IRC log of sml on 2009-01-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:01:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
19:01:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/29-sml-irc
19:01:53 [lencharest]
How do I ask zakim who is on the line?
19:01:55 [johnarwe_]
rrsagent, make log public
19:02:00 [johnarwe_]
zakim, who is here?
19:02:00 [Zakim]
sorry, johnarwe_, I don't know what conference this is
19:02:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Kirk, lencharest, johnarwe_, trackbot, MSM
19:02:12 [johnarwe_]
zakim, this is sml
19:02:12 [Zakim]
ok, johnarwe_; that matches XML_SMLWG()2:00PM
19:02:42 [Kirk]
rrsagent, make log public
19:02:45 [Zakim]
+johnarwe_
19:02:48 [MSM]
zakim, please call MSM-617
19:02:48 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; the call is being made
19:02:50 [Zakim]
+MSM
19:02:57 [Sandy]
Sandy has joined #sml
19:03:03 [lencharest]
zakim, who is here?
19:03:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kirk, Sandy, [Microsoft], johnarwe_, MSM
19:03:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sandy, RRSAgent, Zakim, Kirk, lencharest, johnarwe_, trackbot, MSM
19:03:14 [lencharest]
zakim, [Microsoft] is lencharest
19:03:14 [Zakim]
+lencharest; got it
19:03:25 [Kirk]
chair: John Arwe
19:04:22 [ginny]
ginny has joined #sml
19:05:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.836.aaaa
19:06:03 [johnarwe_]
zakim, aaaa is kiumar
19:06:03 [Zakim]
+kiumar; got it
19:06:05 [Kumar]
Kumar has joined #sml
19:06:18 [johnarwe_]
zakim, kiumar is kumar
19:06:18 [Zakim]
+kumar; got it
19:07:53 [Zakim]
+Ginny_Smith
19:08:33 [Kirk]
Topic: Approval of minutes 1/22
19:08:38 [Kirk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Jan/0065.html
19:09:09 [lencharest]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Jan/att-0058/20090122-sml-minutes.html
19:10:01 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No objections to accepting minutes
19:10:20 [Kirk]
TOPIC: No Change to CG
19:10:42 [Kirk]
We are not attending F2F week of Feb 23
19:10:55 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Action Items
19:11:54 [Kirk]
MSM hopes to have action items closed by EOB tomorrow
19:12:30 [Kirk]
Except for AI 190 (lax fallback) will not be complete. John will close this AI.
19:12:48 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Change of Meeting Team
19:13:14 [Kirk]
We will decide to see what progress is today to decide whether we should meet again on this coming Monday.
19:13:32 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Farewell to MSM
19:14:58 [Kirk]
Tomorrow will be MSM's last day as a member of the Team.
19:15:38 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
19:15:54 [Kirk]
John expressed appreciation for MSM contributions to the working group.
19:16:32 [Kirk]
MSM expressed belief that Henry will due well, and we will be happy with Henry as well.
19:16:51 [Kirk]
TOPIC: New Work
19:17:07 [Kirk]
No new bugs
19:18:11 [Kirk]
MSM reports that issue regarding the length of the code lines as been resolved. That bug can be closed.
19:20:13 [Kirk]
Kumar: Will correct documents to "PR" version.
19:20:44 [Kirk]
Ginny: There is nothing left to fix with latest correction. Kumar can go ahead and fix the document.
19:21:33 [johnarwe_]
A. SML-IF Schema
19:21:33 [johnarwe_]
<xi:include></xi:include>
19:21:33 [johnarwe_]
B. Localization of IF Identity Sample (Non-Normative)
19:21:33 [Kirk]
John: Points out the SML-IF doc has no copyright date; missing schema in SML.
19:22:25 [johnarwe_]
Actually you have them reversed Kirk... SML schema has no copyright date, SMLIF schema is xi:include
19:23:57 [MSM]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/xml/sml/build/sml.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#SML_schema
19:25:37 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
19:27:39 [Kirk]
Ginny: Editors need to check that schemas are present when they do a rebuild.
19:28:19 [Kirk]
Ginny will close 5492. Change target to PR.
19:29:37 [Kirk]
Issue 6260:
19:29:55 [Kirk]
Kumar will review this issue.
19:30:37 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6260
19:31:08 [Kirk]
MSM: Changes 1, 2, 3 are now incorporated in SML & SML-IF
19:31:21 [Kirk]
...Change 4 is no longer necessary.
19:32:32 [Kirk]
John: Reports the has covered this in his draft.
19:32:41 [johnarwe_]
this=5
19:33:28 [Kirk]
Kumar: Reports that he wil cover change 6. Kumar will close bug.
19:33:58 [Kirk]
Issue 5680: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5680
19:35:12 [Kirk]
Ginny has provided diff file.
19:37:37 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
19:37:46 [Kirk]
Len: Appendix F, offset paragraph, #1, too many "is"s. Ginny will remove one of the "is"s.
19:41:46 [Kirk]
Kumar: Recommends using "PR" when checking this in to invoke the PR rules.
19:42:10 [Kirk]
John: Agrees,
19:43:02 [Kirk]
MSM: Wishes there were a better solution to this problem within W3C.
19:43:21 [Kirk]
Ginny: Ch
19:43:45 [Kirk]
Ginny: Checking this in, Feb 12, 2009, with "PR".
19:44:54 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
19:46:03 [Kirk]
John: Any further changes to 5680? Any objections to marking 5680 as Editorial? Any need for "Needs Review"?
19:46:30 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No Objections to any of these proposal. Ginny updates the issue.
19:46:48 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Review of PR Transition Request Draft
19:47:31 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Jan/att-0077/SML_PR_Transition_request.htm
19:49:38 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
19:50:06 [Kirk]
John: URIs refer to dates that we expect.
19:50:30 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Jan/att-0077/SML_PR_Transition_request.htm
19:51:06 [Kirk]
John: On MSMs recommendation, John needs to add URI to current version.
19:51:44 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: Consensus without objection to the proposed publication date.
19:53:52 [Kirk]
John reviews text and any changes to the text.
19:55:07 [Kirk]
...Implementation Information is a new section. No comments on this section.
19:56:59 [Kirk]
...Document Status has changes. Reviews changes.
19:57:45 [Kirk]
...Editors are allowed to readd the sentence what is striked-out if it is necessary to get the PubRules to run.
19:59:37 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
20:00:42 [Kirk]
Kumar: Suggests moving sentences. John suggests moving Teil paragraph after "(XML) Activity"
20:02:13 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No further changes appear to be necessary. Consensus on content of the Transition Request.
20:03:45 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Implementation Reports
20:03:52 [Kirk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2009Jan/0059.html
20:04:23 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/XML/SML/SMLPRFeatureImplementationReport.html
20:04:32 [Kirk]
Feature Implementation Report:
20:07:01 [Kirk]
MSM: Suggests using color backgrounds for Results.
20:07:08 [johnarwe_]
impl results: file:///C:/ARWE/Standards/SML/Temp/SMLPRTestCaseImplementationResults.html
20:07:15 [Kirk]
Implementation Results
20:07:19 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/XML/SML/SMLPRTestCaseImplementationResults.html
20:09:17 [Kirk]
John: Yellow means the tests are not committed by COSMOS to CVS, but they have been run by COSMOS.
20:10:47 [Kirk]
No further comments on Implementation Results
20:11:20 [Kirk]
TOPIC: SML Diffs Attecting performance
20:11:22 [johnarwe_]
SML diffs: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/xml/sml/extra/sml-diff-between-CR-and-PR.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
20:11:38 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
20:11:39 [johnarwe_]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/xml/sml/extra/sml-diff-between-CR-and-PR.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
20:15:59 [Kirk]
MSM: Points out that Appendix B of SML needs to be run through style sheet.
20:17:11 [Kirk]
John: Notes that the namespaces names have disappeared from the schema in Appendix A. MSM will try to fix. (Editors may need to manually fix this.)
20:19:45 [johnarwe_]
SMLIF http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/xml/sml/extra/sml-if-diff-between-CR-and-PR.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
20:19:49 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No other problems in the SML spec.
20:22:56 [Kirk]
John: Same namespace binding issue on the SML-IF schema.
20:23:37 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
20:28:55 [Zakim]
-Sandy
20:30:03 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No other problems in the SML-IF schema.
20:32:03 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Meeting this Monday 02/02
20:33:04 [Kirk]
Possible topics: Review of the two Notes.
20:33:37 [ginny_]
ginny_ has joined #sml
20:33:41 [Kirk]
NOTE: Kirk expresses regrets regarding meeting 02/02.
20:35:01 [Kirk]
John: Team is not ready to review Notes on Monday, given the need to do final editing.
20:35:45 [Kirk]
DECISION: Cancel 02/02 meeting. Resume 02/09. Topic: Discuss changes to Notes.
20:36:28 [Kirk]
John: Because of schedule transition meeting with Director, we may need to push out the publication date to the 19th.
20:36:53 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No objections to allowing this change of date of publication date.
20:38:07 [Kirk]
Len: Delete original Word docs from CVS, not part of revision history.
20:38:29 [Kirk]
...No objections noted.
20:39:25 [Zakim]
-kumar
20:39:26 [Kirk]
Adjournment: 3:38 pm ET
20:39:26 [Zakim]
-lencharest
20:39:27 [Zakim]
-Ginny_Smith
20:39:30 [Zakim]
-MSM
20:39:32 [Zakim]
-johnarwe_
20:39:45 [Kirk]
rrsaagent, generate minutes
20:40:03 [Kirk]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:40:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/29-sml-minutes.html Kirk
20:41:14 [Zakim]
-Kirk
20:41:15 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has ended
20:41:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kirk, Sandy, johnarwe_, MSM, lencharest, +1.425.836.aaaa, kumar, Ginny_Smith
20:41:24 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has left #sml
20:42:57 [MSM]
Kumar, Ginny, I've now checked in a fresh version of prettyprintxml.xsl
20:43:16 [MSM]
If you refresh and re-build, I think the schemas will have the required namespace declarations.
21:30:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sml