IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-01-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:56:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:56:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/22-wai-wcag-irc
20:57:03 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:57:07 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
20:57:56 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/mid/824e742c0901161416m2fb45561h9c634c936a65216c@mail.gmail.com
20:58:14 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Life after Rec
20:58:22 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Post-Rec Charter
20:58:34 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Proposal for handling WCAG 2 questions and issues
20:58:49 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Meeting Schedule
20:59:31 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:59:38 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:59:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, call cooper-mit
20:59:43 [Zakim]
ok, MichaelC; the call is being made
20:59:44 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aaaa
21:01:18 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.410 is Drew_LaHart
21:01:18 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
21:01:38 [MichaelC]
regrets: Roberto_Scano
21:02:05 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:02:11 [Ben_]
Ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:21 [mbertoni]
zakim, ??P7 is mbertoni
21:02:21 [Zakim]
+mbertoni; got it
21:02:44 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:33 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:39 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:03:40 [Zakim]
-??P8
21:03:46 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:46 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:03:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.373.aabb
21:04:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.415 is Sofia_Celic
21:04:11 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
21:04:15 [mbertoni]
zakim, mute me
21:04:15 [Zakim]
mbertoni should now be muted
21:04:38 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:04:54 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P8 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:04:54 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:04:59 [Ben_]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
21:05:00 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:05:18 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:18 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:23 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:05:55 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:06:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.668.aacc
21:07:02 [MichaelC]
agenda?
21:07:09 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.301 is Bruce_Bailey
21:07:11 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
21:08:04 [Tim]
Topic: life after Rec
21:08:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
21:08:08 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Process for responding for questions directed at editors" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:08:10 [MichaelC]
scirbe: Tim
21:08:16 [MichaelC]
scribe: Tim
21:08:27 [Zakim]
+??P11
21:08:38 [bengt]
zakim, ??P11 is Bengt_Farre
21:08:38 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:10:52 [Tim]
need to renew charter
21:11:01 [Tim]
maintaining understanding doc
21:11:21 [MichaelC]
Post Rec Tasks: http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Post_Recommendation_Tasks
21:12:27 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:13:20 [MichaelC]
q+
21:13:34 [Tim]
ack MichaelC
21:14:53 [Tim]
work in TSDTF within WCAG scope
21:15:14 [MichaelC]
ack me
21:16:44 [Tim]
collaborate with ERTWG via the TSDTF in their efforts to create a test suite for evaluation tools
21:20:01 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
21:20:19 [Tim]
updated Post Rec Tasks in wiki -> http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Post_Recommendation_Tasks
21:21:08 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:21:54 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:22:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:22:41 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
21:22:41 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:23:51 [Tim]
extent of collaboration with other organizations on future work (re: WCAG outreach)
21:24:28 [Tim]
work with PFWG on ARIA techniques
21:25:19 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:25:38 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:26:08 [Zakim]
+??P1
21:26:31 [rellero_]
zakim, ?PP1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:26:31 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not recognize a party named '?PP1'
21:26:41 [rellero_]
04 01zakim, ?P1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:26:57 [Tim]
promoting WCAG2.0 is important
21:27:21 [rellero_]
04 01zakim, ?P1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:27:46 [Tim]
ack Cynthia
21:27:49 [Loretta]
ack c
21:28:14 [Drew]
q+
21:28:30 [Tim]
application notes and adding more techniques (including scripting)
21:28:32 [Loretta]
ack d
21:28:38 [rellero_]
04 01zakim, ??P1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:29:13 [rscano]
rscano has joined #wai-wcag
21:29:45 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:29:56 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
21:29:57 [Zakim]
sorry, rscano, I do not see a party named 'Roberto_Scano'
21:30:04 [rscano]
zakim, ??P3 is Roberto_Scano
21:30:04 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:30:09 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
21:30:09 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
21:30:22 [rellero_]
04 01zakim, ??P1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:30:26 [Tim]
checklists to measure WCAG2.0 understanding
21:30:53 [rellero_]
04 01zakim, ?PP1 is Roberto Ellero
21:31:08 [rscano]
zakim, ??P1 is Roberto_Ellero
21:31:08 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:31:08 [Tim]
make it easier to submit techniques/ideas
21:33:52 [Tim]
outreach efforts needed (for example to governments)
21:34:30 [Zakim]
+??P16
21:36:35 [Tim]
tools for outreach needed (public relations, workshops, media, etc.)
21:36:53 [rscano]
agree
21:37:18 [Tim]
may involve collaboration with EO
21:38:08 [Tim]
WCAG2.0 being examined in conjunction with 508 refresh
21:38:56 [rscano]
we will also start a review of italian law (hope in february) for conform to WCAG 2.0
21:39:08 [MichaelC]
q+ to ask if we need "train the trainer" resources, even workshops
21:39:18 [Tim]
ack MichaelC
21:39:18 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to ask if we need "train the trainer" resources, even workshops
21:39:36 [Loretta]
ack m
21:40:17 [Ben_]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:40:28 [Zakim]
Ben_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: mbertoni (4%)
21:40:44 [Loretta]
mute mbertoni
21:40:47 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, who is making noice
21:40:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noice', David_MacDonald
21:40:47 [mbertoni]
zakim, mute me
21:40:48 [Zakim]
mbertoni should now be muted
21:41:04 [Tim]
people have written books after specs in other WGs
21:42:15 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:42:26 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
21:42:26 [Tim]
focus on techniques/testing tools in this group
21:44:03 [Tim]
online seminar to promote understanding in addition?
21:44:54 [rscano]
zakim, unmute me
21:44:54 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should no longer be muted
21:45:53 [mbertoni]
agree
21:46:16 [Tim]
promote understanding of guidelines/techniques
21:46:47 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on the phone
21:46:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Loretta
21:48:51 [Tim]
have list of things we can do (prioritize list?)
21:48:54 [MichaelC]
q+ to ask if we want to resurrect the break-out teams to do tasks, and have plenary meetings less, as maybe we don't need to make consensus decisions as much
21:49:20 [Tim]
ack MichaelC
21:49:20 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to ask if we want to resurrect the break-out teams to do tasks, and have plenary meetings less, as maybe we don't need to make consensus decisions as much
21:52:06 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:52:42 [Tim]
tasks related to items on list
21:54:47 [Tim]
have TSDTF come to WCAG and report
21:56:23 [Tim]
make survey of different tasks and ask for participation
21:56:35 [Tim]
..also time commitment/resources
21:57:43 [Tim]
third-party techniques important
21:58:22 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:58:50 [Tim]
ack David
21:59:47 [rscano]
and create a VPAT-like for the other technologies?
21:59:48 [Tim]
how to open WCAG to other technologies
22:00:37 [Tim]
with approval of W3C?
22:02:21 [Tim]
should recruit more potential WG members to work on tasks in future
22:02:37 [Tim]
Topic: handling WCAG2 questions and issues
22:03:00 [Tim]
process needed for handling questions/issues
22:03:31 [Tim]
editorial items send to MC
22:04:02 [Tim]
other questions should be answered and documented
22:05:15 [Tim]
additional items may relate to understanding doc - filed as issues?
22:07:00 [Tim]
may involve overhead but keeping WG connected
22:08:31 [Tim]
other category is technical support
22:08:53 [Tim]
point to forums in these cases
22:12:07 [Tim]
..preferably neutral forums
22:12:16 [rscano]
a ning :-)
22:15:03 [Tim]
ack Bruce
22:15:13 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
22:15:35 [Tim]
use gl list
22:16:35 [Tim]
gl list needs to focus on wg activities
22:19:38 [Tim]
quality of support may be issue on external lists
22:21:57 [Tim]
frequency of meetings - how often?
22:22:09 [Tim]
depends on results of survey
22:23:44 [Tim]
need mechanism for keeping energy going into work to do (also need deadlines for motivation)
22:24:36 [Tim]
next meeting Feb 5
22:24:57 [rscano]
my birthday :D
22:25:12 [Tim]
ACTION: MC to create draft WCAG charter for review
22:25:37 [Tim]
ACTION: Loretta to create survey of activity areas
22:26:10 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:26:11 [Zakim]
-??P16
22:26:16 [mbertoni]
bye
22:26:19 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:26:24 [rscano]
bye :)
22:26:31 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:26:39 [Zakim]
-mbertoni
22:27:16 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
22:27:37 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:28:13 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:30:23 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:30:24 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:30:24 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:30:25 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:30:26 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:30:27 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:30:27 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:30:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Cooper, +1.410.757.aaaa, Drew_LaHart, mbertoni, Alex_Li, +1.415.373.aabb, Sofia_Celic, Ben_Caldwell, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland,
22:30:31 [Zakim]
... +1.301.668.aacc, Bruce_Bailey, Bengt_Farre, Cynthia_Shelly, Roberto_Ellero, Roberto_Scano
22:50:59 [Ben_]
Ben_ has left #wai-wcag