IRC log of tsdtf on 2009-01-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:28:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
13:28:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-irc
13:29:03 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
13:29:03 [Zakim]
I see Team_(Najib)13:16Z, Team_(recruit)13:17Z, UW_Team()8:00AM, IA_MAWG()8:00AM active
13:29:05 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Team_(Najib)12:59Z, WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM, IA_CDFWG()8:30AM, ARCH_Team()8:00AM
13:29:11 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be WAI_TSDTF
13:29:11 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:29:22 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2009Jan/0012.html
13:29:26 [Christophe]
Meeting: WAI TSDTF
13:29:34 [Christophe]
Chair: CarlosV, Christophe
13:29:49 [Christophe]
Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2009Jan/0010.html
13:29:55 [shadi]
zakim, code?
13:29:55 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
13:29:59 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Web interface for displaying test samples
13:30:09 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Test samples review status
13:30:19 [Christophe]
Agenda+ New time slot?
13:30:32 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
13:30:41 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:30:42 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:32:50 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:33:10 [Christophe]
zakim, ??P17 is Christophe_Strobbe
13:33:10 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
13:33:36 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
13:33:44 [Zakim]
+Cooper
13:34:38 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has joined #tsdtf
13:35:24 [Zakim]
+JohannesK
13:36:07 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
13:36:16 [shadi]
scribenick: Shadi
13:36:22 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:36:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Web interface for displaying test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
13:36:27 [cvelasco]
zakim, johannesK is really cvelasco
13:36:27 [Zakim]
+cvelasco; got it
13:36:40 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/Overview
13:37:47 [shadi]
CS: Shadi updated the mockups
13:38:04 [shadi]
...the search page
13:38:06 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/simple
13:41:05 [shadi]
SAZ: may need additional tweaks based on experience from using the search functions
13:41:23 [shadi]
...may also use some wording and presentation tweaks, maybe EOWG can help
13:41:36 [shadi]
...for now, is this the functionality that we want?
13:41:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.987.aaaa
13:42:13 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Tim
13:42:13 [Zakim]
+Tim; got it
13:44:43 [shadi]
SAZ: we had talked about categorizing Techniques or Test Samples into "automatable" or not
13:44:52 [shadi]
...is this a priority to consider now?
13:45:07 [shadi]
CS: we used to have this information in the BenToWeb metadata
13:45:12 [Christophe]
Automatable or not: see testMode element in TCDL: http://www.bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0.html#edef-testmode
13:45:40 [shadi]
TB: we have information on the Technology, may also help selecting tests
13:47:06 [shadi]
SAZ: what kind of information is key for tool developers?
13:47:20 [shadi]
MC: all information, with the metadata, and let me deal with it myself
13:47:28 [shadi]
CV: agree with michael
13:47:53 [shadi]
CS: all tests regardless if automatable or not?
13:48:20 [shadi]
CV: yes. want information about automatable or not but want everything
13:48:38 [shadi]
MC: might have my own definition of what's automatable or not
13:48:42 [shadi]
TB: agree
13:49:29 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:50:27 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:50:30 [Christophe]
zakim, ??P17 is Christophe_Strobbe
13:50:30 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
13:50:34 [shadi]
SAZ: there is the "view format" feature
13:50:41 [shadi]
...seems that this may be most useful
13:50:50 [shadi]
...may need to better highlight it or explain it
13:52:04 [shadi]
CS: techniques and technology features will be pretty long
13:52:17 [shadi]
...might be a problem to select
13:54:06 [shadi]
SAZ: ideally scripting could help pre-select these based on other criteria
13:54:31 [shadi]
...anyone has ideas for addressing this?
13:55:42 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: mockups accepted, SAZ to start implementing functionality
13:56:15 [Zakim]
-Tim
13:56:29 [shadi]
action: Shadi to add issue on AJAX scripting on the search interface into tracker
13:56:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-25 - Add issue on AJAX scripting on the search interface into tracker [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2009-02-03].
13:58:15 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:58:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Test samples review status" taken up [from Christophe]
13:58:36 [shadi]
action: shadi to ask shawn if we can bring these mockups into EOWG for additional feedback (from an educational perspective)
13:58:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-26 - Ask shawn if we can bring these mockups into EOWG for additional feedback (from an educational perspective) [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2009-02-03].
13:59:21 [Christophe]
CarlosI's review: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2009Jan/0009.html
13:59:43 [shadi]
CS: want to review that status of where we are
14:00:04 [shadi]
... CarlosI researched and summarized the situation
14:02:27 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2009Jan/0011.html
14:04:32 [shadi]
SAZ: seems that #26 is out of synch, what are you proposing to change?
14:04:54 [shadi]
CS: expand the table to make summary attribute more useful
14:05:29 [shadi]
SAZ: so change the sample file to align it with the purpose/description?
14:05:35 [shadi]
CS: yes
14:06:25 [shadi]
action: christophe to update the sample files for test #26
14:06:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-27 - Update the sample files for test #26 [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2009-02-03].
14:08:23 [shadi]
CS: #36 and #41 have same issue, we have dummy page to avod 404 that is outside the naming convention
14:10:22 [shadi]
CI: two option, using a single dummy file or use one per test case
14:11:43 [shadi]
CS: have a duplicate for each test anyway, just doesn't follow the naming convention
14:11:49 [shadi]
SAZ: see no reason why
14:12:13 [shadi]
action: christophe to change names of the dummy pages for #36 and #41, to follow the naming convention
14:12:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-28 - Change names of the dummy pages for #36 and #41, to follow the naming convention [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2009-02-03].
14:13:47 [Christophe]
status list: http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList
14:14:09 [shadi]
CS: test samples need review
14:14:27 [shadi]
...should we start reviewing or should we wait for the automation?
14:15:53 [shadi]
SAZ: will take some time until the WG tool is ready
14:16:04 [shadi]
...may be better to do some manual reviewing
14:16:44 [shadi]
CS: even if people did 10 reviews per week it would still take until March 2010 to finish all the tests currently in the repository
14:18:51 [shadi]
SAZ: primarily Michael, CarlosI, and Tim for now
14:19:06 [shadi]
...available to do reviews?
14:19:21 [shadi]
MC: overhead so difficult that it takes too much time
14:19:46 [shadi]
...have trouble getting my head around the actual reviews
14:20:36 [shadi]
SAZ: concludes that the WG tool has much higher priority now
14:20:49 [shadi]
CS: maybe more than the public web interface
14:22:22 [shadi]
SAZ: think that at least the draft mockups are important to show our work and potentially recruit participation
14:22:34 [shadi]
...but now need to put more focus on the WG tool
14:24:05 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:24:05 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "New time slot?" taken up [from Christophe]
14:24:58 [shadi]
CS: maybe a new time might make it more easy for folks in north america to attend
14:25:07 [shadi]
MC: is there a request?
14:28:19 [shadi]
SAZ: any known conflicts?
14:28:38 [shadi]
...let's defer until have a real need
14:29:01 [shadi]
Next meeting: 10 February 2009
14:29:44 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has left #tsdtf
14:29:45 [Zakim]
-cvelasco
14:29:48 [Zakim]
-Cooper
14:29:50 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
14:29:53 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:29:56 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:29:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:29:56 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Carlos_Iglesias, Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Cooper, cvelasco, +1.301.987.aaaa, Tim
14:29:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:29:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-minutes.html trackbot
14:29:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:30:04 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:30:05 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
14:30:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were Carlos_Iglesias, Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Cooper, cvelasco, +1.301.987.aaaa, Tim
14:41:49 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:41:55 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:41:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:41:56 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:42:00 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to add issue on AJAX scripting on the search interface into tracker [1]
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-irc#T13-56-29
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to ask shawn if we can bring these mockups into EOWG for additional feedback (from an educational perspective) [2]
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-irc#T13-58-36
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: christophe to update the sample files for test #26 [3]
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-irc#T14-06-25
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: christophe to change names of the dummy pages for #36 and #41, to follow the naming convention [4]
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-tsdtf-irc#T14-12-13