IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-02-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:56:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:56:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to
20:56:38 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:56:40 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
20:57:47 [MichaelC]
20:57:48 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:57:50 [Zakim]
20:57:54 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Marco_Bertoni
20:58:09 [Zakim]
20:58:22 [rscano]
regrets+ Roberto_Ellero
20:58:39 [Zakim]
20:58:42 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
20:58:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow-Weaver, Cooper
20:59:30 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:59:32 [Zakim]
21:00:09 [Zakim]
21:00:17 [Zakim]
21:00:19 [Zakim]
21:00:19 [Zakim]
21:00:53 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:18 [Zakim]
21:01:24 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:25 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P3 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:01:25 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:01:33 [Ben_]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
21:01:33 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:01:34 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:46 [Zakim]
21:02:00 [Ben_]
zakim, this is WCAG
21:02:00 [Zakim]
Ben_, this was already WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:02:01 [Zakim]
ok, Ben_; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:02:06 [Zakim]
21:02:14 [rscano]
zakim, ??P9 is Roberto_Scano
21:02:14 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:02:16 [Zakim]
21:02:22 [rscano]
zakim, i am Roberto_Scano
21:02:22 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
21:02:39 [Ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Telecon
21:02:41 [Ben_]
21:02:52 [Ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, etc.
21:03:00 [Ben_]
agenda+ WAI-ARIA Last Call
21:03:08 [Ben_]
agenda+ HTML5 and Alt
21:03:25 [Ben_]
agenda+ Misc. Issues for 26 Feb (survey)
21:03:38 [Ben_]
agenda+ Policy on 3rd Party Techs.
21:03:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aaaa
21:03:59 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:28 [Zakim]
21:04:58 [Zakim]
21:06:43 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:12 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:37 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:07:58 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: greggvanderheiden
21:08:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.864.aabb
21:08:13 [MichaelC]
scribe: Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:08:15 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:31 [Ben]
21:08:50 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:08:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, etc." taken up [from Ben_]
21:09:31 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: WAI-ARIA Last Call - WCAG comments
21:11:00 [Ben]
zakim, next agendum
21:11:00 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "WAI-ARIA Last Call" taken up [from Ben_]
21:15:52 [greggvanderheiden]
ACTION: All should read it.
21:15:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - All
21:19:39 [greggvanderheiden]
s/it/it by March 26th/
21:21:29 [greggvanderheiden]
NOTE: We are assuming that the deadline will be extended as per discussion.
21:21:40 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: HTML5 and Alt
21:36:38 [David_MacDonald]
21:37:01 [Loretta]
ack d
21:37:22 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on ?
21:37:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Loretta.
21:38:03 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on the call?
21:38:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Roberto_Scano (muted), Christophe_Strobbe, Michael_Cooper,
21:38:06 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald, +1.301.864.aabb
21:38:07 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
21:40:08 [Loretta]
ack b
21:43:49 [bruce_]
bruce_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:44:40 [bruce]
bruce has joined #wai-wcag
21:46:33 [Zakim]
- +1.301.864.aabb
21:54:51 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: Issue 2698: Include H69 as technique for 2.4.6
21:56:33 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: Accept as amended
21:56:50 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: Issue 2699: Clarify G167
22:00:43 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: Accept as amended
22:00:59 [greggvanderheiden]
22:01:12 [greggvanderheiden]
s/v/Issue 2701: Reference to 1.3.1 absent for these techniques/
22:01:24 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:01:36 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: Issue 2702: H48 included in H50
22:01:47 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended.
22:02:03 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: Issue 2704: H85 optgroup
22:11:16 [greggvanderheiden]
ACTION: Loretta: Add to agenda later "Amount of Accessibility Support needed before we list something as sufficient"
22:11:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-5 - Add to agenda later \"Amount of Accessibility Support needed before we list something as sufficient\" [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2009-03-05].
22:11:53 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: Issue 2705: About H91
22:26:32 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: leave open for now since browser behavior varies and this isn't correct as currently written
22:27:07 [greggvanderheiden]
TOPIC: SC 4.1.1 vs input and img elements
22:29:17 [Loretta]
22:32:51 [greggvanderheiden]
RESOLUTION: IMG or INPUT element that isn't self-closing PASSES SC 4.1.1. in HTML but FAILS SC 4.1.1. for XHTML
22:33:23 [rscano]
also br elements?
22:34:11 [Zakim]
22:34:15 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:34:44 [greggvanderheiden]
ACTION: Christophe: Add this example to F70 for XHTML with a note that it would NOT fail for HTML.
22:34:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Add this example to F70 for XHTML with a note that it would NOT fail for HTML. [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2009-03-05].
22:36:46 [Zakim]
22:36:48 [Zakim]
22:36:50 [Zakim]
22:36:51 [Zakim]
22:36:52 [Zakim]
22:36:52 [Zakim]
22:36:55 [Zakim]
22:36:56 [Zakim]
22:36:57 [Zakim]
22:37:01 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:37:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow-Weaver, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Scano, Christophe_Strobbe, +1.617.324.aaaa, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, David_MacDonald,
22:37:04 [Zakim]
... Michael_Cooper, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.301.864.aabb
22:37:09 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:45:39 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has left #wai-wcag
23:43:30 [Ben]
Ben has left #wai-wcag