IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-02-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:03:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:03:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-irc
10:03:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:03:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
10:03:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:03:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM already started
10:03:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:03:10 [trackbot]
Date: 25 February 2009
10:03:22 [Gui]
Gui has joined #mediafrag
10:03:32 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0067.html
10:03:39 [raphael]
Regrets: Michael
10:03:50 [raphael]
Chair: Erik, Raphael
10:03:56 [Zakim]
+ +06128012aabb
10:04:06 [raphael]
Scribe: Silvia
10:04:14 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is nessy
10:04:14 [Zakim]
+nessy; got it
10:04:23 [raphael]
scribenick: nessy
10:04:33 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:04:33 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:04:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:04:40 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:04:51 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
10:04:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2, raphael, nessy, Yves
10:04:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Gui, Zakim, RRSAgent, erik, davy, raphael, conrad, nessy, trackbot, Yves
10:05:00 [Zakim]
+Gui
10:05:13 [davy]
zakim, ??P2 is erik
10:05:13 [Zakim]
+erik; got it
10:05:19 [davy]
zakim, davy is with erik
10:05:19 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
10:05:35 [raphael]
Present: Erik, Raphael, Guillaume, Silvia, Davy, Yves, Conrad (irc)
10:05:41 [raphael]
Regrets+: Jack
10:05:42 [Zakim]
+??P6
10:06:11 [raphael]
zakim, ??P6 is conrad
10:06:11 [Zakim]
+conrad; got it
10:06:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:07:11 [nessy]
1. ADMIN
10:07:25 [nessy]
welcome to Conrad as new invited expert
10:07:35 [nessy]
Conrad introduce himself
10:07:45 [nessy]
... worked on Annodex for a while
10:07:56 [nessy]
... recently worked on timed URI servers
10:08:07 [nessy]
... in corporation with Xiph.org, Mozilla and Wikipedia
10:08:21 [nessy]
... keen to provide input
10:08:24 [nessy]
... is in Japan
10:08:36 [nessy]
... 2 hours behind Silvia
10:08:55 [nessy]
... might provide one more implementation of the specification
10:09:37 [nessy]
... I'm a PhD student at Kyoto university, currently contracting for Mozilla/Wikipedia, but independent expert
10:09:58 [nessy]
Rapahel proposes to accept minutes of 11th Feb
10:09:58 [nessy]
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html
10:10:02 [davy]
+1
10:10:05 [erik]
+1
10:10:05 [nessy]
+1
10:10:05 [raphael]
s/1. ADMIN/Topic: 1. ADMIN
10:10:06 [Gui]
+1
10:10:35 [nessy]
Next F2F meeting (Barcelona, 16-17 April):
10:10:35 [nessy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0046.html
10:11:00 [nessy]
... Michael, Raphael will be there
10:11:05 [erik]
q+
10:11:13 [nessy]
... who else will be there?
10:11:15 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:11:15 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:11:46 [nessy]
... Davy and Eric will be there, too
10:12:06 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
10:12:06 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
10:12:07 [nessy]
... Silvia apologizes
10:12:40 [nessy]
... can participate via irc & phone
10:12:45 [nessy]
... will send availability
10:12:57 [nessy]
... Conrad is trying to work out a way
10:14:02 [nessy]
... Silvia & Conrad, if paper to W4A conf is accepted, one has to be there
10:15:09 [nessy]
... Guillaume also has a paper in W4A
10:15:19 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
10:15:19 [Zakim]
Gui should now be muted
10:15:37 [nessy]
... Raphael will ask again next week re attendance at next F2F
10:15:42 [erik]
+q
10:15:51 [nessy]
... for those who cannot attend, highly recommended to be available on phone and irc
10:16:10 [nessy]
... Erik thinks phone hook up last time worked well
10:16:22 [nessy]
... Yves will take care of zakim bridge
10:17:01 [nessy]
ACTION: Yves to take care of zakim bridge for F2F
10:17:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-44 - Take care of zakim bridge for F2F [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-03-04].
10:17:39 [nessy]
Topic: Future Participants
10:18:15 [nessy]
close ACTION-20
10:18:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-20 Check with Wolfgang whether he is still interested in this WG closed
10:18:37 [nessy]
Wolfgang has left the Uni and won't be available
10:18:58 [nessy]
close ACTION-18
10:18:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 See with Marie Claire who from Daily Motion can join closed
10:19:25 [nessy]
Dailymotion hasn't got enough interest
10:19:35 [nessy]
close ACTION-21
10:19:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 Check with Philippe the status of Cisco (Paul Bosso), Apple (Dave Singer or Eric Carlson) closed
10:19:58 [nessy]
we'll wait if Philippe has a suggestion for an alternative contact
10:20:06 [nessy]
Topic: PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
10:20:17 [nessy]
3.1 WD Template:
10:20:24 [nessy]
close ACTION-33
10:20:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-33 Start the template of the document closed
10:20:45 [nessy]
Raphael has prepared a template
10:21:39 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
10:22:06 [nessy]
... will check in html files
10:22:25 [erik]
q+
10:22:29 [nessy]
... will send reminder on who is responsible for which section
10:22:52 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:22:52 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:23:29 [nessy]
Erik suggests to add hard deadlines to the sections, so we can go towards our milestones
10:23:56 [nessy]
Raphael suggests that a week per sections may be do-able because it's a straight copy from the wiki
10:24:02 [nessy]
Erik agrees
10:24:38 [nessy]
... asks, when we want the document to be posted/published, so we can work backwards towards deadlines
10:24:51 [nessy]
Raphael says that our first working draft was due by end of January
10:24:58 [nessy]
... we should have it all ready by mid march
10:25:14 [erik]
+1
10:25:32 [nessy]
... mostly 2-3 teleconfs to finalize
10:25:37 [nessy]
... will send reminder email
10:25:51 [nessy]
3.2 Syntax:
10:25:59 [raphael]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0032.html
10:26:03 [nessy]
Time formats: Jack (ACTION-28) and follow-up thread
10:26:04 [nessy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0013.html
10:27:04 [nessy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions
10:27:47 [nessy]
Conrad will post more comments
10:28:03 [nessy]
close ACTION-41
10:28:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-41 Rewrite Syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234 closed
10:28:23 [nessy]
Yves has posted a ABNF
10:29:00 [nessy]
Michael suggested to write the generic rule at the top and go into more detail further down
10:29:25 [nessy]
Yves reckons this is a matter of taste
10:30:18 [nessy]
Yves will add more details to link it to the original URI spec
10:31:28 [nessy]
Raphael thinks we decided to have either a named fragment or a combination of the others
10:31:29 [Gui]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Formal_Grammar
10:31:33 [nessy]
... this is not represented right now
10:31:56 [nessy]
Yves thinks this is hard to capture in the production rule, and better to describe in text
10:32:10 [nessy]
Let's give this a try and see what comments we get back
10:32:22 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
10:32:22 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
10:32:34 [nessy]
3.3 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion
10:32:56 [nessy]
close ACTION-43
10:32:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-43 Incorporate changes proposed by reviewers of the Use Case and Requirements Wiki page closed
10:33:08 [nessy]
Gui has made changes, but wants to bring up a few points
10:33:24 [nessy]
... will send an email that summarises the changes
10:33:48 [nessy]
... wants to add a use case
10:34:17 [Gui]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/thumb/4/40/Model_Video_Resource.jpg/800px-Model_Video_Resource.jpg
10:34:22 [nessy]
... wants to add a picture
10:34:49 [nessy]
... do we want to add this picture as a line graph
10:35:03 [nessy]
Raphael & Silvia agree
10:35:25 [nessy]
Gui will send email and add graph
10:36:45 [nessy]
we need time to go through changes and have possibly a further discussion
10:37:22 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
10:37:22 [Zakim]
Gui should now be muted
10:37:26 [nessy]
Gui encourages everybody to re-read the use cases page
10:38:04 [nessy]
Silvia will do thorough review before including into WD
10:38:13 [nessy]
3.4 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
10:38:56 [nessy]
close ACTION-16
10:38:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 Go through the email lists to list different solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki closed
10:39:28 [nessy]
Erik will do ACTION-23 by next week
10:39:41 [nessy]
close ACTION-24
10:39:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-24 (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe (Larry) more info about xmpMM:Ingredients closed
10:39:54 [nessy]
information also gathered from Media Annotations WG
10:40:01 [nessy]
3.5 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
10:40:18 [nessy]
Raphael has long-standing action on 2-way and 4-way handshake description
10:40:45 [nessy]
2-way is in wiki
10:40:55 [nessy]
4-way is started
10:41:03 [nessy]
... will try to finish it today
10:41:28 [nessy]
... will send email to start discussion
10:41:49 [nessy]
Topic: Issues
10:42:04 [Zakim]
-conrad
10:42:08 [nessy]
Michael is still working on ACTION-42 and ISSUE-3
10:42:30 [nessy]
Topic: Implementation
10:42:42 [nessy]
ongoing discussion
10:42:50 [nessy]
... right now we have focus on getting WD out
10:43:03 [nessy]
... discuss this again when we are happy about WD
10:43:12 [nessy]
Topic: AOB
10:43:26 [erik]
none
10:43:29 [nessy]
none
10:43:44 [nessy]
Raphael thanks everybody for joining and closes the meeting
10:43:48 [Zakim]
+ +81.80.614.3.aacc
10:44:04 [Gui]
thanks bye bye
10:44:08 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:44:10 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:44:10 [raphael]
adjourned
10:44:12 [Zakim]
-Gui
10:44:14 [Zakim]
- +81.80.614.3.aacc
10:44:17 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:44:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:44:53 [Yves]
sure
10:44:59 [Zakim]
-erik
10:45:00 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:45:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were +61.2.801.2.aaaa, raphael, +06128012aabb, nessy, Yves, Gui, erik, davy, conrad, +81.80.614.3.aacc
10:45:10 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:48:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
10:48:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to take care of zakim bridge for F2F [1]
10:48:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-irc#T10-17-01