IRC log of sparql on 2009-02-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:22:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:22:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-sparql-irc
14:23:00 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be sparql
14:23:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, LeeF
14:23:22 [bijan]
Bristol line seems down
14:23:31 [LeeF]
lovely
14:23:43 [bijan]
My first attempt was 1) crackly and 2) didn't recognize the passcode
14:23:49 [bijan]
My second attempt is just hitting nothing :(
14:23:54 [LeeF]
(trying to figure it out)
14:24:13 [bijan]
(still down)
14:24:27 [AndyS_]
I looked out the window and Bristol is still there :-)
14:24:41 [LeeF]
Well at least we have one thing going for us :)
14:24:42 [bijan]
Glad to hear it!
14:24:48 [bijan]
It's a cool city!
14:25:05 [AndyS_]
I am too. More so probabaly.
14:25:20 [bijan]
Pfft...you're far enough from the centre
14:25:27 [bijan]
A nuke would just toast you a bit :)
14:25:32 [AndyS_]
I get "that code is not valid"
14:25:41 [bijan]
I can't connect at all
14:25:42 [swh]
I got an ok line, but couldn't connect to 77277
14:25:45 [iv_an_ru]
At least people will prefer Bristol to Novosibirsk when we will vote for F2F site
14:25:51 [swh]
that's true
14:26:00 [AndyS_]
Code is not valid.
14:26:06 [swh]
ah, whats the right code?
14:26:13 [LeeF]
I'm guessing that, uh, it never got setup :( everybody hang on a bit
14:26:15 [AxelPolleres]
same here, couldn't connect to 77277
14:26:26 [AndyS_]
Right code - but does not work - see also the zakim "no confernce message"
14:26:42 [AndyS_]
What was the DAWG code?
14:26:49 [iv_an_ru]
Isn't the code restricted to 4 numbers?
14:26:56 [bijan]
no
14:26:57 [LeeF]
iv_an_ru: no, some are 5
14:27:10 [bijan]
oo, a connection
14:27:17 [LeeF]
I requested it last week, but don't remember seeing a confirmation.
14:27:24 [LeeF]
zakim, room for 25?
14:27:25 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; conference Team_(sparql)14:27Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 1527Z
14:27:33 [bijan]
I can call in now, but the passcode is borked
14:27:37 [LeeF]
Let's use 26631
14:27:39 [Zakim]
Team_(sparql)14:27Z has now started
14:27:41 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:27:41 [LeeF]
I will send an updated email
14:27:56 [AndyS_]
Now I get a ringing tone after Ralph's message
14:28:12 [bijan]
AndyS: I was getting that
14:28:18 [iv_an_ru]
Should I tell Orri that the code is 26631?
14:28:19 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:28:21 [Zakim]
-??P2
14:28:21 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:28:22 [AxelPolleres]
(just joined with passcode 26631)
14:28:25 [swh]
Zakim: ??P2 is Garlik
14:28:38 [Zakim]
+??P4
14:28:44 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:28:49 [swh]
Zakim, ??P2 is Garlik
14:28:49 [Zakim]
+Garlik; got it
14:28:51 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:28:57 [bijan]
zakim, ??p6 is me
14:28:57 [Zakim]
+bijan; got it
14:29:02 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
14:29:02 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
14:29:06 [AndyS_]
zakim, P4 is me
14:29:06 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS_, I do not recognize a party named 'P4'
14:29:08 [Zakim]
+Lee_Feigenbaum
14:29:15 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P4 is me
14:29:15 [Zakim]
+AndyS_; got it
14:29:26 [AndyS_]
zakim, mute me
14:29:26 [Zakim]
AndyS_ should now be muted
14:29:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.518.276.aaaa
14:29:44 [ericP]
if we restart, we shoudl get the code SPARQL
14:29:46 [AndyS_]
zakim, unmute me
14:29:46 [Zakim]
AndyS_ should no longer be muted
14:29:51 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P5 is me
14:29:51 [Zakim]
+AndyS_; got it
14:29:55 [bijan]
I think you have to drop off
14:29:59 [ericP]
Zakim, please dial ericP-office
14:29:59 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
14:30:01 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:30:03 [bijan]
You can use the hand wave feature
14:30:23 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, who is talking?
14:30:33 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Garlik (10%), AndyS_ (26%), AndyS_.a (9%), Lee_Feigenbaum (15%)
14:30:53 [alepas]
Zakim: ??p4 is me
14:31:11 [LeeF]
iv_an_ru: yes, please do relay 26631 to Orri
14:31:15 [bijan]
41# will raise your hand
14:31:16 [iv_an_ru]
I did
14:31:21 [AndyS_]
I'm P4!
14:31:31 [bijan]
q-
14:31:41 [bijan]
So if you don't know which P you are
14:31:42 [Zakim]
+OpenLink
14:31:51 [bijan]
Type on the keypad 41#
14:32:19 [bijan]
q-
14:32:24 [LeeF]
zakim, aaaa is kasei
14:32:24 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
14:32:32 [bijan]
ack aaaa
14:32:36 [LeeF]
zakim, who's here?
14:32:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AxelPolleres, Garlik, AndyS_, AndyS_.a, bijan (muted), Lee_Feigenbaum, kasei, EricP, OpenLink
14:32:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, alepas, AndyS_, swh, kasei, AxelPolleres, iv_an_ru, bijan, AndyS, LeeF, ericP
14:32:40 [Zakim]
+ +0383306aabb
14:32:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.371.aacc
14:32:46 [bijan]
ack
14:33:01 [Zakim]
+Phil_Brooks
14:33:02 [iv_an_ru]
Zakim, +0383306aabb is me
14:33:02 [Zakim]
+iv_an_ru; got it
14:33:03 [LeeF]
zakim, aacc is daveNewman
14:33:03 [Zakim]
+daveNewman; got it
14:33:13 [bijan]
Note that the hand raise trick puts the person on the queue...chairs should clear it
14:33:20 [LeeF]
q?
14:33:23 [LeeF]
ack aaaa
14:33:28 [LeeF]
q-
14:33:36 [LeeF]
how? :)
14:33:37 [ericP]
queue=
14:33:37 [bijan]
tracy ack
14:33:42 [bijan]
try ack
14:33:48 [ericP]
i just cleared it
14:33:54 [ericP]
"queue="
14:34:24 [Zakim]
-AndyS_.a
14:34:35 [Zakim]
-AndyS_
14:34:38 [ericP]
Zakim, who is here?
14:34:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AxelPolleres, Garlik, bijan (muted), Lee_Feigenbaum, kasei, EricP, OpenLink, iv_an_ru, daveNewman, Phil_Brooks
14:34:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, alepas, AndyS_, swh, kasei, AxelPolleres, iv_an_ru, bijan, AndyS, LeeF, ericP
14:35:15 [Zakim]
+??P4
14:35:47 [LeeF]
agenda +Introductions
14:35:47 [alepas]
Zakim, i am ??p4
14:35:48 [Zakim]
+alepas; got it
14:35:53 [LeeF]
agenda +Our charter and time line
14:35:59 [LeeF]
agenda +What we all hope to get out of the working group
14:36:05 [LeeF]
agenda +Scheduling teleconferences and a face-to-face meeting
14:36:41 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:36:42 [Phil]
Phil has joined #SPARQL
14:36:47 [AndyS_]
Now can't dial in to US number either : suggests it's not the Bristol number
14:36:59 [LeeF]
zakim, ??P16 is AndyS_
14:36:59 [Zakim]
+AndyS_; got it
14:36:59 [AndyS_]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:37:00 [Zakim]
I already had ??P16 as AndyS_, AndyS_
14:37:11 [iv_an_ru]
I wan unable to dial in to Nice
14:37:20 [LeeF]
zakim, who's here?
14:37:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AxelPolleres, Garlik, bijan (muted), Lee_Feigenbaum, kasei, EricP, OpenLink, iv_an_ru, daveNewman, Phil_Brooks, alepas, AndyS_
14:37:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Phil, RRSAgent, Zakim, alepas, AndyS_, swh, kasei, AxelPolleres, iv_an_ru, bijan, AndyS, LeeF, ericP
14:38:53 [LeeF]
Scribe: AndyS_
14:39:28 [AndyS_]
Introductions
14:39:28 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki
14:39:43 [AndyS_]
Round the phone:
14:39:53 [AndyS_]
Lee Feigenbaum
14:40:07 [AxelPolleres]
(please all who don't speak mute themselves, thnx.)
14:40:57 [AndyS_]
Axel Polleres
14:41:26 [AndyS_]
Lee and Axel are the group's co-chairs
14:41:36 [kasei]
Axel: is there a way to do that through the conf. system?
14:41:49 [LeeF]
kasei: you can type "zakim, mute me"
14:42:18 [AndyS_]
Steve Harris
14:42:34 [AxelPolleres]
kasei, type "Zakim, mute me"
14:42:36 [Susie]
Susie has joined #sparql
14:43:14 [swh]
"Luke Wilson-Mawer"
14:43:50 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
14:43:50 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
14:43:55 [AndyS_]
Bijan Parsia
14:44:01 [kasei]
zakim, mute me
14:44:01 [Zakim]
kasei should now be muted
14:45:10 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
14:45:10 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
14:45:13 [AxelPolleres]
we'd kindly request people to also send intro mails to the mailing list, and also enter an introduction to the wiki (http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki).
14:45:16 [kasei]
zakim, unmute me
14:45:16 [Zakim]
kasei should no longer be muted
14:45:21 [AndyS_]
Greg Williams
14:46:05 [kasei]
zakim, mute me
14:46:05 [Zakim]
kasei should now be muted
14:46:12 [AndyS_]
Eric Prud'hommeaux
14:46:55 [AndyS_]
W3C staff contacts: EricP and Ivan Herman
14:47:12 [AndyS_]
Orri Erling
14:47:27 [AndyS_]
Ivan Mikhailov
14:47:37 [AxelPolleres]
orri and ivan on the same phone line (for attendees list)
14:48:14 [iv_an_ru]
Orri is at Utrecht and I'm in Novosibirsk, I guess that lines differ.
14:49:39 [AndyS_]
Dave Newman
14:50:11 [AndyS_]
(Dan Schutzer not attending today)
14:51:02 [AndyS_]
Phil Brooks
14:52:30 [Phil]
Hi, Bijan!
14:52:33 [Phil]
Jenna Zhou
14:53:00 [AndyS_]
Alex Passant
14:53:33 [LeeF]
Andy Seaborne
14:53:37 [AxelPolleres]
On http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=35463 I don't see yet all of the people here.
14:54:04 [bijan]
+1 to AndyS speed point
14:54:16 [swh]
+1
14:55:55 [bijan]
Oops. Manchester is likely to have a second person as well, someone who's been heavily involved with a joint UManchester/Seimans project
14:56:10 [AndyS_]
HP will be represented by two people: Andy Seaborne and Ahmed Ezzat
14:57:16 [AndyS_]
Weekly telecon : discussion on timing
14:57:43 [AndyS_]
Issue: PST is 06:30 and we have people on the west coast
14:58:01 [AxelPolleres]
(when typing, please mute yourselves)
14:58:32 [AndyS_]
Also clash with RIF calls just after SPARQL
14:58:48 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Meetings usually an hour
14:59:17 [AndyS_]
Dave: 7am is OK
14:59:38 [Zakim]
-daveNewman
15:00:11 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Suggestion 15:00Z
15:00:34 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
15:00:34 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
15:00:35 [AndyS_]
AxelPolleres: then limits me to one hour due to RIF
15:01:11 [AndyS_]
15:00Z = 10am EST = 7am PST until clocks change
15:01:33 [AndyS_]
Bijan: teach some of those slots but UManchester will have two people.
15:01:34 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
15:01:40 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
15:01:57 [bijan]
I appreciate the chairs consideration
15:02:30 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Days other than Tuesday is tricky for chairs/staff contacts
15:02:47 [bijan]
If the chairs are willing for asynch feedback from me on the days that I can't attend, I would be grateful
15:02:55 [AndyS_]
Phil: 10am OK but Singapore would be a problem.
15:02:56 [LeeF]
Very happy for async feedback
15:04:04 [LeeF]
agenda?
15:04:06 [AndyS_]
LeeF: For now, 15:00Z telecons -- 10am EST -- 7am PST
15:04:39 [swh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/01/sparql-charter
15:04:58 [AndyS_]
Charter discussion
15:05:12 [AndyS_]
LeeF: 18 months running time.
15:05:24 [AndyS_]
... key point
15:05:39 [AndyS_]
... RECs from last time (QL, Protocol, Results)
15:06:20 [AndyS_]
... also JSON Results format -- WG Note
15:07:00 [AndyS_]
... charter for adding key features for users; things that have been impelemnted and used sufficiently widely
15:07:31 [AndyS_]
... all SPARQL v1 queries shouldl be the same
15:07:48 [AndyS_]
... scope suggestions:
15:07:52 [AndyS_]
... update and delete
15:08:11 [AndyS_]
... aggregate functions
15:08:24 [AndyS_]
... new filters and functions
15:08:37 [AndyS_]
... interoperability (e.g. service description)
15:08:50 [AndyS_]
... describe inference regime
15:08:59 [AndyS_]
... make DESCRIBE more interoperable
15:09:13 [AndyS_]
... (was non-normative in REC)
15:09:25 [AndyS_]
... consider an XML syntax for SPARQL
15:09:57 [swh]
(project named expressions was missed I think)
15:10:00 [AndyS_]
... next week : round table for members to state what they see needed
15:10:36 [AndyS_]
EricP: Do some to meet schedule then flesh out if more time
15:11:00 [AndyS_]
LeeF: step one is UC&R (2 minths - maybe 6 weeks) will fix the features
15:11:15 [AndyS_]
... charter says prioritize
15:12:43 [iv_an_ru]
Shouldn't we make a table with row per feature and column per implementation, to enumerate SPARQL extensions do we have implemented already?
15:12:57 [iv_an_ru]
in a wiki
15:12:59 [AndyS_]
AxelPolleres: after 6 weeks we can close the feature set to stay on schedule
15:13:27 [AndyS_]
Orri: Implemented extensions - will submit the prioritized extensions
15:13:50 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Want to gather what's out there
15:14:02 [AndyS_]
... inc popularity
15:14:13 [AndyS_]
... then juggle.
15:14:32 [AndyS_]
... Other deliverables: REC updates
15:14:43 [AndyS_]
... already one month late :-)
15:14:48 [AndyS_]
(Only??!!)
15:15:02 [ywang4]
ywang4 has joined #sparql
15:15:27 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Travel may be an issue (economic issues)
15:15:33 [AndyS_]
... likely less F2F
15:15:37 [AndyS_]
q+
15:15:51 [swh]
q+
15:15:54 [AndyS_]
... first F2F around end of UC&R
15:16:26 [LeeF]
ack AndyS_
15:16:37 [bijan]
+1 to AndyS
15:16:53 [bijan]
I've done a bunch of remote F2F participation
15:17:12 [LeeF]
ack swh
15:17:15 [bijan]
I'd even go down to bristol or host UK folks so we have some "nodes" of f2f particpating at weird hours
15:17:16 [AndyS_]
AndyS_: virtual F2F : will set aside time to attend properly even if remote
15:17:33 [bijan]
Manchester has a nice room for telepresence
15:17:40 [bijan]
The "Access Grid"
15:17:53 [swh]
+1
15:18:57 [swh]
may 5,6,7 is ok for me
15:19:15 [AndyS_]
LeeF: timing: 1st week May (5th May ish)
15:19:31 [AndyS_]
... Location: Boston
15:19:42 [ywang4]
Hi, i just got here. May 4-6 are best for me
15:19:45 [AndyS_]
... maybe other links (e.g.UK)
15:19:57 [ywang4]
it's Yimin from Lilly
15:20:02 [bijan]
Not great for me
15:20:19 [iv_an_ru]
May 1-10 is not very convenient for me but I'm probably missing F2f anyway.
15:20:25 [AndyS_]
Looks OK at the moment
15:20:36 [bijan]
Mon-tues much worse than wed-fri
15:20:52 [AndyS_]
(how many Lilly people are there in the WG?)
15:21:22 [ywang4]
I think Susie and me here
15:21:29 [Phil]
Plus Phil and Jenna
15:21:51 [AndyS_]
LeeF: will try for 5&6 May
15:21:53 [Phil]
Jenna, though, may not participate quite as often
15:21:58 [AndyS_]
... will take to email
15:22:13 [AndyS_]
Axel: WBS
15:23:18 [ywang4]
Hi Phil, I didn't notice you are here as well
15:23:49 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Comments and questions?
15:24:14 [AndyS_]
AxelPolleres: Self-intros to the list
15:24:55 [AxelPolleres]
Please all send self-introductions until next week.
15:25:07 [AndyS_]
LeeF: Chairs will seek out editors for documents over time
15:25:39 [AndyS_]
End of meeting
15:25:46 [Zakim]
-bijan
15:26:04 [AndyS_]
EricP - can you remind of the minutes magic?
15:26:39 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, list attendees
15:26:39 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been AxelPolleres, Garlik, bijan, Lee_Feigenbaum, AndyS_, +1.518.276.aaaa, EricP, OpenLink, kasei, +1.415.371.aacc, Phil_Brooks, iv_an_ru,
15:26:42 [Zakim]
... daveNewman, alepas
15:26:58 [LeeF]
AndyS, I will take care of the minutes and get them online
15:27:24 [LeeF]
RRSAgent, draft minutes please
15:27:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-sparql-minutes.html LeeF
15:27:31 [LeeF]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:27:32 [bijan]
bijan has left #sparql
15:27:33 [AndyS_]
LeeF - thx.
15:28:58 [AxelPolleres]
who is ywang4? thanks!
15:29:07 [ywang4]
Yimin Wang
15:29:10 [ericP]
luke.wilson-mawer@garlik.com
15:29:11 [ywang4]
from Lilly Singapore
15:29:11 [LeeF]
ywang4 is Yimin Wang from Eli Lilly
15:29:49 [ericP]
From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
15:29:49 [ericP]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:54:36 -0500
15:29:49 [ericP]
To: 'SPARQL Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
15:29:49 [ericP]
Subject: First SPARQL Working Group Meeting - Tues. Feb 24th
15:29:49 [ericP]
Message-ID: <499C4B5C.6010202@thefigtrees.net>
15:29:51 [ericP]
Resent-From: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
15:29:53 [ericP]
Resent-Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:55:29 +0000
15:30:06 [LeeF]
Yimin, before you joined, we agreed to have our weekly calls at 15:00Z on Tuesdays - I know that that is quite late for you - do you think you still might be able to participate? (trying to balance time zones)
15:30:25 [ywang4]
Should be no problem
15:30:52 [ericP]
j_phil_brooks@lilly.com
15:31:36 [LeeF]
thanks, Yimin :)
15:32:12 [ericP]
ywang4, could you post me your email address?
15:32:34 [ywang4]
wangyimin@lilly.com
15:33:31 [Zakim]
-OpenLink
15:33:42 [ywang4]
so it looks like the f2f meeting will be 5 and 6 May at Boston?
15:34:37 [iv_an_ru]
I would be nice to know the date/place in advance due to visa headache.
15:34:40 [LeeF]
That's my best guess at the moment, Yimin, but we'll decide in the next week or two
15:34:53 [Zakim]
-Phil_Brooks
15:34:54 [Zakim]
-Lee_Feigenbaum
15:34:57 [Zakim]
-iv_an_ru
15:34:59 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:35:03 [Zakim]
-alepas
15:35:09 [Zakim]
-Garlik
15:35:14 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:35:19 [Zakim]
-AndyS_
15:35:23 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:35:23 [Zakim]
Team_(sparql)14:27Z has ended
15:35:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were AxelPolleres, Garlik, bijan, Lee_Feigenbaum, AndyS_, +1.518.276.aaaa, EricP, OpenLink, kasei, +1.415.371.aacc, Phil_Brooks, iv_an_ru, daveNewman, alepas
15:35:47 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #sparql
15:37:52 [ywang4]
I see, I will proceed with these dates
15:38:45 [LeeF]
iv_an_ru, if we settle it for sure in one or two weeks, does that give you enough time?
15:40:02 [ywang4]
ywang4 has left #sparql
15:41:39 [swh_]
swh_ has joined #sparql
15:42:52 [LeeF]
ericP, can you setup our calls going forward for 10:00AM ET with code 77277?
16:03:35 [ericP]
yep
16:14:12 [LeeF]
grazie
16:24:15 [kasei]
kasei has left #sparql
17:23:12 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql