IRC log of sml on 2009-03-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:31:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
17:31:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/03/02-sml-irc
17:32:11 [Kumar]
zakim, this will be SML
17:32:11 [Zakim]
ok, Kumar, I see XML_SMLWG()12:30PM already started
17:32:19 [Kumar]
scribe: Kumar Pandit
17:32:26 [Kumar]
scribenick: kumar
17:32:33 [Kumar]
meeting: SML WG Conf Call
17:32:41 [Kumar]
chair: John
17:32:55 [Zakim]
+??P3
17:33:04 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has joined #sml
17:33:15 [Zakim]
+Sandy
17:34:30 [johnarwe_]
zakim, who's on the phone?
17:34:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see lencharest, Kumar, Kirk, ??P3, Sandy
17:34:43 [johnarwe_]
zakim, ??P3 is me
17:34:43 [Zakim]
+johnarwe_; got it
17:36:41 [johnarwe_]
2/23 minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Feb/att-0007/20090223-smil-minutes.html
17:37:23 [Kumar]
john: any objection to approving the minutes of 2/23?
17:37:46 [Kumar]
RESOLUTION: minutes of 2/23 approved by the WG.
17:38:25 [Sandy]
zakim, mute me
17:38:25 [Zakim]
Sandy should now be muted
17:38:26 [Kumar]
topic: Action Items
17:38:47 [Kumar]
Kumar: I will work on my AIs this week.
17:39:51 [Kumar]
topic: Review EPR and XLink Notes
17:41:48 [Kumar]
Len: because of the large number of changes involved, I chose to work on the EPR note. The XLink edits are not complete yet.
17:42:39 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5341#c17
17:44:13 [Kumar]
kirk: Let us go through the changes from the beginning.
17:45:11 [ginny]
ginny has joined #sml
17:46:13 [Zakim]
+Ginny_Smith
17:46:19 [Kumar]
kirk: does W3C distinguish between author and editor for a note?
17:46:33 [johnarwe_]
for ginny: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5341#c17 or C18 if you prefer pdf
17:46:51 [Kumar]
john: Kirk, can you and Len resolve this offline?
17:48:25 [Kumar]
kirk: we should retain the SML/SML-IF version numbers in the status section.
17:50:46 [Kumar]
kirk: If we want to keep the 'ToC' links then we should make them more readable.
17:53:04 [Kumar]
RESOLUTION: rename 'ToC' to 'Back to Contents'
17:54:27 [Kumar]
kirk: 'reference schemes' and 'section 5.1' should be links.
17:55:07 [johnarwe_]
wondering out loud: would "see [ref] section x.y" read better? it's a bit less verbose (technicaly, 24 bits I guess :-) )
17:55:23 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
17:55:49 [johnarwe_]
repeating for ginny: wondering out loud: would "see [ref] section x.y" read better? it's a bit less verbose (technicaly, 24 bits I guess :-) )
17:58:04 [Kumar]
kirk: other changes in Introduction are ok.
18:00:30 [Kumar]
kirk: notes are non-normative therefore saying 'non-normative guidance' is redundant.
18:01:41 [Zakim]
-Sandy
18:02:27 [Kumar]
Len: the rewritten sentence that earlier began with 'However' is ok.
18:04:23 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
18:07:34 [Kumar]
kirk: other changes upto comment# 37 are ok.
18:11:20 [Kumar]
kirk: changes upto comment# 57 are ok.
18:12:52 [Kumar]
kirk: comment 58: prefer to say 'both of'.
18:13:57 [Kumar]
kirk: changes upto comment# 71 are ok.
18:14:24 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
18:14:59 [Kumar]
kirk: comment 73: I will come up with a valid uri.
18:15:31 [johnarwe_]
derived
18:16:47 [Kumar]
kirk: comment 77: I will rework the sentence to reduce usage of the word 'generated'.
18:17:36 [Kumar]
kirk: other changes upto comment# 82 are ok.
18:20:55 [Kumar]
Len: we should assign a label to the 'university example' so that we can refer to it properly.
18:21:18 [johnarwe_]
kirk: in 4.2 "new" text, s/ot/to/
18:21:40 [johnarwe_]
...and s/difin/defin/
18:23:32 [Kumar]
kirk: other changes are ok.
18:24:23 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
18:25:14 [Kumar]
john: the assertion that all IRIs are URIs is incorrect. it would be correct to say that all IRIs can be mapped to URIs.
18:29:04 [johnarwe_]
LEIRI note http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-leiri-20081103/
18:32:23 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
18:32:48 [Kumar]
kirk: I will make the accepted changes and a few other changes and then repost the Word document.
18:33:56 [Kumar]
rrsagent, make log public
18:34:56 [Zakim]
-lencharest
18:34:57 [Zakim]
-Ginny_Smith
18:34:57 [Zakim]
-johnarwe_
18:34:58 [Zakim]
-Kumar
18:34:58 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()12:30PM has ended
18:34:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were lencharest, +1.425.836.aaaa, Kirk, Kumar, Sandy, johnarwe_, Ginny_Smith
18:35:07 [Kumar]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:35:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/03/02-sml-minutes.html Kumar
18:35:11 [Kumar]
rrsagent, make log public
18:35:27 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has left #sml
20:05:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sml