IRC log of er on 2009-01-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:10:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:10:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc
13:11:47 [squillace]
Zakim, this will be ERT
13:11:47 [Zakim]
ok, squillace; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
13:13:25 [squillace]
agenda+ Pointers in RDF
13:14:04 [squillace]
zakim, remove agendum 1
13:14:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Pointers in RDF, dropped
13:14:35 [squillace]
agenda+ Pointers in RDF: final review and decision on publication
13:14:56 [squillace]
zakim, agenda?
13:14:56 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
13:14:57 [Zakim]
2. Pointers in RDF: final review and decision on publication [from squillace]
13:15:39 [squillace]
agenda+ Check-in on other deliverables
13:16:11 [squillace]
agenda+ Next meetings
13:17:35 [squillace]
Meeting: ERT WG
13:18:45 [squillace]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009Jan/0010.html
13:18:56 [squillace]
Chair: Mike
13:24:17 [squillace]
zakim, agenda?
13:24:17 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
13:24:18 [Zakim]
2. Pointers in RDF: final review and decision on publication [from squillace]
13:24:20 [Zakim]
3. Check-in on other deliverables [from squillace]
13:24:21 [Zakim]
4. Next meetings [from squillace]
13:27:08 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
13:27:51 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
13:27:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
13:28:16 [squillace]
zakim, +1.512 is squillace
13:28:16 [Zakim]
+squillace; got it
13:29:35 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:29:35 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:29:36 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:31:02 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
13:32:00 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:33:42 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:33:42 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:34:00 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:34:13 [shadi]
zakim, unmute me
13:34:13 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
13:34:16 [Zakim]
+cvelasco
13:34:55 [JohannesK]
zakim, cvelasco is really me
13:34:55 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
13:35:17 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:35:17 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:35:28 [squillace]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009Jan/0004.html
13:35:35 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:35:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Pointers in RDF" taken up [from squillace]
13:35:57 [shadi]
MS: objective is to get consensus on publishing
13:36:08 [squillace]
response from CI: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009Jan/0012.html
13:37:01 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
13:37:01 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Pointers in RDF: final review and decision on publication" taken up [from squillace]
13:37:07 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has joined #er
13:38:09 [cvelasco]
I will join in a couple of minutes
13:38:18 [shadi]
MS: tried to generalize abstract
13:38:28 [shadi]
..and refine in later sections
13:39:42 [shadi]
CI: we start talking about content rather than pointers
13:39:55 [shadi]
...maybe need to focus more on the pointers aspect
13:40:43 [shadi]
MS: remove definition and just talk about pointers?
13:40:53 [shadi]
CI: or move to the end of the abstract
13:40:55 [shadi]
ack me
13:44:11 [shadi]
SAZ: like the approach of explaining that we are talkng about different types of content, then to go into pointers
13:44:21 [shadi]
...but maybe too much detail and definition
13:44:44 [shadi]
...note that the abstract will also be reviewed by others as part of the publication process
13:45:04 [shadi]
MS: what do we need for status of the document?
13:46:35 [shadi]
SAZ: status of the document should always be the "living breathing" part of the document
13:48:06 [Zakim]
+JohannesK.a
13:48:32 [shadi]
...it should explain what the purpose of this draft is, and what we expect from the reader
13:49:13 [cvelasco]
zakim, johannesK.a is really cvelasco
13:49:13 [Zakim]
+cvelasco; got it
13:54:07 [shadi]
action: msquillac to update Abstract and Status of the Document
13:54:07 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - msquillac
13:54:24 [shadi]
action: msquilla to update Abstract and Status of the Document
13:54:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-71 - Update Abstract and Status of the Document [on Michael Squillace - due 2009-02-04].
13:54:58 [shadi]
action: shadi to look into CVS access for editors
13:54:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-72 - Look into CVS access for editors [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2009-02-04].
13:56:32 [shadi]
MS: namespace?
13:56:38 [shadi]
SAZ: will have to be 2009
13:58:28 [shadi]
action: carlosI to replace http://www.w3.org/2008/pointers with http://www.w3.org/2009/pointers
13:58:29 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - carlosI
13:58:55 [carlosI]
action: ciglesia to replace http://www.w3.org/2008/pointers with http://www.w3.org/2009/pointer
13:58:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-73 - Replace http://www.w3.org/2008/pointers with http://www.w3.org/2009/pointer [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2009-02-04].
13:59:33 [shadi]
MS: some pointers should be abstract
14:00:03 [shadi]
...must adapt the language accordingly
14:00:23 [shadi]
CI: agree but may be difficult to express semantically
14:01:13 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081126#TestMode
14:02:44 [shadi]
SAZ: will need careful wording
14:03:07 [shadi]
CI: then RFC keywords loose their meaning if we can't put definitive restricitons
14:06:06 [shadi]
SAZ: think the issue is using the keywords to express application-specific restrictions
14:06:33 [shadi]
...but to keep this separate from the semantics
14:10:03 [shadi]
MS: should we frame issue as a question?
14:15:17 [shadi]
SAZ: suggest adding an editor note to section 1.2 that we are looking into the use of the keywords
14:15:26 [shadi]
...but publish the document as-is
14:17:33 [shadi]
action: ciglesia add editor's note to section 1.2 about revising the use of keywords
14:17:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-74 - Add editor's note to section 1.2 about revising the use of keywords [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2009-02-04].
14:20:53 [shadi]
action: ciglesia to remove section 2.3.4
14:20:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - Remove section 2.3.4 [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2009-02-04].
14:22:51 [shadi]
action: ciglesia to rename compound pointer
14:22:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-76 - Rename compound pointer [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2009-02-04].
14:25:46 [shadi]
MS: in 2.4.2, does it means that tools have to process Content-in-RDF?
14:25:54 [shadi]
SAZ: no, only this one property
14:27:25 [shadi]
action: ciglesia rename ptr:pointer to ptr:groupPointer
14:27:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-77 - Rename ptr:pointer to ptr:groupPointer [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2009-02-04].
14:29:11 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: to publish Pointer-in-RDF as a first public working draft, with the changes discussed
14:29:32 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:29:32 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Check-in on other deliverables" taken up [from squillace]
14:29:47 [squillace]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:29:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, squillace
14:29:49 [shadi]
deferred
14:29:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
14:30:00 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next meetings" taken up [from squillace]
14:30:39 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has left #er
14:30:40 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
14:30:41 [Zakim]
-squillace
14:30:43 [Zakim]
-cvelasco
14:30:43 [shadi]
next meeting: Wednesday 4 February
14:30:46 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:30:48 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:30:50 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
14:30:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.286.aaaa, squillace, Shadi, Carlos_Iglesias, JohannesK, cvelasco
14:31:26 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:31:26 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:31:27 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:31:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:31:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-minutes.html trackbot
14:31:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:52:28 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:52:32 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:52:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-minutes.html shadi
14:52:33 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:52:36 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-actions.rdf :
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: msquillac to update Abstract and Status of the Document [1]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T13-54-07
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: msquilla to update Abstract and Status of the Document [2]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T13-54-24
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to look into CVS access for editors [3]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T13-54-58
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: carlosI to replace http://www.w3.org/2008/pointers with http://www.w3.org/2009/pointers [4]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T13-58-28
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to replace http://www.w3.org/2008/pointers with http://www.w3.org/2009/pointer [5]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T13-58-55
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia add editor's note to section 1.2 about revising the use of keywords [6]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T14-17-33
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to remove section 2.3.4 [7]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T14-20-53
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to rename compound pointer [8]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T14-22-51
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia rename ptr:pointer to ptr:groupPointer [9]
14:52:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-er-irc#T14-27-25