqueM]
people joining from Europe will have to dial one hour earlier
13:08:38 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: shall we reschedule the teleconf?
13:08:41 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #mediaann
13:09:04 [daniel]
how many members need to change the schedule ?
13:09:05 [tmichel]
I am fine with the 3 weeks one one earlier
13:09:17 [daniel]
+1 for one earlier
13:09:20 [fsasaki]
I have a high preference for not dialing in one hour earlier in Europe (I could not make the call)
13:09:20 [tmichel]
one hour earlier
13:09:25 [raphael]
I'me fine with having the telecon at 13:00 Paris Time for 3 weeks
13:09:30 [tobias]
+1 for one earlier
13:09:33 [chris]
+1 for one earlier
13:09:37 [veroniqueM]
I'me fine with having the telecon at 13:00 Paris Time for 3 weeks
13:09:45 [fsasaki]
+1 for 13:00 for 3 weeks, but not after
13:09:47 [Zakim]
+??P13
13:09:58 [joakim]
doesnt matter to me
13:10:15 [raphael]
zakim, ??P13 is wonsuk
13:10:15 [Zakim]
+wonsuk; got it
13:10:43 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
13:11:05 [joakim]
For some reason I can't open the minutes
13:11:09 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: we keep the official schedule and people dialing from Asia and Europe will dial one hour earlier
13:11:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
13:11:34 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: can't open the minutes, does anyone else have the same problem?
13:11:40 [raphael]
RRSAgent, makes minutes public
13:11:40 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'makes minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:11:45 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
13:11:45 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:11:53 [tmichel]
Chair: please remind people in your next agenda for the new time slot until march 29th
13:12:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
13:12:55 [joakim]
Now it works!
13:13:14 [veroniqueM]
problem solved: minutes are now accessible
13:13:23 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
13:13:24 [veroniqueM]
Action items
13:13:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
13:13:55 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/43
13:14:02 [daniel]
ACTION-43
13:14:08 [veroniqueM]
first action is on Felix
13:14:19 [veroniqueM]
action is still pending
13:14:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - is
13:15:02 [daniel]
ACTION-43
13:15:08 [daniel]
ACTION-47
13:15:14 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/47
13:15:17 [fsasaki]
felix : action 43 is still pending
13:15:39 [veroniqueM]
Tobias: action item is still pending
13:16:00 [veroniqueM]
s/Tobias/Werner/
13:16:20 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/54
13:16:30 [daniel]
ACTION-80 is still open
13:16:47 [veroniqueM]
Frank: action still pending, would someone take over?
13:17:25 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/80
13:18:05 [veroniqueM]
Felix: action is still pending
13:18:26 [veroniqueM]
Thierry: the action should be transfered to me
13:18:54 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/82
13:19:00 [veroniqueM]
is closed
13:19:23 [veroniqueM]
ACTION 83 is still open
13:19:23 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 83
13:19:33 [veroniqueM]
84 is done
13:19:41 [raphael]
close ACTION-84
13:19:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-84 Set up questionnaire for format selection closed
13:20:12 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/85
13:20:17 [veroniqueM]
is still open
13:20:33 [veroniqueM]
Felix and Joakim: we should put a schedule on that
13:20:49 [veroniqueM]
... and define how to update the requirement document
13:20:58 [tobias]
Felix, if you need any support: please tell me.
13:21:18 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/86
13:21:25 [fsasaki]
tobias, yes please!
13:21:45 [fsasaki]
you just need to get CVS access from Thierry, and you can get started
13:21:55 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: has updated it, and will still update it, it seems that there are still some access problems, will take care of that later offline
13:22:09 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/87
13:22:21 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: action is still pending
13:22:43 [daniel]
Werner: did you look into the Google Dataset API ?
13:22:54 [daniel]
this is a ACTION-87
13:23:22 [veroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/88
13:23:36 [wbailer]
action 87 is pending
13:23:36 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 87
13:24:01 [veroniqueM]
Felix: has sent a mail for update propsal
13:24:08 [veroniqueM]
close action 88
13:24:24 [fsasaki]
close action-88
13:24:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 Gather material for publishing a recommendation track working draft closed
13:24:34 [veroniqueM]
Topic: Mapping of formats
13:25:07 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: the ontology and api have to be as simple as possible
13:25:40 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: Joakim an Thierry do you have an idea about how to move forward this topic?
13:26:01 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: Pierre Antoine sent an email about ID3 mappings
13:26:23 [veroniqueM]
... and followed up discussion was about the complexity of ontologies
13:26:36 [veroniqueM]
... not sure what the concensus about it is?
13:26:55 [veroniqueM]
Felix: meantimes we looked into mappings and implementations
13:27:19 [veroniqueM]
... we don't have a definite conclusion but we can still move forward so it is ok as is
13:27:45 [veroniqueM]
... does anyone think we are going in the wrong direction right now?
13:28:13 [veroniqueM]
... if not it is ok to go on the discussion and comparison of examples
13:28:48 [veroniqueM]
... we take into account abstraction levels existing in the mapping tables: this is fine
13:29:02 [veroniqueM]
...for example
13:29:25 [veroniqueM]
... difficult to formulate more specific conclusions now
13:30:08 [veroniqueM]
... we can continue to work on the mapping table and implementations
13:31:17 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: we don't need to implement the whole mapping table
13:31:56 [veroniqueM]
... this is why we have the questionaire of format selection
13:32:22 [veroniqueM]
... and if someone wants to implement other formats they are welcome
13:33:03 [joakim]
opinion, that even "flat looking" metadata scheme involve several layers of abstraction, and so that our ontology must take this into account, preferably in an explicit way.
13:33:17 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: Pierre Antoine wrote about needed atributes dealing with ID3
13:33:29 [daniel]
fundamental question: are you thinking that we have to implement all mapping tables within our specification ?
13:33:38 [veroniqueM]
... and several layers of abstraction
13:34:09 [raphael]
@Daniel: the survey was sold as an informative way of defining priorities for the work of the group ... and NOT a decision on the formats to consider
13:34:13 [veroniqueM]
... now that we have the mapping table, we should implement them in a more "operationnal" format
13:34:39 [veroniqueM]
Felix: the survey is informative
13:34:44 [raphael]
+1
13:34:53 [daniel]
+1
13:35:08 [wonsuk]
+1
13:35:17 [veroniqueM]
Felix: +1 to Raphael' irc remark
13:35:58 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: I agree with the fact that our ontology and API should be simple
13:36:22 [veroniqueM]
... how many people are willing to implement a mapping?
13:36:54 [veroniqueM]
... who is a volunteer for an implementation?
13:37:39 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: we should publish the mapping table in march, did not mention the volunteering of implentations
13:37:57 [fsasaki]
currently Pierre-Antoine and Felix for toy implementations, but they cover only small bits
13:38:12 [veroniqueM]
Thierry: both PA and Felix have provided a toy implementation, but they do not cover everything
13:38:21 [daniel]
Question: any more volunteers for toy implementation ?
13:38:44 [daniel]
so far, 3 volunteers: PA, Felix and Wonsuk, other volunteers ?
13:38:55 [veroniqueM]
Wonsuk: needs help to design the ontology
13:39:15 [veroniqueM]
... the group has experts in ontology design
13:39:27 [veroniqueM]
... we have to define the language
13:39:37 [veroniqueM]
... can anyone comment on that?
13:39:58 [veroniqueM]
... would be very useful for his toy implementation
13:41:04 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: it seems that the working group has to get some guidelines for designing an ontology
13:41:19 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: I can volunteer for this
13:42:36 [veroniqueM]
... but how do you see the relation between the toy ontology, the toy implementation and the final ontology to deliver?
13:43:26 [veroniqueM]
Felix: the delivery is open to everything, the ontology can be prose. formal representation and whatever language
13:43:51 [veroniqueM]
... any kind of language is ok
13:44:26 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: people developping toy implementation should document what language they are building upon
13:45:01 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: the documentation process is not part of our work, is it?
13:45:01 [raphael]
zakim, ack tobias
13:45:01 [Zakim]
tobias, you wanted to tell the group about the initiative Veronique and Tobias started to map XMP->DC->VRA using semantics
13:45:04 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:45:44 [veroniqueM]
Tobias: Vero and I have started working on the mapping of the rdf representations of XMP to dublin core and vra
13:46:01 [veroniqueM]
... this can also be considered as a toy application
13:46:31 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: do we need an action item for ontology design guidelines?
13:46:46 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: agrres but tooo big task for himself alone
13:47:01 [veroniqueM]
Wonsuk: making a wikipage would be useful
13:47:22 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: let's continue this on the mailing list
13:48:16 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: will try to make a more publishable version of the mapping table, this could be a good starting point for this ontology design guideline
13:48:40 [veroniqueM]
Topic: editors for the documents
13:48:54 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: do we need editors for the guidelines?
13:49:30 [veroniqueM]
... we have a good editor team from the UC and REQ document
13:49:37 [tobias]
I can also contribute.
13:49:48 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: I could also contribute to the edition of documents
13:50:15 [fsasaki]
I can continue to contribute
13:50:16 [veroniqueM]
... candidates for new editorial team: Tobias, Joakim,
13:50:24 [veroniqueM]
... Felix
13:50:53 [wonsuk]
I can also contribute..
13:51:11 [veroniqueM]
... Vero can also contribute (moderately)
13:51:22 [veroniqueM]
... Wonsuk too
13:51:34 [chris]
I can contribute too
13:52:13 [veroniqueM]
Topic: Questionnaire: Survey of Mapping Formats
13:52:24 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: did not get feedback yet
13:52:53 [veroniqueM]
Thierry: we have a low rate of feedback on the questionaire
13:53:14 [veroniqueM]
Joakim: would be interesting to know who answered
13:53:48 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: we should re-open the questionaire and rise the question to the mailing list
13:54:17 [veroniqueM]
Thierry: I can re-open the questionnaire, till the next telecon
13:54:40 [veroniqueM]
... will draw conclusions March 10
13:54:40 [daniel]
reopen until March 10
13:54:55 [raphael]
zakim, q+ to talk about TAG investigation around metadata, see http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/metadata-survey.html
13:54:55 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
13:55:04 [raphael]
zakim, ack me
13:55:04 [Zakim]
unmuting raphael
13:55:05 [Zakim]
raphael, you wanted to talk about TAG investigation around metadata, see http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/metadata-survey.html
13:55:07 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:55:21 [veroniqueM]
Chris Poppe from IBBT also volunteers to contribute as an editor
13:56:07 [veroniqueM]
Raphael: the tag group has been very active and publishing a page about metadata
13:56:20 [veroniqueM]
... the group should look at that page
13:56:33 [veroniqueM]
Daniel: any other issue?
13:56:48 [daniel]
bye
13:56:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/03-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
13:56:54 [Zakim]
-raphael
13:56:56 [tobias]
bye
13:57:01 [chris]
bye
13:57:02 [Zakim]
-tobias
13:57:04 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
13:57:12 [veroniqueM]
ds :)
13:57:30 [Zakim]
-??P2
13:57:31 [Zakim]
-??P1
13:57:32 [veroniqueM]
waou!
13:58:05 [Zakim]
-VeroniqueM
13:58:12 [Zakim]
-Thierry
13:58:18 [joakim]
zakim, who s here?
13:58:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, joakim.
13:58:25 [joakim]
zakim, who is here?
13:58:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Felix, joakim
13:58:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see wonsuk, tmichel, joakim, raphael, veroniqueM, Zakim, RRSAgent, chris, daniel, fsasaki, trackbot
14:08:33 [Zakim]
-joakim
14:08:35 [Zakim]
-Felix
14:08:37 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has ended
14:08:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thierry, raphael, VeroniqueM, Felix, tobias, joakim, wonsuk
15:01:49 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
16:00:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann