IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-02-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:54:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:54:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-soap-jms-irc
16:54:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:54:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
16:54:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:54:07 [trackbot]
Date: 24 February 2009
16:54:13 [Roland]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0019.html
16:54:18 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
16:55:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
16:59:23 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
16:59:32 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:59:54 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
17:00:01 [Zakim]
+alewis
17:00:08 [Zakim]
+Roland_Merrick
17:00:11 [Zakim]
-Roland_Merrick
17:00:33 [Zakim]
+Roland_Merrick
17:00:54 [Roland]
Zakim, Roland_Merrick is Roland
17:00:55 [Zakim]
+Roland; got it
17:00:57 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
17:01:17 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
17:01:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
17:01:55 [Zakim]
+Phil
17:02:03 [Roland]
Zakim, aaaa is Derek
17:02:04 [Zakim]
+Derek; got it
17:02:10 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
17:02:27 [Roland]
Zakim, Peter_Easton is peaston
17:02:27 [Zakim]
+peaston; got it
17:02:52 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
17:03:39 [Zakim]
+Eric_Johnson
17:03:57 [Roland]
zakim, Eric_Johnson is eric
17:03:57 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
17:04:33 [Zakim]
+mphillip
17:04:43 [peaston]
Scribe:peaston
17:04:52 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
17:04:56 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0019.html
17:05:01 [peaston]
Chair:Roland
17:05:22 [peaston]
Topic: Actions
17:05:35 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
17:06:52 [Derek]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/
17:07:54 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/assertions/assertions.html
17:08:55 [peaston]
Close:Action-53
17:09:15 [peaston]
close action-53
17:09:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-53 Provide testcase(s) in properties area closed
17:12:03 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0017.html
17:13:57 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0020.html
17:15:27 [peaston]
Topic: discussing Action 64 topic reply to name
17:16:30 [peaston]
phil: this is a corner case perhaps not specify
17:16:43 [Phil]
I think that was eric, not phil :)
17:17:08 [peaston]
: Re:ACTION-62 Make a proposal to clarify the wording and scope of the (221) jndiContext Parameter property)
17:17:12 [peaston]
: Re:ACTION-62 Make a proposal to clarify the wording and scope of the (221) jndiContext Parameter property)
17:17:32 [peaston]
this is a corner case perhaps not specify
17:19:03 [peaston]
roland: we should specify the jndi case
17:19:48 [peaston]
roland: if you use jndi ignore topicReplyTo
17:21:44 [Roland]
Dongbo question: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0008.html
17:21:57 [peaston]
eric: hesitant to add topicReplyTo to wsdl
17:24:01 [peaston]
derek: could we just use it in the URI
17:24:53 [peaston]
derek: could have a reply to type
17:33:30 [peaston]
eric: do we have a conflict if wsdl and URI are inconsistent
17:33:51 [peaston]
eric: we could leave this in the URI spec
17:34:07 [peaston]
roland: what about error conditions
17:35:32 [peaston]
mphillips: just take the first one in the URI is there are conflicts
17:36:41 [peaston]
eric : there are a bunch of error cases
17:38:16 [Zakim]
-eric
17:38:36 [Zakim]
+eric
17:39:18 [peaston]
derek: make statements about what is ignored versus errors if the URI has conflicting R2 specs
17:42:42 [peaston]
action: derek to redraft words re replyTo and topicReplyTO
17:42:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-67 - Redraft words re replyTo and topicReplyTO [on Derek Rokicki - due 2009-03-03].
17:42:53 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0022.html
17:46:32 [peaston]
topic: discuss jndiContextParameters proposal act 62
17:47:20 [peaston]
roland the security principal may be contraversial otherwise ok
17:47:36 [peaston]
peter will pick another property
17:48:14 [peaston]
topic: Act 66 Additional Robust In-Only MEP
17:48:32 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0018.html
17:48:48 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Feb/0021.html
17:49:18 [peaston]
amy: Robust In-Only designed with JMS in mind
17:49:56 [peaston]
I muted
17:50:53 [peaston]
roland: we could fully specify it or specify it as other meps like RIO are not prohibited
17:51:57 [peaston]
eric: or do nothing note that we have to consider security concerns of NOT being rebust
17:52:24 [peaston]
amy roland etc: additional MEPS allowable is good
17:52:53 [peaston]
roland: do we state this in the spec i.e. other MEPS ok
17:53:43 [peaston]
derek: if we don't define RIO fully could be interpop issues
17:55:11 [peaston]
eric: is RIO a SOAP MEP ? should check
17:56:14 [peaston]
amy: SOAP WG only defined SOAP/HTTP perhaps SOAP/email
17:57:12 [peaston]
amy: RIO is being implemented getting traction
17:58:00 [peaston]
roland: this is a significant addition i.e. time spec tests etc
17:58:48 [peaston]
roland: adding an MEP may reset the W3C process
17:59:11 [peaston]
phil: what about next rev
18:00:00 [peaston]
eric: how about a non-normative appendix ?
18:00:48 [peaston]
eric : RIO has JMS QOS implications
18:01:47 [peaston]
eric: non-normative section(appendix) would be a step in the right direction
18:02:19 [peaston]
roland: Q1 do we want a normative section ?
18:02:37 [peaston]
all: no
18:02:56 [peaston]
roland: any volunteers for a non-normative section ?
18:04:29 [peaston]
all: generally restrained response
18:05:07 [Zakim]
-eric
18:05:08 [Zakim]
-Phil
18:05:09 [Zakim]
-mphillip
18:05:10 [Zakim]
-Derek
18:05:10 [Zakim]
-alewis
18:05:14 [Zakim]
-Roland
18:05:15 [peaston]
action: derek to draft words on what you can do with non-normative MEPs like RIO
18:05:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-68 - Draft words on what you can do with non-normative MEPs like RIO [on Derek Rokicki - due 2009-03-03].
18:05:29 [peaston]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:05:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-soap-jms-minutes.html peaston
18:05:41 [Zakim]
-peaston
18:05:43 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
18:05:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Roland, +1.708.246.aaaa, Phil, Derek, peaston, eric, mphillip
18:06:27 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:07:17 [Roland]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:07:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
18:07:43 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
19:27:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms